Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. (7457 Views)

Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Composes Note For Wife, Ifeanyi, From Amazing Grace Song / The Amazing city of pure Gold, Diamonds and precious stones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2020
About two weeks ago, I saw a man preaching in public and he was practically pointing at smokers telling them that they will end up in hell if they don't quit smoking and I was so dumbfounded and I began to wonder...who gave him the right to judge people and condemn them because they smoke? and come to think of it, when does the habit of smoking translate to an act of sin?

It is very disheartening that the devil has used heretic teachings by ''Pastors'' who are meant to lead people to heaven to instead send many to hell and even as I write this, many souls are trooping to HELL in their millions, not because of any other reason but because of the harsh false teachings of many Preachers who have given their own definition of sins rather than teach the real truth from the scriptures, they have defined an act that seems UNPLEASANT to them as a sin even when the bible at no point made clear reference to such acts as sins.

One of such heretic teaching is equating bad habits to sin...In life, habits are neither good nor bad, but where a habit moves toward, by a specific impulse or desire is where it begins to be defined as a virtue or a vice.

Do you know that many pastors preach that anyone who drinks alcohol, smokes(Weed, Cigarette, shisha....), gambles, masturbates, uses pieces of jewelry, indulge in polygamy, does cosmetic surgery of any type, uses makeup, has body art, piercings and on and on WILL NEVER MAKE HEAVEN?

Can we just close our eyes and imagine for a minute how unbelievable it is to even think that billions of people indulging in the aforementioned will go straight to hell if they die struggling with those habits.

WHAT IS THE POINT?

We have clear sins as made known by the scriptures and we have bad habits which are not sins and can never prevent us from making heaven. Bad habits could damage us totally like drinking alcohol which even in small quantity can damage our organs, smoking weed, shisha, a cigarette can damage our organs and cut our lives short, masturbation is very addictive and could affect productivity and gambling can destroy us financially... but that still does not make them sins and anyone indulging in any of these should never at any time condemn him or herself to hell but should call on the Holy Spirit to help and trust GOD because when the holy spirit comes into your life, every bad habit or sinful habit will be a thing of the past BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT MANY PEOPLE DON'T TRULY SEEK THE HELP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. You can't have the holy spirit in you and still enjoy or crave for sins...that is the difference between a truly born again individual and one who is taking GOD's grace for granted.

Jesus said in the book of John 6;37 '' All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.'' Jesus will never drive you away or condemn you because you struggle with any crazy habit or even sins. The scriptures encourage us in the book of Philippians 2:12 '' Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

Salvation is a work in progress, a continuum, some attain maturity faster than others but nobody can be more born again that a born again neither can we be more human than another human, we only grow in maturity and that is what GOD wants us to do, to strive to be better and better and never allow any bad habit or sin make us give up and condemn ourselves to hell.

This is not a message of convenience but a message of hope, and liberation and i hope this ministers to someone.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 11:20am On Aug 23, 2020
As long as we depend on the holy spirit, he will perfect our salvation, we can never overcome sins or bad habits on our own.

4 Likes

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 8:19am On Aug 30, 2020
Lalasticlala happy Sunday to you.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by AngusTV: 8:48am On Aug 30, 2020
It still boils down to understanding God’s word for yourself.

The way I might read the Bible and understand it might be diffferwnt from yours. So I shouldn’t force you to understand and see things from my own perception or understanding.

We should pray for the spirit of discernment too. To be able to tell what is good and what is bad

Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
AngusTV:
It still boils down to understanding God’s word for yourself.

The way I might read the Bible and understand it might be diffferwnt from yours. So I shouldn’t force you to understand and see things from my own perception or understanding.

We should pray for the spirit of discernment too. To be able to tell what is good and what is bad

Shalom

The bottom line is that people have given their own definition of sins and that is very ok as long as they make it a standard for themselves and not for others.

I created this thread because of the way Many pastors go about condemning innocent souls because ''THEY BATTLE WITH BAD HABITS'' that are not really sin, they present salvation as a thing you achieve by yourself through works and not by grace.... they make it look extremely difficult for salvation to be embraced and they usually present salvation in an arrogant manner rather than solemnly.

GOD accepts people as they are and by the time you start condemning a person that has not even come to christ because he has some crazy habits, then what message are you passing across?

