Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,780 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors (31762 Views)

Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act / Audit Report Indicts Olusegun Runsewe Of Multi-Million Naira Scam / Edo House Crisis: Senate Panel Report Indicts Obaseki,gives Governor Fresh Terms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by silenze: 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
Butterflyle0:

There are two very significant things you must note.

During the time of GEJ he had a security adviser who of course had access to information Jonathan didn't have regarding security situations in Nigeria.

He boldly declared the PDP was behind boko haram. Jonathan knew this too but couldn't say anything since it would totally destroy his government and his party. So at the expense of you and I, that information was buried.

Now PMB is here and though still investigating, suspicions have already shown the hand of PDP elements behind all that's going on but I am sure he would not want to just blame anybody for the sake of it. He would want to get it right by not only blaming but also showing proof to that effect.

PDP on their part has said they are responsible via azazi for boko haram

APC on their part have said PDP are responsible for the killings today

Now as a neutral person if you sit back and check the time lines of these killings, areas these killings occurred, states involved and how a lot of the attacks and killings were absolutely needless you would begin to see a pattern. What is that pattern?

THE VERY SAME BLUEPRINT USED TO START BOKO HARAM. THE SAME PATTERN IS AT WORK.

this is a very interesting one here, i think i missed the part where pdp claimed responsibility as you have stated.

well by trying not to agree with me on information being suppressed i think you might have unknowingly agreed since you claim Jonathan knew the pdp was behind the killings and refuse to refused to say. also we've had an instance where a spokesman of the government has come out to tell us opposition politicians are behind the killings, and you talk about suspision. such allegations should be made based on suspicion?. isnt that
well, if my voice could be heard i would demand full details of those claims rather than half baked.

i was trying to see that we have a conversation absent sentiments, but when it got to the point where you talk about investigation, suspicion and the rest of that paragraph shows or rather appears you are on the defensive side of someone.

and as a neutral person, checking the timeline, the places and how the deaths occurred/ is occurring will be no difference if the situation remains the same.

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by silenze: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
Corrinthians:
Can you share with us the pictures of those "lots" of bodies of dead "Fulani herdsmen" from Jonathan's regime? Or you saw the pictures in person?
i was resident in makurdi during the happenings, i dont need pictures to express the things i saw

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Corrinthians(m): 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
silenze:

i was resident in makurdi during the happenings, i dont need pictures to express the things i saw
I thought so. Typical. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by kotv: 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2018
Racoon:
So PDP is now again to be blame for inciting herdsmen killing that Miyetti Allah Hole Kautal have confidently claimed responsibility for in Benue, Plateau
So this also mean & confirmed that the APC was also responsible for the escalation in the killings in the run to the 2015 elections. undecided undecided

Don't mind the pathological liars. They think everyone is a fool. PDP is responsible for the killings but yet, Buhari is looking to force every state to give free lands to his people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
Matters arising.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Yankiss(m): 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Racoon:
So PDP is now again to be blame for inciting herdsmen killing that Miyetti Allah Hole Kautal have confidently claimed responsibility for in Benue, Plateau
So this also mean & confirmed that the APC was also responsible for the escalation in the killings in the run to the 2015 elections. undecided undecided
Whoever is responsible for the killings, the response by the government has only suggested mute complicity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2018

APC will not kill me with their stories

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Truflame: 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
London’s Bridge Centre Says PDP Behind Farmers/Herdsmen Crisis

By

Elizabeth Morgan

The world has on several occasions been appalled by the wanton killings in Nigeria from incidents attributed to clashes between herdsmen and farmers. Attacks upon attacks in affected communities have been blamed on “killer” herdsmen, who in such instances prove elusive as not much would be heard about the daring killer squads that carry out such crimes against humanity.
The situation has triggered a cycle of blame game within Nigeria, with the consequence that the persons behind these killings, at least responsible in part, are successfully evading justice. Findings show that these persons are of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), which has its imprint on the Farmers/Herdsmen Crisis as the then ruling party and more recently as the country’s leading opposition party.
We invite the United Nations Security Council to consider the following as we invite the Council to urgently intervene before the world starts dealing with the problem of a lost generation in Nigeria>

