Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? (770 Views)

Can Southern Kaduna Join The South In Secession, We Are Not Same With Core North / Another Aboki Mega Refinery About To Commence / Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? by CodeTemplar: 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
Can southern Nigeria collectively fund a mega refinery?
Dangote's own cost around $12bn for a 650,000 bpd capacity and is highly technology driven so isn't expected to employ many hands like the FG/NNPC run ones.
If the south must benefit from the ND crude oil then they must build a refinery to help refine their most marketable resource.

The problem I see here is funding, so do you think a united southern Nigeria can fund and build a mega refinery the size of Dangote's or even bigger?
Re: Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
they can but lack the idea and also greed and pride won't allow them
Re: Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? by CodeTemplar: 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Blakjewelry:
they can but lack the idea and also greed and pride won't allow them
If built it will be a big hit but . . . the funding is huge. $12bn is no joke. That may take 8 years for all SS states and stakeholder to put together.
Re: Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If built it will be a big hit but . . . the funding is huge. $12bn is no joke. That may take 8 years for all SS states and stakeholder to put together.
$12 is change if they are serious
Re: Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? by CodeTemplar: 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
Blakjewelry:
$12 is change if they are serious
Who will contribute?
Re: Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Who will contribute?
its simple, if the governors show interest by staking certain percentage, foreign investors will take some percentage and private individuals will do the rest even though I know only the governors can do it themselves if they put heads together
Re: Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? by CodeTemplar: 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
@Blakjewelry, Gov can hardly pay salaries and if they save the fear of their successor stealing it will derail that. How many southern billionaire can invest 500m USD alone? Only foreigners can make such happen.
Re: Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? by Godfather92(m): 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
Only River State can make it visible if not the political madness in the state and the greedy of the people of that. Invite forign investors, have an agreement with them, give them some years of profits driving benefit and period of handover.

Giving monthly stipend to the residents doesn't make any sense. Build companies like this give the youths hopes of living. It creates huge employment. If is the only thing a seating was able to do under fours as governor is totally good and draws support for reelection

1 Like

Re: Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery? by Blakjewelry(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2018
CodeTemplar:
@Blakjewelry, Gov can hardly pay salaries and if they save the fear of their successor stealing it will derail that. How many southern billionaire can invest 500m USD alone? Only foreigners can make such happen.
those southern governors not paying their workers is not a case of non availability of fund rather only them what they are doing with the fund available to them, after all if a state like Ebonyi with meager fund can pay their workers what is holding them back. some few days back I went to bomadi a town in delta state. I saw bridge build by the governor ibori government though am not his fan, the bridge was equivalent to the one built by the fed on the east west road that took years to complete and and I said to myself if state government can do this and a lot of kilometers of roads without stress then I think most of the present governors are far underperforming.

if the governors can pull string to build sea port in their respective state I don't see reason why they can't build a refinery, beside you don't need few people to raise 500m dols a lot of them can key into it base on their capacity be it 50m, 20m, 100m etc

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Chief Olabode George Speaks On Tinubu, Oshiomhole And Akpabio / 2019 PDP Presidential Candidate / Leaked! See What Adams Oshiomole Did To Senate President Bukola Saraki In This T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.