Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. (9343 Views)

Abuja DISCO Issues Notice Of Disconnection To Presidential Villa, 85 MDAs / Edo Guber: Appeal Committee Hears Complaints Against Delegate Election / 2023 Election: Police Release Phone Numbers For Complaints Against Policemen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by AnonPoet: 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2018
I'm really angry this morning after spending hours trying to convince IBEDC to reconnect light illegally disconnected in Olorunsogo area of Abẹ́òkúta where I stay.

Okay, so let me start from the beginning. IBEDC doesn't give the Olorunsogo and Abiola Way area of Abẹ́òkúta more than 2 hours of electricity per day, on the days they manage to give us at all compared to other close areas of Abeokuta like Aké and Ìdí-Aba that get about 8 hours of electricity.

We have written NERC so many times wondering why we have to suffer darkness when Nigeria is supposedly generating more electricity. What we have is stone cold silence.

Then suddenly in the middle of the night I noticed that IBEDC decided to have pity on our destiny and give us our measly daily dose of token electricity supply. However only some part of my side of Olorunsogo had light.

Thinking it was a fault from the transformer, we went to report to IBEDC area office on Abiola Way only to be told that the community in Abiola Way (not Olorunsogo ó) decided to opt out of electricity supply until IBEDC can guarantee at least 6 hours of electricity daily.

My people, we could not convince this people to come back and remove only Abiola Way people and leave us in Olorunsogo alone.

These same people that over billed me up N10, 000 until I discovered and screamed are insisting some parts of Abiola Way are connected to us. We cajoled one of them (a certain Mr Johnson) to come and check the pole and transformer to see that they can remove Abiola Way people without removing us and these people that are still owing me money from over billing are saying that I should wait till Monday while making allusions to that if I can "wet the floor" a little (bribe), they'll come and do it.

In anger I went to their Abẹ́òkúta headquarters to see their manager but was prevented in doing so.

My Nairaland people, please advice me on what to do. Is this how I'm going to be in darkness all weekend? I have jobs I need to deliver and money for fuel is not available. What should I do?
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by OneStep3: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
angry
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by CriticMaestro: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
There is always a local NEPA man in the neighborhood, get him to reconnect for u, or better still do it yourself

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by abumeinben(m): 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
The solution may not be immediate. Kindly go to the district office to lay your complain officially, via a letter, attaching your NERC letter (them fear am wella), addressing it to the business manager.

Monday, Dem go call you.

11 Likes

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by id4sho(m): 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
This is Nigeria .
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by yourwish: 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
Are you sure those nepa people are not using gen undecided
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by inoki247: 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
Minister For Darkness will help u
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by HajimeSaito(m): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
Direct your complaints to our able and efficient power Minister who boasted that Nigeria's electricity problems could be solved within 6 months by a serious government .

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by Pidginwhisper: 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
Do you need Someone to tell you NERC and Discos are now working hand in hand. Gone are those days when NERC will take up your case, but these days NERC is fully behind Discos as "Corruption is fighting back" grin.

If the house adjacent your house dey pay wella, my bro Just tap current and start contributing lil token of their own billing.

2 Likes

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by Yankee101: 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
So na by force?

1 Like

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by stefanweeks: 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
Move out of the area

1 Like

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by abescom: 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
But to be honest if you get only 2 hours of power supply in your area as you say, you are better off without none especially if they charge as much as you say they do.

I know it is your choice but it is cheaper without if you only get 2 hours per day and pay as high as 10k per month.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
And Nigeria sells power to Niger and Chad ?

What a dustbin country grin.relocate if you can and forget Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by lenghtinny(m): 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
Sue their asses angry
Go to citizen rights as long as you have documented evidence.
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by adisabarber(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
What do you want to do with 2 hours of light daily @ the rate of 10k monthly?

1 Like

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by adisabarber(m): 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
abescom:
But to be honest if you get only 2 hours of power supply in your area as you say, you are better off without none especially if they charge as much as you say they do.

I know it is your choice but it is cheaper without if you only get 2 hours per day and pay as high as 10k per month.

I tire o
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by histemple: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Do you need Someone to tell you NERC and Discos are now working hand in hand. Gone are those days when NERC will take up your case, but these days NERC is fully behind Discos as "Corruption is fighting back" grin.

If the house adjacent your house dey pay wella, my bro Just tap current and start contributing lil token of their own billing.

But from the story, he never went to NERC.

2 Likes

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by budaatum: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
LASISIELENU:
important issue is been discussed, you went and copy/paste a stale joke. How old are you?
2 years old, obviously!

Well done op. Please don't tire. Continue to complain. Even if you don't get result, which I do believe you would, it will add to the case against these fools!

I mean, how stupid can people be to refuse to sell the product from which their wages are paid?
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by aragonchuks(m): 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
Ok

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by veekid(m): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2018
In this same Nigeria we're living, NEPA people will come and steal the cable that provides light for your entire street and all of you will contribute money for them to steal another cable elsewhere to come and fix it.

5 Likes

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2018
G

1 Like

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by budaatum: 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
veekid:
In this same Nigeria we're living, NEPA people will come and steal the cable that provides light for your entire street and all of you will contribute money for them to steal another cable elsewhere to come and fix it.
Lol! Really. You sure it's nepa who steals it?
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by Pidginwhisper: 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
histemple:

But from the story, he never went to NERC.
I guess you missed the part where he said he had written to them severally without getting any response. NERC back then would've replied with immediate effect.
I was having same problem with IE in lag and i petitioned NERC over the overestimate billing but i didn't get any response from them either, am sure you know what that means.
I had to tell the IE officials to stop the billing and remove my cables off the pole as i wouldn't want to be provoked being a Military personnel.

2 Likes

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
Na wa for u oo.u know the type of country u dey and u jus go NERC office dey waste ur time. Just give one nepa official small egunje and he will connect d wire for u. Una for the street fit contribute small tin to give d nepa man. Dats wat u need to do.na naija we dey.
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
budaatum:

Lol! Really. You sure it's nepa who steals it?
haha this question is unnecessary. A number of nepa staff do steal cable parts and they will sell it back to the ppl in the same street. Between nigerian police and nepa i dont even know which one is worse.

2 Likes

Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by xanie: 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
NERC is the last resort after exhausting the complaints handling process at IBEDC.
Start from the Business unit controlling your area, file a complaint and obtain a ticket number. It is only when you are not satisfied with the outcome from IBEDC that you can approach NERC.
Re: NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
BadmanBinLaden:
Honestly i don't like Buhari or our current governor but i have to commend them when it comes to electricity. Prior to 2015, we used to barely have 2hrs of light in Yola the capital of Adamawa but now light is almost 24hrs for the past 4yrs, sometimes we could go days without nepa taking light. My dad even dash me our generators (which i sold) because it became completely useless.

I don't know why many people are complaining about electricity
very obvious u not residing in nigeria

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen In Nasarawa Kidnap Mohammed Abubakar Opu, Electoral Officer / Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests / PDP Ondo State Governorship Primaries, Delegates Seated (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.