SYSTEMATIC RETENTION OF A FESTERING PROBLEM
Transhumance is a phenomenon that is not peculiar to Nigeria. It has been worsened by climate change, urban sprawl, changing cultures and economic pressure. In the 16 years that PDP ruled Nigeria, it decided to do nothing about the realities of making changes to avert the genuine aspects that can be addressed as Farmers/Herdsmen Crisis like the current government is doing by proposing cattle ranching as a workable solution to the issues caused by nomadic cattle herding. It instead presided over the theft of the country’s resources on a scale that makes it difficult to make certain interventions that will allow livestock keepers and crop growers thrive as constituent parts of the agricultural sector.

POLITICAL SUPPORT FOR KILLER GROUPS
In the desperation to get at the government of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the centre, PDP chieftains have been to known to actively support killers, who go about massacring populations in communities that did not vote them in the 2015 General Elections. These killings have been classified as part of the casualty from the Farmers/Herders’ crisis. We will name a few instances to support this position:
In Benue state, Akwazar Terwase (alias Gana) was propped up by the PDP governor that presided over the state up to 2015 (Gabriel Suswam) even though he was a known mass murderer. The governor who took over, Mr. Samuel Ortom, even while posing as an APC member, being a closet PDP member at that time continued to provide cover or Gana while publicly castigating him for public show. Gana is responsible for scores of deaths, including many that were initially attributed to herdsmen. Ortom is now formally back in the PDP.
Aminu Yaminu (Tashaku), a known Boko Haram terrorist, was employed by PDP’s Samuel Ortom and paid from the Benue State Government account under the pretext of being the commander of the Livestock Guards. Tashaku has been arraigned for the gruesome murder of 17 worshipers in a heinous crime that was initially attributed to “killer” herdsmen.
In the last week of June 2018, reprisal killings trailed the killing of scores of villagers in Plateau state. The reprisals have now been proven to be the expected outcomes plotted by a former governor of the state and PDP lawmaker in the National Assembly, Senator Jona Jang, who had vowed to make the state ungovernable for the APC led government of Simon Bako Lalong. Jang is known to have also instigated the killings as a way of forcing law enforcement agencies to back down from pursuing corruption cases against him in court.

CREATION, FUNDING AND ARMING OF ETHNIC MILITIAS
Political leaders of the PDP have in the period since the party was voted out of the Federal Government engaged in the formation of militias, which they armed with weapons prohibited under several international protocols. These weapons have been deployed in commission crimes against humanity as they resulted in mass killings.
Taraba State (PDP) governor, Mr. Darius Ishaku, directly and through proxies armed and funded the Mambila Militia that was responsible for the violence that claimed scores of lives in Sardauna Local Government Area of Taraba state in the second half of 2017. The killings were again initially linked to killer herdsmen before details emerged to confirm that the pastoral community was rather under attack.
Members of the Benue State Livestock Guards, upon being arrested by the military, confessed that they were armed by the state governor, Mr. Samuel Ortom, a PDP member who was then pretending to belong to the APC.
On April 5, 2018 33 persons were killed by gunmen who turned out to have been armed by Senator Bukola Saraki, another PDP member that hides behind the logo of the APC. The gunmen confessed that their weapons and operational vehicles came from him. The brazen nature of the attack was initially ascribed to “killer” herdsmen.
Kabiru Seidu aka Osama and Nuhu Salisu aka Small, named Senator Dino Melaye (PDP) as their gun-runner. They had used the weapons supplied by Dino Melaye for robberies and kidnaps that were at some point attributed to herdsmen.

