Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It (32178 Views)

Mummy G.O Of Kpatakpata Fame And Other Nigerian Preachers Who Trended In 2021 / Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now / Pastor Funke Adejumo: A Man Can Get Sex From Any Idiot (videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Liftedhands(f): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2018
AZeD1:

You definitely aren't a sharp tool.
Likewise .
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2018
Pastorprenurscheesy. Where is daddy freeze when we need himcheesy.

1 Like

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Talkwell: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:
All Christians should please endeavor to sign the counter petition banning our christian sister from the U.K and US. our enemies must not prevail over us.

https://chn.ge/2JUr66P.

Please do you have the other petition link against her?

1 Like

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Liftedhands(f): 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2018
skarlett:

She didn't ask for it simple. What business does your wog do that she's asking for money like a beggar?
Her business is preaching like she claims. Its her business to either beg like a begger or stick solely to preaching! Whichever it's her business and not mine nor yours.

My wog indeed smh.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by swiperthefox: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

All these people who have spoken in support of her have shown they don't even know the word of God. Firstly, what she said is no different from scam of the highest order.

Secondly, she is not authorized to preach in the house of God because she is a woman. The Bible states that woman are to learn in silence while in the congregation and never to teach. So, for all these preachers to be showing her support when they ought to be shunning her, is enough to show they know nothing about the Bible and what it teaches. No wonder many of them have questionable character.

My sermon this Sunday will show you how wrong it is for a woman to teach in Church. Jesus even called such women JEZEBEL.

STAY TUNED.
The first part of your statement I agree with. The latter part are lies. In the New Testament, several people, apart from the Twelve, are mentioned as being apostles.[3] One of these is a woman—Junia.

Junia and Andronicus (who may have been husband and wife) were members of the church in Rome; they may even have been the founders of the church there. Paul sends greetings to them in Romans 16:7. In Act 21:10; Philip’s four daughters are barely mentioned in the New Testament, but they are mentioned several times in other early church writings. The fourth century church historian Eusebius described these women as “mighty luminaries” and ranked them “among the first stage in the apostolic succession.”[7] Moreover, he regarded the ministry of Philip’s daughters as the benchmark for prophetic ministry in the early church. the prophetess Ammia of the church in Philadelphia, and Quadratus of Athens.[8] By all accounts, Philip’s daughters were highly respected female prophets and leaders in the early church, as was Ammia. Evangelists were men and women who preached the gospel of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.[9] Euodia and Syntyche of Philippi were coworkers of Paul.
Another female minister esteemed by Paul was Phoebe.
The list goes on and on.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Mosh1: 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2018
obowunmi:

You are Muslim.

He may be a Muslim but remember, truth knows no religion.

1 Like

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by KazeemIbrahim1: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

See ehn, what i am saying is that the woman is not holding a gun to their heads. It is not by force. If they dont have money, they cannot give no matter the preaching and brain washing. Let God be the judge of every fake prophet. But i will not be among christians who castigate the faith before our enemies. How many times have you seen muslims castigate islam despite rampant terrorism and killings synonymous with their faith??

I cannot allow muslims laugh at my faith ooo never. Pastor adejumo will give account before God. Cest fini!
Bruh hold it. I'm a Christian!!
Jesus criticised the scribes and religious leaders in front of whom ever he preached to!!
Paul advised and corrected the apostles in the presence of the gentiles. Negligence has been the problem from day one. People's eyes are opening undecided
I'm not against giving to Pastors but what have they given back to the sheep. They are the shepherds, right? They are supposed to tend to the flock.

Christianity is love. Jesus preached love and giving. Giving to the poor and needy not to him. Paul preached purity and love too. He was the model for early Christianity, right? He and the apostles collected from the early Christians and gave all back to church...
He was even a fisherman. He fed the church from his fish business..

I'll never stop exposing wicked men of God!

4 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by KazeemIbrahim1: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
swiperthefox:
The first part of your statement I agree with. The latter part are lies. In the New Testament, several people, apart from the Twelve, are mentioned as being apostles.[3] One of these is a woman—Junia.

