Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,800 members, 7,956,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests (9443 Views)

Residents Flee Their Vilages Over Herdsmen Attack As Buhari Visits Nasarawa.PICS / Looters Burying Stolen Funds In Forests, Burial Grounds – FG / Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by Giyerte(m): 6:20am On Jun 16, 2016
PORT HARCOURT— Clerics in Rivers State have raised alarm, alleging that suspected Fulani herdsmen armed with dangerous weapons have invaded some forests in the state with a view of launching attack on the state.

The clergymen, from different platforms, Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, and Directorate of Religious Freedom and Church Collaboration of Christian Lawyers Fellowship of Nigeria, alleged that suspected herdsmen with arms had invaded communities in the state.

In a statement, yesterday, Chairman of CAN, Rev. Isaac Anyanasikike, stated that the herdsmen were already intimidating land owners in some rural communities of the state and acquiring land for grazing.
Anyanasikike who read the statement on-behalf of CAN and CLASFON, adding that tension was already rising in communities of the state following the presence of the herdsmen.

The clerics urged residents of the state, especially farmers in the rural communities to be vigilant while on their daily businesses in the forests.
He said: “It has come to our knowledge that Fulani herdsmen or cattle rearers have constituted themselves into an embarrassing nuisance in rural communities in the various local government areas of the state where they graze their cattle with impunity on lands and or farms belonging to the natives and accompanied by their propensity for violence and other horrible forms of criminality whenever they are challenged by the land owners.

“That the Fulani herdsmen are still roaming the forests and farmlands in Rivers State with dangerous weapons and other instruments of violence without the security and law enforcement agents doing anything to check this pervasive use of unauthorised or unlicensed arms thereby leaving the lives of the majority of our rural community dwellers at avoidable risk in unacceptable.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/clerics-raise-alarm-alleged-herdsmens-invasion-rivers-forests/

1 Like

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by omenka(m): 6:27am On Jun 16, 2016
Hmmm. Is that so?? So when herdsmen move around in Nigeria today, it is termed an "invasion".

Body dey itch me to yarn some things but I'd hold my fire for now... 3days and counting. cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by Mayor21(m): 6:33am On Jun 16, 2016
Wetin dey worry this person above me?

21 Likes

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by xpac01(m): 6:33am On Jun 16, 2016
omenka:
Hmmm. Is that so?? So when herdsmen move around in Nigeria today, it is termed an "invasion".

Body dey itch me to yarn some things but I'd hold my fire for now... 3days and counting. cheesy

Brother are you sick or just trying hard to be funny

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by orunto27: 6:38am On Jun 16, 2016
Misrepresentation.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by youngest85(m): 6:42am On Jun 16, 2016
D problem wt me is dat, all ds political thread hit front page. Bt I dnt really knw wat to comment.

Coz politics is a game (a dirty one 4 dat matter)

It doesnt worth cracking ur on.
Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by anonimi: 6:45am On Jun 16, 2016
omenka:

You should go and say that to those whose family and friends were KILLED by the invading Fulani herdsmen. angry shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3773947_img20160529090234_jpegca51bdff8ad2dce07c0beef819ddf9d0

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by omenka(m): 6:49am On Jun 16, 2016
anonimi:

You should go and say that to those whose family and friends were KILLED by the invading Fulani herdsmen. angry shocked
Jesus is Lord!!! Anoni didn't add a "foto" to his comment!!! shockedshockedshockedshocked

Now I believe in miracles!!!

Edit:

I guess I was too quick to believe after all!! Rotflmao!! gringringrin

And we have our "foto" sitting comfortably at the foot of the comment!

If we are lucky enough, he'd leave it at only ONE "foto". cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by DankemzI(m): 7:16am On Jun 16, 2016
Arm those villagers now for self defense!
Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by Montaque(m): 7:25am On Jun 16, 2016
Nobody will take note of this until they strike, like in nimbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by Fedayeen02: 7:35am On Jun 16, 2016
omenka:

only fools take you serious.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by dukie25: 7:40am On Jun 16, 2016
Federal Republic of Fulani

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by DoyenExchange: 7:41am On Jun 16, 2016
We will just 'be looking' until these herdsmen achieve their dreams...hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by omenka(m): 7:46am On Jun 16, 2016
Fedayeen02:
Only bigger fools quote people who are not taken serious. cheesy

Stale line they keep throwing up. They insist he's "unimportant", "a nobody", blablabla.. Yet they just can't seem to IGNORE him. cheesy

#Ceasefire continues though..

