Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine (47499 Views)

FG Clamps Down On #EndSARS Promoters, Freezes Accounts - Punch / Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power / PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Inova(m): 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2018
boostdom:
Surely there has to be a way to contest these fines? Absolute imposition of penalty on the media for views/publications, without option of appeal, opens the regulatory authority to inherent abuse.

Transcripts of the erring opinions must also be released to the public for comparison with available evidences. History is replete with laws covered with the veneer of public good, that were exploited by governments into tools of autocratic repression.
This is not a village square. NBC does not owe the public any explanation. If Daar communication think they have been violated which I doubt, they should contest it. However the rules are clear in which they attested to before obtaining broadcasting licence
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Awoo88: 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2018
IamPatriotic:
if you don't listen to the program "political platform" please don't hastily criticise NBC I was an ardent listener of the program until the build up to the 2015 general election, Ihedu Aniagwu now Chief Press Secretary to the Delta State Government was still in DAAR Communication, he was a huge disappointments to ethical journalism, he was a PDP presenter.
Another presenter on the program that should be sanctioned is Ijeoma Osamo although she doesn't know anything other than castigate APC and other tribes other than Igbos.
Mustapha Mohammed is another person on the said program that needs to be cautioned , he supports anything Hausa/Muslim blindly. the only anchor in the program that is not totally guilty of breeching broadcasting ethics is Amaechi Anakwe, Uju Eje and Adebayo Bodunrin the only veteran broadcaster among them.
For your mind you make sense.

3 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by CSTR1005: 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
I don't watch TVC or read the nation newspaper. A tinubu media station is an insult to my intelligence.
Anytime I somehow scroll past their station, I just look at them as frauds.

5 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Sadebixx(m): 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2018
capatainrambo:
it's the same thing. when it doesn't swing to the fed gov't side. They say its hate speech.

but elrufai was in evry radio house calling president gej clueless in 2015

the chicken have come home to roost.

I hope daar comm challenge this Apc nbc in court.
Go back and read
NBC fine DAAR communication because the anchor(s) of the program violated the ethics of their profession, anybody can go on air to say what they like but not the anchor, he/she must be neutral

Mrs Jimada said that the organisation was sanctioned due to “provocative, inflammatory and divisive comments” by anchors of the political platform.

She said the Commission on May 2, 2017, Aug. 15, 2017 and February 2018, held meetings with staff of DAAR Communications to caution them on unprofessional manner of anchors of the programme.

She stated that the Commission had charged the team handling the programme to be fair, and balance their reportage.

According to her, during the Feb. 7 meeting, the Commission stressed the need to comply with the broadcasting code to avoid sanctions.

“The Political Platform episode on July 24, was marked by sensational and heated expression of opinion by its anchors, who went on to make unproven and inciting allegations.
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Respect55(m): 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2018
boostdom:
Surely there has to be a way to contest these fines? Absolute imposition of penalty on the media for views/publications, without option of appeal, opens the regulatory authority to inherent abuse.

Transcripts of the erring opinions must also be released to the public for comparison with available evidences. History is replete with laws covered with the veneer of public good, that were exploited by governments into tools of autocratic repression.
I like ur command of English

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Inova(m): 11:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
tinkinjow:
I think it's time for broadcast organizations to test BON's interference in court. Broadcast organizations shouldn't just assume that because BON has power to sanction it can do so to satisfy vested interest of some in govt.

TAKE BON TO COURT let's know if they're right simple.
I dont get you. Which court? This is why professionalism should be seriously enforced in this country. There is a rule book they attested to before been given a licence. If you break it you get fined. If that is clear then what is there to contest again. Do you think DaaR does not know what they are doing? Its already a frustrated station that hire presenters with no skills or knowledge in broadcasting. If you can talk and your voice sounds good its good-to-go

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by ojtech8291: 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
If this is true then, my country is technically finished. Truth is always bitter. Everyone will never support you, if it does then something must be very wrong. Watch CNN and other media vs Trump. Go to Trump tweeter handle and read for yourself.
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by imagyne2002(m): 11:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
I agree totally with you. I stopped listening to the program a long time ago. Yeye presenters.