Junia and Andronicus (who may have been husband and wife) were members of the church in Rome; they may even have been the founders of the church there. Paul sends greetings to them in Romans 16:7. In Act 21:10; Philip’s four daughters are barely mentioned in the New Testament, but they are mentioned several times in other early church writings. The fourth century church historian Eusebius described these women as “mighty luminaries” and ranked them “among the first stage in the apostolic succession.”[7] Moreover, he regarded the ministry of Philip’s daughters as the benchmark for prophetic ministry in the early church. the prophetess Ammia of the church in Philadelphia, and Quadratus of Athens.[8] By all accounts, Philip’s daughters were highly respected female prophets and leaders in the early church, as was Ammia. Evangelists were men and women who preached the gospel of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.[9] Euodia and Syntyche of Philippi were coworkers of Paul.
The list goes on and on.
Seen a passage that prohibits women from speaking in the church tho.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by AZeD1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

Anybody can do what they like in expression of their beliefs—as long as they dont kill or terrorize others. That is the crux of my message.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/3407882/Child-witches-of-Nigeria-seek-refuge.html

Children are branded witches in Akwa Ibom and tortured to death but its ok Christians do no such. I'm guessing Akwa Ibom is an Islamic state.

Oh remember Jesus saying remove the speak in your eyes before removing the log in another person's eye? Apply it here.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by resurgent2019: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2018
AZeD1:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/3407882/Child-witches-of-Nigeria-seek-refuge.html

Children are branded witches in Akwa Ibom and tortured to death but its ok Christians do no such. I'm guessing Akwa Ibom is an Islamic state.

Oh remember Jesus saying remove the speak in your eyes before removing the log in another person's eye? Apply it here.

You do not pick a one off incidence and use it as a blanket condemnation or representation of the whole.

I reiterate, Christianity and other religions in the world abhor and preach against terrorism and killings. Can the same be said of Islam?

I leave you to your conscience.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by soliddust2020: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2018
This woman is a thief and should be prosecuted for fraud. For all those saying she didn't force any one or dip hands into anybodys pocket, we can as well say 419 and gboys should not be persecuted because they didnt do the same. Leke Adeboye has a very questionable character and infact he is a big slowpoke, while diffending her she ask for seeds in dollars because it is the international currency and things like crude oil are bought in dollars. Christains should not see this as an attack on them but rather an attack on false prophets.

4 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by resurgent2019: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2018
soliddust2020:
This woman is a thief and should be prosecuted for fraud. For all those saying she didn't force any one or dip hands into anybodys pocket, we can as well say 419 and gboys should not be persecuted because they didnt do the same. Leke Adeboye has a very questionable character and infact he is a big slowpoke, while diffending her she ask for seeds in dollars because it is the international currency and things like crude oil are bought in dollars. Christains should not see this as an attack on them but rather an attack on false prophets.

We would settle this In–House. But as for Pastor Funke Adejumo, she will not be crucified and unjustifiably banned from the UK and the US on the watch of Christians. Kindly sign this counter petition, please. https://chn.ge/2JUr66P.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by itu404(m): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
IT is clear that those against her are not Christians. her ministry is registered and she can ask for freewill Donation or charity. why is it that this anti church thing is very rampant in Nigeria? it is promoted by Daddy freeze who happens to be internet savvy and he is using it against the church, clergymen and all they stand for. A man like Daddy freeze can not say he has not seen the contribution of the church in Nigeria society. coupled with moslem and atheist it is just become a frenzy for them with the church busying doing their own thing. if the church do not come together and slam these ones it will just continue until it comes an inferno. If you follow him and he notice you challenge his wicked views he just blocks you. he can not take criticism yet, he revels in it. how many celebrities have clashed with him?
why must it pain you when i support any cause i believe with my money?
do i cry fowl when you buy outrageously expensive wrist watches and call it your hobby? do i say why not fix your road with that money?
christian youth must rise up to counter these social media devils. the pastors may not have the time to do this, but let there be a rise in countering these ones who seems to challenge an individual's religion. thos who claim to know the bible do not the bible says vengeance is mine, too? bad belle people hiding under the guise of speaking truth. Nigeria sad is a known internet fraudsters hives why not speak against it?
I am very anger, if i happen to be in Nigeria i will physically beat up Daddy freeze so that it will attract attention and the government will have to do something about these unwarranted attacks against my religion and my right to support what i any registered organisation with my money.

