Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,442 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo) (15717 Views)

Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears / 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara / Ernest Peremobowei, Footballer Drowns Rescuing Victims Of Boat Mishap In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo) by lastempero: 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2018
Quite unfortunate,the said boat took off from npa, i know of a lady that survived d mishap.
Re: 6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo) by stanleyi1(m): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2018
very sad indeed,,,RIP to the dead
Re: 6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo) by kenechukwuori(m): 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
hope u guys were in right standing with God prior to d incident...grace to your left behinds...pls make ur way right because u might go home anytime anyday n under any condition.
Re: 6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo) by kenechukwuori(m): 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
RIP
Re: 6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo) by dbynonetwork: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2018
Wizpa:
One of the reasons I get scared of sea travel is the time it will take you to get to your destination, you go just dey 2weeks on top water that most times is not stable, imagine plying a Lagos - New york route, imagine the time it will take you to get to new york + the kind animals wey you fit encounter like the blue whale that's atimes bigger than 2 ships all together angry cry
For this Naija case sooo.. Na mammy-water cause am
May there gentle soul rest in peace cry

A whale might be bigger than the smallest ship which weighs about 30tons when empty... The largest recorded weight of a whale is 200tons.
Re: 6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo) by Auxtin85(m): 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
greatman247:

Shut up jor. Why must your likes always politicise everything in this country? I'm sick and tire of you guys.

If your wife gets pregnant also Buhari cause it too?

Meanwhile, this is unfortunate. I hope the missing people are not dead and they are found alive. Amen.

If you are tired of my likes in Nigeria go to Cameroon or Niger, am not even in the country
Re: 6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo) by Omonaijani: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
Re: 6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo) by magicfingers009: 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
jesse8048:
Hmm, traveling by water is for the strong hearted. Most people plying that route don't even care for life jacket.
Trust me, they care but when the desired is not available and they have to get to their communities, they are left with no choice. Some passengers have to buy their own life jacket which costs close to N9,000.

I have been on such ride, and the boat isn't like the one in the picture, its a typical canoe with a car engine. Strong tides can capsize the canoe.

Another side to this is that the community chiefs have deprived/scared away investors who might want to invest in commercializing that route.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Major Traffic Jam Routes In Lagos / Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel / Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.