Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus (11831 Views)

Yusuf Datti: We Won This Election, We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate / CONAECDA To Herdsmen: We Are Coming After You To Reclaim Our Lands, Communities / Adeleke’s Victory Shows We’ll Reclaim All Stolen Mandate – PDP, Atiku, CUPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Ibroseun01(m): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
ABUJA- National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Prince Uche Secondus has expressed optimism that the party would reclaim power in Ekiti state in court.
Uche Secondus
He stated this at the 80th National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the party which held at the party’s headquarters, Abuja on Monday.
Briefing NEC members present at the meeting, National Chairman of the party, Prince Uche Secondus lamented the manner of conduct of the recent Ekiti State governorship election which the party lost to the All Progressives Congress, APC, saying the PDP would go the whole hog to reclaim the state in court.
“This meeting was called to review recent happenings in the country and to take critical decisions that would help salvage the country’s democracy.
“Another example of how the system has decayed under the watch of the APC is the recent Ekiti election. What happened in Ekiti was a shame and mockery of democracy. It was disgraceful.
“Let me assure our teeming supporters that we have all the polling units’ results and overwhelming records of electoral infractions by the APC, security agencies and INEC. We will reclaim our mandate in court.
“The security agencies threw decency and fairness over board, openly teargassing, intimidating and arresting PDP supporters. They chased away PDP agents, provided cover for APC thugs to snatch and stuff ballot boxes all in the bid to assist INEC to rig the election in favour of APC,” he alleged.
Bemoaning the recent killings in some parts of the country, Secondus faulted President Muhammadu Buhari’s handling of national security noting that under his watch, human lives have become worthless.
“Nigeria is truly at a crossroad. In our wildest imagination, none of us thought that Nigeria could deteriorate to the level it is today. Life is no longer worth anything with rivers of blood a constant spectacle.
“The monkeys and baboons have been truly soaked in blood. No day passes without innocent Nigerians being slaughtered in their numbers by killer herdsmen, bandits or Boko Haram. Insecurity has so worsened that people are genuinely scared to travel freely.
“Yet, this was a government that promised to wipe out Boko Haram in a matter of weeks. The lack of political will to rein in the killer herdsmen has left Nigerians and the international community in shock,” he lamented, even as he called on the party not to allow a repeat of what happened in Ekiti in the Osun governorship election.
Also speaking, chairman of the Board of Trustees, BoT, Senator Walid Jibrin said the Coalition of United Political Parties, CUPP, which recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) would succeed in kicking out President Buhari in the event if his emergence as APC Presidential candidate.
On his part, Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio urged Party supporters to brace up for the glory that await them saying, “We may become the majority party in Nigeria very soon and we are not just going to be the majority in negotiations but also in both chambers.”
Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu sympathised with party leaders over what he called their persecution by government, urging to take the situation as a price to pay for democracy to flourish.
“We sympathies with our members unjustly persecuted. We are happy that they are alive, that is the prize for democracy.
“We cannot allow injustice in this country and that is why we are building a nation where no body will be unjustly treated,” he noted.
Present at the meeting were Deputy Senate President, Like Ekweremadu, former Senate President, David Mark, Gombe State governor, Ibrahim Dankwambo, former governors of Kano, Niger, Cross River, Katsina, Benue, Kogi and Plateau States, Ibrahim Shekarau, Ibrahim Babangida, Liyel Imoke, Gabriel Suswam, Idris Wada and Jonah Jang respectively.
Others are former Minister of Special Duties, Kabiru Turaki, ex- Defence Minister, Bello Haliru and former Senate President, Adolphus Wabara among others.https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/ekiti-well-reclaim-our-mandate-in-court-secondus/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Calers: 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
In prison not In court. Millions of pdp cant stop Buhari.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by PMBfirstson(m): 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
I like it when looters return our money through wasted spending.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by imran147(m): 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
mr Secondus in your OGOGORO DREAM

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
Even though I'm a full blooded Igbo, biafra will never come. I don't want to apply for visa to Nigeria because i have invested alot in Alaba market. sad

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2018
Yèyé

14 Likes

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2018
Funny man

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by ifymadu: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2018
It’s not as if PDP is better than APC, just that Nigerians are left with just two choices; bad or bad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by rusher14: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2018
Just to avoid looking like they abandoned Fayose.

9 Likes

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Merimental(m): 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2018
Word n opposite...TALL---short..GOOD----bad...PDP----? grin

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by frowland(m): 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2018
ifymadu:
It’s not as if PDP is better than APC, just that Nigerians are left with just two choices; bad or bad.

haha
Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by blazer2018: 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
Best of luck with that...if indeed d Ekiti election was rigged as u claim, d court will give u back ur mandate...But if not, I hope dis crying over a self-inflicted defeat will be put to bed once u lose so dat we can move on...Not dat u will start singing another song...in fact, i am beginning to think dat d noise is getting too much and too prolonged sef...if indeed u have concrete proof dat d election was rigged head to d tribunal already and stop making noise...and stop giving ur supporters prolonged and false hope

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by ifymadu: 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:
Even though I'm a full blooded Igbo, biafra will never come. I don't want to apply for visa to Nigeria because i have invested alot in Alaba market. sad
Alaba aside, what is the guarantee that Igbos are united among themselves. I’m a full blooded Igbo man and I see no unity among the Igbos; see the case of South Sudan, they’ve never known peace since breaking away from Sudan.