1 Like

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by itu404(m): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
in case you do not know history thoe van gogh of Netherlands was killed by a youth because he just will not stop abusing the moslem in Netherlands in his column. At time you remove the wood and the fire will go out
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by shadeze: 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
Thunder fire Satan and all his useless children in Nigeria and abroad. Rev. Adejumo no shake, God dey ur side
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by shadeze: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
Thunder fire Satan and all his useless children in Nigeria and abroad. Rev. Adejumo no shake, God dey ur side
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by alBHAGDADI: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
swiperthefox:

The list goes on and on.

Yes, women also have the right to prophesy because God said He will pour out His Spirit on all Flesh, both male and female.

Acts 2:17

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

You also need to understand that having the gift of prophesy as a female doesn't mean it is a permission to speak in Church.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Now, for Adronicus and Junia, they were males, not females. Take note of the word KINSMEN which means a blood relative, especially a male.

Romans 16:7

7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Yes, Philip's daughters prophesied, but the Bible never stated that they did such in the Church. They prophesied because of God's promise in Acts 2:17 which I quoted above.

Pls, note the difference between having the ability to prophesy and teaching in Church.

1 Like

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by bimbim75: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2018
iamjavadem:
and swindling. Money for miracle is a scam. Mumu.
It is not a scam in as much it is a seed and not for miracle.get your fact?Where you there?Ignorant is a disease.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by 12345DKO(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:
All Christians should please endeavor to sign the counter petition banning our christian sister from the U.K and US. our enemies must not prevail over us.

https://chn.ge/2JUr66P.

I just signed the counter petition.
The gate of hell can't prevail against the church of God.
Thanks for sharing the link.

1 Like

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by AZeD1(m): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

You do not pick a one off incidence and use it as a blanket condemnation or representation of the whole.

I reiterate, Christianity and other religions in the world abhor and preach against terrorism and killings. Can the same be said of Islam?

I leave you to your conscience.

But its ok to brandish Muslims because of a few?

There have been terrorist attacks by Christians in India, Central African Republic, China, Myanmar, Uganda, Lebanon and so many other places.

Every religion abhors killing.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by kelvee(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Don't you get it?

Women are not allowed to teach in the Church. Doing such makes you as wicked as Jezebel because you are usurping the authority of man.

1 Timothy 2:12

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Revelations 2:20

Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.
Galatians 3:28 ESV / 73 .
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2018
newsynews:
Nigerian preachers are coming out to show support for Reverend Funke Adejumo who has recently come under attack after a video surfaced showing her telling her Church members to sow a seed of N1 million for stupendous wealth. The video which some quarters found offensive, has led to the signing of a petition to stop the female preacher from stepping into the UK. The petition has gathered about four thousand signatures.

However, some clergy men have called the petition an attack on Christianity. One of those who have spoken against the petition is Leke Adeboye, son of the general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A Adeboye. In a social media post, he wondered why support for Funke Adejumo is not as loud as the one against her.

Joining the support for the female preacher is the General Overseer of the Omega Fire Ministries, Apostle Johnson Suleiman. In a Youtube video, he says, 

Rev. Mrs.Laurie Idahosa, the wife of Bishop F.E. Benson Idahosa, also lent support as she shared a picture with Funke which she captioned:

A new petition in support of Funke Adejumo has been launched on change.org, started by Temi Chris-Kuye, to counter the call to ban the reverend from stepping into the UK. The petition has gathered about ten thousand signatures.

Temi Chris-Kuye who wrote, 

https://www.kemifilani.com/2018/07/preachers-petition-funke-adejumo.html

All those supporting her belong to the same gang of thieves and crooks..!!
Dem think say UK nah Nigerian church people wey dem don cover their brain for pot finish....nonsense..!!
Peace..!!

