Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? (5279 Views)

A Wealthy Man Visited My Office With Snake Juju For Prayer - Dr. Olukoya / I Practised Christianity For 30 Years; Black Magic For 9 Years, But None Worked / Stepping On Juju. How Does It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by netozii(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2018
Of all the things a black African fears, 'Voodoo' is the chief. An African believes in the diabolism of occultism, and anything he could not explain is loosely linked to mysticism. For that reason, a typical African can falsely swear to any holy book in the world, but once a local deity is presented, his heart withers. This has led to multiple revolutions of African families against family members that indulge in this ancient mysticism. There are also records of communal mob actions against individuals that practice African Black Magic. Even with the advent of the new creed, there are still cases of victimization of children accused of witchcraft - which are also linked back to African Black Magic. This birthed the question: How Real Is African Black Magic?

In the course of my research, a Nigerian online forum (Nairaland) was resourceful. Some members shared their experiences....
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING:
https://ajambele.com/Africa/juju-how-real-is-african-black-magic/
#Ajambele

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by pleasureosondu(m): 11:33am On Jul 30, 2018
Ask Edo people, then you'll get practical answers @ op.
Lala help us na

3 Likes

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Qpetz: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2018
Black science you mean.

1 Like

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by dorox(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2018
pleasureosondu:

I am from Edo, and I can confirm to you that all the stories you have been told about Edo people and their juju powers are just stories.

If juju was real and powerful, why did the oba of Benin suffer a humiliating defeat to a handful of white men with gun?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by NPComplete: 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2018
dorox:

I am from Edo, and I can confirm to you that all the stories you have been told about Edo people and their juju powers are just stories.

If juju was real and powerful, why did the oba of Benin suffer a humiliating defeat to a handful of white men with gun?

Thank you!!!

People keep screaming Edo. And when I ask them this same question and many other similar questions, they shut up and tell me it is because I haven't seen any yet. The funny thing is that they haven't seen any either.

11 Likes

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by triplechoice(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2018
NPComplete:

Thank you!!!

People keep screaming Edo. And when I ask them this same question and many other similar questions, they shut up and tell me it is because I haven't seen any yet. The funny thing is that they haven't seen any either.

I was born in edo state.I attended both primary and secondary school there.I never experienced anything witchcraft or anything close to that.So it is amazing to hear from. from some persons who claim Edo is the center of witchcraft activities as if you can see them flying on broomstick in broad daylight.
Maybe the reason for this,are the sacrifices you can. easily find at some road junction.Other than this I have never had any such experience not even my siblings or close friends while growing up there.Although I know of some persons who claim to have experienced it but It was not as common as people describe it
I am sure the Edo people talk about is the one portrayed in nollywood movies

3 Likes

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by NPComplete: 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2018
triplechoice:

I was born in edo state.I attended both primary and secondary school there.I never experienced anything witchcraft or anything close to that.So it is amazing to hear from. from some persons who claim Edo is the center of witchcraft activities as if you can see them flying on broomstick in broad daylight.
Maybe the reason for this,are the sacrifices you can. easily find at some road junction.Other than this I have never had any such experience not even my siblings or close friends while growing up there.Although I know of some persons who claim to have experienced it but It was not as common as people describe it
I am sure the Edo people talk about is the one portrayed in nollywood movies

Friend, I assure you even those people who claim to have experienced it are liars or delusional or those who prefer to see a supernatural coloring to whatever phenomenon they are unable to explain.
People like to lie and tell tales. And the only way such tales can be be given credence is if they claim they saw it with their own eyes. Tell them to take u there and show u and they will start stuttering and making excuses.
Some will even swear by the gods that what they say it is true because they actually know such swearing and cursing have not weight or effect whatsoever. There will dare fate just to assert their claims. But they will never actually take u to where the stuff actually happened and show u proof of it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 31, 2018
dorox:

