Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni (15750 Views)

Reno Omokri: PDP Lost 2019 Election Because SE Establishment Is VERY Anti-Obi / Wike To Lamido: You Have No Political Value, PDP Lost Jigawa On Your Watch / PDP lost 300,000 votes to card readers failure in Ebonyi - Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Ekiti360(m): 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
Former Ekiti State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Owoseni Ajayi, has revealed that the PDP house started crumbling under Governor Ayodele Fayose because of his refusal to listen to advice and give room for reconciliation in the party.

He added that Fayose’s alleged arrogance, taking the people for granted and stabbing those who helped him back to power in the back, caused the defeat of the PDP governorship candidate, Prof. Kolapo Olusola,

Another factor, according to him, was the mass exodus of leading party members who contributed to Fayose’s victory in the 2014 governorship election which rendered the platform very weak to face a very formidable opposition.

Speaking with Journalists in Ado-Ekiti on Saturday, Ajayi maintained that the July 14 governorship election won by the governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, was free, fair, transparent, credible and would stand the judicial scrutiny of the Election Petition Tribunal.

Ajayi said Ekiti people could no longer tolerate the alleged overbearing attitude of Fayose and attempting to remain in power by proxy hence the decision to vote massively against PDP.

Ajayi dismissed the claims in some quarters that the last governorship poll was manipulated. He also added that Fayose’s waning popularity occasioned by disrespect and arrogance shown to key PDP leaders was partly responsible for why he lost his local government area (Irepodun/Ifelodun) despite his status in the party.

He revealed that Governor Ayo Fayose allegedly dissolved the State Executive Council to deny him the opportunity of becoming a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN).

Ajayi also disclosed that the governor dissolved the State Executive Council a day before he faced a panel of interviewers of Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee (LPPC) for the award of SAN in 2017 which made him become a former attorney general and reduced his rating for the rank.

According to Ajayi, Fayose allegedly took the action because “he doesn’t want anybody serving under him to grow, develop and have a better status” adding that the action denied Ekiti an opportunity of producing a SAN for that year.

“Assuming I had succeeded in that, I would say I have gotten something out of this administration and it would have brought glory to Ekiti State and to him (Fayose).

“So, if somebody could go to such a ridiculous level, could be so mean and wicked to somebody that had served him diligently and sincerely, you will see the kind of character he is,” Ajayi said.

Ajayi, a former People’s Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirant was among party leaders who defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) before the July 14 governorship poll.

The senior lawyer revealed that PDP lost his Ise/Orun Local Government Area for the first time in 19 years because of Fayose’s alleged maltreatment of himself (Ajayi) and another prominent indigene, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, both of whom were governorship aspirants.

Speaking on Fayose’s alleged ingratitude to his benefactors, Ajayi said: “There was nobody who have assisted us to come to power that Fayose has not offended; from Buruji to Senator Gbemi Saraki, to House of Reps member, Hon. Sunday Karimi to former PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Adamu Muazu, the list is endless.

“There is virtually nobody, he has not turned against; so, how do you expect such a person to come and win election? How do you expect such a person to come and win election? So, it was a battle between the people of Ekiti State and Ayo Fayose, it was not a battle between PDP and APC.”

http://kikiotolu.com/pdp-lost-ekiti-because-fayose-took-people-for-granted-former-attorney-gen-owoseni/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Smookdd: 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2018
His stomach infrastructure progran failed

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by teewhydope(m): 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
remi4ever:
First to comment, for the first time.. BUT KINI Big deal gan?

Back to the topic, I don't bloody give a f*ck bouh Politricks... grin grin

you don't give a f*ck yet you rushed to comment on a politics thread

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Okoyeebos: 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
Fayose was loved by his people but he took them for granted.

Busy calling himself Peter the rock and claiming to hear from God

The greatest punishment God used to punish Fayose was not listening to his people.

But he forgot that the voice of the people is the voice of God.

Now, God has answered the prayer of his people and decided to punish him.

The punishment God has for Fayose is putting his future in the hands of his people.

His actions towards his people has turned his blessing into his greatest curse.

Fayose is the greatest enemy Fayose has.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Yankee101: 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
Nope. Cause APC bribed more. People are hungry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by sunnysunny69(m): 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
EFCC knocking on Fayose's door .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
APC should leave PDP alone in Ekiti. We are done with dem. Let's plan ahead of Osun election too, cos we are taking over.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Akosbaba(m): 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
He actually thought all of them for the state be mumu

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Butterflyle0: 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
Yankee101:

I am an ekiti indigene and this is pure undiluted, unprocessed, raw, very sharp fact.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by leunseyis(m): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
facts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
So true, there was a time his former ally claimed he(Fayose) said "Awon omo Ekiti gor'. Meaning Ekiti people are stupid

Fayose allowed himself to be deceived by old time politics where you relate with market women and artisans for few minutes and they'll chant your name till eternity.
I visited Ilawe in 2016 and I saw low rate of development, except for roads and schools. He passed in his convey while I strolling, you need to see how teachers who were trekking and looking hungry were shouting 'oshoko' only for them to put on their sad look after he left, but let's tell ourselves the truth Ekiti people to will miss him cos what's about to befall them will amaze Africa. APC is never an option

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by BafanaBafana: 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
Fayose has a huge fan base in the south east, but how can that help him in Ekiti?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by kurt09(m): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sai Baba. Support PMB mandate for better and prosperous Nigeria. Think about it.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
Butterflyle0:

I am an ekiti indigene and this is pure undiluted, unprocessed, raw, very sharp fact.