2 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by 12345DKO(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Yes, women also have the right to prophesy because God said He will pour out His Spirit on all Flesh, both male and female.

Acts 2:17

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

You also need to understand that having the gift of prophesy as a female doesn't mean it is a permission to speak in Church.

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Now, for Adronicus and Junia, they were males, not females. Take note of the word KINSMEN which means a blood relative, especially a male.

Romans 16:7

7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Yes, Philip's daughters prophesied, but the Bible never stated that they did such in the Church. They prophesied because of God's promise in Acts 2:17 which I quoted above.

Pls, note the difference between having the ability to prophesy and teaching in Church.

So explain why God used the likes of Kathrine Kulman [forgive my spelling] to do great and mighty works?
Thank you.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by soliddust2020: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2018
resurgent2019:

We would settle this In–House. But as for Pastor Funke Adejumo, she will not be crucified and unjustifiably banned from the UK and the US on the watch of Christians. Kindly sign this counter petition, please. https://chn.ge/2JUr66P.

I signed the petition banning her from entering UK before it got to 100. There is no need shielding a fraud because she calls herself a pastor, i always speak the truth and i don't care who is involved just like the bible has thought us. Its time we aa christains learn to call out this wolves in sheep clothings. We need an end to this properity doctrine where they preach miracles over hardwork, materialism over spiritualism. This pastors have destroyed so many families and ruined so many lives with fake prophecy instead of preaching the greatest commandment which is love.

5 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2018
2 Samuel 1:17 And David lamented with this lamentation over Saul and over Jonathan his son: 1:19 The beauty of Israel is slain upon thy high places: how are the mighty fallen!
1:20 Tell it not in Gath, publish it not in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice, lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.1:20 Tell it not in Gath, publish it not in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice, lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.

To all the Christians
David knew better....
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by AZeD1(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2018
itu404:

I am very anger, if i happen to be in Nigeria i will physically beat up Daddy freeze .

Jesus is really proud of you. Thanks for letting the world know Christianity in Nigeria is sham and has nothing to do with being christ like.

1 Like

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by kennykane1(m): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2018
obowunmi:

You are Muslim.

No he/she is not. He just lectured you on what your bible says. Its time you'll start reading and relearn the fraud you have been indoctrinated with. Now see this....

1 Timothy 2:12 - I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

1 Corinthians 14:34 - The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.

Read NIGERIANS Read!!! This Woman called Funke is a Leacher/Fraud!!

2 Likes

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by Adakintroy: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
See how they are rally behind her to protect their ways.

Even idahosa wife who inherited his husband fortune in God's name is still talking.

They should not worry about people. The truth is getting out. Shea if na Nigeria them for insult freeze.

Let's christians rise up and stone this money loving crooks. They are not of God. Paul said concerning them, that the hidden now make mockery of our God because if them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by alBHAGDADI: 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2018
12345DKO:

So explain why God used the likes of Kathrine Kulman [forgive my spelling] to do great and mighty works?
Thank you.

I don't know who Kathrine Kulman is, neither do I know what mighty works she did.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by kennykane1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2018
12345DKO:

Thank you.

You should ask God and not him or better still argue with your God cool
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by alBHAGDADI: 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2018
kelvee:

Galatians 3:28 ESV / 73 .
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

You are very correct. All are free in Christ. But when it comes to TEACHING in the Church, women are prohibited.

1 Timothy 2:12

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.
35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
Re: The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It by yakbauer: 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2018
There's everything wrong with this woman's video, not that asking and preaching to worshippers to sew seed is wrong, charity is good, but the video depicts her doing it like some sort of auction, specifying what ppl should give is wrong and it doesn't mean those that don't heed her call won't be blessed. She's not d one sharing d blessings.
Funny enough the petition can not come from Muslims because she wasn't asking Muslims to sew seed, but from fellow Christians themselves who feel the manner in which she made the request was off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Omega Power Ministries (OPM) Builds Free Hospital For All In Rivers State / Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors / Pastor Adeboye: "Abiola, Tofa, Aminu Kano, June 12 Election; What God Told Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.