Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,764 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud (7107 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
Possible and that totals $6,000 a year but pray an emergency don't comes and take all of it, and most people who save that much are sharing an apartment with a roommate. It will be difficult to save even $200 if you pay your rent in full since i believe the median salary of an immigrant is less than $40,000 annually before tax
TheVerdict:
My question to the OP, is it possible to save $500 a month?

2 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
Tax refund is less than $4,000, in short the average tax refund is just a little above $3,000 or less.
Hycon:
What about tax refund money kiss

If you are wise with money you can always receive a fat refund yearly

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Agbaletu: 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
useni1:
Tax refund is less than $4,000, in short the average tax refund is just a little above $3,000 or less.
Nawa o!
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by TheVerdict: 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
True! Have u considered investing in Nigeria? Perhaps get a trusted hand n invest while you hustle there...
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Emycord: 8:12am On Jul 29, 2018
Partnerbiz:
Let me park here first...

Grabs popcorn

Gonna be interesting.
abeg clear for people don park since we wan commot for here enjoy your stay
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
Ask any single person you know living in America. That's the best they can get as tax refund, some people even get less than that
Agbaletu:

Nawa o!
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by timesup234: 12:38am On Jul 30, 2018
This is old news. I already enlightened hundred of thousands of Nigerians living in Nigeria about the lies portray by some of our brothers in America. Closing my thread was the thanks the mod gave me for spreading the truth. I hope one day they realize that the truth can't be hidden forever. Respect to all my friends and haters alike

5 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by lasthero: 8:55am On Jul 30, 2018
useni1:
Does it matter? The whole is global now and the reality can be felt all over. Explain to us how is it possible to save over $100,000 in 15 years..Mister statistics shocked

oga Ade, i know someone who earns $45k/annum after obtaining his MBA in the USA, he also does freelancing jobs that earn him average of $30k yearly. he saves average of $20k to 25k yearly, so thats like $100k in 5years as against your 15years in arguement. its not an hearsay, i can show you his account statement which i used for my admission application if you need proof.

stop the hating bro, not every nigerian in usa wash dishes and sweep streets. lots of nigerians are working legitimately and saving big.

3 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Shinner2010(m): 8:56am On Jul 30, 2018
useni1:
The truth must be told so young people won't be deceived. Any Nigerian who have stayed 15 years in America and built a standard duplex is involved in fraudulent activities. It is impossible to work legitimately in the US. for 15 years and save money to build a duplex in Nigeria. Many middle class Americans can't save $100,000 within a 15 years period, these are people with professional college degrees,. so when next you see a Nigerian back from the US. erecting a mansion and driving expensive cars just know he is into wire wire, credit card scam, checks, western union money pick up and other shady deals. I expect a lot of bashing from Nigerians in America but I know deep inside they know it is the truth, 15 years is even being fair.
I'm happy I see the thrend. a friend says he earn $12 per hours, and he work 8 hours a day.
8 * $12 = 96 a day
$96 * 6 = $576 a week
$576 * 4 = $2,304 a month.
is that not how the earn is been calculate in America?
please enlight me
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 10:40am On Jul 30, 2018
Young man get yourself an accurate info. Even people who earn $100,000 can't save $20,000 annually. You will be left with just $70,000 to spend after tax while someone earning the $75,000 you quoted will be left with just $54,000 to spend after tax. Just because someone show you an account statement doesn't mean the money was gotten from the work he is doing because a typical American saves money in their 401k. You need more info on how the US. system works.
lasthero:

oga Ade, i know someone who earns $45k/annum after obtaining his MBA in the USA, he also does freelancing jobs that earn him average of $30k yearly. he saves average of $20k to 25k yearly, so thats like $100k in 5years as against your 15years in arguement. its not an hearsay, i can show you his account statement which i used for my admission application if you need proof.

stop the hating bro, not every nigerian in usa wash dishes and sweep streets. lots of nigerians are working legitimately and saving big.

