Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down (25971 Views)

Outcry As Saraki, Dogara Sit On Late Legislators Seats / What Saraki, Dogara, Other Npdp Members Actually Want – Oyegun / EXCLUSIVE: DSS Withdraws Operatives From Saraki, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by kikake: 9:15am On Jul 27, 2018
seanfer:
These APC Members dhould know that the 2 Men will not step down, they should remember Tambuwals case.. PDP didn’t force him to resign when he decamped to APC...

Speaker Tambuwal of PDP worked for APC till the last day. PDP did not insist for his resignation as Speaker.
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by soso101: 9:16am On Jul 27, 2018
[quote author=seanfer post=69739603]These APC Members dhould know that the 2 Men will not step down, they should remember Tambuwals case.. PDP didn’t force him to resign when he decamped to APC...[/quote

Tambuwal even made the announcement of his decamping to APC in the floor of the house. APC are just been undemocratic.
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by dondo83(m): 9:31am On Jul 27, 2018
[quote author=soso101 post=69744198][/quote]
The difference is that tambuwal defected when apc had the majority.. so pdp couldn’t as him to step down... This time around some senators betrayed saraki at the last minute by staying back so the numbers don’t add up.. assuming like 20 senators were ready to defect then saraki will be in pdp as we are talking

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by DeOTR: 9:50am On Jul 27, 2018
Iamgrey5:
53 including Saraki

53(that visited Buhari) + 51 PDP senators(including Saraki)+ 1 (in prison ) +2( ADC & AFGA) + 2 died in APC stronghold =109 senators of the federal republic of Nigeria

APC should simply use their majority to impeach them if they think they can. No one will step the fvck down.
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by orisa37: 9:51am On Jul 27, 2018
No way for The Governors to corrupt a system organised well from The Grassroots. Unless The Traditional Rullers and The Governors are just demons.
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by Bitchiamjay(m): 9:57am On Jul 27, 2018
Apc got 53 senators PDP got 52 ..
Remaining 2 senators .. Which are .. Victor umeh ( Anambra south senatorial zone) _ APGA Princess stella oduah ( Anambra North senatorial zone)_ APGA.
let me remind them Heyfeeseeees..
Stella oduah is still a strong member of PDP.. and might defect also. Victor on the hand .. works for PDP and detest heyfeeeseees for fvck sake.
buhari should start packing his luggages .. Daura awaits him.

#YOLO

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by orisa37: 10:02am On Jul 27, 2018
bigpicture001:
..i dont support ur idea,the governor's are more corupt than the presidency nd federal government

You have never govern a Farm that is about to be vandalised by Fulani Herdsmen, so please shut up. A Fulani President has 36 x 36 more chances of Corruption than a Governor.
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by nokia1000(m): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2018
NO ONE CAN DEFEAT BUHARI IN 2019. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, CONTEST.
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by maestroferddi: 10:08am On Jul 27, 2018
Ingocof:
Saraki and Dogara know the game and that was why they couldn't announce their defection yet, the last has not been heard
Stop talking trash.

They want things to quieten down before defecting. No point overheating the polity when with strategic planning you can get your plan to work seamlessly.

Did you watch the last plenary when the ex majority leader Lawal was being caricatured by his colleagues as he argued in vain to stop the defection?

The senators are deceiving Buhari who appears not quite quick on the uptake...

Kwakwanso rubbished him by defecting the following day after having a supposed reconciliation meeting with Buhari...

Buhari can't learn...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by koribobo: 10:21am On Jul 27, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Understand what exactly? Whether they defect or not they will remain SP and speaker respectively. There is no law that says the SP or speaker must be elected from the majority party
you are stupid because you are ignorant of on the laws of the land.
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by Ihateyoumod: 10:24am On Jul 27, 2018
For those who cannot reason well. Now read this and understand what is going on. APC still has the upper hand. All they need to do is consolidate their majority and make sure no one decamps anymore. That would leave saraki and dogara in political purgatory.

Why did I say tht. It is fact tht the speaker must emerge from the majority same as d leader of the house, how some pple argue tht is quite surprising. If saraki and dogara defect then they will automatically lose their seats as d Natl assembly leaders. This is not a good one for them because if they do not get the numbers in their favour on time den they have both committed political suicide. They know this.

