Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,531 members, 7,823,312 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock (32671 Views)

6 Decisions From President Tinubu's Meeting With 36 Governors / FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity / 36 Governors Agree To End Nomadic Cattle Rearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by dre11(m): 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2018
Posted By: Augustine Ehikioya, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday met behind closed doors with the 36 states governors at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The meeting, which started around 12.40p.m, was held at the Council Chamber.

The governors were in Abuja for the extended National Economic Council (NEC) meeting chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

Buhari, had on Nov.19, held similar meeting with representatives of Nigerian Governors Forum at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, where the same issue of national minimum wage was deliberated upon.

Representatives of the Governors forum, who met with the president over the issue then, included governors of Zamfara, Lagos, Kaduna and Enugu, while the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige was also in attendance.

The Amal Pepple Tripartite Committee on the Review of National Minimum Wage, had on Nov. 6, submitted its report to President Buhari where it recommended N30,000 as the new national minimum wage.

While receiving the report, the president expressed his commitment to ensuring the implementation of a new national minimum wage and pledged to transmit an Executive Bill (on National Minimum Wage) to the National Assembly for its passage within the shortest possible time.

However, the 36 state governors had since expressed reservation over the proposed N30,000 new minimum wage by the Amal Pepple committee, saying the state governments were not in a stable financial position to pay the new minimum wage.

The Chairman of the Governors’ forum and Governor of Zamfara, Alhaji Abdul’aziz Yari, had on Nov. 15, told newsmen at the end of an emergency meeting of the governors in Abuja that payment of N30, 000 wage was not practicable.

The meeting with the President was still in progress at the time of filing this report.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-governors-meet-aso-rock-6/

1 Like

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by truthfulparrot(m): 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
I hope all is well?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by ijustdey: 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
Buhari meets governors over minimum wage issue

President Buhari on Friday met behind closed doors with 36 state governors of the federation on the lingering disagreement between the organised labour and state governments on the proposed N30,000 national minimum wage.

The News Agency of Nigeria observed that some of the governors were represented by their deputies at the meeting which lasted for about 30 minutes.

President Buhari, had, on November 19, held similar meeting with representatives of Nigerian Governors Forum at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, where the same issue of national minimum wage was deliberated upon.

Representatives of the Governors Forum, who met with the President over the issue then, included governors of Zamfara, Lagos, Kaduna and Enugu; while the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, was also in attendance.

The Amal Pepple Tripartite Committee on the Review of National Minimum Wage had, on November 6, submitted its report to President Buhari where it recommended N30,000 as the new national minimum wage.

While receiving the report, the President expressed his commitment to ensuring the implementation of a new national minimum wage and pledged to transmit an Executive Bill (on National Minimum Wage) to the National Assembly for its passage within the shortest possible time.

However, the 36 state governors had since expressed reservations over the proposed N30,000 new minimum wage by the Amal Pepple committee, saying the state governments were not in a stable financial position to pay it.

The Chairman of the Governors’ Forum and Governor of Zamfara, Abdul’aziz Yari, had, on November 15, told newsmen at the end of an emergency meeting of the governors in Abuja that payment of N30,000 wage was not practicable.

https://punchng.com/buhari-meets-with-36-state-governors-at-presidential-villa/

lalasticlala

this minimum wage issue will make or mar this government during election time with workers

1 Like

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by CarGuidNG: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
The scientific process would be for each state to have spending and revenue models constructed by its economists and economy policy makers, incorporating verifiable data, making projections about the current minimum wage, the proposed 30,000 minimum wage, and how it would affect their economic status and bottomline.

Such financial decisions need to be backed or disproved by strong data, which should be made public for independent analysis.

In any case we provide customized vehicle history checks and reports for car buyers, dealers and owners to ensure you don't end up with a vehicle with dangerous and hidden damage history. We back up your car buying decisions with hard, verifiable data.

