Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? (1902 Views)

Can Southern Kaduna Join The South In Secession, We Are Not Same With Core North / Can Southern Nigeria Survive A Jihad ? / I Am Done: Time To Rally Together For Southern Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 11:06am On Jun 02, 2020
Clearly we shall remain the slave of the Northern Nigeria and our children will also become slaves to the Arewa boys because of the simple reason of Southern Disunity . we are more populated than the North but we lack unity .

An Average Northern do not think about party but strictly think along Religion line this create a strong unity among them even though the North also have many minority tribe but all united under one strong Religion of Islam .

The south lacks unity because we have nothing binding us together like the north we have Traditional religion , Christianity and Islam in the South so much division division along tribal lines
Example if an Igbo man make a post against the Government he will be attacked by a Yoruba man while the Arewa Boys enjoying our common wealth will not even talk OUR MUMU DON DO OOH
likewise an Igbo man will attack the Yoruba man fighting each other while Arewa boy the roll In Rolls Royce for Abuja ooh waiting to takeover and enslave our children we are nothing to them but a land to be conquer to advance the Dream of Othman Dan Fodio

Only a Southern Unity shoulder to shoulder for a SOUTHERN NIGERIA REPUBLIC ( SNR)
From the Middle belt , to the south west , South South and Mid west region , South East

Then we can all work out a loose confederation within the confine of a Southern Nigeria Republic just like the Aburi accord

South West Confederation , Niger Delta Confederation , Middle Belt Confederation , South East Confederation , Mid West Confederation

Can this ever be possible ? Your view

This is also the vision of Major Gideon Gwaza Orkar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by donbachi(m): 11:11am On Jun 02, 2020
Nothing come out.

1 Like

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by budaatum: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

I doubt it. Christians can't unite, for starts, as shown by the need for everyone to be the Jesus of their own church. And tribes are divided by village, and even in every village!

I'd say we are divided and conquered, except that we divide and conquer ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 11:14am On Jun 02, 2020
budaatum:

I doubt it. Christians can't unite, for starts, as shown by the need for everyone to be the Jesus of their own church. And tribes are divided by village, and even in every village!

I'd say we are divided and conquered, except that we divide and conquer ourselves.

Yes but we need to find a common ground if possible the north are united by Islam

The Northern behave like an Army of Conquest and Nigeria is a conquered territory and we the south are slaves and a conquered people
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by jimyjames(m): 11:14am On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Clearly we shall remain the slave of the Northern Nigeria and our children will also become slaves to the Arewa boys because of the simple reason of Southern Disunity . we are more populated than the North but we lack unity .

An Average Northern do not think about party but strictly think along Religion line this create a strong unity among them even though the North also have many minority tribe but all united under one strong Religion of Islam .

The south lacks unity because we have nothing binding us together like the north we have Traditional religion , Christianity and Islam in the South so much division division along tribal lines
Example if an Igbo man make a post against the Government he will be attacked by a Yoruba man while the Arewa Boys enjoying our common wealth will not even talk OUR MUMU DON DO OOH
likewise an Igbo man will attack the Yoruba man fighting each other while Arewa boy the roll In Rolls Royce for Abuja ooh waiting to takeover and enslave our children we are nothing to them but a land to be conquer to advance the Dream of Othman Dan Fodio

Only a Southern Unity shoulder to shoulder for a SOUTHERN NIGERIA REPUBLIC ( SNR)
From the Middle belt , to the south west , South South and Mid west region , South East

Then we can all work out a loose confederation within the confine of a Southern Nigeria Republic just like the Aburi accord

South West Confederation , Niger Delta Confederation , Middle Belt Confederation , South East Confederation , Mid West Confederation

The Yoruba's should join the northerners and form a united Nation, cause we tried to break away from Nigeria instead of them to create their own country they quickly joined the north to fight us .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 11:18am On Jun 02, 2020
jimyjames:

The Yoruba's should join the northerners and form a united Nation, cause we tried to break away from Nigeria instead of them to create their own country they quickly joined the north to fight us .
Yes no tribe can actually break away from Nigeria alone even me as an Igbo man I dont want Biafra I want a loose Confederation like restructuring because I dont want to take visa to visit Lagos we will prosper better together but the North is treating the South like their Slaves and slaves of their children and generation unborn . South Sudan, South Korea all breakaway. Nigeria can do the same Southern Nigeria Republic operating as a loose Confederation a true freedom like we are before the white men came to join us in 1914
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by budaatum: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Yes but we need to find a common ground if possible the north are united by Islam
We might "need to find common ground", but religion sure can't be it. We Yorubas, for instance, never united around religion. Some worshipped Sango, while some worshipped Ogun, Osun, Sapona, etc, and never the two shall meet, when it comes down to it. Many don't know it, but there's even an underlying Obatala-Oduduwa division.

