Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

What Will Happen To Their Ministries? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Happen To Their Ministries? (1865 Views)

Photos: Hilarious Names Of Churches/ Ministries / Salvation Ministries Port Harcourt is a FRAUD!!! / Apostle Johnson Suleman Of Omega Fire Ministries Is A Spiritualist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by MOG2009: 12:38am On Jun 18, 2010
What will happen to the ministries of these men of God, if they are called home to be with the Lord such as G.O, Oyedepo, Pastor Chris, Adefarasin?
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by petres007(m): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2010
Die?? Die ke?? shocked shocked shocked

@Poster,

Why you dey talk like dis na? cheesy

E be like say you know understand. . . grin grin grin
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by MOG2009: 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2010
Hoops! my bad.   embarassed embarassed embarassed

U no go die? Even Jesus self die before he resurrect.
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by Joagbaje(m): 1:56am On Jun 19, 2010
John 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

The generation that will believe this truth is the generation that will see the rapture
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by MOG2009: 5:00am On Jun 19, 2010
@Joagbaje, do you mean this guys will never die and they will live forever and ever on earth.  Where is Archbishop Idahosa?  What happen to his ministry?
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by Mudley313: 8:43am On Jun 19, 2010
What will happen to the ministries business empires of these men of God, if they are called home to be with the Lord such as G.O, Oyedepo, Pastor Chris, Adefarasin?

Corrected

Answer: They will be inherited by immediate family members (a la idahosa) like most business enterprises
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by MOG2009: 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2010
@ Mudley313, food for thought. So, what about associate pastors, assistant pastors and area pastors or other local pastors?
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by petres007(m): 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2010
MOG2009:

Hoops! my bad.   embarassed embarassed embarassed

U no go die? Even Jesus self die before he resurrect.

My guy, you didn't get me,

what I meant was that how can they die, after building all these super business empires here on earth?? grin shocked grin Say wetin happun?? grin

You know, the more I look at these men, the more convinced I am that they know something Jesus & the apostles didn't. In the light of these men dem their theology, can you imagine what the small boy Jesus said in Matthew 6: 19-21 (MNT)

19 "Store up for yourselves no treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break through and steal;

20 "but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consume, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.

21 "For wherever your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by nuclearboy(m): 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2010
Petres:

You are looking for trouble O! Have you forgotten "Touch not my anointed etc". And today's revelation knowledge is greater than what Jesus knew grin

There's a way out and the MOGs know it - they'll sin so much God will be so angry that He'll throw them past hell in anger. SOLVED!
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 19, 2010
@op. Christ is the head of the church. Most GO.s knows that thats y they ve started preparing their successors like christ did with Peter. 'He said feed my sheep' most of them will do likewise
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by Mudley313: 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
MOG2009:

@ Mudley313, food for thought. So, what about associate pastors, assistant pastors and area pastors or other local pastors?

they will remain in their position as associate, assistant and area pastors unless they find it in them to go open their own ministry business enterprise, if not they will remain subject to either the wife or son of the deceased man of god dog
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by petres007(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2010
nuclearboy:

Petres:

You are looking for trouble O! Have you forgotten "Touch not my anointed etc".

Touch not my anointed ko, touch not my anointed ni  grin

nuclearboy:

And today's revelation knowledge is greater than what Jesus knew  grin

This is really sad. A brother in church was gisting us last sunday that he was discussing with a friend about these issues and after showing enough scriptures to show that Oyaks' theology is full of unbiblical & damnable crap, the fellow just shook his head and said he'd rather stick with Oyaks, even if he's lying!  shocked shocked shocked

Another brother in church once gisted me while we were in a bus about a similar scenario but the response was slightly different this time. The person this time said Oyaks has fresh revelations that the apostles didnt have.  .  . that their time was 200 years ago and revelation has "progressed".  shocked shocked shocked

nuclearboy:

There's a way out and the MOGs know it - they'll sin so much God will be so angry that He'll throw them past hell in anger. SOLVED!

