Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode (16597 Views)

There Are Already Three Working Ports In South South - Reno Mocks Peter Obi / Tinubu Denies Demanding N50bn Monthly From Former Lagos Gov, Ambode / PHOTO: Gov. Aregbesola Visits Gov. Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Butoneday2(m): 9:51am On Jul 26, 2018
God bless u Ambo" for this one i have given u credit for 2nd term. No election in lagos state till 2023.

Sign...

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by lazynairalander1: 9:53am On Jul 26, 2018
No ooo. they should leave it there.
they thought they are doing SE not knowing they are doing themselves.
This ambode is joking with his second term bid. Don't he know that tinubu is in charge and anything that stop that apapa port will spell doom for him.

check my SIGNATURE.

4 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by ikdaddy01(m): 9:54am On Jul 26, 2018
Somebody will not be happy with what he is saying oh. Don't go and loose 2nd term ticket oh.
But seriously this is what we all have been saying. We should have as much decongestion as possible in Lagos. Why will I have to move from PH to Apapa in order to clear my small Toyota Camry. Mbanu

3 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by perfectedmee: 9:54am On Jul 26, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

We also love you back but the ports should stay in Lagos, you must choke on your greed grin
Are you sane or just being intentionally stupid?

3 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Jethrolite(m): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2018
Wow!
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by DEHVEHLOP(m): 9:56am On Jul 26, 2018
grin
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Butoneday2(m): 9:56am On Jul 26, 2018
"WORD"?
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 26, 2018
its easy just re~dredge calabar sea port, divert oil tanker vessels to onne n the traffic jam in apapa will reduce by 50%

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by OBAGADAFFI: 9:57am On Jul 26, 2018
grin
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Shikena(m): 9:58am On Jul 26, 2018
At least those who have been deceived by hate-filled liars & conspiracy theorists can now see the stupidity of the wicked allegations but they prefer the narrative that suits their agenda.
You can fight for a noble cause without resorting to lies & hateful propaganda against those who have lived peacefully with you for ages.

5 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Butoneday2(m): 9:59am On Jul 26, 2018
lazynairalander1:
This ambode is joking with his second term bid. Don't he know that tinubu is in charge and anything that stop that apapa port will spell doom for him.

check my SIGNATURE.
Your signature checked. Well spoken bro.

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by aribisala0(m): 9:59am On Jul 26, 2018
The only thing you do is expose your ignorance.

Lagos is the Capital market and the capital market is Lagos. That is what determines the Nigerian economy. The concentration of money in Lagos has nothing to do with the ports

In your bitterness you think it is the ports that make Lagos.

So Nigerian economy is down to imports?
How are those imports paid for?

No one can borrow 1 billion or more from any bank without sealng the deal in Lagos.
No major insurance deal happens outside Lagos.

Billions of Naira worth of Shares change hands daily in Lagos. Over 80% of manufacturing is in Lagos and Ogun State?

What Ambode is telling them is your Apapa Port is a burden to us and you are sharing the money in ABuja

But investors do not care. Another port is loading at Lekki and maybe Apapa

6 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by izzou(m): 10:00am On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:
I hope igbos are listening? We are not against ports opening in other parts of Nigeria ooo—especially the East. Yorubas are not that hateful towards igbos.

We want the best for igbos. I hope this lays the matter of Yorubas hindering against development of Eastern ports to rest. We don’t want to hear such baseless accusations from igbos again.

Its not an issue of who is saying it. The issue is who is doing it

Any one who reasons well knows that we need another seaport.

5 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Butoneday2(m): 10:02am On Jul 26, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Let me sharpen my cutlass and wait for any sick man that will try to open another port anywhere in the south apart from Lagos.

All the ports must remain in Lagos till 2099. You think you can be wicked? Let's see who will suffer pass.

Ndi nko.
Ndi Ara na Ndi mgbugrin

6 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by T3ple: 10:03am On Jul 26, 2018
How i wish other Nigerian governors can be active like Governor Ambode, Nigeria would have been a better place for it's citizen's

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by resurgent2019: 10:04am On Jul 26, 2018
izzou:

Its not an issue of who is saying it. The issue is who is doing it

Any one who reasons well knows that we need another seaport.

Can you be explicit? Let me understand you better.
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Mosh1: 10:04am On Jul 26, 2018
lilfreezy:
Una don tire for nepotism grin

We no gree o, we must use only lagos port. Lagos must be greater than Newyork
You accuse them of greed, they issue solution still you are not satisfy.Don`t come back and be crying of marginalization tomorrow o.

5 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by UcheHermes(m): 10:06am On Jul 26, 2018
I honestly thought that with all the shouts and noise Amaechi made, that PH Port would be opened in no time post 2015. It would have been really great. I truly wonder why it's just Apapa port the fG choose to invest in. Common sense is truly not common.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by resurgent2019: 10:06am On Jul 26, 2018
This port issue has made igbos feel yorubas are a stumbling block to normal port activities in the East. Not so. In fact, yorubas want our ports and cities decongested so we can have more space for our people. Uncontrolled migration is a major issue in yoruba politics.

5 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Mosh1: 10:08am On Jul 26, 2018
chiedozie198100:

i heard the whiskers faced women used the same poe they allow their children to shit in, to eat with.
Osu, the country is already hard. Why make your life harder by not having
sense

3 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by resurgent2019: 10:08am On Jul 26, 2018
Mosh1:

You accuse them of greed, they issue solution still you are not satisfy.Don`t come back and be crying of marginalization tomorrow o.