What in hell is wrong with you. We fought a war against the British empire and we lost, how does that translate into a humiliating defeat to a handful of white men? And what does religion have to do with losing or winning wars? It is very funny how stupid Nigerians are, my friend if you are in Edo state or Delta state, then please get the hell out, we don't need bastards like you. For your info, all nigerian kingdoms were defeated by the British, meaning that your ancestors were also defeated. Why don't you talk about the humiliating defeat of your own ancestors by a handful of white bastards? Also for your info the brits had lots of white soldiers and even way more black canon fodders and machine guns and bazookas. I just wonder what kind of couple of drunks produced you. Even the brits acknowledge and respect that fight, but you bastard, you have to open your dirty mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by NPComplete: 8:15am On Jul 31, 2018
prolog2:
What in hell is wrong with you. We fought a war against the British empire and we lost, how does that translate into a humiliating defeat to a handful of white men? And what does religion have to do with losing or winning wars? It is very funny how stupid Nigerians are, my friend if you are in Edo state or Delta state, then please get the hell out, we don't need bastards like you. For your info, all niherian kingdoms were defeated by the British, meaning that your ancestors were also defeated. Why don't you talk about the humiliating defeat of your own ancestors by a handful of white bastards? Also for your info the brits had lots of white soldiers and even way more black canon fodders and machine guns and bazookas. I just wonder what kind of couple of drunks produced you. Even the brits 1cknowledge and respect that fight, but you bastard, you have to open your dirty mouth.

Look at how u are fuming and throwing spittle around like an uncultured vermin. The guy asked a simple question: how come the Benin empire suffered an humiliating defeat at the hands of the British despite all their claims to the supernatural? A war that saw the total decimation of a military apparatus and the exile of its king has never not been humiliating at any point in history. You didn't answer the question all you did was launch an unwarranted ad hominem like a retarded simpleton.

Of course I am not surprised. When mentally challenged people stumble ass-backwards into conversations beyond their ken, this is the result. Their brains becomes so confused that they lash out spewing illogical drivel.

At no point in your moronic rant were u any close to addressing his poser. Nor did you even dispute them. All u did between ripping off your own cloths and thrashing about like a lunatic was to actually support his argument and remind us that the British were technologically superior and that advantage undermined Benin spiritual and physical might.

So what was the point of your madness again? Oh I remember: u want us to stop stating historical facts because of some misplaced tribal pride u have and it hurts your feelings. No snowflake, we won't stop. LMAO

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 31, 2018
NPComplete:

Look at how u are fuming and throwing spittle around like an uncultured vermin. The guy asked a simple question: how come the Benin empire suffered an humiliating defeat at the hands of the British despite all their claims to the supernatural? A war that saw the total decimation of a military apparatus and the exile of its king has never not been humiliating at any point in history. You didn't answer the question all you did was launch an unwarranted ad hominem like a retarded simpleton.

Of course I am not surprised. When mentally challenged people stumble ass-backwards into conversations beyond their ken, this is the result. Their brains becomes so confused that they lash out spewing illogical drivel.

At no point in your moronic rant were u any close to addressing his poser. Nor did you even dispute them. All u did between ripping off your own cloths and thrashing about like a lunatic was to actually support his argument and remind us that the British were technologically superior and that advantage undermined Benin spiritual and physical might.

So what was the point of your madness again? Oh I remember: u want us to stop stating historical facts because of some misplaced tribal pride u have and it hurts your feelings. No snowflake, we won't stop. LMAO
historical fact? Well I guess the words history and fact are lost on you guys. Napoléon was also exiled after being defeated. I guess his magic didn't work, what a humiliation! Any king who suffers the same fate as Napoléon is a humiliated king. Such a humiliation! I notice that you avoided to state your own origin, probably because you know there is nothing to be proud of in the history of your own people. On the internet, sons of slaves like yourself attack sons of heroic kings. Most of you guys descend from either slaves either fucktards who didn't put up a fight against the brits. It takes a strong African king to fight the British empire. By the way, here are other kings who got exiled: emir of kano, shehu of born. The sultan of sokoto got killed in battle. You what did your "King" do? As you can see, all the greats faught the losing battle no matter the odds and they met their fates like heroes, whereas your chicken hearted ancestors died as cowards.

