Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? (55416 Views)

Gomoney Bank Has Been Down For A Week Now, Customers Money Trapped / Jaiz Bank: Has Anyone Done Business With Them? / A Bank Has Been Built In Igbogbo Ikorodu, Finally (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Eze2000(m): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
karferguso:

Okay. I'll try and confirm this and maybe try Stanbic IBTC bank
I am going to use Diamond bank next month
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by karferguso(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
Eze2000:
I am going to use Diamond bank next month
Do Access and Diamond still operate separately?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Eze2000(m): 1:18am On Jul 26, 2019
karferguso:
Do Access and Diamond still operate separately?
from what I keep hearing I think it is still so
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by donsheva: 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
no, acct is dormant
luminouz:

I need referee for a Dom account.
Can you help bro?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by luminouz(m): 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
donsheva:
no, acct is dormant
No worries. Thanks
Someone said you have a large heart.I just confirmed it.
wink wink
I already have one!!!
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 02, 2019
Pentools:

Nahhhhh.... the 20dollars could be for whatever reason(s) I opened my GTbank dorm accounts with absolutely NO fees (pounds,Euro,dollar accounts) although I've been a customer with them before the account. Nevertheless I know someone still that opened exact same accounts mid July, with zero fees still.
u dont mean it but will you have to bring refrees?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by karferguso(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2019
obingo25:
You can open it with zero fees but to activate the account. You still need to fund the account. And yes you still need referees

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by mallamnari: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2019
I have 70 euros in my gtb dom, they said I can't withdraw that is too small...

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2019
Kudos gee.
karferguso:

You can open it with zero fees but to activate the account. You still need to fund the account. And yes you still need referees
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by juliusijidola: 11:25am On Sep 02, 2019
Gotten.

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Pentools(m): 2:23am On Sep 05, 2019
obingo25:

Of course, two refs with current account, preferably with same bank (Gtbank).
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 05, 2019
Pentools:

Of course, two refs with current account, preferably with same bank (Gtbank).
excuse me sir but do i need a domiciliary account before i can get a bank wire transfer?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Pentools(m): 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
obingo25:
excuse me sir but do i need a domiciliary account before i can get a bank wire transfer?

What is bank wire transfer?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
Pentools:

i dont know if it exists but i am just curiuos too.
A site was giving me that option since i dont got a paypal yet.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Pentools(m): 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
obingo25:
i dont know if it exists but i am just curiuos too.
A site was giving me that option since i dont got a paypal yet.

I don't know what you're talking about, neither am I a banker.

Visit a banking hall if you have any question.

Thank you.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Cybertrooper: 9:37am On Oct 01, 2019
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Cybertrooper: 9:38am On Oct 01, 2019
Pentools:

If you don't have PayPal account Wire transfer is your best option . With WT you will get your funds 'wired' into your local bank account at a cost of $25.

If 80% of your earnings comes from the internet or you run an 'internet company', I will advise you register your company in the US. You can then open a US bank account with your company name. Then go create and verify PayPal business account to send and receive money from your clients. All done from Naija no need of VPN other nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2019
Cybertrooper:

If you don't have PayPal account Wire transfer is your best option . With WT you will get your funds 'wired' into your local bank account at a cost of $25.

If 80% of your earnings comes from the internet or you run an 'internet company', I will advise you register your company in the US. You can then open a US bank account with your company name. Then go create and verify PayPal business account to send and receive money from your clients. All done from Naija no need of VPN other nonsense.

Any link to register a business in the US?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Pentools(m): 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
Cybertrooper:

How?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Kobomax(m): 1:47am On Oct 02, 2019
Pentools:

How?

Explain pls. How's it done?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by sanediddy: 12:50am On Nov 22, 2019
I have been reading these. Can anyone detail the breakdown of charges if you are sending 4,000 euro to an euro account abroad
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by sanediddy: 12:51am On Nov 22, 2019
I got a debit charge of 54euro on a 4,000 euro transfer. Why?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by IdeasPro(m): 3:42am On Nov 22, 2019
Pentools:

I've tried them out, but I'm currently with zenith cus of the juicy offer.

Opening a domiciliary account with Zenith Bank is the worst mistake anybody can ever make as a legitimate online business owner. When you receive fund into your account, they start asking you for receipt or telex copy of the sender. Why on earth will they ask for this when the sender name is already with them. And they give you deadline to provide the info or Zenith Bank send the money back to the source.

My fund from affiliate marketing from one company was returned and the affiliate network has deducted transfer charges from my account with them. It was a bitter experience with Zenith Bank and my accounting/relationship officer was too hostile as if she has been abandoned by her husband.

9 Likes

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Pentools(m): 7:23am On Nov 22, 2019
IdeasPro:

Opening a domiciliary account with Zenith Bank is the worst mistake anybody can ever make as a legitimate online business owner. When you receive fund into your account, they start asking you for receipt or telex copy of the sender. Why on earth will they ask for this when the sender name is already with them. And they give you deadline to provide the info or Zenith Bank send the money back to the source.

My fund from affiliate marketing from one company was returned and the affiliate network has deducted transfer charges from my account with them. It was a bitter experience with Zenith Bank and my accounting/relationship officer was too hostile as if she has been abandoned by her husband.

Wow, I can relate to that plight, guess it's a new policy, but when you're cool with your account officer, I don't think you'd have to go through all that, because I'm yet to experience such hassle.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by NoLotty7(m): 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2019
Need one soon!
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 9:12am On Jun 29, 2020
NoLotty7:
Need one soon!
Have you gotten it?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Damitimo: 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
Please what is the cash handling fee charged by accesss bank for over the counter withdrawal from dorm account?

I withdrew over the counter and was surprised to be charged extra $$ apart from the standard 0.05% on withdrawal.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by olowoba2: 7:40am On Dec 04, 2020
Cyberknight:
I have domiciliary accounts with GTB and Standard Chartered. Had one with Access that I closed.

I explored Diamond and Zenith Bank's offers before I opened with Standard Chartered, and in my opinion the dom account conditions are pretty uniformly lousy all round, but GTB's is among the best of the lot, with the caveat that it depends on what you want to use the account for.

1. Diamond bank does the minimum balance bullshit and for someone like me who receives money from abroad, that's a no-no. GTB allows you to draw your account down to zero if you so wish.

2. In 14 years of operating the accounts, I've never had an issue with any of my transfers to or from the bank.

3. Their charges were OK previously even though they upped them in 2016 or thereabouts. Since I don't make many transfers out, but mainly receive, I can live with that.

4. I prefer their use of a dollar card not directly linked to your account so you first have to transfer funds into it before use. Makes it easier for me to control spending when abroad and also to check fraud to an extent.

Hi sir

I am in the process of opening a dom account in standard chartered bank and would prefer to have an account holder from standard chartered bank to accelerate the process. Would you be kind enough to be my referee?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by bastardson: 3:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
Which is the best? We dey 2021

4 Likes

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by irijuola: 7:39am On Apr 07, 2021
donsheva:
why you dey find me?

Hello. I'm Irijuola. I read you posts on this thread and will be glad if you can be my reference. I'll be traveling next week and I'm yet to get a reference for GTB. I'm genuine. Please help. Please!!!
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by catherineokezie(f): 9:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
Please, can a domiciliary account be linked with Paypal?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by zpakln(f): 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2021
catherineokezie:
Please, can a domiciliary account be linked with Paypal?
No, it's not possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of Major Recharge Card Dealers / See Hilarious Communication Between A Loan Shark Agent And A Customer. Pictures / Pics Of An Ogun State Based Babalawo Who Advertises His Business Online Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.