Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Korra Obidi: My Parents Forced Me Into Street Dancing - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Korra Obidi: My Parents Forced Me Into Street Dancing (509 Views)

Busola Dakolo: Police Forced Me To Sign Letter Countering Rape Case / Korra Obidi Dances On The Street Of California With Nude Baby Bump / "You've Forced Me"—Actress Toyin Abraham Replies Ex Husband Over Divorce Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Korra Obidi: My Parents Forced Me Into Street Dancing by emmanuel529(m): 8:07am On Jul 29, 2018
Korra Obidi revealed her parents forced her into street dancing

[img]https://2.bp..com/-ij8Tr1Apokg/W11fJUPzSPI/AAAAAAAADps/9D104_YGA6Ambscy6UA2-GhFbwxlEQohQCLcBGAs/s1600/I-became-a-street-dancer-because-of-my-parents-Korra-Obidi-lailasnews.jpg[/img]

According to Korra Obidi, Nigerian popular dancer, who recently made the headlines over a fracas she had with a Policeman in Lagos, her parents never supported her dream despite have so much passion for dancing.

She was forced into street dancing in order to keep her dream alive but her parents supported her later on she told Sunday Punch in an interview

Read excerpts from the interview below:

Background

My father is from the Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State, Nigeria, and I have two siblings. I grew up in the church, Deeper Christian Life Ministries, and my parents didn’t joke with the things of God. I began singing and dancing in the church. Then, I hadn’t pierced my ears or nose. My growing up days were conservative. I had tutors and I didn’t have the freedom to go out or do things my peers did. I always watched other children playing from the windows and wished I was in their shoes.

Education

For my secondary school education, I attended Command Secondary School, Ojo, Lagos. Later, I proceeded to the University of Lagos to study Business Education. My career in the entertainment industry started at UNILAG when I went on a tour with some Nigerian artistes as a professional dancer. However, my music career started later, in 2015 precisely. My debut single was titled, Man Like You.

Read more @https://www.naijarumours.com.ng/2018/07/korra-obidi-my-parents-forced-into-street-dancing.html

(1) (Reply)

HERO! Man Who Rescued 13 Persons In BOAT ACCIDENT Dies While Trying To Rescue 14 / Kim Kardashian Strips To Bake Showing Off Enviable Figure (photos) / Bbnaija's Alex Signs Partnership Deal With The Eye Doctor (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.