Why did I say so?..now lets reason this. If because of holding their present positions they decide not to decamp, they will not get the tickets to recontest in the APC. Whatthis means is tht they will have to go to d PDP. Now this is where it gets interesting. Read this part very well:

There is a time frame for which u have to belong to a political party prior to d parties primary for a person to be eligible to contest in tht parties primary. If tht times elapses, you cannot contest n the primary of tht party. Having tht in mind, if saraki and dogara do not have d numbers on their side, it all boils down to them choosing be losing the leadership of both houses and coming back to the senate.......

In all of this, I want to state that u should just watch, do not kill urself for these guys, all this is about is just self interest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by bluecircle470: 10:27am On Jul 27, 2018
History is about to repeat itself..... Saraki won't survive Christmas as SP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by buhariguy(m): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2018
magoo10:
Ass licking zombified sinators who are being ordered around by the midget oshiomole.
Una no dey shame ,for three years now a PDP minority senator ekweremadu has been the deputy senate president and you couldn't do jack only to be ranting now wey day don break . rubbish
they have not done any Jack, but the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra have be shouting tyrant, lawlessness and evil,
What if they start,?
Because I expected them to arrest all the opposition members that have case at the entrance, then remove saraki and ekwerumadu with only the APC members present.
That was the same way thief saraki and thief ekwerumadu emerged as presiding officers with only PDP members present.

This method can still be use by October,
Tell them not to step down,
It will be by force.
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by lecowas: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...why it's so...

grin grin grin
I got my eyes on you. Guess U'll never make a complete sentence so we won't point out ur grammatical blunders. cheesy
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by olusola200: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2018
Good morning ,now
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by magoo10(m): 11:04am On Jul 27, 2018
buhariguy:
[s]they have not done any Jack, but the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra have be shouting tyrant, lawlessness and evil,
What if they start,?
Because I expected them to arrest all the opposition members that have case at the entrance, then remove saraki and ekwerumadu with only the APC members present.
That was the same way thief saraki and thief ekwerumadu emerged as presiding officers with only PDP members present.

It will be by force.[/s]
you are ranting and making noise ,this is not military. Be guided always

Saraki has been outsmarting the tyrant because the tyrant focuses more on using force than using his brain ,saraki and others have been using their brain while buhari has been using strength and force . in the world of today intelligence conquers over military might and that is the beauty of democracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by seanfer(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2018
IsioStar1:

Out of Ignorance. It has been said that ignorance is no excuse in the court of law.

Can you tell me the Ignorance in what i said?.. Don't let your Emotions get over your reasoning
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by mexxmoney: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2018
Do they have the required two-third of the members to impeach them?
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by bigpicture001: 11:37am On Jul 27, 2018
orisa37:

You have never govern a Farm that is about to be vandalised by Fulani Herdsmen, so please shut up. A Fulani President has 36 x 36 more chances of Corruption than a Governor.
.....u ooze of hate and tribalism, u must be a yoruba..!
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by infohenry(m): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2018
ReubenE:

My brother, there's no such thing as 'Must' in electing officers in the National Assembly.
There is no established law that says the SP or Speaker must come from Majority Party in Parliament, the practice is just a Convention.
Then let Saraki join pdp then we will know, I don't do blind argument.
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by cktheluckyman: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
buhariguy:
they have not done any Jack, but the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra have be shouting tyrant, lawlessness and evil,
What if they start,?

It will be by force.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.Smebody hold this one before he comits suicide grin grin grin grin Step down ko step up ni

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by cktheluckyman: 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
Ihateyoumod:
For those who cannot reason well. Now read this and understand what is going on. APC still has the upper hand. All they need to do is consolidate their majority and make sure no one decamps anymore. That would leave saraki and dogara in political purgatory.

Why did I say tht. It is fact tht the speaker must emerge from the majority [/b]same as d leader of the house, how some pple argue tht is quite surprising. [b]If saraki and dogara defect then they will automatically lose their seats as d Natl assembly leaders. This is not a good one for them because if they do not get the numbers in their favour on time den they have both committed political suicide. They know this.