This thread is to give hope to those who battle with addictions or some form of crazy habits...to tell them there is hope in Christ Jesus...to assure them that Jesus will never shut the gates of heaven against them even if they struggle with these habits till death and finally, to let them understand that it is the holy spirit who helps us to overcome sins and bad habits and not by our own power.

6 Likes

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 9:18am On Oct 11, 2020
lalasticlala happy sunday.

i believe this will save a struggling believer.

1 Like

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
Toks2008:
lalasticlala happy sunday.

i believe this will save a struggling believer.

Brother Lalasticlala is anything wrong with this soul liberating thread?

2 Likes

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2021
Goyopgir:
#SIX-ODD;
From Argentina;
PAYMENT AFTER WINNING;
WHATS-AP;
0 9 1 3 2 2 4 84 55

KICKOFF @ 11PM THIS MIDNIGHT!

Chai! You need serious deliverance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by BF69BF: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
Some so called Pastors these days self are G. Boys

Sho ni CC
Load am cash app
Cashout
O ni maga bill am
Small money ball out
Usain bolt run am
You get sure client lock am
If you no get money leave am
EFCC n bo japa

If you know you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Janiobi(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
God created weed. No go there. smoke and be awake

1 Like

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Righteousness2(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
We Love to Pamper sin and hear what will gratify our evil habits.

Sin is evil
Sin will Hinder you here on Earth
Sin will Guarantee you Hell

The Grace of GOD is not a license to sin neither is it a Cover for Sin.
Romans 6:1-2
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

The Grace of God is what keeps us from sinning not a license to sin.

Let no one Deceive Himself/Herself Sin is the transgression of the Commandments of GOD.
All unrighteousness is Sin. There is no small sin or big sin. There is no white sin or black sin.

Today many Preachers in the Name of modernized or Modify Christianity do not even tell their congregation what sin is. What you hear is if U want to give your life to JESUS stand up or raise ur hand. The people stand up and when they go back they continue in Immorality, evil, iniquities, Which has led many people astray and put them in the path of Hell

1Cor 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Heaven is a Prepared Place for Prepared people..
Heaven is a Place filled with Forgiven sinners.

Eternity is not a Joke! Don't let anyone Deceive you with soft Gospel that allows you to do as you want in the name of being saved.

1John 3:8-9
A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner is not a Christian.

It is Better to Hear the Hard bitter truth, Receive it , Pratice it and Make Heaven than for you to be Pampered with what gratifies your evil lifestyle only for you to open your Eyes in Hell!

Wake up Folks! Nobody enters Heaven by Luck!
You Can't Enter Eternal life on your terms
It Must be on God's terms. And his term is in his word

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Buomo76: 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nice one
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Molahnelson(m): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
Na today una remember to move am to this place abi, mod
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Gorillabrain: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
smoking, drinking, carry ashewo is not a sin. according to my Bible
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Gorillabrain: 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2021
Toks2008:

Chai! You need serious deliverance.

you don dump from Colombia to Argentina again? eleri Ibu
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Reroiri: 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
Amen
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Mywd: 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
Op what u are saying is that the direct condemnation is what is bad and that some christians are too judgemental abt sinners instead of them to help them and lead them to christ right??.................. What that pastor did is kind of funny but he said what the bible says,, he was telling them the truth brutally grin
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Mywd: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
Gorillabrain:
smoking, drinking, carry ashewo is not a sin. according to my Bible

Which book........
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by hopefulLandlord: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
Being an atheist is so comforting. seeing those religious bullshit for what it is is so surreal
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Gorillabrain: 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mywd:

Which book........

don't you read your Bible? unbeliever
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mywd:
Op what u are saying is that the direct condemnation is what is bad and that some christians are too judgemental abt sinners instead of them to help them and lead them to christ right??.................. What that pastor did is kind of funny but he said what the bible says,, he was telling them the truth brutally grin
Where in the bible was anyone condemned to hell for smoking?

Even the woman caught in the act of adultery was liberated by Jesus.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Brendaniel: 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2021
Toks2008:
About two weeks ago, I saw a man preaching in public and he was practically pointing at smokers telling them that they will end up in hell if they don't quit smoking and I was so dumbfounded and I began to wonder...who gave him the right to judge people and condemn them because they smoke? and come to think of it, when does the habit of smoking translate to an act of sin?