1 Like

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 31, 2018
Just wondering what kind of lost and useless generation mocks the brave and prides in the coward, this guy must be a yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Martinez19(m): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2018
prolog2:
historical fact? Well I guess the words history and fact are lost on you guys. Napoléon was also exiled after being defeated. I guess his magic didn't work, what a humiliation! Any king who suffers the same fate as Napoléon is a humiliated king. Such a humiliation! I notice that you avoided to state your own origin, probably because you know there is nothing to be proud of in the history of your own people. On the internet, sons of slaves like yourself attack sons of heroic kings. Most of you guys descend from either slaves either fucktards who didn't put up a fight against the brits. It takes a strong African king to fight the British empire. By the way, here are other kings who got exiled: emir of kano, shehu of born. The sultan of sokoto got killed in battle. You what did your "King" do? As you can see, all the greats faught the losing battle no matter the odds and they met their fates like heroes, whereas your chicken hearted ancestors died as cowards.
You are having a hard time comprehending the post of dorox. Normally, juju is supposed to be stronger than physical weapons. How come a king and his kingdom, with juju, were defeated by white men who depended on weapons and didn't believe in juju. In history, it is humiliating for a king to be defeated and subjected by his captors beyond his will.

Dorox never said other parts of Nigeria weren't captured, he simply asked why the king was defeated despite having charms, which we can serve protective function and offensive function in battles.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 31, 2018
Martinez19:
You are having a hard time comprehending the post of dorox. Normally, juju is supposed to be stronger than physical weapons. How come a king and his kingdom, with juju, were defeated by white men who depended on weapons and didn't believe in juju. In history, it is humiliating for a king to be defeated and subjected by his captors beyond his will.

Dorox never said other parts of Nigeria weren't captured, he simply asked why the king was defeated despite having charms, which we can serve protective function and offensive function in battles.
don't waste my time, "juju", as you call it, is a religion. I am pretty sure the Germans had a religion when they got defeated. Yet I haven't met anybody moronic enough to ask the Germans why Jesus didn't save them. Your question is beyond childish and stupid.

1 Like

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Martinez19(m): 10:44am On Jul 31, 2018
prolog2:
don't waste my time, "juju", as you call it, is a religion. I am pretty sure the Germans had a religion when they got defeated. Yet I haven't met anybody moronic enough to ask the Germans why Jesus didn't save them. Your question is beyond childish and stupid.
No I am not childish and stupid. Are you that dull not to see that the protective capacity of charms was questioned by dorox using the defeat of the king as an example? Dorox question has nothing to do with the Germans or other religions. The issue is about charms and you didn't stay on the issue instead you went loose like a fishwife.

If someone had asked the Germans why Jesus didn't save them, they would not be foolish and moronic. Didn't god lead Israelites into battle and secured many victories for them? Such an intelligent question would have led the one who asked and who was asked to the path of discovery that with or without charms and religion, one must follow the laws of nature and cause and effect judiciously to decrease their odds in battle. So what then is the usefulness of Jesus? That question is a bright one as it shows, in the end, that religion and other world mysticisms are ridiculous garbages and falsehood with no basis in reality.

So to answer Dorox's question, you need to explain how a king can possess charms, that supposedly serve protective and offensive functions in battles, and still be defeated by those who don't believe in charms and depended on physical weapons. That's how to stay on the topic instead of ranting like an unreasonable, bias and bitter man.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 31, 2018
Martinez19:
No I am not childish and stupid. Are you that dull not to see that the protective capacity of charms was questioned by dorox using the defeat of the king as an example? Dorox question has nothing to do with the Germans or other religions. The issue is about charms and you didn't stay on the issue instead you went loose like a fishwife.

If someone had asked the Germans why Jesus didn't save them, they would not be foolish and moronic. Didn't god lead Israelites into battle and secured many victories for them? Such an intelligent question would have led the one who asked and who was asked to the path of discovery that with or without charms and religion, one must follow the laws of nature and cause and effect judiciously to decrease their odds in battle. So what then is the usefulness of Jesus? That question is a bright one as it shows, in the end, that religion and other world mysticisms are ridiculous garbages and falsehood with no basis in reality.