Why did I say so?..now lets reason this. If because of holding their present positions they decide not to decamp, they will not get the tickets to recontest in the APC. Whatthis means is tht they will have to go to d PDP. Now this is where it gets interesting. Read this part very well:

There is a time frame for which u have to belong to a political party prior to d parties primary for a person to be eligible to contest in tht parties primary. If tht times elapses, you cannot contest n the primary of tht party. Having tht in mind, if saraki and dogara do not have d numbers on their side, it all boils down to them choosing be losing the leadership of both houses and coming back to the senate.......

In all of this, I want to state that u should just watch, do not kill urself for these guys, all this is about is just self interest.

This is all fallacies and a figmnet of your imagination
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by cktheluckyman: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
what teh constitution says

1999 constitution as amended
chapter 5

47. There shall be a National Assembly for the Federation which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives.

48. The Senate shall consist of three Senators from each State and one from the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

49. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the House of Representatives shall consist of three hundred and sixty members representing constituencies of nearly equal population as far as possible, provided that no constituency shall fall within more than one State.

(1) There shall be:-
(a) a President and a Deputy President of the Senate, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves; and
(b) a Speaker and a Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves.

(2) The President or Deputy President of the Senate or the Speaker or Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives shall vacate his office -

(a) if he ceases to be a member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, otherwise than by reason of a dissolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives; or
(b) when the House of which he was a member first sits after any dissolution of that House; or

(c) if he is removed from office by a resolution of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House.

There is no where in teh constitution where it is said that the senate president or teh speaker of the HOR must be elected from the party with the majority

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by buhariguy(m): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

Why did I say tht. It is fact tht the speaker must emerge from the majority same as d leader of the house, how some pple argue tht is quite surprising. If saraki and dogara defect then they will automatically lose their seats as d Natl assembly leaders. This is not a good one for them because if they do not get the numbers in their favour on time den they have both committed political suicide. They know this.

magoo10:
you are ranting and making noise ,this is not military. Be guided always

Saraki has been outsmarting the tyrant because the tyrant focuses more on using force than using his brain ,saraki and others have been using their brain while buhari has been using strength and force . in the world of today intelligence conquers over military might and that is the beauty of democracy.
as you can see from the above scenario,
Saraki and dogara are a goner.

That is why they can't defect in their life.
They are already a losers,
They did not play their card well.
They will lose on both side.
Just be watching.
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by magoo10(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
buhariguy post=69749129[s:
]as you can see from the above scenario,

That is why they can't defect[/s].
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by magoo10(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
buhariguy:
[s]as you can see from the above scenario,

That is why they can't defect.[/s]
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by cktheluckyman: 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
buhariguy:
as you can see from the above scenario,

That is why they can't defect.

what above? Someone just wrote a whole pile of rubbish with absolutely nothing to substantiate his points and you are here salivating.Sorry bro.We are operating with the Nigerian constitution and not teh APC or zombie constitution
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by cktheluckyman: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
APC zombies should come back and argue when they get 2/3 majority
Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by K2asure: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
Chuksonyeike:
grin grin I don't know who is more stupid between this senators and the Nations newspaper. Whether APC has simple majority or major majority. Saraki and Dogara cannot be removed unless there are impeached. Currently non-APC members are Even majority with 54 against the APC's 53 with one APC senator in jail
Your calculation is not correct APC 54 ADC 3 APGA 2 Open Seat 2 and PDP 48

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by orisa37: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
bigpicture001:
.....u ooze of hate and tribalism, u must be a yoruba..!

Yes I am, with Afonja tribal marks all over me. I know also that I am a detribalised Nigerian 'cos I am very well educated and God is my INSTRUCTOR.
I am not a Bokoharam 'cos only Bokoharam and Miyetti Allah Fulani Herdsman will see something wrong with granting Full Autonomy to our 36 Constitutional States and not see the tremenduos advantages of Division of Labour and separation of Powers therein.

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down by buhariguy(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2018
cktheluckyman:
APC zombies should come back and argue when they get 2/3 majority
did saraki win with 2/3.

By October, if saraki did not step down,
He will be impeach by 54 APC senators without allowing any opposition entry into the chamber,
That is what I expected them to do that on Tuesday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Safety Steps For Public Office Holders When Invited Abroad - Shehu Sani / Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? / Saraki And Other Senators At Kebbi Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.