ARMING KILLERS AHEAD OF 2019 POLLS
Information at our disposal reveal that the PDP chieftain have released funds and more weapons for killers that will further attack communities as part of their ploy to campaign that President Muhammadu Buhari has failed in his campaign promise of restoring security to Nigerians. This money is coming from the 100 billion Naira fund that was previously earmarked to sabotage the country and present it as a failure.
PRAYERS
Taking cognisance of the continued desecration of the sanctity of human life, the United Nations Security Council is invited to:
Order a full investigation into the role that politicians, especially the PDP, are playing in the killings attributed to Farmers/Herders’ crisis.
Arising from the findings of the full investigation, takes the steps necessary to deter the kind of disregard for human life as is presently the trend.
CONCLUSION
Time is of essence for whatever intervention the Council has to make since it is important that Nigerians are reassured ahead of the General Elections.

Elizebeth Robertson
Head of Research and Documentation

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by babytoun: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
Suswan may be joining Apc soon ...then they will know that they have scored an own goal .

yeye party always looking for someone else to blame for their inaction

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Rindo69: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
Fake news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by shadeze: 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kyase:
grin grin
Shey i been talk am
Shut up mumu

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by neduprince(m): 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oh Lord!!!!
Just when I thought I have seen it all

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by franchasng: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
Racoon:
it also means that President Muhammadu Buhari is a PDP member for remaining silent in using his enormous power to crush these PDP killers and for also indirectly defending these alleged Fulani herdsmen killers whom he publicly claimed are from Libya and blamed late Gadaffi for

Some people are just mad but they don't have anybody to tell them that they are crazily mad!! angry

Whoever wrote this nonsense report is a mad person and an enemy of Nigeria trying to divert our attention and to divide us from seeking for solution to this incessant killings happening in the middlebelt

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by resurgent2019: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
Butterflyle0:

This one has nothing to do with suppression of information. The method was so simple.

They actually know that its easy to tip Nigerians into the hatred of ethnicity and religion so they sent mercenaries to start the first attack on a helpless Fulani settlement and then claim some other persons or a certain ethnic group were behind it and the rest of the mayhem would just spiral from there.

What PDP are doing is an emotional war. They are deliberately triggering the emotions of gullible Nigerians along religious and ethnic intolerance so hatred would push us to kill each other and in this case, their guinea pigs are the fulanis who they want to blame for everything just because the president is also a Fulani.

That was their only way of getting to Buhari. Attack his integrity and the rest would fall apart for him.

Its a psychological thing and the gullible emotional hate filled Nigerians are buying the nonsense and swallowing it hook line and sinker.

I on the other hand have never been deceived and I saw through their methodology right from the start.

A man who can steal and get away with it, will surely steal again. They sponsored boko haram and got away with it despite boko haram now being out of control. So now this is a repeat blueprint of boko haram.

This was exactly how boko haram started. By attacking random targets in specific zones.

So what exactly is th point of all these lies? That Buhari is innocent and Nigerians should vote for him? That will be decided by Nigerian voters next year.

I am very angry with you that you can lie with the issue of the killings. I hated PDP as at 2015 due to Jonathan’s corruption and all, but I am now convinced that PDP is a party that can be accused of all the sins in the world, but definitely not the killing of innocent Nigerians. I want you to deeply reflect on what cheap partisan politics has turned you into and quickly change for the better.

For your Information, Nigerians are not fools and we know what is going on. Anybody can pay an NGO in the U.K. to write any fictitious report—they are a dime a dozen in the city of London. Be properly guided henceforth, please.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by semyman: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
We knew this all along, Buhari will spit on his enemies graves
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by edupedia: 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
Racoon:

...Yes we have always asked why Buhari should be involved in killings in states that voted for him but many of u piglets decided to suspend your brains...O PARI!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Saintp(m): 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
You guys should google "the bridge center" and "Elizabeth robertson". We are not all fools.

