Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

The Truth About Nigeria's Population. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Nigeria's Population. (2067 Views)

Nigeria’s Population Explosion Is Frightening - Buhari / Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN / UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by theenchanter: 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2018
Nigeria's population is nothing but a hoax, it's not real. Nigeria's population is a result of political tussle between the north and south. I just want to set the record straight in response to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/4635727/necessity-birth-control-family-planning but I'm not discouraging family planning though.

Nigeria's first recognized population census was conducted in 1962, southern Nigeria claimed 23m and north claimed 22m. In retrospect, southern Nigeria inflated the figure by over 200% and north by over 70%. There was stern disagreement between both region about who has d bigger population since population is a determinant of power, bigger population means u have more representatives in d parliament and of course, more power.

The census was cancelled and recounted a year later, The north now had 31m people and the south still had 23m people. cheesy

In 1991 census, Nigeria claimed 88m. by contrast, the two Ancient African countries (Egypt and Ethiopia) the first was the place of civilization and d second was not colonized had 50m and 48m people respectively, how can Nigeria, a 30year old nation that lost countless souls to civil war and slave trade be 88m?

The last census was not credible as well, even d then NPC chairman, Mr Festus Edimegwu was sacked for saying d census was not credible n had political intrusion. Another blunder by the then governor of cross-river on 17.7.2010 at the save Nigeria group(SNG) in Abuja corroborates d fact that Nigeria has never had a credible census.
When we conducted the census in 2006 or so, the raw figures said we were over two hundred million; when they went and processed the figures it came down to 140million.

Another point to take note of is.... When NPC said Lagos population was 8m and Kano had a population of 9m, Tinubu immediately said Lagos was 17m n his kano counterpart retaliated by claiming Kano to be 19m. Question: is NPC in charge of census or governors?

A research by Africapolis (African subsidiary of E-geopolis) backed by Agences Française de developpment concluded that NPC was right about Lagos figure and Lagos state govt assessment was wrong.

Another group of British scientist conducted a research using satellite images of towns n villages in Nigeria also disputed Nigeria's Population figure.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by theenchanter: 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2018
This is not to say we aren't much in Nigeria but if we factor the fact that our birth rate is 2.6% and death rate at 12/1000 coupled with our low life expectancy at 56years n having one of d highest (if not d highest) mortality rate in d world, there's no way we're up to 120m sef.
I'm not against family planning but our population figure is not right, our leaders aren't truthful about it.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2018
why would anybody want to hoax nigeria's porpulation??
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by theenchanter: 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
miracood:
why would anybody want to hoax nigeria's porpulation??
for power, federal allocations among others.

the system of government acknowledge states with bigger population for monetary disbursement.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by RussianKGB: 11:27pm On Jul 24, 2018
The almajiri north uses it's wide demographic to support it's false theory of having the most population even though we know the south is more populated than the north. They use their culture and religion to support this false idea. Well we know better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by aolawale025: 12:20am On Jul 25, 2018
As long as population is one of the factors for revenue sharing. There will always be inflation of figures.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by alhassanyusuf29(m): 3:03am On Jul 25, 2018
ur ashawo prostitute mother should have used birth control on you,even tho u heard both north and south inflated their figures,ur drug induced brain decided to pic out north..what facts and figures do u have to back up ur claim of south being more than north?
RussianKGB:
The almajiri north uses it's wide demographic to support it's false theory of having the most population even though we know the south is more populated than the north. They use their culture and religion to support this false idea. Well we know better.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by Amberon11: 3:28am On Jul 25, 2018
You must be very stupid to insult someone's mother. Did he insult your mother?

It is very clear that the south is more populated than the north. In every country of the world, people tend to move towards the areas where there's a vibrant economy. People also tend to move away desertified areas.
alhassanyusuf29:
ur ashawo prostitute mother should have used birth control on you,even tho u heard both north and south inflated their figures,ur drug induced brain decided to pic out north..what facts and figures do u have to back up ur claim of south being more than north?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by RussianKGB: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2018
[s]
alhassanyusuf29:
[/s]

Unfortunately ur mum may be in one of those concentrated idps in the war ravaged north or probably killed from suicide bomb blast so i know u won't have any regards if i violate her. If my comment pains u, go and strap bomb on ur waist, and go do the needful. du'll northern almajiri like u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by alhassanyusuf29(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2018
delusional inyamuri flat.head,if only ur father had used u for ritual,u wouldn't be talking shit! the effect of dysfunctional family..i bet ur mother and sister are in the brothel daily sucking dicks and taking it through the ass for a living ,u should pass,me ur sister or mother,so as to help flourish there business
RussianKGB:

Unfortunately ur mum may be in one of those concentrated idps in the war ravaged north or probably killed from suicide bomb blast so i know u won't have any regards if i violate her. If my comment pains u, go and strap bomb on ur waist, and go do the needful. du'll northern almajiri like u.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by justtoodark: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2018
theenchanter:
Nigeria's population is nothing but a hoax, it's not real. Nigeria's population is a result of political tussle between the north and south. I just want to set the record straight in response to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/4635727/necessity-birth-control-family-planning but I'm not discouraging family planning though.