No wonder dem dey so confident  shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by MOG2009: 11:27pm On Jun 19, 2010
huh! revelation grin grin
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by Joagbaje(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2010
@MOG2009

MOG2009:

@Joagbaje, do you mean this guys will never die and they will live forever and ever on earth. Where is Archbishop Idahosa? What happen to his ministry?

The point is , Death is a choice. Pastor Chris is not planning on death. neigher Im i planning to die. If you believe in the message , You will reign over death. Death is an enemy of God. The generation that believe this truth is the generation that will see the rapture.

If a man of God dies, It is based on what he believes. Death will rule over a man that believes in death. Enoch went by rapture, Elijah went by rapture .I go by rapture.
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by MOG2009: 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2010
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? [/color]

If a man of God dies, It is based on what he believes. Death will rule over a man that believes in death. Enoch went by rapture, Elijah went by rapture .I go by rapture.

[/quote]

[quote author=Joagbaje link=topic=464748.msg6259984#msg6259984 date=1277192871]
@MOG2009

The point is , Death is a choice. Pastor Chris is not planning on death. neigher Im i planning to die. If you believe in the message , You will reign over death. Death is an enemy of God. The generation that believe this truth is the generation that will see the rapture.

[color=#990000]John 11:26

@Joagbaje, I  laff so tah, water dey comot for my eyes and mouth grin grin grin grin grin!!!

Death is inevitable . Gen 3:19, “By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return".  1 Corinthians 5:10, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad”.  Hebrews 9:27, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (KJV).
However, If Pastor Chris, G.O and Oyedapo like prayed till tomorrow. This would change anything.
The issue of rapture is different.
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by petres007(m): 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2010
Joagbaje:

@MOG2009

[b]The point is , Death is a choice.

Utter hogwash! Death is no choice. And no where does the bible say it is.

You people can delude yourselves all you want. Every one (except the "lucky" ones who'll be alive the return of Christ) will die.

Secondly, if you highly enlightened MOGs like the ones folks like you worship can choose when to die, then MOGs like "papa" Hagin and "papa" Idahosa would still be alive today. As it happened, none of them were ready for it when it came knocking.

Superhuman people for mouth!  grin grin grin

Joagbaje:

[/b]Pastor Chris is not planning on death.

I can assure you he never will. Not with the super pyramid scheme he has in place. grin grin grin

Joagbaje:

neigher Im i planning to die.

You know you don't have to. When the time is right, death will come for you both. As it has everyone who has ever walked this planet.

Joagbaje:

If you believe in the message , You will reign over death.

What message are you referring to, sir? Its definitely not the gospel of Jesus Christ as presented in the bible.

Joagbaje:

Death is an enemy of God. The generation that believe this truth is the generation that will see the rapture.

And how & when exactly does the bible say this enemy of God will be dealt with?

1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
(KJV)

Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Re 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Until then, good sir, you pastor chris and all other MOGs who have their heads in the clouds regarding death had better put your houses in order. It'll come when the time is right. grin grin grin

Joagbaje:

The generation that believe this truth is the generation that will see the rapture.

Please provide book chapter and verse for this. Thanx. cool
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by nuclearboy(m): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2010
Joagbaje:

@MOG2009

FANTASTIC! Peter did not believe. Paul did not believe. James (aka baby-teeth) did not believe. In effect, none of those who walked with Jesus and died for His Gospel believed.

ONLY Joagbaje and Chris Oyaks "believe". All hail the perfect believers.
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by KunleOshob(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2010
^^^
I don't know why you guys are bothering to reply joagbaje, isn't it obvious he, oyaks and all the deluded lost souls in CEC plc desperately need help? Isn't it glàring that what they preach is another "gospel" contrary to apostolic teachings? Didn't the apostles warn us of such charlatans?
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by petres007(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2010
MOG2009:

However, If Pastor Chris, G.O and Oyedapo like prayed till tomorrow. This would change anything.