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by BafanaBafana: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2018
silenze:

and who was behind the killings when Suswam was governor for that period?

the problem here is the way the situation is being handled.

without pointing accusing fingers at opposition or anyone else, this situation was dealt with during the last regimes of GEJ and Gabriel Suswam but here we are today
How was it dealt with please?
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Akpacha(m): 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
el rufai kaduna state govnr came out to tell Nigerians how he paid Fulani's to stop killing, so which pdp is this report talking abt?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Akpacha(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2018
semyman:
We knew this all along, Buhari will spit on his enemies graves
buhari is already in d grave, he is a dead man walking, he is d number enemy of the good pple of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Just2endowed2(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2018
This report is rubbish and God will judge the federal government for politicizing the issue in expense of human lives that were lost

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Butoneday2(m): 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
APC always looking for Something?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by franchasng: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2018
resurgent2019:

So what exactly is th point of all these lies? That Buhari is innocent and Nigerians should vote for him? That will be decided by Nigerian voters next year.

I am very angry with you that you can lie with the issue of the killings. I hated PDP as at 2015 due to Jonathan’s corruption and all, but I am now convinced that PDP is a party that can be accused of all the sins in the world, but definitely not the killing of innocent Nigerians. I want you to deeply reflect on what cheap partisan politics has turned you into and quickly change for the better.

For your Information, Nigerians are not fools and we know what is going on. Anybody can pay an NGO in the U.K. to write any fictitious report—they a dime a dozen in the city of London. Be properly guided henceforth, please.
Don't mind them. All of them are crazily mad but nobody to tell them how mad they are angry

It is PDP governors that told IGP not to go to Benue state when Buhari instructed him to!

It is PDP governors that gave El Rufai money to go to some Fulani communities outside Nigeria to bribe them to stop coming to Southern Kaduna to kill farmers!

It is PDP people that told Buhari to say that Fulani herdsmen killers are not from Nigeria but from Libya.

It is PDP governors that told Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association MACBAN to say that the killings is as a result of open grazing law enacted by Benue State governor Orton

It is also PDP governors that told MACBAN to always come out to say that for peace to reign, people should donate their lands for FG to create cattle colonies for them and stop killing their cows even they intentionally enter farmers farmlands to graze and destroy their cashcrops or rustling their cows even though it is also their Fulani herdsmen brothers that hustle their fellow herdsmen cows.

This is really a sad situation and one junkie in UK is spewing thrash to further complicate our issues, God will punish them angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by BafanaBafana: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2018
silenze:

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by obowunmi(m): 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kingosytex:
if PDP is responsible for the Fulani herdsmen killing in this administration this means that APC was responsible for the boko haram killings in last administration. QED

We know Buhari is behind BokoHoram.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by OfficialAPCNig: 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
APC and stupid lies.
The Bridge Centre is a Fertility Clinic
https://www.thebridgecentre.co.uk/

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by resurgent2019: 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
All I know is that God in heaven who sees the actions of men will judge Buhari for all the lives and families he has destroyed these past 3 years. And I know that even if he rigs himself in next year, he shall not complete his term(God is still in the business of removing despots, he did it in the case of Abacha).

The Lord God of heaven will repay him and his supporters for all the evil they have done to this country. Amen.

The report is a cheap hatchet job. So so cheap. undecided

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by OfficialAPCNig: 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
Just2endowed2:
This report is rubbish and God will judge the federal government for politicizing the issue in expense of human lives that were lost
APC and stupid lies.

The Bridge Centre is a Fertility Clinic

https://www.thebridgecentre.co.uk/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
Foolish Nigerians pulling Africans backward. They know our melting point and weakness even when all evidence is right before us.
Any agency can come up with this crap but since it's a foreign media based in UK am sure people will swallow it hook and sinker.

God have mercy on a black man soul we have sold our conscience already

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by delpee(f): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
Interesting! PDP is also responsible for the killings in Zamfara abi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by stevejomo(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
lol genocide is now a political tool

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors by flamingREED(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
If Britain continues to trouble Nigeria this way, something terrible may befall them.
There are many Christians in this country.

Somebody should send the note of warning across to them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Caught In Employment Scam - CBN Explains "Secret Recruitment" / Bunmi Ojo Buried Amid Tears In Ekiti (Photos) / Buhari's PTF Motor Spotted In Enugu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.