Dont mind them. They dont know that most yorubas want them out of our cities. The congestion of the SW is a hot button issue in our local politics. I sincerely hope the central Governement can develop eastern ports to enable the easterners home without fear.

5 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by otosa(m): 10:10am On Jul 26, 2018
Redoil:
Clowns talking.
Develop other seaports and see lagos turn to empty state.
The fear of tinubu by bubu is the fear of wisdom
keep your mouth shut. Developing other port wouldn't ever makes Lagos port dry but will reform the Nigeria's Economy.

4 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by izzou(m): 10:12am On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

Can you be explicit? Let me understand you better.

The ideal solution is to build another port that can decongest Tincan. It's not about a Yoruba man saying it. That's the normal thing to do

But the problem is why hasn't it been done. Onne is not open for all importations. And we still have other regions in the south where we can build ports

So, you typing that the Yorubas love the Igbos because they spoke about this is unnecessary. It made it look like Ambode is trying to plead for them and is doing them a favor. The correct thing to do is to build another one

4 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by potent5(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2018
wristbangle:

Let me add to this, some people think Lagos state benefits from tax collected by the oil marketers, exporters and importers of non oil products not knowing all levies go to FG's pocket.

Whether 120 ports are open in another state, tax generated will still head to abuja. Sometimes when I see people who claim to have high degree of intellect saying Lagos state don't want other states to experience what they are enjoying especially in this aspect, I shake my head in pity.

Keep on shaking your head with your shallow argument.

7 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by vRendoh(m): 10:23am On Jul 26, 2018
Only Lagos port all the way! Let's all just agree that Nigeria has no other ports. Let things remain the way they are now
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Chinny024(f): 10:23am On Jul 26, 2018
Which port?
Thank you don't mention.....
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Reference(m): 10:26am On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:
I hope igbos are listening? We are not against ports opening in other parts of Nigeria ooo—especially the East. Yorubas are not that hateful towards igbos.

We want the best for igbos. I hope this lays the matter of Yorubas hindering against development of Eastern ports to rest. We don’t want to hear such baseless accusations from igbos again.

Indeed now that Lagos in drowning in a sea of cargo and the liability has exceeded the opportunities. Sounds more like a cry for help than a statement of reason and liberalism. When the child hands you back the hot cup of cocoa it is so that you can share in the misery and perhaps find a solution and not to fill your belly . That he will continue to struggle for. What is happening in Apapa is typical of shortsightedness and greed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Tundeobama(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2018
lazynairalander1:

check my SIGNATURE.
south east get sea that big ship Can float?south east have river.south south are the one with see and four existing port but they are not patronising it,port revenue is for fg so we can't stop any region from having it.
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by nyabingi(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2018
wristbangle:

Let me add to this, some people think Lagos state benefits from tax collected by the oil marketers, exporters and importers of non oil products not knowing all levies go to FG's pocket.

Whether 120 ports are open in another state, tax generated will still head to abuja. Sometimes when I see people who claim to have high degree of intellect saying Lagos state don't want other states to experience what they are enjoying especially in this aspect, I shake my head in pity.

Oga its not about tax collected by the federal government the sea port management is on the exclusive list of the federal government, what we are talking about is the direct and indirect development that the business activities in these sea ports will bring to host communities.

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2018
No way!!!

All seaports must be in Lagos!!!!

We don't want again....haha

4 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Reference(m): 10:38am On Jul 26, 2018
aribisala0:
The only thing you do is expose your ignorance.

Lagos is the Capital market and the capital market is Lagos. That is what determines the Nigerian economy. The concentration of money in Lagos has nothing to do with the ports

In your bitterness you think it is the ports that make Lagos.

So Nigerian economy is down to imports?
How are those imports paid for?

No one can borrow 1 billion or more from any bank without sealng the deal in Lagos.
No major insurance deal happens outside Lagos.

Billions of Naira worth of Shares change hands daily in Lagos. Over 80% of manufacturing is in Lagos and Ogun State?

What Ambode is telling them is your Apapa Port is a burden to us and you are sharing the money in ABuja

But investors do not care. Another port is loading at Lekki and maybe Apapa

And what makes the overall economy, is it not oil. Is oil found and produced in Lagos as well. Why couldn't Lagos save Nigeria and even itself when oil prices fell. Four companies and one product accounts for 70 percent of our GDP. That is Shell, Agip, Chevron and Mobil and the product is oil. Remove that from the economic equation and you won't even have a country thoughtless of an economy. The reason why Lagos is even competing with Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta and Bayelsa is just down to politics, the kind of politics that has resisted restructuring so far.

Restructure Nigeria, devolve powers to the states, decouple the economy and watch as the GDP of Lagos will contract by 50 percent in the short term before hunger kickstarts proper diversification. There is nothing special about the economy of Lagos as long as the price of crude oil determines our reserves, our exchange rate, and our GDP.

8 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode by Yoshy: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

But you're still an Afonja nah grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What We’re Doing About Abacha’s $300m, By FG / Atedo Peterside Joins Social Democratic Party / Reno Omokri: Obidients Are More Suited For Terrorism Than Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.