3 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 10:49am On Jul 30, 2018
That's who the net total is calcuated. After that comes the tax. Some earning $2,304 in Chicago is left with$1,790 after tax. Ask anyone you know in America, the $1,790 you are left with is the cost of renting a single one bedroom apartment in Chicago. So you are left with nothing if you choose to rent a one room apartment, that's why most Nigerians share a room with someone to split the rent. Nigerians are not living the American dream in America. Living in a one room apartment of $1,700 is even a million miles far away from the American dream. That's what the average Joe can afford. It is nothing
Shinner2010:

I'm happy I see the thrend. a friend says he earn $12 per hours, and he work 8 hours a day.
8 * $12 = 96 a day
$96 * 6 = $576 a week
$576 * 4 = $2,304 a month.
is that not how the earn is been calculate in America?
please enlight me

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by ahiboilandgas: 10:57am On Jul 30, 2018
lasthero:

what the cost of mba in America? ,How much student loan is he having hanging on him then do plus and minus ....mba cost around 50 k dollar

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by lasthero: 11:11am On Jul 30, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
what the cost of mba in America? ,How much student loan is he having hanging on him then do plus and minus ....mba cost around 50 k dollar

he got full funding scholarship sir. no loans
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by ahiboilandgas: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2018
lasthero:

he got full funding scholarship sir. no loans
lucky him

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by aariwa(m): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2018
Op its obvious things are not going well for you in your life and you decided to vent your frustrations on people who are obviously living better than you by calling .."almost all of them doing well fraudsters..".You challenged them to an online duel waiting to beef them but but they are busy with their lives.There are many opportunities in this country which you fail to see because you are fixated on US visa.If your intention is not US visa why can't you go to threads of Nigerians in china,Singapore, Thailand etc and discuss tourism,importation of spare parts etc .Sometimes I wonder whether our youths in this country are cursed or lazy like what buhari called them.Go get your PVC to vote

3 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by edoman2016: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
aariwa:
Op its obvious things are not going well for you in your life and you decided to vent your frustrations on people who are obviously living better than you by calling .."almost all of them doing well fraudsters..".You challenged them to an online duel waiting to beef them but but they are busy with their lives.There are many opportunities in this country which you fail to see because you are fixated on US visa.If your intention is not US visa why can't you go to threads of Nigerians in china,Singapore, Thailand etc and discuss tourism,importation of spare parts etc .Sometimes I wonder whether our youths in this country are cursed or lazy like what buhari called them.Go get your PVC to vote
Hey man, what the OP is doing is right. It's high time we illuminate Nigerians who always think the grass is greener in America. We have heard stories of well paid business executives resigning from their jobs and sell their properties in Nigeria to relocate to America. When they to get America, some of them begin to bite their hands.

If you have any facts to counter the OP, you are welcome. You just don't assume people making comments on this thread are jobless. What is even your networth? Nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by peacengine(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
useni1:
The truth must be told so young people won't be deceived. Any Nigerian who have stayed 15 years in America and built a standard duplex is involved in fraudulent activities. It is impossible to work legitimately in the US. for 15 years and save money to build a duplex in Nigeria. Many middle class Americans can't save $100,000 within a 15 years period, these are people with professional college degrees,. so when next you see a Nigerian back from the US. erecting a mansion and driving expensive cars just know he is into wire wire, credit card scam, checks, western union money pick up and other shady deals. I expect a lot of bashing from Nigerians in America but I know deep inside they know it is the truth, 15 years is even being fair.

Bro i disagree. Are you saying there's no legit rich black nigga of Nigerian origin in US? U are exaggerating

3 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by aariwa(m): 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
edoman2016:

Hey man, what the OP is doing is right. It's high time we illuminate Nigerians who always think the grass is greener in America. We have heard stories of well paid business executives resigning from their jobs and sell their properties in Nigeria to relocate to America. When they to get America, some of them begin to bite their hands.