Signature

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Kelgabriel5(m): 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
The guy above me is a heart breaker undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Lucifer66(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
So many corrupt people who should be locked up in one place.
It's disgusting how they can't pay 30,000 as minimum wage but they are receiving 1million naria without waiting.
This country is a disgrace.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
They will avoid this thread now.......Cra** people.... Jubril et sudan bulls****

BuhariOsinbajo2019

9 Likes

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by braine(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Clone or not, Buhari is working!

15 Likes

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by dam2000(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Sending buhari back 2 daura is a sure bet put all ur fortune on it

1 Like

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Shegzy8(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Please I'm in need of help...I haven't got tens something to eat since yesterday..I did some jobs and u haven't been paid...I'm helpless and getting frustrated...currently looking for means and I'm so frustrated...I've got dreams, but they all seem to be on the brink..I need financial help or someone that can invest in me...I have no where to go, no one to turn to...my life is in dilemma and I'm already thinking suicide...

This is not a scam and I am not dropping any account number..this is real and I'm going to drop my number for anyone who want to help to call or you can pm me and I will reply...I want to work, I want to be useful..this is Xmas and I have no plans cause I live for today and hope I live to see tomorrow.....you can either pm me here or text/call....08108669224
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by xynerise: 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
If I were one of the governors..... sad

Opportunity to remove his cap grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by PStacks(m): 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
So Jubril Recognized Ambode... that is Amazing..

Jubril must be a real Fast Guy
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Maxi3k(m): 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
Dis jibrin na fine boi ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by AntiWailer: 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
And none of the PDP Governors could see that he is Jubril.

Bunch of stupid people screaming jubril.

So PDP Governors too can not recognize the fake Buhari and you want to trust them to replace the fake Buhari ?

Bunch of chronic idiots.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by GCsomething: 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
Now, none of the would say he is Jubril,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by braine(m): 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
Shegzy8:
Please I'm in need of help...I haven't got tens something to eat since yesterday..I did some jobs and u haven't been paid...I'm helpless and getting frustrated...currently looking for means and I'm so frustrated...I've got dreams, but they all seem to be on the brink..I need financial help or someone that can invest in me...I have no where to go, no one to turn to...my life is in dilemma and I'm already thinking suicide...

This is not a scam and I am not dropping any account number..this is real and I'm going to drop my number for anyone who want to help to call or you can pm me and I will reply...I want to work, I want to be useful..this is Xmas and I have no plans cause I live for today and hope I live to see tomorrow.....you can either pm me here or text/call....08108669224

And you will end up using the money to bet? Lol. OYO l'owa.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Lucifer66(m): 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
Shegzy8:

Your account number?
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by lconised: 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
Send forth to Daura cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by originalKsp(m): 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
shocked
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by femi4: 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
Is Ambode still a governor
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Corrinthians(m): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
According to the cowardly albino in Israel, the 36 governors are so foolish they couldn't recognize that isn't Buhari.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Thisis2raw(m): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
Lets hope for the best
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Shegzy8(m): 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
Lucifer66:

Your account number?

6553685405...OLUWASEGUN...FIDELITY....God bless
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
Buhari had better shake hands with them well because he won't see them gathered like that again, no be for death. Daura is calling.
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by humilitypays(m): 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
shocked
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by sexiestharam(f): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
grin v
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
Nah, I think that's his clone.

I'm waiting for PDP retards to comman give us more details about our cloned president.

Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by Icon79(m): 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
Let's hope that one of the governors would be smart and fast enough to pick up something from the meeting for us to get a DNA sample of the man in Aso Rock. Is he the real Buhari or a body double masquerading as the real thing

We need a DNA test.

O pari
Re: Buhari And 36 Governors Meet In Aso Rock by KrisUyoAKS(m): 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
braine:
Clone or not, Buhari is working!

Lolz grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff / Militants Take Over Bakassi And Akpabuyo LGAs In Cross River / Black Soot Pollutes The Environment In Port Harcourt (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.