Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,470 members, 7,864,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:22 AM

Amazing Grace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amazing Grace (234 Views)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Composes Note For Wife, Ifeanyi, From Amazing Grace Song / Doctor Shot To Death After Singing Amazing Grace / Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Grace by pressplay411(m): 2:43am On Jul 25, 2018
People often ask me with awe, "How did you get to grow so fast, spiritually?"
I couldn't explain it, I just usually answered that It was simply Grace.

Eventually the Holyspirit gave me the answer. He led me to a movie. After much deliberating I have decided to share this, and I believe it will profit us all.

I try as much as possible to be careful with Pauline teachings because of their depth. They're so deep that even Peter had to confess and even urged the church to be careful and sensitive with them.

2Pet.3.15-16 - and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation--as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

I have prayed for Grace to deliver it appropriately and I now pray for Grace that we receive the understanding of the Holyspirit in Jesus name.

Here's the verse:
Rom.5.20b - But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,

This verse explains my thirst, hunger, growth and depth. I say all these in all humility, for our edification.
I didn't really understand the verse until I got it's Rhema from the movie "Paul The Apostle" 2018 release Please try to watch it, so profound.

Paul experienced a transcendent spiritual growth beyond most of the other apostles because He was a serial killer who persecuted and murdered the early Christians, including Stephen, out of ignorance and religious zeal as a Jewish Rabbi.
When He became saved, He had a sense of shame and regret for His old nature and he valued and appreciated his salvation so much so that it created a voracious hunger in him for Christ, and to live with so much passion for the gospel.

Now in our own case, Our sins before salvation do not even need to be as grave as Paul's. But remember, all sins are the same before God, all sins are an act of disobedience and rebellion. Hence, we just have to appreciate the fact that we have overcome our sinful nature as well as overcome our imminent destruction by the bondage of sin.
When we have this conviction in our heart of our Salvation and the extent Christ had to suffer to purchase it, it becomes real and precious to us.

This is what makes Grace abound more, you become more passionate about Christ and this creates a hunger that gives access to deeper things of God through the Holyspirit.

Unfortunately, this same verse has been perverted by so many preachers and believers. It has become an excuse to continue living in sin, abusing God's Grace and further destroying their vessels.

To this regard Paul also exhorts us:

Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Peace, Mercy and Grace unto us all.

(1) (Reply)

Do These Implies To Swearing And Calling The Name Of God In Vain? / Watch Your Tongue. / Prayer To St Francis Of Assisi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.