Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? (802 Views)

Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? / Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? by cabcaz: 7:14am On Jun 16, 2010
I think this has to be the worst WC ever! The atmosphere is a complete joke now! And you know why? its because of that damn stupid vuvuzela!! I cant hear the supporters singing ! No drumming! No real trumpets all because of this stupid F**king vuvuzela! This is embarrassing for Africa as a whole. Everyone around the world is saying it shows who uncivil and ridiculous African are. Before the world cup I boasted there would be a sort of carnival like atmosphere. But how wrong was I!! Lets face it you have adults blowing this stupid thing non stupid behaving like kids you have just given a new toy to. If these South Africans are so dumb and have no other way of celebrating then fine, blow your stupid plastic toys in your matches but ban them at other games. This would not have been a problem but the authorities allocated a huge % of free tickets to locals and they have invaded all the games with their stupid plastic toys.

Right now I am in Japan and trust me, the Japanese at the most tolerant people but even they have had enough of this nonsense and for once I have seen their frustration. The sad thing everyone is generalising Africa as a whole and saying we are selfish and inhospitable hosts. The lack of awareness is so shocking and typifies one of our problems.

So there you have it my people! I cant wait for this WC to end, I cant see it veer coming back to African thanks to this stupid vuvuzella!! angry angry angry
Re: Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? by dominique(f): 11:41am On Jun 16, 2010
the vuvuzelas doesn't get to me as much as the dismal performances from African countries embarassed
Re: Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? by Mudley313: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2010
you need to shut the fvck up and respect other people's culture. the best or worse world cup is determined on the field of play not at the stands
Re: Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? by Crescentd(m): 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2010
This post is so rude its not funny. where did you get information that a huge percentage of tickets were given free to the locals? You have convinced yourself they are so poor they cant afford it. FYI over 1.5 million tickets were bought by the locals and thats commendable. I dont like the vuvuzelas too but it doesnt give me the right to insult those that blow it. come to think of it,if its so bad,how come there has been over a million downloads of the vuvuzela tone by mostly europians on their I Phones?
Re: Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? by Oba234: 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2010
wow, shut the hell up. I am currently in South Africa and it is not only Africans blowing the horn. Everybody is blowing that damn horn. The people of south africa are very friendly. I am with a bunch of american tourist and they are so surprised and fascinated at how friendly and generous south africans are. To me, this is one of the best world cup.
Re: Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? by 28Schweet(f): 8:27am On Jun 17, 2010
cabcaz:

I think this has to be the worst WC ever! The atmosphere is a complete joke now! And you know why? its because of that damn silly vuvuzela!! I cant hear the supporters singing ! No drumming! No real trumpets all because of this silly F**king vuvuzela! This is embarrassing for Africa as a whole. Everyone around the world is saying it shows who uncivil and ridiculous African are. Before the world cup I boasted there would be a sort of carnival like atmosphere. But how wrong was I!! Lets face it you have adults blowing this silly thing non silly behaving like kids you have just given a new toy to. If these South Africans are so dumb and have no other way of celebrating then fine, blow your silly plastic toys in your matches but ban them at other games. This would not have been a problem but the authorities allocated a huge % of free tickets to locals and they have invaded all the games with their silly plastic toys.

Right now I am in Japan and trust me, the Japanese at the most tolerant people but even they have had enough of this nonsense and for once I have seen their frustration. The sad thing everyone is generalising Africa as a whole and saying we are selfish and inhospitable hosts. The lack of awareness is so shocking and typifies one of our problems.

So there you have it my people! I cant wait for this WC to end, I cant see it veer coming back to African thanks to this silly vuvuzella!! angry angry angry
Spoken like a someone who truly hates themselves,

in any case, thank heaven you're not in S.A, because whilst everyone is touting this as an African world cup, here u are bashing the only country on the continent that had the self belief to host it. , darkie o worse,

FYI, this thing wont ever come back to Africa because no other african country, has the resources, infrastructure and credible international rating like S.A,
Re: Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? by cabcaz: 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
you need to shut the fvck up and respect other people's culture. the best or worse world cup is determined on the field of play not at the stands

Vuvuzela their culture? lol!! Yeah some White SA saw a bunch of gullible people who would fall for marketing gimmick and then got some country in china to produce these plastic toys en-mass and sell them to the peop[le as a cultural heritage! hahahaha the irony is so funny you probably missed it because you are too daft to see it.

Everyone knows the SA are reknoned for their great singing and dancing. Ipi Tombi and a host of their SA sing and dance groups backs this up. But Alas, SA got seduced into this cheap gimmick and produced without a doubt the most ridiculous WC ever! And for the record I have been to SA many times back in the 90's and never saw or heard of this piece of trash! I hear Nigerians have jumped on the bandwagon -and are now selling this trash and hope ot be using from now on. angry Nothing suprises me with our people we are at best sheep. Greece should do the decent thing and send us back home now!
Re: Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? by cabcaz: 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2010
Spoken like a someone who truly hates themselves,

in any case, thank heaven you're not in S.A, because whilst everyone is touting this as an African world cup, here u are bashing the only country on the continent that had the self belief to host it. , darkie o worse,

FYI, this thing wont ever come back to Africa because no other african country, has the resources, infrastructure and credible international rating like S.A,

Hate myself? Pls save all that talk for your sistahood your hangups. I'm too busy having a god time grin

I have a right to bash any country and I would keep doing this. Unlike you, I am not blinded by bias nor do I have a one track mind. I tell it as i see it. Oh and I know the WC wont come back to Africa, everyone knows that you don't have to spell it out Besides, it takes more than resources and infrastructures to host the WC. For instance even if you give Nigeria $200billion and build the beat stadiums and roads - they still wont be able to host it, not in a million years
Re: Is This The Worst World Cup Ever? by malaika(f): 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
::

(1) (Reply)

Ruby World Cup Final New Zealand 8 Vs France 7 / Why Did Addidas Designd D Worst Jersey For S' Eagle? / AFCON 2013:10 Best Goals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.