Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud (7105 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by justwise(m): 5:41am On Aug 02, 2018
timesup234:
This is old news. I already enlightened hundred of thousands of Nigerians living in Nigeria about the lies portray by some of our brothers in America. Closing my thread was the thanks the mod gave me for spreading the truth. I hope one day they realize that the truth can't be hidden forever. Respect to all my friends and haters alike

useni1:
The truth must be told so young people won't be deceived. Any Nigerian who have stayed 15 years in America and built a standard duplex is involved in fraudulent activities. It is impossible to work legitimately in the US. for 15 years and save money to build a duplex in Nigeria. Many middle class Americans can't save $100,000 within a 15 years period, these are people with professional college degrees,. so when next you see a Nigerian back from the US. erecting a mansion and driving expensive cars just know he is into wire wire, credit card scam, checks, western union money pick up and other shady deals. I expect a lot of bashing from Nigerians in America but I know deep inside they know it is the truth, 15 years is even being fair.

Why are you creating multiple IDs to start similar thread with each ID?

In each thread you make the same claim of an average American not able to boast of $500 savings.

I don't mind people starting a thought provoking thread just to start a healthy debate but doing so amateurishly is embarrassing.

You talk about Nigerians living in America as if you are talking about a small street in Nigeria where you know everyone and what do they for a living.

4 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Timi1990(m): 6:36am On Aug 02, 2018
useni1:
The truth must be told so young people won't be deceived. Any Nigerian who have stayed 15 years in America and built a standard duplex is involved in fraudulent activities. It is impossible to work legitimately in the US. for 15 years and save money to build a duplex in Nigeria. Many middle class Americans can't save $100,000 within a 15 years period, these are people with professional college degrees,. so when next you see a Nigerian back from the US. erecting a mansion and driving expensive cars just know he is into wire wire, credit card scam, checks, western union money pick up and other shady deals. I expect a lot of bashing from Nigerians in America but I know deep inside they know it is the truth, 15 years is even being fair.

@ op your opinion on this issue is subjective from my own point of view . In as much as lot of Nigerians & other foreign nationals engage in illegal activity doesn’t mean some don’t go through the legal means to make their money . The American economy & society is not designed for people to save plenty money in their bank account ; rather, govt want the cash to flow and keep circulating. That’s why the govt created a credit system that makes people acquire what they can ordinarily not afford . You’ll see lot of people driving a 2018 Ford Edge or Mustang while they work at Walmart or Burger King .
For Nigerians, we understand the situation of things in our country and most Nigerians take two or three jobs inthe US . Hence, all the Tokunbo cars in Nigeria are all Auctioned car that are bought between $1000-$2000 and sold for good price in Nigeria. Some even load them with lots of abandoned and fairly used good from donation centres and ship them to Lagos for sale . E.g electronics, clothes, shoes etc . Also, there lots of People in Diaspora who invest in T-bills, FG Bonds and Eurobonds which is less or No Tax ; when oil prices was down and the FG was struggling so hard with forex , they decided to open the Eurobond market again and sold over $500million bonds to mostly Nigerians in diaspora.
Even though we all know it’s not easy to save money , yet its possible to save up and buy a house worth 30m-40m naira after 15 years of labour in diaspora.

For Nigerian in Diaspora you can check this link for DMO updated on Bonds and T-bills
https://www.dmo.gov.ng

2 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
Great to know you know everything. It is indeed amazing that man is not limited afterall. There are thousands of Nigerians who hate America and from what you are saying they can all be the same person. Great!
justwise:

Why are you creating multiple IDs to start similar thread with each ID?

In each thread you make the same claim of an average American not able to boast of $500 savings.

I don't mind people starting a thought provoking thread just to start a healthy debate but doing so amateurishly is embarrassing.

You talk about Nigerians living in America as if you are talking about a small street in Nigeria where you know everyone and what do they for a living.

1 Like

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by tripoli007(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2018
If they scam or do fraud ,how is it your business biko ?
Mind your business ,Whatever your hands findeth to do .. Do it well and stop finding the source of another mans wealth ..
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by hernandson(m): 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
lasthero:

oga Ade, i know someone who earns $45k/annum after obtaining his MBA in the USA, he also does freelancing jobs that earn him average of $30k yearly. he saves average of $20k to 25k yearly, so thats like $100k in 5years as against your 15years in arguement. its not an hearsay, i can show you his account statement which i used for my admission application if you need proof.

stop the hating bro, not every nigerian in usa wash dishes and sweep streets. lots of nigerians are working legitimately and saving big.
and that's like 1 in a 100 person, bcoz you've seen an exemption doesn't mean his not right. I feel the point the op is trying to make us know is letting us know travelling out is not really the booming into wealth we imagine and desire, it was obvious from his topic, remember if you want to save well you won't live a flashy life. you've got to cut living large.
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by sunkieisland(m): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
I'm surprised to see some assertions that someone can only save 6k a year in the US.

On Nairaland here, BlowJobs talked about him making 9k as a student working two jobs.

So a family can easily save more than 6k if they put their minds to it and plan. its totally doable.

The issue with most Naija people is that they immediately want the whole world to know that "we don show"

hence they begin spending the money they don't have to impress people that don't give a hoot about their well being.

Back to the Topic:

More than 6k is doable and I'm going to prove it when I land with my family next summer.

3 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by useni1: 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2018
sunkieisland:
I'm surprised to see some assertions that someone can only save 6k a year in the US.

On Nairaland here, BlowJobs talked about him making 9k as a student working two jobs.