If you have any facts to counter the OP, you are welcome. You just don't assume people making comments on this thread are jobless. What is even your networth? Nonsense.
You don't. live in America and you don't have hope of visiting and you came online on a faceless forum to "enlighten" people about America and it sounds right to you..smh for you.When you end up a poor man tomorrow you start looking for innocent people in your village to blame. Instead of making good use of your youthful years, you are opening multiple counts on Nairaland to beef people living in US which ofcourse would not give you the US visa you are seeking

3 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by eldee365: 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
@op

Dude just take a look at the headline of this thread you created, coupled with your false assertions.
A simple Google search will take someone here, you are a Disgrace to Your country.

cc justwise

2 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by timesup234: 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
eldee365:
@op

Dude just take a look at the headline of this thread you created, coupled with your false assertions.
A simple Google search will take someone here, you are a Disgrace to Your country.

cc justwise
why are you now calling on the mod to close the thread? No doubt the truth is very bitter and people tend to take it personal. If you know hardworking Nigerians in America why dont you use this opportunity to tell us their stories to counter what the op said? Come with facts instead of feeling irritated with what you cant bear

2 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by aariwa(m): 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
eldee365:
@op

cc justwise
Exactly, you are smart person.most times when foreigners who don't know about this country google it directs them to Nairaland. These young boys lazy about the internet doing nothing meaningful for themselves. When they want to run away to US the embassy will deny them visa because they don't have financial ties here.They will then start venting their frustrations online on Nigerians living in US thereby unwittingly smearing the country's image with their baseless assertions .I believe justwise have not seen this nonsense thread.He will just close it in a blink of an eye

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 12:56am On Aug 02, 2018
This is cheap and outdated. What is visa in this age and time. Stop acting like a kid unless of course you are still in your 20's. An average American can't come up with $500, even bricklayers in Nigeria can boast of more than that in their savings
aariwa:
Exactly, you are smart person.most times when foreigners who don't know about this country google it directs them to Nairaland. These young boys lazy about the internet doing nothing meaningful for themselves. When they want to run away to US the embassy will deny them visa because they don't have financial ties here.They will then start venting their frustrations online on Nigerians living in US thereby unwittingly smearing the country's image with their baseless assertions .I believe justwise have not seen this nonsense thread.He will just close it in a blink of an eye
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 02, 2018
OP, It would be best to say SOME not ALL or MOST.
Or say ALL the Nigerians I KNOW.

One day someone would do well to do a educational thread about the effects of generalizing. It is needed so much on this forum.

Yes, Eldee365 you are right about the Google search, that is how I ended up here.
Shinner2010, you are right and $12 an hour is not good money in the US. It is above minimum wage but that person is most likely struggling if that is the only source of income.
I will admit that in the American economy it is very hard to save that amount of cash but not impossible. It could be done through 401 K, investing in stocks and bonds, and savings. The key to all of this is living below your means.

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 02, 2018
useni1:
This is cheap and outdated. What is visa in this age and time. Stop acting like a kid unless of course you are still in your 20's. An average American can't come up with $500, even bricklayers in Nigeria can boast of more than that in their savings

Show me a person that cannot come up with $500 in savings, I will show you where it was in their overspending or lack of a budget at all.
Those who are living below the federal poverty line are excempt from this exercise.

3 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by aariwa(m): 2:31am On Aug 02, 2018
Backfornow:

Show me a person that cannot come up with $500 in savings, I will show you where it was in their overspending or lack of a budget at all.
Those who are living below the federal poverty line are excempt from this exercise.
Please ignore that guy he has opened a similar thread under a different moniker before,which the mods closed and then he opened this new account last week to start pouring his US embassy visa denial frustrations on Nigerians living in America. If he is not a lazy youth he should pm me for a side job in anambra that should be giving him at least 1k a day instead of a young man wasting his time on an online nonsense like this.Ignore that guy like others did,please

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 02, 2018
aariwa:
Please ignore that guy he has opened a similar thread under a different moniker before,which the mods closed and then he opened this new account last week to start pouring his US embassy visa denial frustrations on Nigerians living in America. If he is not a lazy youth he should pm me for a side job in anambra that should be giving him at least 1k a day instead of a young man wasting his time on an online nonsense like this.Ignore that guy like others did,please

K

2 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by queengift(f): 4:04am On Aug 02, 2018
The fact you don't know how to save does not mean others can't save, so many medical personnels in the US are living fine with much valuable assets here Nigeria, don't generalize it, say some.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Getting A Temporary Nigerian Resident Permit / UK VISAS APPEAL ALERT: £80(paper) £140 (oral hearing) / NEMA Receives 150 Nigerians From Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.