|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,756,971 members, 6,551,708 topics. Date: Friday, 22 October 2021 at 08:44 PM
|Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Enasdan(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2018|
Hello everyone, I was invited for a 4 weeks training program by an ICT firm located in Ghana, I have not been to Ghana before, don't have sufficient knowledge of Ghana by road, those that know much and have good knowledge of Ghana as well those that travelled of recent to Ghana, l kindly need your help on the following information, is very urgent
1. the current transportation cost to Accra-Ghana and the best transportation company from Lagos.
2. do they stamp your passport and how much do they charge to stamp your international passport in Togolese, Benin Repub, and Ghana border point of entering.
Thanks in advance for sincere responses and contributions, I do really appreciate.
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Triniti(m): 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2018|
Just board Abc,Chisco,Guo or Young shall grow bus from mile 2, they will handle all that immigration stuff for you, I think the fares will not exceed 20k, the last time I traveled was 15k with passport and 17k for voters/national id. Go with any of these companies for maximum comfort on the road. I use ysg mostly because of their mini luxury bus, I can’t do long journey on a hummer bus.
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Enasdan(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2018|
Triniti:thanks a lot very grateful for this huge info, but was your Int'L passport stamped at the Togo, Benin and Ghana point of entering do you need to pay extra fee for it at the boarder and secondly what that the issue of yellow fever vaccination card.
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Triniti(m): 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2018|
Enasdan:Yes your passport will be stamped in Togo and Ghana, all the stamping will be handled by the driver and you won’t pay a dime. As for the yellow card, if you don’t have it, you will pay 5 hundred naira.
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by gentlebullet(m): 3:52pm On Jul 26, 2018|
Good day OP, let me also make this little contribution........
1. There is no "Best" transport coy on the Lagos - Accra route. ABC, Chisco, Cross Country. Efex, Young Shall Grow, GUO, King Solomon's Chariots, Tudu Bmw, Circle sienna, etc Just pray that anyone you decide to board will be "best" for you that day because situations on the road changes everyday. if u board any of the registered coy, they will take care of passport stamping at the borders( mind u,there is an extra charge if your Passport is virgin). if you have time, you can still get vaccination card at Port health, MMIA the building before the toll gate, its #1000 or you pay the transport coy #500 and Ghc5 when returning.
2. Since you mentioned you will be attending an ICT training, you will probably be traveling with your laptop. pls make sure your system is clean of any fraudulent material, cos Ghana security operatives have started searching devices of young Nigerians right from Aflao, Dabala and Sogakope barriers since naija yahoo boys dey enter anyhow and refuse to use their senses.... many of them dey Nsawam right now.
3. You can search for hotels close to the venue of the said training and make reservations online( if the invitation excludes accommodation).
4. As at this morning the exchange rate in Hilla-codji (benin/togo border) is #1000 = Ghc12.40. its advisable to change money at Hilla-codji cos they often give better price if you know how to negotiate. the more you get closer to Accra, the less you get on your exchange. hold correct cash oooo Ghana is expensive!
Finally, make sure you make Nigeria proud in Accra both in the training and in extra-curriculum activities...Lol there are lots of fun to catch in Accra and pls if you like babes wella, not all the girls on the street of Accra are Ghanaians o naija gals don take over claiming land owners. so look out for the backside and the accent before you fall mugu
7 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Enasdan(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2018|
gentlebullet:thanks thanks so much for your time
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Enasdan(m): 8:04am On Jul 27, 2018|
Thanks so much, I appreciate you Triniti and gentlebullet, for your swift responses, pieces of advice, useful information, I'm grateful, I now have sufficient knowledge to take through my trip, thanks a lot
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Triniti(m): 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2018|
Enasdan:You welcome mate! And about money part, please carry enough money with you, Accra is damn expensive.
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by gentlebullet(m): 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2018|
Enasdan:You are most welcome Bro..
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Ugosample(m): 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2018|
This is good advise
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Danielomisco(m): 11:42pm On Jul 27, 2018|
Very informative thread,so people in short what do I meed to go to Gh and how much for a first timer?I'm in Jos
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by gentlebullet(m): 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2018|
The answers to your questions are embedded in the the infos you already read. Decode them you will have answers. By the way, how is Jos? Am billed to be in J town next month. will stay at Three Angels city Apartment and Suite.
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Danielomisco(m): 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2018|
gentlebullet:wow r u serious?whats bringing u??thats my area Rayfield.
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by Enasdan(m): 6:11am On Jul 31, 2018|
gentlebullet:can you use Nigeria GSM lines like MTN, Glo, etisalat, or airtel for calls and data roaming in Ghana ?
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by smilinguy: 9:09am On Aug 17, 2018|
I intend on going to Accra soon with Cross Country. However, I have been hearing a lot of compliants about Cross Country Transport lately. Is there a better transport company going to Accra from that Jibowu axis?
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by smilinguy: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2018|
Finally went with GUO Transport. Very fast, comfortable and the driver was very professional. If you are going to Accra, they come highly recommended.
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by kunlexbaba45(m): 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2018|
smilinguy:How much is d fare from Lagos to Ghana. Planning to go next weekend
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by smilinguy: 7:39am On Aug 30, 2018|
A client paid for the trip, so I am not sure. But you can check for the phone number of any of their locations through their website and place a call across.
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by lonlytroy(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2018|
Ghanians despite Nigerians
they no longer rent apartment to Nigerians
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by gentlebullet(m): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2018|
Our Yahoo Yahoo and Fraudsters brothers caused it bro. You need to see the way they behave here and the funniest thing is that majority of them are undocumented immigrants. Honestly, Ghanaians are naturally welcoming people but our folks "over sabi and laulau" brought about the recent cold altitudes from them citizens.
|Re: Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip by analystk: 11:26am On Dec 03, 2018|
I am planning road trip with my car to Accra this Christmas. I'll be going with family. I please need information and advice on the following:
1. Documents required for the car
2. Bother crossing issues as per the car - payments at the various borders, etc
3. Payments at the borders for the individuals on the trip.
I know about the travel documents - passport and yellow card. I did the road trip twice by bus about 10 years ago. What has changed? What would be different this time as I'm going with my car?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132