So to answer Dorox's question, you need to explain how a king can possess charms, that supposedly serve protective and offensive in battles, and still be defeated by those who don't believe in charms and depended on physical weapons. That's how to stay on the topic instead of ranting like an unreasonable, bias and bitter man.
shut the Bleep up, I have already answered your stupid questions. Keep on with your nonsensical delusions. I don't need to repeat my self, idiot.

1 Like

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by sKeetz(m): 11:19am On Jul 31, 2018
prolog2:
shut the Bleep up, I have already answered your stupid questions. Keep on with your nonsensical delusions. I don't need to repeat my self, idiot.

Have you eaten today? undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Martinez19(m): 11:20am On Jul 31, 2018
prolog2:
oh, the irony. cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Martinez19(m): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2018
sKeetz:

Have you eaten today? undecided
I don't think so. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by CoolUsername: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2018
pleasureosondu:

Edo dude here, it's pure horseshiite.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 31, 2018
Martinez19:
oh, the irony. cheesy
Only a teenager will type the same nonesense as you and still believe he is making sense
I explained to you that most countries have their own religion and that it is amazingly stupid to start asking a country which lost a war why its Gods didn't come to its rescue. When Constantinople lost to the Muslims, nobody attacked Jesus. Basically, you are acting like a kid and that annoys people like me who have little patience for stupidity. Read what I wrote and stop thinking this is a game.

1 Like

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Martinez19(m): 11:50am On Jul 31, 2018
prolog2:
Only a teenager will type the same nonesense as you and still believe he is making sense
I explained to you that most countries have their own religion and that it is amazingly stupid to start asking a country which lost a war why its Gods didn't come to its rescue. When Constantinople lost to the Muslims, nobody attacked Jesus. Basically, you are acting like a kid and that annoys people like me who have little patience for stupidity. Read what I wrote and stop thinking this is a game.
Lol. You are the stupid and disoriented one. The topic was about the validity of black magic and dorox asked an intelligent question but you didn't answer and deviated from the topic and started talking about other parts of Nigeria that were captured, other religions, the German and now Constantinople. SMH. Who asked you? Can't you be intelligent?

If people had attacked Jesus after Constantinople's defeat, it wouldn't have been out of place because it's never out of place to seek answers about how things work and the reality of things. If after Constantinople's defeat, someone demanded where Jesus was and why Jesus didn't help, the questions, if honestly investigated, would have led them to know that Christianity is crap and they would put more time in battle efforts and strategy rather than depend on god to lead them as god led King David. That's the joy of asking and probing. It is okay and right for dorox to ask.

@ bolded
What an irony.

5 Likes

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by NPComplete: 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
prolog2:

You are so stupid that it's a miracle how u woke up and got up from your bed today without tripping all over yourself or walking straight into a bus. There is probably still hope for you.

So you actually believe that no one called into question the validity of Jesus worship after the fall of Constantinople? Really? Even the muslims that conquered Constantinople? My guy stop making a fool of yourself online.

Also we are not unaware of your subtle attempts to show off your knowledge of history by bringing up Constantinople and other places. We are unimpressed. Nothing you have said is new to anyone. The mere fact that you are unable to table your logic and reply @dorox appropriately but now instead regurgitating history you have learnt by rote is moronic and sad frankly.

When you start making sense we will let you know.

2 Likes

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Martinez19(m): 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
NPComplete:

You are so stupid that it's a miracle how u woke up and got up from your bed today without tripping all over yourself or walking straight into a bus. There is probably still hope for you.

So you actually believe that no one called into question the validity of Jesus worship after the fall of Constantinople? Really? Even the muslims that conquered Constantinople? My guy stop making a fool of yourself online.

Also we are not unaware of your subtle attempts to show off your knowledge of history by bringing up Constantinople and other places. We are unimpressed. Nothing you have said is new to anyone. The mere fact that you are unable to table your logic and reply @dorox appropriately but now instead regurgitating history you have learnt by rote is moronic and sad frankly.

Don't mind him, the minority have been questioning religion since the very beginning. How did he know no one attacked Jesus even in the privacy of their bedroom? He is a sad case.

1 Like

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Fash20: 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
lie upon lie upon lie upon lie
Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by dalaman: 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2018
pleasureosondu:

So with all the juju Edo people have , the state still remains a cesspool abi?