So you were hungry too

17 Likes

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by successtutor(m): 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
You can't trust the loyalty of someone who is hungry. They love Fayose but that 5k vs loyalty contest.

5 Likes

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by remi4ever(m): 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
I was the FTC now look where I am... Iffa curse the mod that deleted my comment ehn, anyway....The Truth is Bitter..
Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
True.
Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Tareq1105: 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
Ekiti360:
Former Ekiti State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Owoseni Ajayi, has revealed that the PDP house started crumbling under Governor Ayodele Fayose because of his refusal to listen to advice and give room for reconciliation in the party.

He added that Fayose’s alleged arrogance, taking the people for granted and stabbing those who helped him back to power in the back, caused the defeat of the PDP governorship candidate, Prof. Kolapo Olusola,

Another factor, according to him, was the mass exodus of leading party members who contributed to Fayose’s victory in the 2014 governorship election which rendered the platform very weak to face a very formidable opposition.

Speaking with Journalists in Ado-Ekiti on Saturday, Ajayi maintained that the July 14 governorship election won by the governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, was free, fair, transparent, credible and would stand the judicial scrutiny of the Election Petition Tribunal.

Ajayi said Ekiti people could no longer tolerate the alleged overbearing attitude of Fayose and attempting to remain in power by proxy hence the decision to vote massively against PDP.

Ajayi dismissed the claims in some quarters that the last governorship poll was manipulated. He also added that Fayose’s waning popularity occasioned by disrespect and arrogance shown to key PDP leaders was partly responsible for why he lost his local government area (Irepodun/Ifelodun) despite his status in the party.

He revealed that Governor Ayo Fayose allegedly dissolved the State Executive Council to deny him the opportunity of becoming a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN).

Ajayi also disclosed that the governor dissolved the State Executive Council a day before he faced a panel of interviewers of Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee (LPPC) for the award of SAN in 2017 which made him become a former attorney general and reduced his rating for the rank.

According to Ajayi, Fayose allegedly took the action because “he doesn’t want anybody serving under him to grow, develop and have a better status” adding that the action denied Ekiti an opportunity of producing a SAN for that year.

“Assuming I had succeeded in that, I would say I have gotten something out of this administration and it would have brought glory to Ekiti State and to him (Fayose).

“So, if somebody could go to such a ridiculous level, could be so mean and wicked to somebody that had served him diligently and sincerely, you will see the kind of character he is,” Ajayi said.

Ajayi, a former People’s Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirant was among party leaders who defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) before the July 14 governorship poll.

The senior lawyer revealed that PDP lost his Ise/Orun Local Government Area for the first time in 19 years because of Fayose’s alleged maltreatment of himself (Ajayi) and another prominent indigene, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, both of whom were governorship aspirants.

Speaking on Fayose’s alleged ingratitude to his benefactors, Ajayi said: “There was nobody who have assisted us to come to power that Fayose has not offended; from Buruji to Senator Gbemi Saraki, to House of Reps member, Hon. Sunday Karimi to former PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Adamu Muazu, the list is endless.

“There is virtually nobody, he has not turned against; so, how do you expect such a person to come and win election? How do you expect such a person to come and win election? So, it was a battle between the people of Ekiti State and Ayo Fayose, it was not a battle between PDP and APC.”

http://kikiotolu.com/pdp-lost-ekiti-because-fayose-took-people-for-granted-former-attorney-gen-owoseni/

Fayose, no doubt, has the tendency of an autocrat

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
Broken record
Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Corrinthians(m): 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
Those people from the other side of the Niger would disagree.

10 Likes

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by bejeria101(m): 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
Pdp lost ekiti because it was rigged! Even the international observers said it,what happend in ekiti wasnt an election.

1 Like

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Butterflyle0: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

So you were hungry too

Sorry I am well fed.

I was on ground during the elections as I had to attend from my base in Ogun and I voted.

All that has been said are pure facts. I don't have strength to type something lengthy now otherwise I would have added much more to the OP in order to show the very many people fayose betrayed after they helped him as well as the very many people he disgraced, embarrassed, harassed etc including traditional rulers in ekiti

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by adeoba2008(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
I have a Google developer account. Send a request through my blog www.crmnigeria.com.

I want to assist you.
Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Butterflyle0: 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
bejeria101:
Pdp lost ekiti because it was rigged! Even the international observers said it,what happend in ekiti wasnt an election.

Because you were there right?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
[s]
bejeria101:
[/s]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Corrinthians(m): 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
Yankee101:
APC was alleged to have given 5k. PDP on the other hand have 4k and lodged 3k "stipend" into people's accounts. If I learnt anything in maths, I'd say PDP bribed more. Except there's something you know which we don't.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
Gbam!!!
Saw his interview on channels and was shocked of how confidence he was

2 Likes

Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Angelb4: 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
G
Re: ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni by Butterflyle0: 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
dignity33:
PDP LOSS BECAUSE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IN COLLABORATION WITH POLICE AND INEC RIGGED THE ELECTION PERIOD.

Refer to 2014 and fayose vs fayemi with federal backing massively behind fayose for him to have a 16 - 0 victory.

Fast forward to 2018 with fayose losing his Local government and government house polling unit as well as Lere loosing his polling unit and know that karma was patiently waiting for fayose to give him a 12 - 4 loss.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati / President Muhammadu Buhari Declares Assets Ready For Swearing In / Rescued Kuriga School Children Arrive Kaduna Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.