Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode (16583 Views)

There Are Already Three Working Ports In South South - Reno Mocks Peter Obi / Tinubu Denies Demanding N50bn Monthly From Former Lagos Gov, Ambode / PHOTO: Gov. Aregbesola Visits Gov. Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Lordofthewest(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2018
Igbos and bitterness be like bread and beans it's in their DNA always looking for who to blame for their misfortunes and miserable lives but why are they even talking the entire South east is one giant landlocked shithole the Niger delta people who have access to water are the ones that should be taking.

6 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Reference(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2018
nyabingi:

Oga its not about tax collected by the federal government the sea port management is on the exclusive list of the federal government, what we are talking about is the direct and indirect development that the business activities in these sea ports will bring to host communities.

Don't mind them and the fact that intercity transportation is expensive so folks decide to locate businesses and industries close to the ports to make their products and services competitive. If what was happening in the oil industry was to be replicated in water transport, the pipeline to the Kaduna refinery will be equivalent to dredging the Niger from the coast to Kaduna to allow ships through. If successive governments all these decades had invested more in ports than in crude oil production and transportation the economy will be far bigger, diverse and resilient than it is today.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by naijacentric(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

We also love you back but the ports should stay in Lagos, you must choke on your greed grin
mumu
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by HomeOfMe(f): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2018
HigherEd:
True. Lagos having the only functional seaport isn't good for anyone...
Yes. Atleast if other ports are developed,it would reduce the number of trailers and fuel tankers travelling to other states causing heavy traffic on Benin-Ore road and other cross-country roads. FG should as a matter of urgency take Ambo's advice. All those Abacha loot would have been useful in this area,but no,election is most important to them.

5 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by aribisala0(m): 11:05am On Jul 26, 2018
Reference:

And what makes the overall economy, is it not oil. Is oil found and produced in Lagos as well. Why couldn't Lagos save Nigeria and even itself when oil prices fell. Four companies and one product accounts for 70 percent of our GDP. That is Shell, Agip, Chevron and Mobil and the product is oil. Remove that from the economic equation and you won't even have a country thoughtless of an economy. The reason why Lagos is even competing with Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta and Bayelsa is just down to politics, the kind of politics that has resisted restructuring so far.

Restructure Nigeria, devolve powers to the states, decouple the economy and watch as the GDP of Lagos will contract by 50 percent in the short term before hunger kickstarts proper diversification. There is nothing special about the economy of Lagos as long as the price of crude oil determines our reserves, our exchange rate, and our GDP.
No it is not oil .Another foolish remark.

Foolish and Ignorant Let me do a quick calculation for you.

Assume Nigeria sells 2 million barrels of oil daily at $100 a barrel

that is 200million X 365 = $73 billion

Nigeria's GDP is rated at $500 billion s

and so in a $100 per barrel regime oild would be less that 15% of the GDP . The question is when was the last time we saw $100 oil?

The truth is oil is more like 8% of our GDP and the main beneficiciary of oil is the government not the economy

You place so much emphasis on oil as the buttress of the Economy. The question is this:

Oil has been close or over $60 for well over a year? What difference has that made to our economy?

Right now the FIRS raises more money from taxes than from oil FACT

Oil gives valuable foreign exchange but do we really need it if it means our manufacturing is never allowed to take off

However remittances from the diaspora are just as important as oil

You want to believe that oil is so important and so you refuse to face the real facts.

Oil is 8 % of our GDP put that on your hard drive

Let me point out one further fact of that hypothetical $73 billion up there. That is the total revenue. ( the actuall figere is closes to $45 billion as oil is nowhere near ($100)
I am sure there are production costs( heard of cash calls?) and profitability cannot be more that 80% if at all and those big 4 as you call them take a large chunk of that back to their

Nigerians in Diaspora remitted $22 biillion in 2017.

Non-oil revenue NOW exceeds oil revenues
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/256385-firs-recorded-n4-trillion-tax-revenue-collection-2017-fowler.html

3 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by aribisala0(m): 11:09am On Jul 26, 2018
The Chairman of Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Babatunde Fowler, on Monday said that the agency achieved N4 trillion as tax revenue collection in 2017.

