Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos (35346 Views)

Police Officers Cry Out As Soldiers Attack Police Base, Injure Officers In Jos / Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos) / Soldiers Attack Peaceful Shiites Again & Kill A Young Boy In Zaria, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2018
A community was allegedly attacked and razed down by soldiers following the death of one of their colleagues. According to reports, armed militants ambushed soldiers at a checkpoint at Iwukem in the volatile Etim Ekpo council, killing one soldier and five civilians, while two persons sustained injuries. 

In retaliation, a battalion of soldiers from the military base in the state, yesterday, went on rampage, setting shops and houses ablaze in Iwukem. 

It was gathered that the militants stormed the community on Saturday night, and attacked the soldiers stationed in the community to maintain the peace. 

The state’s Police Public Relations Officer, Madcon Ogbechie, who confirmed the incident said: “Investigation is already ongoing and we will get to the bottom of it.” 

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/soldiers-attack-community-in-akwa-ibom-after-death-of-their-colleague-photos.html

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
Mods please verify this report for its validity. This is a very serious matter. We cannot be spreading false stories.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

12 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by psucc(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
If you doubt this story, you must be from America. Any story linking Nigerian Army with destruction should be accepted without question just like saying Lai Mohammed lied.
Bolowolowo:
Mods please verify this report for its validity. This is a very serious matter. We cannot be spreading false stories.

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
for you doubting this story, Vanguard has just reported it.
Bolowolowo:

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by emmie14: 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
But cannot not confronts boko haram and Fulani herdsmen atrocities

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Nigeriadondie: 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
undecided Vandals and thugs in uniform. No wonder Al-Barnawi is killing them like lame ducks.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by centoke30(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2018
only God knows what truly happened
Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
for you doubting this story, Vanguard has just reported it.

Thanks for the verification. This website is notorious for fake news. We must always remain vigilant.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by FarahAideed: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2018
Fulani have killed more Nigerian soldiers than any other tribe yet you will never see them carrying out reprisals againstvthe Fulani

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by HisSexcellency(m): 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2018
The Nigerian military doing what they do best.
Harass civilians, so in their crooked mind the militants are hiding in those places they just burnt down

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Annie939(f): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
there was a country called Nigeria

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Daviddson(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2018
Africans and their barbaric behaviour. Two years ago when a soldier was killed on the streets of London, it was police that handled the case. There was no drafting of military thereafter to wipe out those living around the place. I've yet to read incidents of soldiers in the US, Europe or even Asia harassing civilians let alone "wiping out a community", burning people's houses or even arresting people. That's police job.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Twistsss: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2018
The headline should read 'Northern soldiers attack community in Akwaibom'

32 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by lastmessenger: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
With the way northern soldiers go on rampage to kill innocent southern Nigerians at the slightest provocation, I forsee that a day will come whereby there will be serious disagreement between the southern soldiers and northern soldiers that will lead to a blood bathe in the military formation.
We have have instances of Fulani herdsmen killing soldiers but we have never heard that soldiers went ahead killing fulani and their cows as way to avenge the death of their lost colleague. Nigeria army and the entire security forces in Nigeria is partial in the way the treat Nigerians.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by RussianKGB: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
The cowardly nigerian army will always show might against civilians, never the aggressors.

I wonder where this gallant cowards where when bokoharam took over their military base in yobe and killed dozens of their colleagues.

The worst cowardly military in the universe. .

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Yankee101: 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
Go and attack boko haram.

13 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Nairalandmentor(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
Too bad

Still thinking about creating a website? Get started today! No advance payment required. Check my signature to see my portfolio.
Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by BruncleZuma: 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin

The Nigerian Army today defeated the mighty unarmed civilians...I give tiri gbosa to their dogged gallantry and bravery.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by horsepower101: 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2018
You can all see how bold Nigerian soldiers become once they are dealing with unarmed civilians. Karma is coming

18 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by DonCortino: 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2018
we can all see how bold the NA is when it comes to retaliating in the SS/SE region. angry
many soldiers were killed and hundreds still missing somewhere in Boko haram territory, no retaliation yet.

buhari/buratai sends ill equipped christian soldiers to be killed in the north east while they send their jihad supporting soldiers down south to kill Christians at d slightest provocation.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by sureheaven(m): 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nigerian army are devilish and senseless...

People shld do away from killing their men, they know nothing than kill the citizen they claim they’re protecting.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by mightguy(m): 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
Zoogeria soldiers as usual flexing muscles when they see civilians but bcome scared when they confront boko haram.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by loveth360(f): 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
nigeria soldier ants are only good in attacking unarmed people

how many times have they attack boko haram for killing their colleagues.

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Princedapace(m): 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
Daviddson:
Africans and their barbaric behaviour. Two years ago, a soldier was killed on the streets of London, it was police that handled the case. There was no drafting of military thereafter to wipe out those living around the place. I've yet to read incidents of soldiers in the US, Europe or even Asia harassing civilians let alone "wiping out a community", or at least burning their houses.

My brother, God must tell me why He created me in Nigeria..

The type of things that happen here eh.. I just cant explain.. Abeg, u dey away? I won port.

Nigeria is a crazy society. U can only be mad to survive here..

Don't be surprised if u see so many people supporting this acts.. This act happens regularly here..

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by lonelydora: 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2018
They only become combatants when dealing with civilians who bears no arms. They should go to North East and test their powers.

Ordinary Shekau's apprentice who are still learning how to shoot guns kill them like chickens. They should go and face BHT or ND militants nah.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Chiedu4Trump: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
Boko Haram are killing them and these cowardly soliders do nothing.

Its the unarmed southerners that they harrass!

This murderous Zoo must fall

17 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by Charly68: 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2018
They have murdered sleep
Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by mightguy(m): 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2018
horsepower101:
You can all see how bold Nigerian soldiers become once they are dealing with unarmed civilians. Karma is coming
don't mind the zombies. They turn into Jackie Chan when they see innocent civilians but sshit in their pant when they see boko

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by naijacentric(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
FarahAideed:
Fulani have killed more Nigerian soldiers than any other tribe yet you will never see them carrying out reprisals againstvthe Fulani
they did recently in benue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by sorry1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
shocked

It's after reading news like this that i start advocating for independent state of biafra... These soldiers will be killed, maimed and disposed in North east by Boko Haram and mayetti allah, but they will do nothing but once they move down south, just a small protest from the locals, they will raze down houses and it's occupants and to top it up, if you talk, some stupid afonjas will start labelling you enemy of the state and that leaves me wondering the kinda people i share this geographical space with

By the way, they will still deny this attack. angry angry angry

13 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos by omocalabar(m): 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
shebi if Boko Haram kill them una go type R I P

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Learns The "Dab" Dance (photos) / Buhari Issues Quit Notice To Ikpeazu, Declares Ogah Next Abia Governor (video) / 2023: Why Picking Wike As Atiku's Running Mate Will Help PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.