Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? (55371 Views)

Gomoney Bank Has Been Down For A Week Now, Customers Money Trapped / Jaiz Bank: Has Anyone Done Business With Them? / A Bank Has Been Built In Igbogbo Ikorodu, Finally (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:35am On Aug 05, 2018
the guy is asking for specific info and everyone is giving vague answers, I no just understand us.
Can someone pls give specific info in respect to his choice bank, some of us also needs the info aside the op

2 Likes

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by thatigboman: 8:36am On Aug 05, 2018
tempex88:
Diamond and stanbic bank's charges are low but they don't have good financials
stanbic, an international bank, doesnt have good financials?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Hallenjay: 8:36am On Aug 05, 2018
bravehost4u:

Visit any branch of Diamond Bank, and open a Dom account. That is all you need.
how much for opening deposit
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Hallenjay: 8:36am On Aug 05, 2018
bravehost4u:

Visit any branch of Diamond Bank, and open a Dom account. That is all you need.
how much for opening deposit minimum
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by eemi(f): 8:38am On Aug 05, 2018
Try Keystonebank, they have the best mobile app for fx transfers.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by tempex88(m): 8:42am On Aug 05, 2018
thatigboman:
stanbic, an international bank, doesnt have good financials?

Erroneously included Stanbic. It's just diamond that doesn't have good financials. Stanbic FX rates are good and charges are minimal

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Egbetayo(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2018
tempex88:
Diamond and stanbic bank's charges are low but Diamond doesn't have good financials
What do you mean by good financials?

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by anataala: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2018
With you dollar in your account you can send up to 10,000 USD twice in a week to any part of the world, all the banks charged the same fees in line with CBN guide to changes in banks and OFI at the rate of 0.5% per transfer.

quoteertygeni post=69772729]Dear Nairalanders, please I would like to know the best bank to open a Domiciliary account with with respect to the ease of opening, charges likely to be incured ( bank commission, travelex and offshore) and minimum account balance. I intended to make a payment of less than $1,000 to a company in China thru transfer or western union. So I decided to use transfer using Dom account as I can't make subsequent transaction using Westernunion cos of quarterly restrictions. Hb

I have been to more than one branch of some banks like GTB, first bank and FCMB and I hear different things from different branches of same bank . My experience is that most of these guys at the FX table of these banks are either not sure of these information especially on charges or purposely not sincere.

Dear all, I will be grateful for all info that could be of help in this regards.

Thank you. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Bugatie(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2018
Eustace70:
I am using zenith Bank now, but my problem with them is that they refuse to take lower dollar notes, when depositing you must have $100-notes

I use Zenith bank and they accept all denominations, except it's just the branch you transacted with. They even need the lower denominations to pay those withdrawing split amount and also pay PTA/BTA.

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by tempex88(m): 8:52am On Aug 05, 2018
Egbetayo:

What do you mean by good financials?

Their last audited accounts shows they were loss making

4 Likes

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by codeplace(m): 8:53am On Aug 05, 2018
GTBank charges $20 annually.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by RexTramadol1: 8:56am On Aug 05, 2018
Microfinance

No charges. grin

GTBank is your best bet for Dom accounts.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Amberon11: 8:56am On Aug 05, 2018
Why should Nigerian banks request for referees from Nigerian adult citizens?
Remijuice:

Getting A Referee is my problem.

5 Likes

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by yinkeys(m): 8:58am On Aug 05, 2018
qwertygeni:
Dear Nairalanders, please I would like to know the best bank to open a Domiciliary account with with respect to the ease of opening, charges likely to be incured ( bank commission, travelex and offshore) and minimum account balance. I intended to make a payment of less than $1,000 to a company in China thru transfer or western union. So I decided to use transfer using Dom account as I can't make subsequent transaction using Westernunion cos of quarterly restrictions.

I have been to more than one branch of some banks like GTB, first bank and FCMB and I hear different things from different branches of same bank . My experience is that most of these guys at the FX table of these banks are either not sure of these information especially on charges or purposely not sincere.

Dear all, I will be grateful for all info that could be of help in this regards.

Thank you.
Nigerian banks smh, they are out to get money from you despite bad customer service most times.
You have a lot of options.
1. PayPal (the cheapest, you won't be charged a dime if you're smart about it)
I actually made $500 transfer last week to a company in the US without transaction fee
2. Payoneer
3. Skrill (2% transaction fee I think) but there are ways around this.
4. You can try Stanbic though (South African policies etc) besides their charges are okay.

