Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

We Miss Amodu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Miss Amodu (663 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Amodu Blasts His Critics / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Miss Amodu by smile4kenn(m): 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2010
It is obvious we lacked experienced players in our two matches in the World Cup
Kaita lacked experience on do and don'ts in the world event
Haruna lacked experienced too!
Obasi is 0/10

Amodu always played our older players and that is what Super Eagles for now!

What happened to Martins, Utaka, Kanu and co?
Re: We Miss Amodu by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 17, 2010
Would amodu have done better?
Re: We Miss Amodu by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2010
Surely I do not miss Amodu

It was never a case of we either have a clueless Amodu or mediocre Swede who could not qualify his own country for World Cup.

This situation was by design and we must all reject it.
Re: We Miss Amodu by honeric01(m): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
Amodu, don't worry, you shall laugh last grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Miss Amodu by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 17, 2010
Amodu was far better. There is no way on earth that man's team would have lost to Greece.
Re: We Miss Amodu by samdigo(m): 5:09am On Jun 18, 2010
infact i miss amodu a lot, he understood the team, lagerback dosent, at all, LAGERBACK IS WORSE. HONESTLY, WHY DID YAKUBU PLAY THE WHOLE 90 AGAIN AGAINST GREECE, WHY WAS THE LIKES OF NSOFOR ON THE BENCH, WHAT WAS SANI KEITA EVEN DOIN ON THE STARTING SQUAD WHEN WE DESPERATELY NEEDED A WIN AGAINST GREECE, WHY SUb OBASI FOR ODEMWINGIE, RATHER THAN YAKUBU, WERE WAS OBAFEMI MARTINS WHEN WE NEEDED HIM, YOU ALL ARE BLIND IF YOU DONT SEE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE COACHING STAFF
Re: We Miss Amodu by supereagle(m): 5:58am On Jun 18, 2010
You called it right, no white man would bring us deliverance but these idiots would not see… there is no way Amodu's team would have two straight games, the worst part of it we lost to Greece that has not won any match in the world cup. We sacke Amodu because of inferiority complex . Largerpay with all his oyinbo assistants could not save the situation, our deliverance is not in their hands.How many friendly matches did Amodu play? How much does he collect? Yet he got us the ticket to SA and we repaid him with Demotion.Amodu is far better than Largerpay that is collecting 50 million naira a month and could not win any match.
Re: We Miss Amodu by smile4kenn(m): 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2010
siasia would have done better than larger[i]beer[/i]
Re: We Miss Amodu by chidichris(m): 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2010
gone are the days of appartied and that was amodu's era. if there is anything nigeria needs now, it is re-colonization.
i was going to tell the federal govt to swallow their pride and use the N10B mapped out to celebrate our 50 useless years and employ whitemen to come and run this country for us.
we are a very useless ppl. how can a normal person compare amodu with largersomething.
i saw larger yesterday arguing with the fourth official at the touchline. who among u have ever seen amodu come close to tpuchline while the game is on?
at the end of the day, the swede will go from there and amodu will come back to power.
amodu's coaching knowledge is limited to the super eagles hence it is either super eagles or he is jobless.
Re: We Miss Amodu by medjai(m): 11:20pm On Jun 18, 2010
^^^ Chidichris be reasonable for once. Lagerback argued with the 4th official, what came out of that? We employed him because he was perceived to be a world class coach that will perform at the mundial but he has failed in flying colours and you're celebrating his arguing with a fourth official
Re: We Miss Amodu by semid4lyfe(m): 11:32pm On Jun 18, 2010
Lagerback is WACK!
Re: We Miss Amodu by bawomolo(m): 11:56pm On Jun 18, 2010
smile4kenn:

It is obvious we lacked experienced players in our two matches in the World Cup
Kaita lacked experience on do and don'ts in the world event
Haruna lacked experienced too!
Obasi is 0/10

Amodu always played our older players and that is what Super Eagles for now!

What happened to Martins, Utaka, Kanu and co?

were utaka and kanu regulars in amodu's lineup?

this is revisionist history.
Re: We Miss Amodu by medjai(m): 12:01am On Jun 19, 2010
Its only in Africa Lagerback can get a job. I'm pretty sure that after his contract expires with NFF he wont get a job elsewhere except in Africa where mediocrity is celebrated.
Re: We Miss Amodu by Ibime(m): 2:06am On Jun 19, 2010
Amodu is getting too much phocking credit just because of Lagerbacks failure. . . and its pissing me off!!!

To all right thinking Nigerians, the Super Eagles job was never a contest between Amodu and Lagerback, but a contest between SiaSia and Keshi!!!
Re: We Miss Amodu by mensdept: 3:10am On Jun 19, 2010
Amodu at best was also a mediocre coach, who Nigeria had given three different times to make something happen. His best and his era ended in 2002, and since then, he had not coached any national team, or any club of substance, until he was recycled and used as a tool to deny KESHI, SIASIA, and OLISEH a chance to take over from Vogts.

His WC 2010 qualifiers and friendlies were nothing to ride home about, and it was sheer individual talents like Enyeama,Odemwingie, Martins, and Nsofor that saved the day.  Yet many of us wrongfully saw that he didnt lose any match, even reaching the Semis in Angola, so he MUST BE GOOD.

So, Amodu is mediocre, and Lagerback is also mediocre, except that those rich and developed Scandinavian nations retain their coaches (like Denmark, whose coach has been there since 2000), maybe because their countries are peaceful and there's constant light lol.

So yes, Lagerback may have landed a job in Europe coaching Moldova, Finland, or even Liechenstein, but would NEVER, I mean NEVER earn the amount NFF is splitting with him with a European FA, I mean what for.

He doesnt care about Nigeria and its team, because any veteran World Cup coach would have pulled and benched YAKUBU and Obasi, even YOBO, after the First game
Re: We Miss Amodu by CarlosVent(m): 10:20am On Jun 19, 2010
amodu's spirit is hunting the nigerian football until he is paid his 300 million outstanding balance.
Re: We Miss Amodu by smile4kenn(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2010
all things being equal, he would have done better than Largermoney
Re: We Miss Amodu by abrahym(m): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2010
250 million naira tax payers money waste on lagerback
Re: We Miss Amodu by smile4kenn(m): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2010
SiaSia should be employed now to start preparing his Olympic team for Brazil 2014

(1) (Reply)

d / NIGERIA VS INDIA; Is This True / Wowww Unbelievable, A Must Watch For All Football Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.