13 Likes

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Butterflyle0: 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
This secondus is stupid. Is it the same boko haram that the late azazi said PDP is its sponsor that he is blaming Buhari for?

Even the so called herdsmen issue has PDP and her modus operandi written all over it.

Bunch of liars.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by deebsman1(m): 8:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
Which mandate is this one talking about. Both local and international observers said the election is okay, both the conduct and every other things. The only the everyone is shouting is votes buying and both parties are liable even though there's no recognized method to detect that and tender it in court. Secondus should rather come with facts rather than the usual shout shout of we will reclaim our mandate. Courts don't work on chest beating but rather facts.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by DeZoro(m): 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
This is good development! Kick out these unprofessional sycophants call APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by deebsman1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2018
ifymadu:
Worse and worst.

APC is worse
PDP is worst

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by ogunsbanjul(m): 8:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
Was Secondus blind and deaf when Fayose refused to pay salary and arrears BUT decided to give #3k alert to all civil servants a day to election and 4k during the election in order to vote for his anointed candidate and not heavenly anointed? Pride and arrogance can't win election in Ekiti because it's established on knowledge (fountain of knowledge)

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by TimeManager(m): 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Losers

Truth is mine!

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by oyeb15: 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
which mandate? The one your neck collar jester of a governor is finishing has taken our dear Ekiti ten years backward.

If u dear say this poo in Ado Ekiti, hungry and angry youths go Second beatings for your body.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by OhiOfIhima: 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
Gibberish... Advise Fayose to use d money pay Ekiti workers salary. It is done n dusted for u guys.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by rajiraymond(m): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
As it was reclaimed in 2014 by APC when Fayose was frustrated the tribunal to the extent a judge was slapped by him.
PDP should better forget Ekiti and focus on general election of which God will still put you to shame.
Looters' party!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by ifymadu: 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
deebsman1:

Worse and worst.

APC is worse
PDP is worst
cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by deomelo: 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2018

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Charly68: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
deebsman1:
Which mandate is this one talking about. Both local and international observers said the election is okay, both the conduct and every other things. The only the everyone is shouting is votes buying and both parties are liable even though there's no recognized method to detect that and tender it in court. Secondus should rather come with facts rather than the usual shout shout of we will reclaim our mandate. Courts don't work on chest beating but rather facts.
It is part of their game to sustain their supporters for other elections ,raise their hopes so that the members won't leave for greener pastures

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Ahmeduana(m): 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
Calers:
In prison not In court. Millions of pdp cant stop Buhari.
YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST TOO ARROGANT, NOT JUST THAT YOU'VE SYSTEMATICALY TURN APC TO RELIGION PARTY WHILE GENERALITY OF THE PARTY MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS DISPLAY THIS TYPE OF YOUR STUPIDITY, THINKING NIGERIA ONLY BELONGS TO NORTHERN AND SOUTHWEST MUSLIMS, YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMM ABOUT THE CONCERNS OF OTHER NIGERIA CITIZENS OF DIFFERENT FAITH, AND THIS IS GOING TO BE YOUR WATERLOO. Mark my words.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Omeokachie: 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
Sure thing

Fayemi is just a tenant na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by ipobarecriminals: 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2018
grin Awada kerikeri.Abeg,knack us beta news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by windwayltd: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
SHOT!!!SHOT!!!! SHEEEEEEEEEE SHOT UP AND SHOT DOWN Mr second position.

SECONDUS you and your PDP have no mandate any were in Nigeria including your state River state and can never have mandate in NIGERIA again. YOU WILL remain a Secondus u are a secondary person and a secondary party till your irritating faces will melt away out of Nigeria politics,

THIS-------------------IS--------------BUHARI-------------------And not YOUR Gej or,Obj. BUHARI can never be panicked with your crooked PDP dirty politics INEC is no longer the same jokers since Jega time. Osun is coming Secodus man you will again become second in Osun. Most of your deffectors will not regain there political status again after 2019 No Noise 2019 is coming you feel Buharism Once again.

SAI BABA

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti : We’ll Reclaim Our Mandate In Court – Secondus by Moneytize: 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:
Igbo Amaka. Ke bi na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Reject Illegal Impeachment - Ekiti State Ex-speaker / Kwankwaso.... I'm In PDP To Stay. Ignore The Fake News. / Buhari: In Eight Years, We Equipped Security, Subdued Terrorists, Bandits, Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.