When will they use their juju to better their lives and make Edo the economic hub of Africa.

Show me one thing of note that juju has done for the people of Edo state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by dalaman: 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
NPComplete:

Thank you!!!

There's always nothing to see only them say them say old wife tales.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by vaxx: 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2018
Yes. Juju by nature is unexplainable.hopefuLanlord ask me similar question which I intentionally avoid because The only objective evident fact is that it involves a force which is beyond human perception.

So it is both subjective opinions and objective facts based on evidence, which are separated.

The objective fact of the matter is that science is merely observation by human faculties; sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch and the interpretation of it according to a scientist's intellect.

To limit existence only to what is perceived is a fallacy. Science itself is not an objectively absolute truth and it contradicts or disproves itself from time to time. in fact science will become boring if there is no more question to ask..The world of metaphysical creatures is beyond the scope of science because man doesn not posses that ability .

The act of juju actually is rendered by a human being, the babalawo or whatever it is called in your native language .but How did he go about it? That is what we cannot empirically grasp....

But my answer is that, it is subject to one's beliefs. And secular individual simply wouldn't know how. And i vaxx of course cannot see the creatures working for the babalawo .According to my own beliefs, i can subjectively deduce that there is extra assistance from mystical creature.. And can arrive at this conclusion to the exclusion of any other possibility. For example simple leaves had been use to heal orthopaedic patient in my own very eye in (Ile arogun) a local house where damaged bones are treated.how the leaves works , I don't know but it perfectly heal the broken leg back to normal. You can try and do the observation yourself. Visit Ile arogun close to you.

And as such, I will say juju can also be use for negativity.. Nigeria constitution recognize it and clearly gave a warning regarding it .although it is in objective sense. Therefore it will be logical if government protect society from them as it is done in some part of the world. Like Saudi Arabia and the rest.

Netozii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by hopefulLandlord: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
Martinez19:

Martinez19:

So to answer Dorox's question, you need to explain how a king can possess charms, that supposedly serve protective and offensive in battles, and still be defeated by those who don't believe in charms and depended on physical weapons. That's how to stay on the topic instead of ranting like an unreasonable, bias and bitter man.

Take a bow!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by tonexman18(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
NPComplete:

Chisos. kuku kill me

1 Like

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by dorox(m): 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
prolog2:
What in hell is wrong with you. We fought a war against the British empire and we lost, how does that translate into a humiliating defeat to a handful of white men? And what does religion have to do with losing or winning wars? It is very funny how stupid Nigerians are, my friend if you are in Edo state or Delta state, then please get the hell out, we don't need bastards like you. For your info, all nigerian kingdoms were defeated by the British, meaning that your ancestors were also defeated. Why don't you talk about the humiliating defeat of your own ancestors by a handful of white bastards? Also for your info the brits had lots of white soldiers and even way more black canon fodders and machine guns and bazookas. I just wonder what kind of couple of drunks produced you. Even the brits acknowledge and respect that fight, but you bastard, you have to open your dirty mouth.

I can see from your response to my post that you didn't understand what I said, and I can also see from your response to Martinez19 and NPComplete that you might actually have problems with comprehension. This is why I will just let you be.

By the way, throwing a tantrum like a petulant child is not how you should join any discussion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2018
NPComplete:

says the fool who went and called himself NPcomplete. I wasn't trying to impress by my knowledge of history, I was giving examples to illustrate my point. A fool who has just learnt the existence of maths logics won't understand this. Try formalizing category theory, then we can talk, fool.
Re: Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? by hopefulLandlord: 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
prolog2:
says the fool who went and called himself NPcomplete. I wasn't trying to impress by my knowledge of history, I was giving examples to illustrate my point. A fool who has just learnt the existence of maths logics won't understand this. Try formalizing category theory, then we can talk, fool.

Can we have a civil discussion?

Dorox is asking where those charm juju black magic powers were when military weapons were used on the Benin people by their pink skinned slave masters

What do you say to that? I know you've said so many things but they're too emotionally ladened and bothers on insulting so what's your point exactly?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? / Why Do We Blame The Devil For Our Misdeeds? / God Is Literally A Stupid Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.