IamPatriotic:
if you don't listen to the program "political platform" please don't hastily criticise NBC I was an ardent listener of the program until the build up to the 2015 general election, Ihedu Aniagwu now Chief Press Secretary to the Delta State Government was still in DAAR Communication, he was a huge disappointments to ethical journalism, he was a PDP presenter.
Another presenter on the program that should be sanctioned is Ijeoma Osamo although she doesn't know anything other than castigate APC and other tribes other than Igbos.
Mustapha Mohammed is another person on the said program that needs to be cautioned , he supports anything Hausa/Muslim blindly. the only anchor in the program that is not totally guilty of breeching broadcasting ethics is Amaechi Anakwe, Uju Eje and Adebayo Bodunrin the only veteran broadcaster among them.
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by babaloko85: 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2018
Nothing like freedom of speech now.
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Tekzzy01: 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
political platform my darling program, i love it. please NBC or what sh*t don't tamper with it oo
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by ridbell01(m): 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
at time when i listen to the program i do asked myself to a radio of the PDP or what even the news both on ray power and AIT always one sided they created so much enemies for fayose by showing on cutting ponmo or eating at a boka.. i prefer channel or tvc they handle their with professionalism
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by LeoFish92(m): 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
kadree:

Mehn!

You truly listened to the program.

My 9:15-9:45am still belongs to them though except if work schedule doesn't permit.

You sincerely have a good account of each and everyone of them.

Ihiedu's proverb can be so rib cracking.

That guy mouth na expressway... Like parrot.

Little surprise why his state gov appointed him as his spokesman.

Ohiria wasn't doing badly too.

When they were still transmitting here in Enugu, Ihiedu used to be one of the reasons why I didn't miss the program, dude is so funny and witty

Then they were just four of them, Ohiria, Ihiedu, Amaechi and mustapha, and then a couple I.T girls who's jobs are to read out the mails

I miss those guys

2 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by keneck1: 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
Pascal181:
Anyone still supporting this govt is mad,clamping down on media, legislators just to mention but a few
little child I and my family are supporting the govt and we are okay with its moderate achievements so far so please take your hate filled miserable life somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by bionixs: 12:02am On Jul 29, 2018
pyxon:
Political platform is the most enlightening and unbiased political program on radio. APC is Clamping down on press freedom. APC have started putting on ground mechanisms to rig in 2019. We are watching
thunder fire them

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by jimcaddy(m): 12:07am On Jul 29, 2018
Seems like some feathers have been ruffled...

3 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by drlateef: 12:09am On Jul 29, 2018
capatainrambo:
it's the same thing. when it doesn't swing to the fed gov't side. They say its hate speech.

but elrufai was in evry radio house calling president gej clueless in 2015

the chicken have come home to roost.

I hope daar comm challenge this Apc nbc in court.

Who to blame, if Jonathan refused to maintain press standards? I guess they were too busy sharing money to care about rantings from El Rufai.
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by seguno2: 12:19am On Jul 29, 2018
uba1991:
muuuu, which democracy? did ur democracy tell u to lie? very good move by d NBC. if they av been doing these since we wud av done away with fake news by now.
GOD BLESS BUHARI

All the lies told by Alhaji Lai Mohammed and other APC people nko?
God can’t bless your Buhari. He is cursed by the devil hence his demonic behaviour until he gets to you personally. Then you will know what is up.

3 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Yyeske(m): 12:25am On Jul 29, 2018
Presenters of Radio Sapientia Onitsha should also be cautioned, some are becoming too partisan which is against the code of journalism.
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by velocity25(m): 12:30am On Jul 29, 2018
war against freedom of speech and expression is in full force, all thanks to our all-knowing afonjas who voted those monsters into power.
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by israelmao(m): 12:31am On Jul 29, 2018
In these few years of Buhari I have seen the return of a despot.

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by kabillionaire(m): 12:43am On Jul 29, 2018
ivandragon:
The NBC would do well to tell Nigerians exactly what was said that was provocative...

was expecting to see that in the post.
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by KanwuliaExtra: 12:53am On Jul 29, 2018
Just imagine!
See victimization? shocked

3 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 29, 2018
Munzy14:
This government have been doing everything possible to gag the media houses. But, it's always a futile effort. Because the last government allowed them have their field day with hate campaign and speeches in 2014.
Now Nigerian are practicing what they taught them, they are running round the clock to shut Nigerians up. E no go work. He who is at war with heat, shouldn't near the kitchen.

