Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie (22332 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Lutherblaq: 3:55pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nigerian award-winning author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has said that she does not want to be responsible for traumatising children.

In an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour, she described her vision for writing as “too dark” when asked by Amanpour why she delved into children’s literature and life.

Chimamanda went further to describe the moment when Mama’s Sleeping Scarf came to life. It was a moment with her daughter that she tried to capture which ushered her first debut into children’s literature.

“There was this moment when she was still a baby, I’m carrying her she reaches out and pulls my scarf off my head and it just felt to me just this really beautiful special moment, very ordinary…. and so I thought why don’t I try to capture this ordinary beautiful moment for her and also for me.”

https://guardian.ng/life/whatsnew-entertainment--and-so-on/i-dont-want-to-be-responsible-for-traumatising-children-chimamanda-adichie/

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Macdeey: 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
cool Ok !
Noted cool

........ Next !!!

18 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Perfectnumber6(m): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Chessg(m): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2023

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by GeoSilYe(f): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
Okay madam
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by yewit37486: 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
Americanah still my favourite book of hers.

15 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
Igbo Am....

So back to the topic.

This woman na real definition of woman.

Not the ones that have poor parents and brothers broke shaming a man who depends on himself.

Anyways I love you mama.

You be odogwu nwanyi
May your days be long like the river nile

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Peterpaul96: 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
Absolutely
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Shelter100(f): 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
A role model

6 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by sylve11: 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
Okay cool
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Ucay8: 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
sylve11:
Hmmm cool
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Tuzzyjohnson(m): 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
kiss undecided
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Wisereborn: 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
There is nothing capturing the essence of the topic in the write-up you posted. Or is it just me

I am sure that the OP over edited it or didn't post the full article

24 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Eriggs: 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
Okay
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by IPDGP: 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
I hail those of u way dey read book
Even for school I dey hope make we write exam immediately after class because that way I go pass.but a step outside lecture room like this everything don disappear

5 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
Good of you girl.

Chop kiss 💋 😘 😗

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by ShaqFu: 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hian

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by allthingsgood: 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
SMH
Each time i remember how this lady was used against Tinubu in the elections, i cringe at her hypocrisy

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Kcfresh2103(m): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
cool
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
A genius

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by Dittodat: 6:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
She's already traumatizing the IPOB Obi diotic fools by giving them false hopes with her useless worthless inconsequential letter after the election.
She will not be taking seriously anymore on any important issue. She should tick to children's and fictional books.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by chiedozie198100: 6:05pm On Sep 14, 2023
accordadoga29:
Chimamanda, the Lord of the Igbos
Tinubu the God of the afon...

4 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie by bibiking7(m): 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Second Wife - A Romance Story / My Nigeria - A Poem / Waiting For The Bouquet By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.