Nigeria's first recognized population census was conducted in 1962, southern Nigeria claimed 23m and north claimed 22m. In retrospect, southern Nigeria inflated the figure by over 200% and north by over 70%. There was stern disagreement between both region about who has d bigger population since population is a determinant of power, bigger population means u have more representatives in d parliament and of course, more power.

The census was cancelled and recounted a year later, The north now had 31m people and the south still had 23m people. cheesy

In 1991 census, Nigeria claimed 88m. by contrast, the two Ancient African countries (Egypt and Ethiopia) the first was the place of civilization and d second was not colonized had 50m and 48m people respectively, how can Nigeria, a 30year nation that lost countless souls to civil war and slave trade be 88m?

The last census was not credible as well, even d then NPC chairman, Mr Festus Edimegwu was sacked for saying d census was not credible n had political intrusion. Another blunder by the then governor of cross-river on 17.7.2010 at the save Nigeria group(SNG) in Abuja corroborates d fact that Nigeria has never had a credible census.
Another point to take note of is.... When NPC said Lagos population was 8m and Kano had a population of 9m, Tinubu immediately said Lagos was 17m n his kano counterpart retaliated by claiming Kano to be 19m. Question: is NPC in charge of census or governors?

A research by Africapolis (African subsidiary of E-geopolis) backed by Agences Française de developpment concluded that NPC was right about Lagos figure and Lagos state govt assessment was wrong.

Another group of British scientist conducted a research using satellite images of towns n villages in Nigeria also disputed Nigeria's Population figure.

the numbers are not adequate....never was....

its because of cross-border things....you could easily think they added all west african nations toghether to get that amount....

igbos are not that many....but they have a hugh ego....hausa fulani are not that many too,but they dont see no difference between chad,niger and islam north....and yorubas dont have that much children.....that number is suspect for only nigeria....
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by PeterUdeme: 10:28am On Jul 25, 2018
The Nigeria population is nothing close to 100m.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by potoX: 10:46am On Jul 25, 2018
RussianKGB:
It's not about knowing better, it's about what you intend to do about it
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by theenchanter: 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
Amberon11:
You must be very stupid to insult someone's mother. Did he insult your mother?

It is very clear that the south is more populated than the north. In every country of the world, people tend to move towards the areas where there's a vibrant economy. People also tend to move away desertified areas.
thank u very much, even 95% of Egyptians live along the Nile cos of the buoyancy of their economy across that region. Nigeria is the only country in the world where people live in arid region than hinterlands.

If u're familiar with the north very well, u'll notice stretch of unused lands before seeing settlements and another loooong journey before another settlement excluding Kaduna and Kano, where are the 100m people in the north living?

We're just using 'guesstimation' based on previous inflated figures rather than proper census.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2019
TayserMahri. i am inviting you here .
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2019
theenchanter:
thank u very much, even 95% of Egyptians live along the Nile cos of the buoyancy of their economy across that region. Nigeria is the only country in the world where people live in arid region than hinterlands.

If u're familiar with the north very well, u'll notice stretch of unused lands before seeing settlements and another loooong journey before another settlement excluding Kaduna and Kano, where are the 100m people in the north living?

We're just using 'guesstimation' based on previous inflated figures rather than proper census.
i am challenging this idiot for using the little powe seun gave him as a moderator. abnormal.

You have been proven to be an illiterate and i dare you to accept my challenge if you think you aren't
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 8:50pm On Feb 11, 2019
seun this very moderator is misusing the authority you gave him as one the unknown mode. he is misinforming individual currently on the kenya is better Nigeria thread now. and banning people unjustly
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by theenchanter: 8:50pm On Feb 11, 2019
vaxx:
i am challenging this idiot for using the little powe seun gave him as a moderator. abnormal.

