Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,007 members, 7,845,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

If My Father Wants To Relax, He Cooks All Day —KWAM 1’s Son - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / If My Father Wants To Relax, He Cooks All Day —KWAM 1’s Son (363 Views)

He Was A Victim Of Circumstance - KWAM 1 Reacts To Son’s Arrest In US / Meet The Nigerian Doctor That Claims He Cooks Better Than Most Girls / Kwam 1's Tribute To Wasilat Olaronke Marshal, His Late Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If My Father Wants To Relax, He Cooks All Day —KWAM 1’s Son by Magichand: 7:22am On Jul 29, 2018
I am a young Nigerian trying to make a living in legitimate ways. Though I studied Computer Science at the North American University, Houdegbe in Benin and graduated in 2013, I work in a construction company in Lagos. After leaving the university, I planned to go for a master’s degree immediately, but my father advised me to gain some work experience. I should complete the master’s programme next year.

I’m also into entertainment; I run the affairs of my father’s band and it’s quite demanding. In addition, I do a little of public relations and I just started a photography outfit.

I have been told I can sing many times, but I don’t see myself as a singer. I work with a fuji band; so, once in a while, when I am in my comfort zone or I want to play, I sing.

Everybody across the world at this time enjoys the best of fuji music. The king of fuji music is still very active and he will be around for a long time. Since he is still relevant and I am also a fan of the king, it is better we do not complicate issues. My advice to everyone is to continue to support fuji music. As for me, in the future, if Allah calls me to be a singer, His will shall be done. But for now, my concentration is a whole different thing.

In all honesty, my dad has asked me what I wanted to do. We had more like a father and son discussion about it, but he is not the kind of father who forces a child into doing things. He will only support you to do what you like to do. When we discussed it, I told him I wanted to make my own mark and do things I enjoy doing. But I can sing and I enjoy singing for the fun of it, at least for now.

I am not a fan of fuji music because of my father. If I wasn’t his son, I would still be a fan of fuji music. When you look at the fuji genre of music, it is indigenous to us. Apart from fuji, when I listen to juju or apala, they are full of meaningful lyrics that can change one’s thoughts. Fuji music changes the way one thinks and the way one sees things. I have friends in the hip-hop industry and they are doing well, but I love traditional music. However, I listen to other music so far it is good and it is Nigerian.

I have siblings who sing but none of them does fuji. Oyindamola Marshal, aka, Honey Bee, Sultan Marshal, Farouk Marshal and M-Marshal do music. But they are not based in Nigeria.

I don’t want to go into details about my family. But like I said earlier, I have siblings who do music. We are one big family. If we are out, you cannot spot the difference. My family is a very loving one and we all have a great relationship. There’s no gap, there’s no difference. If my father gives me N5, he will give my siblings N10 or more. He is a father that understands things easily and knows how to deal with them.

My family is blessed and everybody is happy as my father does his very best for his children. You can’t have a conversation with him in an hour without him mentioning his children. He is a loving father and he cares for all of us.

It is good that I look like my father as I enjoy certain benefits, but one’s personality will determine how one wants to take the recognition one gets. If I am in a place, as soon as all eyes are on me, I start to feel uncomfortable and I look for an escape route.

My father doesn’t expect his children to do less and receive favours because of his name. Rather, he expects one to do very well and let his name be an added advantage. I like to be recognised for the efforts I have put into things, not because of the advantage I have. My father has made us to understand that it is highly honourable when one puts in hard work; advantage should not be the main reason one is celebrated.

My father is a perfectionist. He believes that anything worth doing is worth doing well. Anyone who says someone is strict, if you check well, the person must have bad habits and want people to accept him or her in such manner. My father is a disciplined man and wants things to be done properly. He wants everyone around him to be disciplined and cultured.

Also, my father, at home, is not different from the man on stage. If he is not happy with you, he does not hide it. If he is happy with you, it will tell from his facial expression and vice-versa. He does not have two personalities or pretend about his feelings.

I see myself as an ordinary person; I was treated like every other student in class. Other children also had parents who were celebrated in their different walks of life. Moreover, our upbringing made us take education seriously. According to my father, he has given birth to us, it is left for us to create our own paths or lives.

I was not treated specially during my school days. If the teachers were to punish all the students, I was not spared. It makes no sense to be exempted when I joined in making a noise or committing an offence.

My dad hates people who tell lies. Regardless of what the situation is, he wants you to tell him the truth always. Of course, he may get angry after hearing the truth or what you did, but he will get over it.

My father likes young people who take education as a priority. Whenever he is having a conversation with you, as a young person, it will be based largely on the importance you attach to education. Once you are academically sound, you become his friend.

During leisure, he likes reading books or cooking. If he is cooking, he cooks for the whole day, from one delicacy to another. I am sure most people don’t know my father cooks well and he enjoys cooking.

Gist From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/if-my-father-wants-to-relax-he-cooks-all-day-kwam-1s-son/

cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Fynestboi

Re: If My Father Wants To Relax, He Cooks All Day —KWAM 1’s Son by funnynation(m): 7:24am On Jul 29, 2018
Good
Re: If My Father Wants To Relax, He Cooks All Day —KWAM 1’s Son by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:24am On Jul 29, 2018
That is interesting.
Kitchen men are the most ROMANTIC men in the world!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: If My Father Wants To Relax, He Cooks All Day —KWAM 1’s Son by Baawaa(m): 7:33am On Jul 29, 2018
But your father is too greedy and selfish,ask other Fuji singers
Re: If My Father Wants To Relax, He Cooks All Day —KWAM 1’s Son by Homeboiy: 7:38am On Jul 29, 2018
I don't know them

(1) (Reply)

Simi Shock Fans In A Live Concert / Nigeria LGBT Community Excited As Charly Boy Declares Support. / I’ve Never Dated Anyone All My Life, But Am Not A Virgin – Actress Amara Maduka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.