Mr. Fowler said this at the FIRS 2018 Management and Stakeholders in Lagos with theme, “Optimizing Tax Administration with Parliamentary Synergy”.https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/256385-firs-recorded-n4-trillion-tax-revenue-collection-2017-fowler.html

The agency recorded N3.3 trillion as revenue collection in 2016.

The chairman said he was hopeful that the country would be further moved forward through taxation.

“By putting our hands together in contribution on to our set goal, I am confident that we will surpass our past result and we will be on our way to the future we hope to achieve.

“It is clear that taxation is the most sustainable of all government revenue sources,” Mr. Fowler said.

According to him, there has been sustained decline in global price of oil in second half of 2014, making the revenue generated from it to stand at N2.45 trillion.

He also said that in 2015, 2016 and 2017, the nation’s revenue from oil stood at N1.29 trillion, N1.16 trillion and N1.52, respectively.

1.5 trillion Naira is $41 billion.

Nigeria is a $500 billion economy

The telecomm sector contributes

1,5 trillion to our GDP
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/242734-telecoms-sector-contributes-n1-5tn-nigerias-gdp-says-ncc.html

3 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by PointZerom: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:
I hope igbos are listening? We are not against ports opening in other parts of Nigeria ooo—especially the East. Yorubas are not that hateful towards igbos.

We want the best for igbos. I hope this lays the matter of Yorubas hindering against development of Eastern ports to rest. We don’t want to hear such baseless accusations from igbos again.

Lol....Governor Amoeba and his Afonja brethren are not crying out for the BETTERMENT of Ndi Igbo but their greed hv become their nightmare.

When you decide to eat bags of rice meant for 36 people you should prepare for frequent visitation to the toilet. IF you know you know.

Cc Immhotep Lzza madridguy sarrki buhariguy omenka yarimo yyeske liondeleo ngeneukwenu

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:
I hope igbos are listening? We are not against ports opening in other parts of Nigeria ooo—especially the East. Yorubas are not that hateful towards igbos.

We want the best for igbos. I hope this lays the matter of Yorubas hindering against development of Eastern ports to rest. We don’t want to hear such baseless accusations from igbos again.

Biafra does not have any seaport, only the dryport Jonathan built for them to fulfill political righteousness grin

Lagos can never be economically affected by the development of Onne & Calabar ports, it's just that the government is criminally bereft of initiative and would rather apply resources to fraudulent white-elephant projects that are of no economic benefit to ordinary Nigerians.

Example is Abacha loot that they openly decided to steal all over again. Abi how do you transfer direct cash to undocumented (obviously nonexistent) individuals? Can't such Abacha loot be utilized to revamp the ports? And 'Pastors' Osinbajo and Adesina are in support of the daylight robbery. . .
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by MarijuanaLORD: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

Shut up u slimy coneheaded afonja from the wasteland

Igbos dont give flying mess about being hated or not. more than 3million of our people(mostly innocent civillian women and children) were killed in a genocide all thanks to the combo of britain backed hausa fulani and their subordinates yorubas and middlebelt.

Yet we prevailed despite all measures to wipe us out of the face of the earth.

The rest of Nigeria has hated igbos out of envy and jealous; they know that we are a unique people with great potentials so they seek to suppress our shining light.

In almost every state in Nigeria today, after the indigences, the ethnic group with most population is usually the igbos. We travel to the west north and middle belt and build our homes despite knowing you peoples hatred for us. We dont care about your hatred. In igboland u dare not touch a stranger unnecessarily(even ur brothers are ready to fight u and defend the stranger provided he is innocent) unlike in other parts of this shithole were they collectively join hands and butcher innocent people because they are strangers. Upon

Despite the atrocities commited agaisnt ndigbo in this shithole We still remain unbowed and strong

So i understand ur peoples pain. Dont stop hating cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by mercyville: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2018
chiedozie198100:

i heard the whiskers faced women used the same poe they allow their children to shit in, to eat with.

grin

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by PointZerom: 11:32am On Jul 26, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Igbos and bitterness be like bread and beans it's in their DNA always looking for who to blame for their misfortunes and miserable lives but why are they even talking the entire South east is one giant landlocked shithole the Niger delta people who have access to water are the ones that should be taking.

