Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). (2161 Views)

Rest In Peace Oppo And MI .. Na The Matter We They Settle / What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android / What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by TechCapon(m): 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
TechCapon

Xiaomi has just announced two new budget smartphone in Spain, the Xiaomi Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite, and the two new phones running on pure Android One. Google’s stripped-down operating system the Android one was originally intended for low-end devices, but the Mi A2 phones are firmly mid-range and should provide a solid stock Android 8.1 experience. This smartphone is solid all-round and with a very affordable price tag.

There’s absolutely no way you can tell me this lovely smartphone doesn’t catch your fancy, you will definitely fall in love with the look of its metal, gold coloured body, you’ll also like the big 5.99-inch display and you will definitely appreciate how sharp text looks with the full HD plus resolution. Being a part of the Android One programme run by Google, the Xiaomi Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite will run stock Android Oreo out-of-the-box with the latest Android security patch.

Xiaomi Mi A2 Specs

Both phones are 7.3mm thick and share a 6-inch 18:9 1080p LCD, a Snapdragon 660 processor, a 12- and 20-megapixel dual camera setup, a 20-megapixel selfie camera with a flash, USB C, and a 3,000mAh battery. The Mi A2 is available with up to 128GB of storage and 6GB of RAM. The 20-megapixel front-facing camera will appeal to the selfie lovers among you.

Without mincing words I can boldly tell you the Xiaomi Mi A2 is more beautiful than the iPhone X and the camera unit is identical to the iPhone X’s. Too bad it won’t be available in the US or UK. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 processor powers the Mi A2 which gives it more advantage over the Mi A2 Lite version. Both the Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite will have 4G LTE. Both devices have rear mounted finger-print sensors. It also comes with Qualcomm’s fast charging technology. The best part of it is the price tag, all that good stuff comes for just $290 (N105,000).This doesn’t mean the smartphone is not cheap, it means our currency (NAIRA) is in a very bad shape. cheesy

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Specs

The Mi A2 Lite is a smaller and cheaper variant with a notched 5.84-inch 19:9 1080p LCD, a Snapdragon 625 processor, 12- and 5-megapixel dual cameras, a 5-megapixel selfie camera, a 4,000mAh battery, and Micro USB fast charging. It’s 8.75mm thick, with storage maxing out at 64GB and RAM at 4GB. For me I like the Lite version of this phone because of the bigger battery 4000mAh, the Mi A2 Lite may actually be the more attractive device regardless of price. Its notched display means there’s more usable screen space, and the Snapdragon 625 paired with a much larger battery should result in excellent endurance.

The interface of the Xiaomi Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite is stock Android so there’s no nasty bloatware to slow things down also there’s no waterproofing on this phone so keep it away from water. The Mi A2 Lite has a 3GB/32GB version for $209 (N75,000) and a 4GB/64GB model for $267 (N96,000). Availability starts this month, and Xiaomi says the phones will come to 40 countries, if Nigeria is one of the 40 countries I don’t know, Lol so but you can order the phone on Aliexpress if you reside in Nigeria or other African countries.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/xiaomi-debuts-the-mi-a2-and-mi-a2-lite-running-android-one-photos/

lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by henry007(m): 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2018
Design is cool until you place it side by side the iPhone X.

Mi 8/Mi 8 EE can still hold its own design wise.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by TechCapon(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
henry007:
Design is cool until you place it side by side the iPhone X.

Mi 8/Mi 8 EE can still hold its own design wise.
you think the design of the Xiaomi Mi A2 cannot compete with that of the iPhone X? Both phones look very identical.
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by TechCapon(m): 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
Confirmed, No Nigeria grin

Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by TechCapon(m): 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2018
Photos from the global launch today in Madrid

Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by TechCapon(m): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
Wait o, Is it only guys that are launching the phone? Where are the girls? angry

Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by TechCapon(m): 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
Over 200 cartons of the smartphone on display.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by timilehing(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
TechCapon:
Confirmed, No Nigeria grin
Xiaomi not officially in Nigeria
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by TechCapon(m): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2018
timilehing:
Xiaomi not officially in Nigeria
yes I know but I think they're in partnership with jumia
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by timilehing(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
TechCapon:
yes I know but I think they're in partnership with jumia
They're not, sellers on Jumia import directly
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by TechCapon(m): 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
timilehing:
They're not, sellers on Jumia import directly
you're right. From aliexpress.
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by dominique(f): 6:56am On Jul 25, 2018
They're still yet to break into the Nigerian market. I wonder what's stopping them, unfavourable business conditions maybe.
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by TechCapon(m): 6:59am On Jul 25, 2018
dominique:
They're still yet to break into the Nigerian market. I wonder what's stopping them, unfavourable business conditions maybe.
with the way they're getting popular in Nigeria, it's just a matter of time.
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by eleojo23: 7:00am On Jul 25, 2018
Xiaomi all the way...
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by dominique(f): 7:30am On Jul 25, 2018
TechCapon:
with the way they're getting popular in Nigeria, it's just a matter of time.

Yeah, same thing with Gionee
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by TechCapon(m): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2018
dominique:

Yeah, same thing with Gionee
lol. I don't know why gionee has refused to grow. They have quality products
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by dominique(f): 8:41am On Jul 25, 2018
TechCapon:
lol. I don't know why gionee has refused to grow. They have quality products

They did very well last year but fizzled this year. Seems they ran out of ideas after M6

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by Yilana: 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2021
This is the moment you’ve been waiting for: she looks beautiful, you’ve picked the perfect romantic spot, you’ve handed off your iPhone X to her friends who are hidden out of sight, and you’ve got the ring in your pocket. In her friends’ hands, the iPhone’s 12 megapixel camera is the perfect resolution to capture this incredible moment — the moment she says “yes” to spending the rest of her life with you. But, though time is fleeting, won’t you want to share this occasion with her family? And won’t you want to revisit this decisive instant with her for years to come?

Using an iPhone to document this ephemeral memory presents a few challenges for both of these desires. The following are a few tips and tricks to guarantee that not only do you take beautiful pictures of your favorite moments, but that you can share and print your iPhone photos with ease
Read more from source
Re: Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). by sunshineV(f): 8:38am On Nov 26, 2021
Yilana:
This is the moment you’ve been waiting for: she looks beautiful, you’ve picked the perfect romantic spot, you’ve handed off your iPhone X to her friends who are hidden out of sight, and you’ve got the ring in your pocket. In her friends’ hands, the iPhone’s 12 megapixel camera is the perfect resolution to capture this incredible moment — the moment she says “yes” to spending the rest of her life with you. But, though time is fleeting, won’t you want to share this occasion with her family? And won’t you want to revisit this decisive instant with her for years to come?

Using an iPhone to document this ephemeral memory presents a few challenges for both of these desires. The following are a few tips and tricks to guarantee that not only do you take beautiful pictures of your favorite moments, but that you can share and print your iPhone photos with ease
Read more from source
u are a fool.

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 5 Oreo Beta / iPhone SE is faster than the fastest Android Smartphones, says Tim Cook / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.