Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying (13622 Views)

"Elderly Man With Poor Memory": Biden Escapes Trial for keeping Classified Docs / Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean / Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by stiles009(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2018
hi
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by blazer2018: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2018
Hmm...British Press and their racism..She's now a British-Nigerian lawmaker abi? Awon oloshi
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by HomeOfMe(f): 10:22am On Jul 26, 2018
goldcoinhub:
A British-Nigerian lawmaker Fiona Onasanya is to stand trial with her singer brother for allegedly lying about speeding points just a month after she was elected.

The Peterborough MP, aged 34, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court charged with perverting the course of justice on July 12.

The MP, who won the key marginal seat in 2017, appeared at Westminster Magistra

The 34-year-old was charged over allegedly lying about who was behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle in two separate incidents in Cambridgeshire last year.

Prosecutors say Ms Onasanya conspired with her younger brother Festus to avoid penalty points, once when she was driving and once when he was behind the wheel, and passed them to a third party.

She is alleged to have been behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle on July 24 last year but together with her brother Festus Onasanya told the authorities someone else was driving.

The second similar count relates to an incident on August 23 when her brother was alleged to have been driving but she told authorities that a third party had been driving.

Festus, 33, a singer from Cambridge, also faces a third charge of perverting the course of justice.

The third charge faced by Festus alone relates to a similar offence, where he allegedly blamed a third party for a speeding offence on June 17 last year, according to the Guardian.

Court records show the CPS say that ‘together with Festus Onasanya’ she ‘falsely informed the investigating authorities that Aleks Antipow had been the driver of the said vehicle…to avoid such prosecution and punishment.’

Ms Onasanya, an ally of Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, is due to appear at the Old Bailey on August 13 for a plea hearing.

The offence of perverting the course of justice carries a maximum penalty of life in jail.

The case echoes that of ex-Liberal Democrat Cabinet Minister Chris Huhne.

https://lailasnews.com/british-nigerian-lawmaker-fiona-onasanya-to-stand-trial-for-lying/

Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by massalati(m): 10:23am On Jul 26, 2018
dalaman:
If lying is a crime here in Nigeria among political office holders, then people like Lie Mohammed would be sentence to life in prison.
if no death
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by blazer2018: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2018
My sister, butu why?
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by aribisala0(m): 10:29am On Jul 26, 2018
blazer2018:
Hmm...British Press and their bias
British

You are the biassed one here
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by Jbleenk: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2018
Jesus Christi!! So offense like this that I fool around with back then carries life imprisonment? Chisos so that's how I for dey chill for cell if they decided to investigate properly?

Well all the bad bad things I use to do thank God I do them no more. Men this U.K. Sef person cannot joke with anything it's prison straight. I will narrate an evasive encounter I pulled but got busted in a bit.
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by aribisala0(m): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2018
Chris Huhne another MP was forced to resign and got 8 months

I believe he got 8 months because he confessed. If she fights this one to the end and loses............ Hmm
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2018
grin

Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by alcmene: 10:44am On Jul 26, 2018
They have started exporting their OLUWOLE handwork to the British Parliament
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by lexy2014: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2018
goodconscience:
The offence of perverting the course of justice carries a maximum penalty of life in jail.

Just for overspeeding and lying about it?
that's a society where if u do anyhow u will c anyhow. Just imagine if kemi was in d UK with her "exemption" cerfiticate and her nysc pishure
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by lexy2014: 10:49am On Jul 26, 2018
blazer2018:
Hmm...British Press and their racism..She's now a British-Nigerian lawmaker abi? Awon oloshi
no b lie. Anthony Joshua na British boxer until further notice
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by lexy2014: 10:50am On Jul 26, 2018
massalati:
if no death
that means he will have to die over and over again
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by blazer2018: 10:53am On Jul 26, 2018
lexy2014:
no b lie. Anthony Joshua na British boxer until further notice

I am telling u...just wait until he loses a bout.
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2018
crooked nigerians!
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by 9inches(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2018
I think she should go to jail for being Labor. Wrong party.
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by PurestBoy(m): 11:05am On Jul 26, 2018
dalaman:
If lying is a crime here in Nigeria among political office holders, then people like Lie Mohammed would be sentence to life in prison.

Even death by electrocution
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by hammer6F: 11:09am On Jul 26, 2018
IGBO HAVE BEEN THERE SINCE, YORUBA EnTER JUST 2MIN NOW STANDING TRIA FOR LYING?
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by DisGuy: 11:14am On Jul 26, 2018
Skepticus:
cool

They remembered her Nigerian background because of her offence!

Racist Bastards!

blazer2018:

Nigerian bloggers are labelling her Nigerian british- not the british press!
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by blazer2018: 11:20am On Jul 26, 2018
DisGuy:

Nigerian bloggers are labeling her Nigerian British- not the British press!

Oh I see...thanks 4 d correction...but na their way...good pikin na British but bad ones are given dual imagine.
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by EvilMetahuman: 11:28am On Jul 26, 2018
So he is British nigherian

But if she won medal, she will be British.

Nonsense media.
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by lexy2014: 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
blazer2018:

I am telling u...just wait until he loses a bout.
just like what happened to ozil

1 Like

Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by wink2015(m): 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2018
WHICH ONE BE "BRITISH NIGERIA"

IT IS EITHER SHE IS A NIGERIAN OR SHE IS A BRITISH.

Why link the two nationalities together?

British media and their deceiving grammar!
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by Awoleesu(m): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hmmm...
Madam K [i][/i]the horrorible minister comes to mind....
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by degamemaster(m): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2018
Ordinary lies and she's going to jail if care is not taken, but somewhere in Africa where they parade themselves as giant of Africa with a 95years old ancestor who claims to be an anti corruption crusader but lied about his sch certificate and also hired 13 SANs to defend him.

Liar Mohammed is the father of all liars. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by Nelson247: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
goldcoinhub:
A British-Nigerian lawmaker Fiona Onasanya is to stand trial with her singer brother for allegedly lying about speeding points just a month after she was elected.

The Peterborough MP, aged 34, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court charged with perverting the course of justice on July 12.

The MP, who won the key marginal seat in 2017, appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court on July 12.

The 34-year-old was charged over allegedly lying about who was behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle in two separate incidents in Cambridgeshire last year.

Prosecutors say Ms Onasanya conspired with her younger brother Festus to avoid penalty points, once when she was driving and once when he was behind the wheel, and passed them to a third party.

She is alleged to have been behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle on July 24 last year but together with her brother Festus Onasanya told the authorities someone else was driving.

The second similar count relates to an incident on August 23 when her brother was alleged to have been driving but she told authorities that a third party had been driving.

Festus, 33, a singer from Cambridge, also faces a third charge of perverting the course of justice.

The third charge faced by Festus alone relates to a similar offence, where he allegedly blamed a third party for a speeding offence on June 17 last year, according to the Guardian.

Court records show the CPS say that ‘together with Festus Onasanya’ she ‘falsely informed the investigating authorities that Aleks Antipow had been the driver of the said vehicle…to avoid such prosecution and punishment.’

Ms Onasanya, an ally of Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, is due to appear at the Old Bailey on August 13 for a plea hearing.

The case echoes that of ex-Liberal Democrat Cabinet Minister Chris Huhne.

https://lailasnews.com/british-nigerian-lawmaker-fiona-onasanya-to-stand-trial-for-lying/

This one na case? Make dem come nigeria and see where people de take lie lie drink garri.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti / Donald Trump Junior And Andrew Giuliani Test Positive For Coronavirus / Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.