You guys take all the shots while you have the chance. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by anonimi: 7:47am On Jun 16, 2016
youngest85:
D problem wt me is dat, all ds political thread hit front page. Bt I dnt really knw wat to comment.

Coz politics is a game (a dirty one 4 dat matter)

It doesnt worth cracking ur on.

Have you heard that when the people ABANDON their responsibilities to continuously and constantly checkmate their EMPLOYEES aka public servants, then it is easy for their commonwealth to be LOOTED.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by omenka(m): 7:58am On Jun 16, 2016
Fedayeen02:
If at your old age you still dwell in tantrums and ethnic bigotry then i pity your unborn kids and your so called gf
You should paste a big ol To Let on your forehead.

Bye. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by Fedayeen02: 8:01am On Jun 16, 2016
omenka:
You should paste a big ol To Let on your forehead.

Bye. cheesy
Go and tell your gf who you do decieve with a bottle of coke daily

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by anonimi: 8:37am On Jun 16, 2016
DoyenExchange:
We will just 'be looking' until these herdsmen achieve their dreams...hmmm

Have you heard our president ever talk about these Fulani invaders and MURDERERS
No!
He doesn't care.
The pretence is over.
He has achieved what he FAILED to achieve in 2003, 2007 and 2011 after he was packaged by the Jagbajantis crew to deceive their zombies.

TippyTop:
[size=15pt]Before an election do this:[/size]

Buhari as father of the Nation
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1896066_4_jpeg9679ccb5a92f650b83fcf29e0a6a6775

Buhari as an Igbo man

Buhari as a Niger Deltan
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1896071_0_jpeg37d473e6ddd9a12d2adf7c748e2ee2ef

[size=15pt]After the election:[/size]

Buhari as himself:
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkSyIqRCNYzUjS50n7ZWEA-OxYQb1HHK01lchPc3y1fCi6dTAW[/img]

[size=18pt]A leopard never changes its spots.[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2791249_buharidictator_jpeg54fbfa328c264d1468c247af37cdb7f0

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by JoSaintiago: 8:49am On Jun 16, 2016
Fedayeen02:
If at your old age you still dwell in tantrums and ethnic bigotry then i pity your unborn kids and your so called gf
please dont mind dat omenkita we call them april fool babies

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by anonimi: 8:49am On Jun 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by sleekbae: 8:55am On Jun 16, 2016
Don't worry, when the worst comes to the worst, NDA will level them. Only in Nigeria cattle rearers rear their cattle with guns...

Bloody country.

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by anonimi: 9:20am On Jun 16, 2016
Mynd44, lalasticlala wey una dey?
Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by youngest85(m): 10:41am On Jun 16, 2016
anonimi:

Have you heard that when the people ABANDON their responsibilities to continuously and constantly checkmate their EMPLOYEES aka public servants, then it is easy for their commonwealth to be LOOTED.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

Noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by Whizkeey(m): 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
Must CAN be involve, turning it into religion brouhaha...
Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by Youngetskilz23(m): 12:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
abeg make herdsmen no carry dia palava reach this side oo. na school carry me come ooo. tongue
Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by DonCortino: 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
omenka:
Hmmm. Is that so?? So when herdsmen move around in Nigeria today with dangerous weapons, it is termed an "invasion".

yes, its invasion!
Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by macaranta(m): 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
Fedayeen02:
cheesy
Re: Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests by Debaddest(m): 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
Kill those herdsmen or else they kill u

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC's charges against former Police Inspector-General Tafa Balogun (FYI) / Oil Marketer’s Imprisonment In Saudi Shocks Colleagues / GEJ Pictures When Annoyed By BBC Interviewer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.