Whiteangel1234:
The Northern behave like an Army of Conquest and Nigeria is a conquered territory and we the south are slaves and a conquered people
I don't agree that Southerners are slaves to the North. And even the Northerners are not as united as you claim, going by the evidence of the Hausa-Fulani split, and boko haram which most Northerners abhor.
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by WeneDiali: 11:24am On Jun 02, 2020
Any unity that will have yoruba muslims as stakeholders will not work.

They are the household rats that will tell the bush rats where the fish in the house is kept.

^^^Ibo adage right there. grin

If you know, you know. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 11:26am On Jun 02, 2020
budaatum:

We might "need to find common ground", but religion sure can't be it. We Yorubas, for instance, never united around religion. Some worshipped Sango, while some worshipped Ogun, Osun, Sapona, etc, and never the two shall meet, when it comes down to it. Many don't know it, but there's even an underlying Obatala-Oduduwa division.

I don't agree that Southerners are slaves to the North. And even the Northerners are not as united as you claim, going by the evidence of the Hausa-Fulani split, and boko haram which most Northerners abhor.
What other definition of slavery ? When the take over every appointment strategic and sensitive appointment for themself as our master . Lord Lugard join us in 1914 to take the wealth of the south and feed the North until today the same have not change .

Gideon Orka can be the face and Hero of Southern Nigeria Republic we can leave in peace and prosperity its just to create a loose confederation but we need to stand together splitting Nigeria into tiny countries is not realistic .
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2020
WeneDiali:
Any unity that will have yoruba muslims as stakeholders will not work.

They are the household rats that will tell the bush rats where the fish in the house is kept.

^^^Ibo adage right there. grin

If you know, you know. grin

I dont want my children to become slaves of the Arewa boys ooh grin

To avoid inter fighting its to operate a loose confederation inside a united Southern Nigeria

Biafra cannot break away alone by war , Oduduwa cannot break away alone by war and Niger Delta cannot break away alone by war
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by jimyjames(m): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Yes no tribe can actually break away from Nigeria alone even me as an Igbo man I dont want Biafra I want a loose Confederation like restructuring because I dont want to take visa to visit Lagos we will prosper better together but the North is treating the South like their Slaves and slaves of their children and generation unborn . South Sudan, South Korea all breakaway. Nigeria can do the same Southern Nigeria Republic operating as a loose Confederation a true freedom like we are before the white men came to join us in 1914

You are not Igbo else you won't be worried about visa to Lagos, Igbo's are in every country of the world doing business even in countries with the most expensive visa's
We will never form a country with the Yoruba's they should join their northern brothers and form a country same way they joined them to fight Biafra.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Tripoli(m): 11:31am On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Good suggestion but no...

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 11:34am On Jun 02, 2020
jimyjames:

You are not Igbo else you won't be worried about visa to Lagos, Igbo's are in every country of the world doing business even in countries with the most expensive visa's
We will never form a country with the Yoruba's they should join their northern brothers and form a country same way they joined them to fight Biafra.

You are probably an emotional illiterate rat

I have Bsc Political Science I dont talk careless I reason only strategically
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by manlawal(m): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2020
jimyjames:

You were fighting the north to break away why do you bomb Lagos ? Is Lagos part of north you better go back and learn history of the civil war before talking trash

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by budaatum: 11:36am On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

What other definition of slavery ? When the take over every appointment strategic and sensitive appointment for themself as our master . Lord Lugard join us in 1914 to take the wealth of the south and feed the North until today the same have not change .
The British, with their vast experience in India, always rated Muslims much higher than you no book people in the South, and book people would always be the master of no book people.