It is very disheartening that the devil has used heretic teachings by ''Pastors'' who are meant to lead people to heaven to instead send many to hell and even as I write this, many souls are trooping to HELL in their millions, not because of any other reason but because of the harsh false teachings of many Preachers who have given their own definition of sins rather than teach the real truth from the scriptures, they have defined an act that seems UNPLEASANT to them as a sin even when the bible at no point made clear reference to such acts as sins.

One of such heretic teaching is equating bad habits to sin...In life, habits are neither good nor bad, but where a habit moves toward, by a specific impulse or desire is where it begins to be defined as a virtue or a vice.

Do you know that many pastors preach that anyone who drinks alcohol, smokes(Weed, Cigarette, shisha....), gambles, masturbates, uses pieces of jewelry, indulge in polygamy, does cosmetic surgery of any type, uses makeup, has body art, piercings and on and on WILL NEVER MAKE HEAVEN?

Can we just close our eyes and imagine for a minute how unbelievable it is to even think that billions of people indulging in the aforementioned will go straight to hell if they die struggling with those habits.

WHAT IS THE POINT?

We have clear sins as made known by the scriptures and we have bad habits which are not sins and can never prevent us from making heaven. Bad habits could damage us totally like drinking alcohol which even in small quantity can damage our organs, smoking weed, shisha, a cigarette can damage our organs and cut our lives short, masturbation is very addictive and could affect productivity and gambling can destroy us financially... but that still does not make them sins and anyone indulging in any of these should never at any time condemn him or herself to hell but should call on the Holy Spirit to help and trust GOD because when the holy spirit comes into your life, every bad habit or sinful habit will be a thing of the past BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT MANY PEOPLE DON'T TRULY SEEK THE HELP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. You can't have the holy spirit in you and still enjoy or crave for sins...that is the difference between a truly born again individual and one who is taking GOD's grace for granted.

Jesus said in the book of John 6;37 '' All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.'' Jesus will never drive you away or condemn you because you struggle with any crazy habit or even sins. The scriptures encourage us in the book of Philippians 2:12 '' Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

Salvation is a work in progress, a continuum, some attain maturity faster than others but nobody can be more born again that a born again neither can we be more human than another human, we only grow in maturity and that is what GOD wants us to do, to strive to be better and better and never allow any bad habit or sin make us give up and condemn ourselves to hell.

This is not a message of convenience but a message of hope, and liberation and i hope this ministers to someone.

Regardless of the message you are trying to pass across just make sure you don't end up misleading people, because you will be held accountable if your message leads people to destruction...

2 Likes

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Mywd: 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Toks2008:

Where in the bible was anyone condemned to hell for smoking?

Even the woman caught in the act of adultery was liberated by Jesus.

Nobody said a sinner cant be liberated baba......
Read ur bible very well man

1 Like

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Saintdan0421(m): 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Abeg, this na end time sermon. You don't justify SIN cos SIN na SIN . Lets just pray for grace and more grace. Thankya.

1 Like

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Mywd: 10:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
Gorillabrain:

don't you read your Bible? unbeliever

The bible i read doesnt say that.... God cannot make u do sometin that will kill u man!!..... This is 2021 man! Make ur ways right
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mywd:

Nobody said a sinner cant be liberated baba......
Read ur bible very well man

Where was it written that smokers will go to hell was my question bro.

So if you believe sinners can be liberated then what is it with your comment cos that is exactly the message i am passing across.....liberation from bad habits.

Many people are fond of just wanting to counter things without first comprehending.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2021
If you masturbate you will go to hell so stop it.

1 Like

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Fvckyouall: 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2021
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Fvckyouall: 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nuttella:
If you masturbate you will go to hell so stop it.

If you have pre marital sex

Eye a guys dick or body

Steal money

Lie to your parents/friends/husband

Carry boyfriend

Insult others

You will burn in hell so stop it expecially no1 breakup with that boyfriend you said you love the most undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brother Emmanuel Senayon Vision Of Hell - 1st Encounter (part 1) / Can A Lie Be Justified Under Any Circumstance? / Abraham Didn't Pay Tithe From The Spoils Of The War To Melchizedec.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.