You have been proven to be an illiterate and i dare you to accept my challenge if you think you aren't
u want me to injure u again? Even on a forgotten thread?
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2019
theenchanter:
u want me to injure u again? Even on a forgotten thread?
you are stupid. you can't face intellectual reasoning. and i dare you to accepts the challenge instead of banning me to hide face
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by theenchanter: 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2019
[quote author=vaxx post=75637698][/quote]accepted. grin

Let's get started. wink
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2019
seun this particular moderator has proven to be incompetent in his duty. he has taken personal emotions to disrupt the works that shouil be base on professionalism.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2019
theenchanter:
accepted. grin

Let's get started. wink
The first challenge is you are incompetent to be a moderator becuse you abhor injustice and illiteracy. and for nairalanders to see this as fact take me back to the thread you blocked me.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by theenchanter: 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2019
vaxx:
seun this particular moderator has proven to be incompetent in his duty. hr has taken personal emotions to disrupt the works that shouil be base on professionalism.
call seu.n from now till tomorrow, he won't do anything to me as long as I'm obeying d rules n regulations of d forum. I'm not a mod too.

But I thought u wanted to challenge me here, why call seu.n. again? undecided
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by theenchanter: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2019
vaxx:
The first challenge is you are incompetent to be a moderator becuse you abhor injustice and illiteracy. and for nairalanders to see this as fact take me back to the thread you blocked me.

see d way u dey write sef. I didn't block u, I'm not in charge of ur destiny. grin
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2019
theenchanter:
call seu.n from now till tomorrow, he won't do anything to me as long as I'm obeying d rules n regulations of d forum. I'm not a mod too.

But I thought u wanted to challenge me here, why call seu.n. again? undecided
i am only putting it into his notice. i was challenging your intellectual capacity which was put into shambles on the kenya better than Nigeria thread. i exposed your ignorance so much that i am interested to continue. and i dare you to take me back.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by theenchanter: 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2019
vaxx:
i am only putting it into hoz notice. i was challenging your intellectual capacity which has been into shambles on rhe. kenya better than Nigeria thread. i have exposed your ignorance so much that i am interested to continue. and i dare you to take me back.
u cant challenge my intellect with ur poor construction of sentences.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2019
theenchanter:
see d way u dey write sef. I didn't block u, I'm not in charge of ur destiny. grin
i have told you already, your destiny is in the hands of incompetent illiterate who are struggling among each other.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2019
theenchanter:
u cant challenge my intellect with ur poor construction of sentences.
haha. lets see who will do it better then. i am challenging you. take me back mofo
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by theenchanter: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
I was even thinking u wanted me to use ur skull for slam dunk training.

Stop disturbing me jare, I'm not responsible for ur misfortune (emi ko ni mo koba e)
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2019
theenchanter:
I was even thinking u wanted me to use ur skull for slam dunk training.

Stop disturbing me jare, I'm not responsible for ur misfortune (emi ko ni mo koba e)
Olodo. you wanted to look smart and by so doing, you exposed you half baked education you received on that thread. You are even accusing me of grammatical error when you fall into that very pit big time

now, i am asking you to unbanned me so i can expose your gullibility the more,. i dare you.

awon to ko ba wa layika, and.they will continue on their decision this Saturday.
Re: The Truth About Nigeria's Population. by vaxx: 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2019
This what the illiterate theenchanter. wrote on kenya is better. than Nigeria thread. nairalander check both his grammatical blunder and misinformation here. i shall reply him.

u're a mad man, a seriously mad man to the core. gringringrin how can a sane person say that America get its technology from Germany? The same pompous America that couldn't stand d fact that Russia got to d space before them n furiously changed the curriculum of its schools got its technology from Germany? are u seriously serious? U went nut again when u said Samsung buys most of its products from China and builds them in Korea... do u really think everyone is as dumb as u are or what d fvck are u taking me for? Do u even know that Samsung is the largest Chipmaker in d world? The company that makes the iPhone Oled screen? It's like u need some morsel of banku, n funny enough, u're d same person that want to educate everyone here, u actually need d education than everyone here!

I quoted u because u said innoson doesn't have its intellects on d production of its vehicles which is very incorrect. Innoson doesn't operate like katanka, so shut d fvck off!

Finally, companies don't produce all it components in-house, some are sourced out while they produce majority of their products. The sourced out component will either be
1.... a critical component that must be sourced out to an exemplary companies that makes those specified components like bosch does for German automakers and nippodenso does for Toyota primarily and others secondarily.
2.... an insignificance component that the company might source out in order to focus on more important component like the seatbelt or d bolts and nuts in a vehicle.

Batteries, seat, upholstery materials, ECUs (electronic control unit) aren't produced by automakers but sourced out too.

All in all, innoson doesn't produce what automakers doesn't source out for production ( engines ) but produce every other thing excluding light.

Can u show how those chassis in d pics are stamped in Ghana?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Any Man Of God Told you Atiku Will Win, Tell Them This.. / Ogundamisi Blames Ike Ekweremadu's Attack In Germany On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB Reacts / Facebook Shuts Down Nnamdi Kanu’s Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.