Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Why Defections Won’t Hurt Buhari’s Chances~festus Keyamo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Defections Won’t Hurt Buhari’s Chances~festus Keyamo (13768 Views)

Festus Keyamo Welcomes Atiku With This Message / 2019: Why I’m Not Bothered About Defections – Buhari / Defections: The Drama, The Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Defections Won’t Hurt Buhari’s Chances~festus Keyamo by amanze2020(m): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
Please take note: Ex. President Jonathan, and not PDP was voted out. Your analysis hold no water.
The entire Northern politicians and their electorates unanimously voted GEJ out.
Inspire of that, GEJ got. 12 million votes, while incumbent president got 15 million votes.
Now, see why your analysis is not realistic.
Since this government came onboard, more than 15 million Nigerians have lost the jobs, many companies closed. Fulani Herdsmen killing many Nigerians in the North Central part of Nigeria. Unhealthy relationship with another arm of government.
Benue state is off APC, Kwara state is about to leave APC, Sokoto state is about to leave APC, a reliable information says Plateau is planning to leave APC, etc
In 2019-----APC will get less than 11,000,000 votes
Merger opposition party will get more than 15,000,000 votes.
Re: Why Defections Won’t Hurt Buhari’s Chances~festus Keyamo by Nelson247: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
madridguy:
Good analysis.

[b]*Re: Defection from APC to PDP and others – Another apt reaction from Barrister Raji Stephen T. Adekunle*

Obj once said of FFK that if you give him food, he would sing for you. Someone just reminded us that Jonathan had predicted in 2015 that all the PDP decampees who joined Buhari's APC would soon be driven back to PDP by hunger.

These are people who control more than 50% of the nations income in the form of bogus salaries and allowances, constituency projects, budget padding etc. Yet Jonathan predicted that they would be driven back to PDP by hunger. In a single day, over 60 legislators confirmed the prophecy of Jonathan. Obviously, Jonathan knew what kept them in his party, "yams".

It's like these people are not even afraid to let us know that the reason they are running helter skelter is not for the good of Nigeria or anyone but their daily bread. Curiously, you are still celebrating them.

Who did this to us for Christ's sake? I was once disturbed by some policies of this government and was almost regretting voting them into power until I began to see Jonathan running from pillar to post. He rushed to IBB in Minna to hold nocturnal meetings.

I saw OBJ running all over the country to hold meetings and mend fences with old sworn enemies, from Afenifere to Otuoke, from Damkwambo to Bode George. He even recapitulated to rejoin the PDP whose membership card he openly tore and swore never to participate in politics. He initially told Nigerians that he was leading a 3rd force that would not be political, but was quick to transform same to ADC.

He was recruiting members all over the country with an unbelievable desperation. I quickly borrowed myself some senses. I began to wonder whether these people are subjecting themselves to all these discomfort because of the love for the nation, the masses or their selfish interests.

Anyone who chooses to be fooled by these people should have himself and his creator to blame for his foolishness.[/b]

I reason along that line too but my bad blood was all the killings. Apart from the killings i would have want the man to stay and punish all those who voted for him, some of them couldnt drive good cars again. For the killings and being silent, i say NO to his coming back.
Re: Why Defections Won’t Hurt Buhari’s Chances~festus Keyamo by LondonLord: 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
PMB IS ALREADY A FAILURE AND HIS ADVISERS CANT EVEN TELL HIM THE TRUTH.
Re: Why Defections Won’t Hurt Buhari’s Chances~festus Keyamo by Jilo83(m): 4:06am On Jul 28, 2018
I BELIEVE THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN AGAIN IN 2019
In the circumstance, everyone waited with bated breath for the returning officer from Rivers State. But if they had expected a serious-looking returning officer from the battle front in Rivers State, they were grossly mistaken. An unimaginably calm Efeotor literally turned his own declaration of results into a session of comedy.

It began with INEC Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega’s observation that unlike other returning officers before him, he was not reading his own results from the original result.

“Prof, I observed that you are not reading from the original result sheet,” Jega said.

“Yes sir,” Efeotor concurred.

“But you have to read from the original result sheet. That is where everyone reads from.’

“Okay sir.”

By the time Efeotor resumed reading, he went back to the sheet Jega said he should not read from.

“But Prof, I told you to read from the original,” Jega protested.

“I am reading sir,” Efeotor quipped.

“Yes, I know that you are reading, but not from the original INEC master sheet.

“I only read typed materials sir.”

Efeotor attempted to read from the original result sheet but could not make progress as the figures he voiced out did not correspondent with those in the copy Jega held in his hands.

After a few attempts and repeated correction by Jega, Efeotor protested: “Sir, I told you I only read typed materials.”

“But Prof, who wrote the figures?” Jega asked.

“I did, but under special conditions?” Efeotor responded, sending the audience into a bout of laughter.

At this point, an INEC official, who felt that additional light would help Efeotor, brought a big phone. Still, the professor could not make progress.

As he struggled to read with the additional light from the phone, the INEC official appeared with a halogen lamp.

“Thank you!” Efeotor exclaimed in a tone that set everyone reeling with laughter. But even at that, he still could not read.

At this point, Jega suggested that the INEC official, who had been supplying the additional light, should read out the results while Efeotor supervised.

Efeotor’s action, especially his claim that he wrote the results under special conditions, has since provoked a debate as to whether his action at the collation centre was natural or orchestrated to achieve a desired end. Some say the professor could have deliberately generated the drama to douse extenuate public apprehension of what had transpired in Rivers State during the elections or generate a comic relief to douse the tension generated by the cantankerous action of a former minister of Niger Delta, Elder Godsday Orubebe, who a few minutes earlier had nearly subverted the announcement of results.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia State Community Pipeline Explosion: President Buhari Expresses Regret Over / Zamfara APC Gov’ship Aspirants Petition NJC Over Abuse Of Court Processes / Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.