Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women (818 Views)

Hilarious Pictures Of Men In The Labour Room / Growing Up As A Young Boy, HOUSE CHORES & FAMILY: Men Vs Women / Hilarious Photos Of Men Shopping With Their Wives, Can You Relate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women by xazanderfex(m): 2:56am On Jul 31, 2018
i was in a discussion with someone lately when she said with an intimidating boldness that there are more women than men in the world. And more often than i can recall, i have had people make such claims like.... you know there are more women than men in the world, so hold you man tight. or, you know men are scares, there are more women than men in the world... and those kind of stuffs. These comments, most times, are intended to make ladies stick with guys they don't like, or endure abusive relation or sometimes just to buttress a point of view.

but is it really true? are there really more women than men in the world?

The number of men and women in the world is roughly equal, though men hold a slight lead with 102 men for 100 women (in 2015). More precisely, out of 1,000 people, 504 are men (50.4%) and 496 are women (49.6%). For every 100 girls, 107 boys are born, but males have a higher risk of dying than females, both in childhood and at adult ages. So at a certain age, the numbers of men and women even out.

The total female population worldwide is about 49.6%, or about 3.52 billion. (on a scale of about 7.6billion people). However, this distribution is not even in all the countries. some countries tend to have more women than men while for others, its more men than women.

For example, they have for many years had a one baby policy in China due to overpopulation (not sure if its still in practice now). Furthermore, taking into account Chinese tradition putting more weight in importance on sons than daughters (family pride and ability to provide for the family), they may have more males than females in China. And China being the country with the largest population this might alter the global gender distribution somewhat.
Also, abortions may occur along sexual lines where the female fetus are terminated and males kept.

so with china having a great percentage of the worlds population (for one single country), its evident that this trend will continue for a long while. now considering some other nations

starting with our dearest naija
Nigeria 50.9% men and 49.1% female
ethiopia 50%: 50%
india 51.7 : 48.3
USA 49.2 ; 50.8
germany 49.1 : 50.9
china 51.8 : 48.2 etc

for a country like Nigeria, a 1.8% difference is a huge population considering our enormous population. thats more than 3 million men in excess of women. This means that a state like Bayelsa will have its total population as men with zero female.

for my source: i got the info from different online sources and so won't be nice to just quote one source. but in case you doubt it, please hit the search engine and knock yourself out

2 Likes

Re: Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women by cococandy(f): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2018
Tell those “men are scarce” chanters . They can keep consoling themselves

1 Like

Re: Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women by bukatyne(f): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2018
cococandy:
Tell those “men are scarce” chanters . They can keep consoling themselves

I have never believed in the scarcity of men; it is just that as a woman gets older, the pool of men interested tightens and the likelihood of her getting the exact man she wants reduces. There are exceptions like celebrities, exceptionally beautiful/ powerful women and just exceptions.

It is almost same for a guy especially if he doesn't have the financial strength to choose.

Also, the financial situation in Nigeria means people are marrying later and a lot of guys don't even have a source of livelihood to survive talkless marriage.

I also believe that almost all women interested in getting married will do so.

1 Like

Re: Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women by Prognose: 10:10am On Jul 31, 2018
xazanderfex:

for my source: i got the info from different online sources and so won't be nice to just quote one source. but in case you doubt it, please hit the search engine and knock yourself out

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women by Goddyss(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
You people should keep deceiving yourselves with an estimated biased statistics.
Re: Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women by peacengine(m): 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
I've seen these stats before
Re: Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women by xazanderfex(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
peacengine:
I've seen these stats before

great, then you are among the few. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women by xazanderfex(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
Goddyss:
You people should keep deceiving yourselves with an estimated biased statistics.

hmm...estimated based statistics?
ok, but are data from census false?
some developed contries don't even need a census because they have accurate data of its populace. Or are they false?

or you just like using that line that ..men are scares to break ladies defence undecided grin grin

1 Like

Re: Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women by Almaiga: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
Well, I think there are more women than men in our present Nigeria. The rate at which the female babies are birthed is higher compared to the male babies.
When you check around your neighborhood, from friends, family's, relatives, and neighbors. There are more female babies than males.
Re: Demystified: Population Of Men Vs Women by themayor4542(m): 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
I once had an argument with some people here on this very forum about the population of males to female in Nigeria. I am of the opinion that the number of males are greater than that of the females. I haven't travel out of this country, so its difficult to know what's obtainable in other nations. But as far as Nigeria is concerned, I can boldly say that the number of males is greater than that of the females. Even in my immediate family setup. Males have a upper hand. I want you to look closely at here on Nairaland, there's a golf in difference in the number of males to female. There are several instances to demonstrate that the population of males is more than the females folks. But I'll stop here for now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hallelujah! Join Me To Praise God For His Kindness! / The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It / Kidney Disease Patient’s Husband Flees-Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.