MOG2009,

pastor JoeAgbaje said nothing about dem praying o. He said its simply a matter of choice!  shocked

So he and the other MOGs dem don't need to pray, they just need to choose to stay alive for as long as they want to!  grin grin grin

nuclearboy:

FANTASTIC! Peter did not believe. Paul did not believe. James (aka baby-teeth) did not believe. In effect, none of those who walked with Jesus and died for His Gospel believed.

These goons don't even stop for a minute to consider the consequences of the rubbish they teach. Oyaks already said in one of his TV sermons that James didn't know "how the Kingdom functioned", and that's why he got killed by Herod.

nuclearboy:

ONLY Joagbaje and Chris Oyaks "believe". All hail the perfect believers.

Abi o, all hail the perfect superhuman believers!
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by petres007(m): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2010
KunleOshob:

^^^
I don't know why you guys are bothering to reply joagbaje, isn't it obvious he, oyaks and all the deluded lost souls in CEC plc desperately need help? Isn't it glàring that what they preach is another "gospel" contrary to apostolic teachings? Didn't the apostles warn us of such charlatans?

Its obvious. My problem with them is that they continue to label it "Christianity" undecided
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by MOG2009: 1:27am On Jun 23, 2010
@KunleOshob and Petres_007, true talk. I just wondered. I dey sit don and look!!!
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by Joagbaje(m): 3:57am On Jun 23, 2010
God didnt create death, Death was a result of sin. Both physiscal and spiritual death. spiritual death brought physical death , spirtual life also has brought immortality. He has abolished death.

2 Tim. 1:10
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Jesus died for our sins, and gave us dominion over sin.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

The fact that someone sin now does not make sin right. The more a man walk in truth the less mistakes he makes.

Likewise Jesus died for our sickness, pain and death. The fact that people false sick doesnt make sickness right.Thesame goes for death.

Sin,sickness,poverty and death should not reign over us.

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

That is why the message of the life in christ has to spread, the more you believe in this truth , the more truth you walk in.

John 11:25-26
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: [26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Why not take time to understand what Jesus is communicating to anyone who will dare to believe this truth.
In my personal opinion, I believe this was what Pauls was refering to in Philipians.

Philip. 3:10-12
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; [11] If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. [12] Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Are you aware that Paul actually died and came back?

Acts 14:19-20
And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead. [20] Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city:

The Greek word for "rose" Anistemi; means rising from the ground and rising from the dead.
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by Zikkyy(m): 10:01am On Jun 23, 2010
Joagbaje:

This is news to me Jo.
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by petres007(m): 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
Joagbaje:

Acts 14:19-20
    And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, [size=14pt]supposing he had been dead[/size]. [20] Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city:

The Greek word for "rose" Anistemi; means rising from the ground and rising from the  dead.

@JoeAgbaje,

I really don't get how you fellows read.

Did you not read there that it was the fellows who attacked Paul that thought he was dead??

How does that translate into Paul being dead and later rising from the dead??

Where does it say that was what happened??

Why do you keep on forcing your silly ideas into the scriptures?

How do you feel comfortable doing that?? 
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by nuclearboy(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
^^ They "supposed" he was dead meant they THOUGHT WRONGLY that he was dead. Thats High School class 2 english and elementary.

anistemi

; to stand up (literally or figuratively, transitively or intransitively): - arise, lift up, (raise up (again), stand up(-right)

from Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries

"anistemi"'s meaning is above. Which would mean those who stoned Paul thought he was dead but after they left, he got up again

All this misinterpreting to turn Paul into another "Lord" is not good. Please stop it.
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by Joagbaje(m): 11:24am On Jun 24, 2010
The stoning of Paul was not like a man chasing a goat away from the compund with stone. It was execution. Sharia . It was a death sentence  and not a wounding sentence. just as stephen was executed. The keep stoning until the individual dies . They have to be sure he was dead before throwing away the body. Thesame way James the brother of Jesus was killed by stoning and when he refused to die , someone smashed his head with a big stone befiore disposing the body. When you carry out execution ,you must ensure the person dies, if not its not execution.