But that was then. Now you Southerners have book, but rather than understanding what you read, you believe and tremble like satan, as you should.

In my own opinion, you, nay, we, as I'm a Southerner too, are not slaves because someone enslaves us, but because we enslave ourselves with ignorance.

Whiteangel1234:
Gideon Orka can be the face and Hero of Southern Nigeria Republic we can leave in peace and prosperity its just to create a loose confederation but we need to stand together splitting Nigeria into tiny countries is not realistic.
Anyone can say "unite around this my tribes person", but you all know what you are like if that person is not from your tribe, or state, or village, even.

Hopefully, we will evolve.
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 11:37am On Jun 02, 2020
Tripoli:

Good suggestion but no...

grin cheesy Niger Delta , Biafra , Middle Belt and Oduduwa will remain a pipe dream unless there is a kind of unity none of us can fight Nigeria alone in a war of independence unless a kind of corporation then everybody find his separate way after or decide to maintain a loose confederation of southern Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 11:39am On Jun 02, 2020
budaatum:

The British, with their vast experience in India, always rated Muslims much higher than you no book people in the South, and book people would always be the master of no book people.

But that was then. Now you Southerners have book, but rather than understanding what you read, you believe and tremble like satan, as you should.

In my own opinion, you, nay, we, as I'm a Southerner too, are not slaves because someone enslaves us, but because we enslave ourselves with ignorance.

Anyone can say "unite around this my tribes person", but you all know what you are like if that person is not from your tribe, or state, or village, even.

Hopefully, we will evolve.
true !! Its time the south start seeing who is the common enemy and look for a common interest than can unite us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by budaatum: 11:45am On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
true !! Its time the south start seeing who is the common enemy and look for a common interest than can unite us
Our ignorance is our common enemy, and we should be fighting it in our schools by properly educating ourselves. But even in my own village, school has a principal and a handful of qualified teachers, with illiterate corpers making up the numbers and peddling ignorance to my people.

When our suffer reach, we will surely unite and fight against ignorance instead of ignorantly blaming everyone else for what we are responsible for.
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Benevento(m): 11:54am On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

You don't want visit Lagos with Visa?

Cc
Pazienza
Mrvitalis
Maestroferddi

What do you guys think about this?

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 11:59am On Jun 02, 2020
Benevento:

You don't want visit Lagos with Visa?

Cc
Pazienza
Mrvitalis
Maestroferddi

What do you guys think about this?

Oga i'm a business man ooh I dey travel out of Nigeria steady I dont think I want a situation where I go need visa to cross Onitsha Niger Bridge grin but Southern Nigeria Republic atleast will be very big to move around
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by mrvitalis(m): 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Oga i'm a business man ooh I dey travel out of Nigeria steady I dont think I want a situation where I go need visa to cross Onitsha Niger Bridge grin but Southern Nigeria Republic atleast will be very big to move around
Is south west want to impose visa fine n good ...that's their choice
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by jimyjames(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
manlawal:

You were fighting the north to break away why do you bomb Lagos ? Is Lagos part of north you better go back and learn history of the civil war before talking trash

Bomb which Lagos ? Besides we were fighting Nigeria not north , the capital of Nigeria was Lagos not Kano, Biafra never made it beyond ore when they invaded west so how did they reach Lagos ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
mrvitalis:

Is south west want to impose visa fine n good ...that's their choice

No I dont want Biafra its too small and not strategically beneficial . you must understand that Biafra Declaration in 1967 was force upon Ojukwu its a war of self survival

In this 21st century we have to choose the battle field and who to fight carefully

Breaking Nigeria into fragments is not a good idea and it will fail . the north can easily take out those single unit they have the army , police, Navy etc but they can't fight a United Army of southern Nigeria Republic where you go Start fighting ? Middle belt ? south west , South East or Niger Delta ? Even their will be mutiny in the army soldiers of southern origin will desert the Northern Nigeria Army
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Benevento(m): 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Is Onitsha market not the biggest in Africa again?

You seems cool, now I have a question for you, others can also answer.

