Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine (20135 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine by savacore: 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
grin

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2018
LuciferChristi:
If she's preaching feminism, why does she look like a man?

Most feminists are ugly & frustrated due to lack of attention from men so they get violent & unreasonable.

This one has a husband that preeqlizes her good but she's hiding it to fool gullible women.
Stay in her house as an ant & you'll see just how submissive to that white dude that saved her from poverty & obscurity.

Linda Ikeji tried it, where's she today? Preeqlized & pregnant. She even confessed its her greatest achievement in life

Toke Makinwa tried it, where's she today? Caught deepthroating an 80 year old man's shrivelled preeq for upkeep money.

Preeq, preeq, preeq. That's the keyword.

grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine by declaro(m): 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Atikusadvocate:
This woman has become a legend on her own right. I don’t even know what her trajectory will be because even though she has so much to offer us, Nigeria is neither ready nor fit for her at this stage and I don’t see the political process goes Bg towards a direction where we will have people like her in government. She won’t be able to put up with all these crap and they may just soil her reputation.

I dislike this lady for supporting gay openly in BBC. I hate her from that day. It is not about feminism or not but the secret packages behind it. That's why I can not read any of her book neither will I buy them for someone.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine by CaptainG00D: 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
UBGG:

Perhaps it's because feminism means something different to the Nigerian woman.
" I can't cook, I'm a feminist. I can't clean, I am a feminist. I can't pay the bills, I am a feminist".
You don't hear nor see a good number of them protest the fact that the girl child in certain parts of Nigeria is denied education.
Some women, passed up for a promotion long due and beyond qualified for in favour of their male colleagues, still they say and do nothing.
Female circumcision, they say nothing.
So long as the man cleans, cooks and pay the bills, they are feminists.

But still haven't seen where they said they can't cook or clean or pay rent.
All they ask for is that men can also help out if the need arises.
Which to me is not a bad thing to chase.
A hood example is in African where a female can not will presidential election. Because they have been condemned in the mind of people already for being a women even before she comes out to contest.
That's all they are fighting for

But Nigerians have taken it to another meaning where u now see dumb comments like.
"after thing u will still beg ur husband to Bleep u in d night"
"she don't born twice for her husband o"

Very annoying comments I don't know when feminism means, don't get pregnant or don't have sex with a man. undecided

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine by CaptainG00D: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
correctguy0900:

Oga. U wey go school well well, define it for him. This ur style wey some teachers dey do for village schools. Don't just wag ur tongue. Define it for the illiterates. Cry cry baby.

My comment is not for kids.
But for adults who have the brain Able tk comprehend and decipher what the comment is all about.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine by Oremeyii(f): 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2019
LuciferChristi:
If she's preaching feminism, why does she look like a man?

Most feminists are ugly & frustrated due to lack of attention from men so they get violent & unreasonable.

This one has a husband that preeqlizes her good but she's hiding it to fool gullible women.
Stay in her house as an ant & you'll see just how submissive to that white dude that saved her from poverty & obscurity.

Linda Ikeji tried it, where's she today? Preeqlized & pregnant. She even confessed its her greatest achievement in life

Toke Makinwa tried it, where's she today? Caught deepthroating an 80 year old man's shrivelled preeq for upkeep money.

Preeq, preeq, preeq. That's the keyword.

Number 1, Chimamanda is beautiful and u know that, get glasses if u can't see well.

Number 2, Which white dude saved Chimamanda from poverty and obscurity. Firstly, that "white dude" is mixed and secondly, Chimamanda's books made her a lot of money, she could have made it as a single woman without "husbandly" support.

Number 3, B4 u oppose something, first understand it. You definitely don't understand feminism and that's why you're spouting rubbish. Pls understand it before you start talking. Feminism isn't about women hating men and being bitter, there are male feminists too. Let me enlighten u a little, feminism SIMPLY advocates for equal rights between both sexes. Of course, we all know there are biological differences between a man and a woman, but that doesn't mean that a woman should have less rights because she's d "weaker sex". Didn't u know women weren't allowed to vote before, if not for d actions of the suffragettes. Now it seems stupid to know there was a time when women weren't allowed to vote.
Let me give an example to conclude my point, there was a topic on nairaland some months back of a pregnant woman beating up a conductor, in ur mind you'll say that feminists would agree with d woman, but that's wrong! Except if there's any law stating dat pregnant women can't be jailed, d woman should have been put in prison for assault! Oh, and also some police officers have ethics and a heart, so maybe that's why she wasn't arrested.

I hope I've proven my point to you, next time when u want to write a comment on ANY topic, either use ur sense or just keep quiet.

Preeq, seriously?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WARRI PALAVA: U Go Laff Tire. / Jos, December And Cold. / Melania Trump Racist In Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.