See who's talking.

Without Ndi Igbo you won't have any electronic gadget in your house. Let me not talk about Auto.

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by MarijuanaLORD: 11:34am On Jul 26, 2018
chiedozie198100:

i heard the whiskers faced women used the same poe they allow their children to shit in, to eat with.
I tell u those tiger clawed conheaded skull mining demons from the wasteland are something else

I wouldnt advice my enemy to eat food prepared by their womenlipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by PointZerom: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2018
chiedozie198100:

Abeg take it easy on osuebonyi

cc Lzza Immhotep

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by PointZerom: 11:36am On Jul 26, 2018
MarijuanaLORD:

I tell u those tiger clawed conheaded skull mining demons from the wasteland are something else

I wouldnt advice my enemy to eat food prepared by their womenlipsrsealed

Chai osuebonyi can't handle this.

cc Lzza Immhotep

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by resurgent2019: 11:41am On Jul 26, 2018
MarijuanaLORD:

Shut up u slimy coneheaded afonja from the wasteland

Igbos dont give flying mess about being hated or not. more than 3million of our people(mostly innocent civillian women and children) were killed in a genocide all thanks to the combo of britain backed hausa fulani and their subordinates yorubas and middlebelt.

Yet we prevailed despite all measures to wipe us out of the face of the earth.

The rest of Nigeria has hated igbos out of envy and jealous; they know that we are a unique people with great potentials so they seek to suppress our shining light.

In almost every state in Nigeria today, after the indigences, the ethnic group with most population is usually the igbos. We travel to the west north and middle belt and build our homes despite knowing you peoples hatred for us. We dont care about your hatred. In igboland u dare not touch a stranger unnecessarily(even ur brothers are ready to fight u and defend the stranger provided he is innocent) unlike in other parts of this shithole were they collectively join hands and butcher innocent people because they are strangers. Upon

Despite the atrocities commited agaisnt ndigbo in this shithole We still remain unbowed and strong

So i understand ur peoples pain. Dont stop hating cheesy

Huge sigh. Yorubas dont have strength for hate. It is this same hatred harbored by igbos against all that is militating against igbo progress. I am christian just like you igbos but i dont like how you guys have portrayed yourself in Nigeria. Get over the civil war, other Nigerians have moved on. angry

3 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by resurgent2019: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2018
Yoshy:

But you're still an Afonja nah grin grin

If Afonja means yoruba, then yes, i am definitely Afonja. And proudly so too. cheesy wink smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by computer0810(m): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2018
Redoil:
Clowns talking.
Develop other seaports and see lagos turn to empty state.
The fear of tinubu by bubu is the fear of wisdom
I wonder d parent that gave birth to u

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by aribisala0(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Ebolas love bitter leaf soup
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by jeggienut: 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
wristbangle:

Let me add to this, some people think Lagos state benefits from tax collected by the oil marketers, exporters and importers of non oil products not knowing all levies go to FG's pocket.

Whether 120 ports are open in another state, tax generated will still head to abuja. Sometimes when I see people who claim to have high degree of intellect saying Lagos state don't want other states to experience what they are enjoying especially in this aspect, I shake my head in pity.

Apart from the politics of where ports are located, another factor that requires serious attention is the draft of the calling vessels....an average 250m ship comes with a draft of 12m. With this (draft), they can't even call Onne, unless they are calling light. Bigger vessels makes more economical sense for the shipping lines. Deep sea ports, giant STS cranes feasible solutions.
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by nnaetobi(m): 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2018
This congestions are results of the marginalization of previous administrations to the people of South South and south east.onne,epz Calabar,warri ports and even the Onitsha port are but a few of the alternative ports that would have serviced the Niger Delta and Igbo people,but tribalism,nepotism have both eaten deeply into the hearts of our political elites; Shame to all Nigerian politicians and human rights activists.
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2018
...oji onye na-ala ji onwe ya.
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by tallestman79(m): 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

Olodo..... grin shocked cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by resurgent2019: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
nnaetobi:
This congestions are results of the marginalization of previous administrations to the people of South South and south east.onne,epz Calabar,warri ports and even the Onitsha port are but a few of the alternative ports that would have serviced the Niger Delta and Igbo people,but tribalism,nepotism have both eaten deeply into the hearts of our political elites; Shame to all Nigerian politicians and human rights activists.