So a family can easily save more than 6k if they put their minds to it and plan. its totally doable.

The issue with most Naija people is that they immediately want the whole world to know that "we don show"

hence they begin spending the money they don't have to impress people that don't give a hoot about their well being.

Back to the Topic:

More than 6k is doable and I'm going to prove it when I land with my family next summer.
I am talking about a single person and not a family. 70% of Americans don't have $1,000
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Timi1990(m): 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
useni1:
I am talking about a single person and not a family. 70% of Americans don't have $1,000

Like it’s said earlier, the society isn’t build on cash trap or savings rather the society orientation is all about circulation of money . The government wants every citizen to be able to afford the basic things which are food, clothing and shelter (home) . That’s why some people don’t care to take some jobs; as long as their current jobs can provide the 3 basic things they need , the rest na Government get the wahala .

FYI, only immigrants and foreigners take two or more jobs ; you hardly find African-Americans (Akata) or white Caucasian Americans taking two or more jobs .
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by showbiz4all27(m): 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2018
peacengine:

Bro i disagree. Are you saying there's no legit rich black nigga of Nigerian origin in US? U are exaggerating

Re-read the OP topic.

Almost!
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Goldenboy007(m): 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
I usually ignore posts like this but some simpletons would believe you. It's either you have a parochial mindset or you are just being mischevious. I work in the US Telecom industry and while I was in Verizon - there are lots of young Nigerians in there and most of them are managers and directors Verizon HQ - Basking Ridge - NJ. earning 6 figures - and they are not even as paid as those in I.T and core medical professional. Not everyone is interested in coming to build house in Nigeria. The fraudsters are the people that have no business being in US and they don't form the majority as you claimed.

3 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 11:05am On Sep 05, 2018
Goldenboy007:
I usually ignore posts like this but some simpletons would believe you. It's either you have a parochial mindset or you are just being mischevious. I work in the US Telecom industry and while I was in Verizon - there are lots of young Nigerians in there and most of them are managers and directors Verizon HQ - Basking Ridge - NJ. earning 6 figures - and they are not even as paid as those in I.T and core medical professional. Not everyone is interested in coming to build house in Nigeria. The fraudsters are the people that have no business being in US and they don't form the majority as you claimed.

i need people like you around me, not like the op, that has fixed mindset . The first thing You need too get, in any place you find yourself is ORIENTATION
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by Ayodele92: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2018
@Useni1 u seem right. My uncle has been living in the US since 1981, although he comes home yearly and he is also married to a Nigerian. The only property he has here in Nigeria is a bungalow plus a small car. He even attested to this assertion of urz. About 5 of them left for America in the early 80s, and when they come home for Christmas we see others spending like Obi Cubana while my uncle will just Give u a token and tell u that's what he could afford. He was called names by family members but he never cared. Later on, it was discovered that those spending yafuyafu one of which was a nurse was selling the hospital equipment where he was working while others were into drugs expect my uncle.

However, your assertion might not be totally correct. There are exceptions e.g, we have the likes of Biodun jeyifo, Ogunlesi, Dr Akintoye, and so on whose assist are worth hundreds of millions here in Nigeria.
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by timesup234: 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2018
Do people even still argue this kind of stuff in 2018? Unless maybe you are under 20 years old then you can be forgiven. Even a fool at 25 knows the United States of America is the hardest place to make it in terms of financial breakthrough.
Ayodele92:
@Useni1 u seem right. My uncle has been living in the US since 1981, although he comes home yearly and he is also married to a Nigerian. The only property he has here in Nigeria is a bungalow plus a small car. He even attested to this assertion of urz. About 5 of them left for America in the early 80s, and when they come home for Christmas we see others spending like Obi Cubana while my uncle will just Give u a token and tell u that's what he could afford. He was called names by family members but he never cared. Later on, it was discovered that those spending yafuyafu one of which was a nurse was selling the hospital equipment where he was working while others were into drugs expect my uncle.

However, your assertion might not be totally correct. There are exceptions e.g, we have the likes of Biodun jeyifo, Ogunlesi, Dr Akintoye, and so on whose assist are worth hundreds of millions here in Nigeria.
Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by tolani4real: 3:14am On Sep 06, 2018
useni1:
Earning $1,306 weekly is just a bit over $62,000 annually, when taxed you are left with less than $45,000 to spend for the whole year. That is not money, Nigerian living in America knows it is the truth. At most you should be able to save just $6,000 in a year from that.
Most people don't even make $60000 you are talking about even with degree unless your field is in engineering or health care industry. Only few jobs are actually paying $60000 or above. Most entry level jobs salary range is between $30k - $40 for graduates. The money is big to us in naija but we never factor in taxes and other expenses. One bedroom in good area is about $1000. This country is built for people to be able to live comfortable and enjoy basic needs not for wealth accumulations

5 Likes

Re: Almost All Successful Young Nigerians In America Are Into Fraud by edoman2016: 8:05am On Sep 06, 2018
tolani4real:

Most people don't even make $60000 you are talking about even with degree unless your field is in engineering or health care industry. Only few jobs are actually paying $60000 or above. Most entry level jobs salary range is between $30k - $40 for graduates. The money is big to us in naija but we never factor in taxes and other expenses. One bedroom in good area is about $1000. This country is built for people to be able to live comfortable and enjoy basic needs not for wealth accumulations
You are very right ohh. I just confirmed from my Caucasian American. Men, America is casted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uguta Wonderlake Imo State A Growing Tourist Destination / How To Write Visa Appeal That Will Yield Positive Results / NEMA Receives 150 Nigerians From Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.