I put down for you really fast & cheaper options compared to the domiciliary referee and house verifications
You can thank me later bro

8 Likes

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Donraqh(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2018
qwertygeni:
Dear Nairalanders, please I would like to know the best bank to open a Domiciliary account with with respect to the ease of opening, charges likely to be incured ( bank commission, travelex and offshore) and minimum account balance. I intended to make a payment of less than $1,000 to a company in China thru transfer or western union. So I decided to use transfer using Dom account as I can't make subsequent transaction using Westernunion cos of quarterly restrictions.

Thank you.

I think Skye bank has one of the best interesting offers.
You can take a look at this to see what other banks stand for. https://financengr.com/how-to-open-domiciliary-account-in-nigeria/
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by lordm(m): 9:04am On Aug 05, 2018
seyiojomu:
GTB is your best option. Flexibility of controlling your accounts at ease is a selling point. They are also the most international transaction friendly bank I have seen around even in the midst of our FX instabilities.
please can I have your contact number, I need some info about dom account. Do they give interest like normal savings account. I just want to open it and save my money in dollars. I don't want to transfer to anyone. Please I need to ask you questions. Does the bank change naira to dollar for you when you want to deposit, etc. Please I intend opening up the account on monday
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by donmarshia(m): 9:07am On Aug 05, 2018
Go for the Union bank travel domiciliary account.

Interest is paid on ur dollars.

Unlimited cash and pos transactions anywhere in the world.

Transfers are smooth without restrictions on amount.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by pat1612(m): 9:08am On Aug 05, 2018
Fidelity bank i have used fcmb diamond sterling but dont tell them tht u wanna transfer 1000 only your charges will be proportional to volume.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by anataala: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2018
All the charges are the same 0.5% no back is allowed to charge more than that and is sanctinable offence by CBN kindly go through 2017 guide to changes for Banks and OFI
tempex88:
Diamond and stanbic bank's charges are low but Diamond doesn't have good financials

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by mezebel(f): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2018
Eustace70:
I am using zenith Bank now, but my problem with them is that they refuse to take lower dollar notes, when depositing you must have $100-notes
and the hundred notes must B current not old series. but they do collect 50 dollar not of 20009 and 2013 series cos is the most current notes. they reject any note that have any form of stamp and little sole tape. fcmb can be too selective when it comes to that.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Jodesky(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2018
qwertygeni:

Thanks for this information.

GTBANK is your best option. You can withdraw any amount without restrictions. And monthly COT is zero.

Now for international transfers, all you need is to obtain a Dollar MasterCard with a dedicated account for that card. Whenever you intend to do a transfer, all you do is to transfer the amount you want to transfer into that Dollar MasterCard account from your regular Dom Account which makes the card secure.

International transfers on that platform is real time and secured.

Transfer fees very low but you need to enter the bank for specific details.

I have Zenith & Diamond Dom Accounts so I can rate them from my personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by chukel(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2018
Gtb is good as I use them. But their charges are out of this world. Fidelity bank as I heard has one of the lowest charges. Pitch tent with them

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by chukel(m): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2018
anataala:
All the charges are the same 0.5% no back is allowed to charge more than that and is sanctinable offence by CBN kindly go through 2017 guide to changes for Banks and OFI
not true. Gtb charges 2% of the amount as commission if source of the money was cash deposit. If it's inflow, it's 0.5%. They charge 5% of that commission as Vat. They charge $25 as telex, flat rate of 6k in naira as bank charge up to a particular amount. There is another charge again in naira.
Modified: anyone who needs dollar (inflow) to a local domiciliary account preferably gtbank should quote or pm me. I have up to $6k for sale.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by mezebel(f): 9:20am On Aug 05, 2018
stanbic and diamond is good. but if ur a bureau de change operator,use first bank or fcmb for bidding and funding cbn acc.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:21am On Aug 05, 2018
Having domiciliary account is not a problem but when you want cash out your money � � they will be telling you they don't have dollars they Can only pay you with naira bullshit

5 Likes

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by lifeisbeautiful: 9:24am On Aug 05, 2018
My experience with Ecobank dom savings account
You can pay any amount
Withdraw charges 0.05%
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by georgedaniel01(m): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2018
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by purityval(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2018
Eustace70:

I don’t think this info is correct, I have d posited lower denominations to zenith bank
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by slimghost(m): 9:37am On Aug 05, 2018
Diamond bank is your best bet.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by amostheo(m): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2018
Pentools:

I've tried them out, but I'm currently with zenith cus of the juicy offer.
Wish to knw more
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by rockyh(m): 9:49am On Aug 05, 2018
qwertygeni:
This is urgent please.
sterling bank with 6k telex charges
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Donald7610: 10:01am On Aug 05, 2018
Forget bank stuff
Make everything through chrisvicmall.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / List Of Major Recharge Card Dealers / See Hilarious Communication Between A Loan Shark Agent And A Customer. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.