Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Hey, Stop Making Testimonies From Other's Misfortunes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hey, Stop Making Testimonies From Other's Misfortunes (321 Views)

Don't Blame Satan, Demons For Your Misfortunes, Hardship - Cleric To Nigerians / The misfortunes of an errand boy / How To Stop Making Excuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hey, Stop Making Testimonies From Other's Misfortunes by epelumi42(m): 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
Late last month, tragedy struck in Lagos. It was a massive fire and many lives and properties were destroyed. The following days, or weeks would see many testimonies -- many people thanking God, or whatever god they serve for saving their lives. For two Sundays now, Daystar, a church I seldom worship with has published at least a video of a church member giving testimonies regarding the fire, and how they and their family members were saved.

While I do not have a problem with people giving testimonies, I have a big issue with you making an example out of others that were not so fortunate. Here's it. The woman who gave the testimony last Sunday mentioned how she, her kids and her nephew were saved. But she didn't stop there. She went on to mention how she was a devoted area leader and how she and her husband are committed to serving God. I wanted to say, 'Get out of here Ma'am", but she couldn't hear me anyway. There's a long list of faithful christians who have died in mishaps. Myles Munroe died in an air crash, in God's service, amidst countless others. Was he not faithful?

I believe in God's favor and grace, but we don't get it because we merit it. No. God may have favored you. I'm not disputing that, but presenting such testimonies put God in a bad light as a bias God. Be grateful and move on. It wasn't because you were better. There were Christians who died in the fire and it wasn't because their sins were greater. No. Life just happened.

1 Like

Re: Hey, Stop Making Testimonies From Other's Misfortunes by tstx(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2018
You deserve a bottle of chilled beer
Re: Hey, Stop Making Testimonies From Other's Misfortunes by busky101(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
epelumi42:
Late last month, tragedy struck in Lagos. It was a massive fire and many lives and properties were destroyed. The following days, or weeks would see many testimonies -- many people thanking God, or whatever god they serve for saving their lives. For two Sundays now, Daystar, a church I seldom worship with has published at least a video of a church member giving testimonies regarding the fire, and how they and their family members were saved.

While I do not have a problem with people giving testimonies, I have a big issue with you making an example out of others that were not so fortunate. Here's it. The woman who gave the testimony last Sunday mentioned how she, her kids and her nephew were saved. But she didn't stop there. She went on to mention how she was a devoted area leader and how she and her husband are committed to serving God. I wanted to say, 'Get out of here Ma'am", but she couldn't hear me anyway. There's a long list of faithful christians who have died in mishaps. Myles Munroe died in an air crash, in God's service, amidst countless others. Was he not faithful?

I believe in God's favor and grace, but we don't get it because we merit it. No. God may have favored you. I'm not disputing that, but presenting such testimonies put God in a bad light as a bias God. Be grateful and move on. It wasn't because you were better. There were Christians who died in the fire and it wasn't because their sins were greater. No. Life just happened.

you nailed it bro.... God is never partial

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Actress Regina Daniels Buys Cherry Fruit From A Little Boy (see What Happen) / BBNAIJA - Nina Finally Graduates From IMSU Releases Hot Photos / What Is The Best Way To Spend $1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.