Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

President Buhari’s Full Statement On Defection Of Senators and 36 House Of Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Full Statement On Defection Of Senators and 36 House Of Reps (595 Views)

FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity / Shekarau Will Decide On Defection This Week –spokesperson / Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1)

President Buhari’s Full Statement On Defection Of Senators and 36 House Of Reps by ayazor: 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
Read President Buhari's Full Statement On Defection Of Senators and 36 House Of Reps

I wish all of our party members who today defected, the very best in their future undertakings. The APC has done its best to stop the defections, and I must commend the party leadership for working tirelessly to unite the party and position it for future victory.

I am confident that no harm or injury will be done by these defections, to the APC and its aspirations. I urge party faithful to not despair, but to instead see this as something that happens in seasons like this, on the eve of elections.

As the saying goes, all politics is local. We understand that some of the Distinguished and Honourable lawmakers have issues in/with their home states, especially on zoning which bars some of them from seeking another term in their constituencies.

Let me also note that none of the defecting federal lawmakers has any specific grievances against me or the government I lead; neither do I harbour any ill-feeling towards any of them. I fully respect their freedom to choose what party to associate with.

I am using this opportunity to restate my total commitment to the values of democracy, as well as my total willingness to work with ALL members of the National Assembly, irrespective of their political party, for the benefit of Nigeria and Nigerians.

Muhammadu Buhari
24 July 2018
https://web.facebook.com/1528952840718244/posts/2198703737076481/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Source: http://www.vondanews.com/president-buharis-statement-on-todays-nationa-assembly-defections-from/

Re: President Buhari’s Full Statement On Defection Of Senators and 36 House Of Reps by Ingocof(m): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2018
Be strong
Re: President Buhari’s Full Statement On Defection Of Senators and 36 House Of Reps by Mynd44: 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2018

(1)

Open Letter To The United Nations Secretary-general By Comrade Timi Frank / Breaking: Kano Deputy Governor, Hafeez Abubakar Dumps APC, Joins PDP / Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others Celebrate Failed Impeachment Plot, DSS DG Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.