Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers (37566 Views)

Soldier Nabbed After Stabbing Driver To Death / Boy Treated Like A Criminal In Owerri, For Beating Up His Mom After Smoking Weed / Armed Robber Who Attacked Ondo Skye Bank Nabbed In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by stane007: 5:48am On Jul 30, 2018
A dismissed US soldier identified as Garrick Slacks, has been arrested by operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad in the Imo State Police Command, for allegedly defrauding Nigerians with fake promises to secure visas and other travelling documents to US.

The suspect who is currently in Police custody following his arrest on Saturday, admitted that he was dismissed from the US military in 2015 over his involvement in cocaine peddling.

It was gathered that two pairs of military uniform, a cash of over N2m, military fez cap, jungle boot, fake military identity card, fake driving licence and a car, which he used in making his fraud look real were recovered from the suspect.

Southern City News reported that a police source alleged that the dismissed US soldier was in Nigeria on a special mission to defraud Nigerians, adding that he changed his location immediately money was paid to him.

“He was a serial fraudster who had used his position as a foreigner to defraud Nigerians, who are desperate to travel abroad, especially to the US.”

“He is a serial and sophisticated fraudster. He was arrested this afternoon (Saturday) while he was hurriedly leaving Owerri for Port Harcourt.

“He is equally impersonating the US Army and Nigerian Army at the same time. His targets are mostly women. He would promise them marriage and tell them that he had the capacity to secure their visas and other travelling documents to America with his position as a colonel in the US Marine Army and as an American citizen.

“He has confessed to the crime and the forensic investigation we have done using his fingerprints revealed that he is a wanted man in California and he only ran to Nigeria in February to continue his heinous crimes.

“Just five days ago, he defrauded a young widow N500,000 with a fake promise that he would secure stay visa for the widow’s three children. He was about running away from Owerri before we tracked him. Could you imagine that the lady we used in tracking him, he had promised to marry her on meeting her for the first time this afternoon (Saturday)

“All the exhibits we recovered from him are fake. The military identities which he used to make his fraudulent activities look genuine. He was even beating security men to this game until we nabbed him,” he said.

On his own part, the dismissed US soldier who said he was sorry for his actions and was ready to make amends if given the opportunity, added that he came into the country in February and was ready to refund one of his victims (the widow) her money. The widow became the suspect's victim in her bid to afford good life for her three children.

Confirming the arrest of the suspect, the Imo State Police Commissioner Mr Dasuki Galandanchi, described the development as one of the dividends of community policing in the state as instructed by the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris.

https://lailasnews.com/dismissed-us-soldier-nabbed-in-owerri-for-defrauding-visa-seekers/

4 Likes

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by CoolFreeday(m): 5:51am On Jul 30, 2018
99 days for the thief....His own don set

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 30, 2018
Is he a Nigerian?
Tell a woman, "I will marry you and we will travel abroad" and she dedicate her life, soul and body to you

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Nogodye(m): 6:01am On Jul 30, 2018
E don cast... Living large on another people sweat.

3 Likes

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by izuch(m): 6:03am On Jul 30, 2018
Yawa don gas!

1 Like

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Exwizard: 6:12am On Jul 30, 2018
Wonder why he was dismissed in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by troublemakea(m): 6:20am On Jul 30, 2018
what is US about this man that looks like a sickler from a poto poto slumb smwia in anambra

it's simply our ipob yoot doing what they know how to do best angry

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Samusu(m): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2018
Dismissed US Soldier Kam.
Mane, na Igbo oh.

Firmino. Haka ne.

Coutinho, Hmmmmm

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by yanabasee(m): 6:26am On Jul 30, 2018
yanabasee:
A dismissed US soldier with nothing to show for....

Probably, this could have been what led to his dismissed from a US force.....

Dupest Gbaguan....Ever!!!
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by itiswellandwell: 6:53am On Jul 30, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Obascoetubi: 7:06am On Jul 30, 2018
Flatinoz

8 Likes

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Nightmareo07: 7:13am On Jul 30, 2018
Nawao
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 30, 2018
Obascoetubi:
Flatinoz
Garrick Slacks na flattino again? Lmao
No kill me with laugh o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by FiremanP(m): 7:18am On Jul 30, 2018
Chai! You were so close... dull man
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Oblongata: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2018
the guy mess up, he for allow usa authority catch am jeje, now he go learn how to chop watery beans...

9 Likes

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Opinionated: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2018
Stay in Nigeria and only travel when you have legit opportunity.

Some of you might find this useful.

Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by cosmatika(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2018
I can't believe that guy is an American. That face I'm looking at is that of an Afon.. from Osun state grin
Make una no bash me abeg, my brain was paining me wen I typed it cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by akanbiebenezer(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2018
grin
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by kofo01: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2018
Yahoo yahoo
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by ipobarethieves: 9:51am On Jul 30, 2018
sad slack.Nigerian scammed American and this one com here to scam us.No case.1-1
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Daddy2serious(m): 9:51am On Jul 30, 2018
shocked I entered same vehicle with this man from Aba to Owerri early this year...its him.. I remember that face and uniform
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by ccollins(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2018
they should go to court and follow rule of law.after which, let him be deported
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Daddy2serious(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2018
shocked I entered same vehicle with this man from Aba to Owerri early this year... It's him.. I remember that face and uniform
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2018
Of all things for him to be dismissed from one of the most efficient army of the world. It's cocaine peddling. Which means even with legit jobs these people will still deal cocaine.

We need to do research if judas is a carrot wasn't bribed also with cocaines by the pharisees

4 Likes

Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by holluwai(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2018
Ehen....you sef dey chop our people
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Samirana360(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2018
mugu fall master chop
Re: Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2018
4601CE:
Garrick Slacks na flattino again? Lmao
No kill me with laugh o
denying ur own brethren. Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest Nasiru Mohammed Aka Danger In Abuja Raid (Photo) / Robber Stripped Unclad, Burnt To Death By Mob (Graphic Photos) / EFCC Gifts Late Alex Badeh's N4.6bn Property To VON (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.