Whatever port that exist in the East will be opened up for business. Dont worry.
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by resurgent2019: 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2018
tallestman79:

Olodo..... grin shocked cheesy kiss

How Sir I am Olodo for telling our igbo brothers the truth
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by tiwiex(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2018
wristbangle:

Let me add to this, some people think Lagos state benefits from tax collected by the oil marketers, exporters and importers of non oil products not knowing all levies go to FG's pocket.

Whether 120 ports are open in another state, tax generated will still head to abuja. Sometimes when I see people who claim to have high degree of intellect saying Lagos state don't want other states to experience what they are enjoying especially in this aspect, I shake my head in pity.

So how does Lagos make its huge IGR? Lemme answer. The revenue from the oil proceeds might go to the FG but every related business pays company income tax and PAYE to the state. All oil companies have a strong base in Lagos. Chevrons hq is in Lagos. Same with banks and every car importer. 95% of imports come in through Lagos. Lagos bit more than it can chew. If other ports become active, so will the states economy. Then they start wooing with tax holidays.
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by EternalTruths: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
Butterflyle0:

All seaports are already being worked on.

Onitsha has been concessioned and Boro Port has been completed and would be commissioned in August

Point of correction.

Ibaka and Ibeno seaports have not been built yet
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by echodrum(m): 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

We also love you back but the ports should stay in Lagos, you must choke on your greed grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin OH MAN!!!!

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by echodrum(m): 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

grin grin grin OH MAN!!!!

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by King44(m): 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2018
PointZerom:

Lol....Governor Amoeba and his Afonja brethren are not crying out for the BETTERMENT of Ndi Igbo but their greed hv become their nightmare.

When you decide to eat bags of rice meant for 36 people you should prepare for frequent visitation to the toilet. IF you know you know.

Cc Immhotep Lzza madridguy sarrki buhariguy omenka yarimo yyeske liondeleo ngeneukwenu

people should just stop blaming Lagos for all this, I am very sure those who invested in posts incldin FD gvt were not forced by Lagos neither were they forced by d gvt
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2018
PointZerom:

Please all the seaports and airports must be relocated to LAGOS as soon as possible.
Eko oni baje rara.

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d cynthiakiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by MarijuanaLORD: 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

Huge sigh. Yorubas dont have strength for hate. It is this same hatred harbored by igbos against all that is militating against igbo progress. I am christian just like you igbos but i dont like how you guys have portrayed yourself in Nigeria. Get over the civil war, other Nigerians have moved on. angry

Ndigbo is progressing just fine, we are all over the world. I make bold to say that no tribe in Nigeria is progressing more than ndigbo today. The onky thing millitating against our progress is the rest of Nigeria. You guys are not progressives

and who gives a Bleep if u are Christian. what makes u even think every igbo man is a christian. some of us are atheist some traditional worshippers and a tiny percentage are even muslims. so dont bring Christianity or religion into this. Nobody gives a Bleep. After all middlebelt christians murdered many igbo christians while they were fleeing to the east even before the war

Lol other Nigerians have moved on cheesy. Clap for unaselfs na. I wonder if what happened to igbos happen to yorubas or hausa u will also move on considering how the rest of Nigeria wants to bury the history about the genocide. Is that how to move on

Karma is knocking at your door. Someday the debt of una forefathers will surely be paid by either u guys or ur children

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by OsuEbonyi: 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
chiedozie198100:

I heard hairy, yam legged and foul smelling women from poto poto land feed their kids ofe nsala made with cadaver. Is that true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Forgotten Children Of Benue (Photo) / Reno Omokri: Obidients Are More Suited For Terrorism Than Politics / Cost Of Living Protest: TUC Faults NLC, Says Action May Bring Anarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.