Can you point any reputable media house internationally whose anchors voice their own personal opinions? Please let's be fair.. This is not the first time dear is doing this most especially during election person
I frankly don't care what goes in this country any more as the state of lawlessness, disregard for authority, insecurity, low employment etc is way out of hand but I like to view things objectively.
If dear was to try this internationally you k of their license would be seized
Dear is not professional at all and it's really sad

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by enimooko: 12:55am On Jul 29, 2018
ivandragon:
The NBC would do well to tell Nigerians exactly what was said that was provocative...
PDP and IPOB and some toothpick importers will never understand it
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by omoiyalayi(m): 12:55am On Jul 29, 2018
IamPatriotic:

God bless u

U nailed it

I ve been following dat programs 4rm d onset they were on bias until build up to 2015 general elections. If u follows d programs very well u could notice when they became bias am sure it was when dokpesi collected his own share of dasuki money

Many people will just come here & be saying rubbish

There was nothing they did not do to de-market Buhari we all saw what AIT did in d build up 2 dat 2015 election

99.9 kiss fm abuja shld be caution too. Owigo is the name of d anchor of the morning program while one kunle guy is the supposed analyst but dis kunle guy will never say anything good abt dis govt even when they re reading newspaper headline they will skip any headline dat talk abt buhari achievement

I hope they learn & change

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 29, 2018
boostdom:

Transcripts of the erring opinions must also be released to the public for comparison with available evidences. History is replete with laws covered with the veneer of public good, that were exploited by governments einto tools of autocratic repression.

I love reading your responses. So intelligent, well, informed and a fantastic command of english
Clearly you developed your self and are still developing. It's also evident that you read Alot. You actually challenge me to improve on my self, thank you sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 29, 2018
nku5:
This evil Buhari and his useless government that banned Tupac's music

Can you just imagine? ??

Nothing they do can surprise me again

Songs of Tupac? Are they for real? So Jay z and Kanye amongst others can be played? Clearly this people are from the devil

Tupac is by far the greatest rap artist of all time. His lyrics inspire, encourage, comfort and motivate... So Eminem that insults his mom is better than Tupac who wrote and rapped by far the most moving song for a mom?
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by maestroferddi: 1:40am On Jul 29, 2018
Minjim:

Oh! So you're implyling the rule they disobeyed was just put in place ?

Please, read this :

https://www.thecable.ng/divisive-comments-nbc-imposes-n500000-fine-raypower

Moreover , Gej govt did worst during his time...going on news stands to sieze newspapers.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html

Please, also provide me links where El'Rufai insulted Gej or made any incisive comment before the 2015 election. I'll really appreciate it.
But one thing you must understand is, whether Apc or Pdp, our politicians are all the same .
That why good ppl who know whats good have to start getting involved in politics.
Quit being dumb... It is nauseating...
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by Jaideyone(m): 1:44am On Jul 29, 2018
Munzy14:
This government have been doing everything possible to gag the media houses. But, it's always a futile effort. Because the last government allowed them have their field day with hate campaign and speeches in 2014.
Now Nigerian are practicing what they taught them, they are running round the clock to shut Nigerians up. E no go work. He who is at war with heat, shouldn't near the kitchen.
you mean Jonathan's government that stopped circulation of a news paper and sent DSS to shut down a book at the printing press allowed the media to have a field day?
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by maestroferddi: 1:48am On Jul 29, 2018
IsioStar1:

That's not correct. Where is TVC (102.3) radio station today? Similar fate, of which they have to change name to MAX fm, which is now purely entertainment station. So get your records straight. Don't be biased if you go against the ethics you get the sanctions QED
Dont be ignorant...

If you want to see blatant and embarrassing unprofessionalism, watch TVC... You will see that AIT are just learners...
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by maestroferddi: 1:51am On Jul 29, 2018
4601CE:
TVC is very professional and they don’t promote or broadcast propaganda .
I do see some their programmes .
Journalist hangout is my favourite. L
They’re unbiased too. … IMO
Then no sensible person should take you seriously....
Re: FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine by maestroferddi: 1:56am On Jul 29, 2018
CSTR1005:
I don't watch TVC or read the nation newspaper.
A tinubu media station is an insult to my intelligence.

Anytime I somehow scroll past their station, I just look at them as frauds.
In a country where low IQ people predominate, someone will be talking about curtailment of excesses when all Tinubu media platforms are still in business...

Cry, cry, beloved country....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation / Suicide Bomb Blast In Biu, Borno (Graphic Photos) / Results Are Being Tampered With- Chris Smith, US Congressman, Nigerian Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.