Ibos have invested heavily outside iboland, a certain nairalander even estimated Igbos property outside as thus:

300trillion in Lagos
300trillion in Abuja
200trillion in Kano
And others LOL (Though I considered this estimation as dumb)

Now, if Ibos finally get Biafra, how are you guys going about these properties?
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Benevento(m): 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
jimyjames:

Bomb which Lagos ? Besides we were fighting Nigeria not north , the capital of Nigeria was Lagos not Kano, Biafra never made it beyond ore when they invaded west so how did they reach Lagos ?
You're taking your war to Lagos(Yoruba land) and you expect Yorubas to fold their arms?

Glad, ordinary Local hunters defeated your so called Biafra army... hahaha

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by manlawal(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
jimyjames:

Why are you disgracing yourself, what does it cost you to Google it and see why Yoruba join the federal forces?
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by jimyjames(m): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

You are probably an emotional illiterate rat

I have Bsc Political Science I dont talk careless I reason only strategically

Is that why you are worried about Lagos visa ?

My friend shut up , Lesotho is an enclaved country within south Africa but they are doing well, every region in Nigeria is bigger than Lesotho, what are you scared of ?

Lol
Visa ?

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 12:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
Benevento:

Is Onitsha market not the biggest in Africa again?

You seems cool, now I have a question for you, others can also answer.

Ibos have invested heavily outside iboland, a certain nairalander even estimated Igbos property outside as thus:

300trillion in Lagos
300trillion in Abuja
200trillion in Kano
And others LOL (Though I considered this estimation as dumb)

Now, if Ibos finally get Biafra, how are you guys going about these properties?

Not all igbos want Biafra majority prefer Restructuring because we love freedom and Nigeria system is very oppressive

But every Igbo man support Biafra somehow because we all have sensitive spot for the name Biafra especially this our Generation our parent took active part and tell us stories since childhood

But is Biafra what majority of igbos want in this 21st century NO!!
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by Whiteangel1234: 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
jimyjames:

Is that why you are worried about Lagos visa ?

My friend shut up , Lesotho is an enclaved country within south Africa but they are doing well, every region in Nigeria is bigger than Lesotho, what are you scared of ?

Lol
Visa ?
Oga if you are exposed and travel outside and Beyond Onitsha head bridge you will know that a united West Africa is even what you should be agitating for but such unity must guarantee Freedom of the federating unity not repressive and Oppressive .

You wont be shouting Like this if you have investment outside the south East of Nigeria and have called it home for over 20 years
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by jimyjames(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
manlawal:

Why are you disgracing yourself, what does it cost you to Google it and see why Yoruba join the federal forces?

I know why Yoruba's joined federal forces , cause they were scared of Biafra leaving them in Nigeria with their northern masters , awolowo told the northerners if they allow Biafra to break away from Nigeria, they the Yoruba's will be next , he was genuinely scared.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by mrvitalis(m): 12:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

No I dont want Biafra its too small and not strategically beneficial . you must understand that Biafra Declaration in 1967 was force upon Ojukwu its a war of self survival

In this 21st century we have to choose the battle field and who to fight carefully

Breaking Nigeria into fragments is not a good idea and it will fail . the north can easily take out those single unit they have the army , police, Navy etc but they can't fight a United Army of southern Nigeria Republic where you go Start fighting ? Middle belt ? south west , South East or Niger Delta ? Even their will be mutiny in the army soldiers of southern origin will desert the Northern Nigeria Army
U think army strength is by size ....northern GDP would be lucky to hit $100bn ..even 20 billion even ..when u compare Chad and Niger bother GDP are below 10 billion dollars ...less than imo state gdp ...imo state almost has same gdp and Chad and Niger combined

With effective taxing system ...north won't dare
Re: Can Southern Unity Ever Be Possible ? Southern Nigeria Republic ? by manlawal(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
jimyjames:

I know why Yoruba's joined federal forces , cause they were scared of Biafra leaving them in Nigeria with their northern masters , awolowo told the northerners if they allow Biafra to break away from Nigeria, they the Yoruba's will be next , he was genuinely scared.
Lagos was bombed 3 times by Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election: EYITAYO JEGEDE SAN,DECLARED WINNER / Can Someone Tell Us Exactly What The Problem Is In Oyigbo? / Breaking News!! Nigeria Is Already Destroyed ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.