Living bible gives more insight .

ACT 14:19 (TLB)
Yet only a few days later, some jews arrived from Antioch and Iconium and turned the crowds into a murderous mod that stoned Paul and draggged him out of the city, apparently dead 20. But as believers stood around him, he got up and went back into the city

Two things Jesus assured those who will believe in the resurrection life.

1. They will not die.
2. If they die, they will rise up  again. if they believe.

These two were evident in Paul's.ministry. When he was bitten by serpent  , people expected him to die. but the resurrection life kept him alive from death. And when he finally exprerience death through stoning execution, He was brought back alive by the prayer of the brethren. It is very evident that the rising up of Paul was based on the prayers of the saints that gather arround him.

Acts 14:20
   Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city: and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.

We have to come to a place where we can take the word for what it says.

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: [26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

I BELIEVE THOU THIS!
[size=13pt][/size]
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by ttalks(m): 11:52am On Jun 24, 2010
Joagbaje:

The stoning of Paul was not like a man chasing a goat away from the compund with stone. It was execution. Sharia . It was a death sentence and not a wounding sentence. just as stephen was executed. The keep stoning until the individual dies . They have to be sure he was dead before throwing away the body. Thesame way James the brother of Jesus was killed by stoning and when he refused to die , someone smashed his head with a big stone befiore disposing the body. When you carry out execution ,you must ensure the person dies, if not its not execution.

Living bible gives more insight .

ACT 14:19 (TLB)
Yet only a few days later, some jews arrived from Antioch and Iconium and turned the crowds into a murderous mod that stoned Paul and draggged him out of the city, apparently dead 20. But as believers stood around him, he got up and went back into the city

Two things Jesus assured those who will believe in the resurrection life.

1. They will not die.
2. If they die, they will rise up again. if they believe.

These two were evident in Paul's.ministry. When he was bitten by serpent , people expected him to die. but the resurrection life kept him alive from death. And when he finally exprerience death through stoning execution, He was brought back alive by the prayer of the brethren. It is very evident that the rising up of Paul was based on the prayers of the saints that gather arround him.

Acts 14:20
Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city: and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.

We have to come to a place where we can take the word for what it says.

I BELIEVE THOU THIS!
[size=13pt][/size]

Oga sir, go and brush up your english language.

Do you know the meaning of apparently?

Apparent:

Appearing as such but not necessarily so

. . . from WordWeb dictionary

Conclusion: Paul appeared to be dead, but was not dead.
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by nuclearboy(m): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2010
^^^ Matter CONCLUDED - He was NOT dead.

This is the type of deliberate mis-interpretation that CE has become famous for. How do you re-invent meanings with a steady eye? You guys are a wonderment (!?*)
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by Enigma(m): 11:56am On Jun 24, 2010
E pass Joagbaje? What do you expect other than for him to be talking through his backside?
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by ttalks(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2010
Chris Oyaks words are definitely a logic virus.
Only those without the most powerful firewalls(such as Baba Jo) are susceptible to be corrupted
by their destructive tendencies.

grin
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by nuclearboy(m): 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2010
^^ My only query is - does he truly believe these things or is it the fear of losing his job/salary/whatever that makes him defend such horrendous ideas?
Re: What Will Happen To Their Ministries? by ttalks(m): 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^ My only query is - does he truly believe these things or is it the fear of losing his job/salary/whatever that makes him defend such horrendous ideas?

I guess it's a combo/combination of the two.

At one point, it seems like the former; where he vehemently defends the glaringly wrong.
At another point, it seems like the latter where he mellows down a bit but still never admits being wrong.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Things That Can Distract Your Walk With GOD / US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay / What Is The Importance Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.