Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

You Must Learn To Listen - John 2, Isaiah 30:21 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Must Learn To Listen - John 2, Isaiah 30:21 (245 Views)

1 John 2:18 "Even Now Many Antichrists Have Come" / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / Why You Must Develop Your Sensitivity To The Holy Spirit - 1 John 2:21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Must Learn To Listen - John 2, Isaiah 30:21 by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 31, 2018
You must practice the discipline of hearing. Have you watched two people talking and sharing testimonies and noticed that they are not listening to each other? One is just waiting for the other to finish so he can start to say his own.

Jesus said one of the secrets of His success is, “As I hear, so I speak.” When they needed a miracle in John 2 where Jesus turned water to wine, you know He gave us a key to success in life: “Whatsoever He tells you to do, do it”. You must learn to listen to God, listen to critical voices around you and learn to listen to messengers that God sends across your way. Some of us need to listen to our body. Pain is a voice in your body telling you something is amiss somewhere in your body.

If you will develop hearing, you must learn to listen. You can’t hear without listening. The Bible says “You shall hear a voice behind you saying this is the way.” Learn to expose yourself to people that hear God regularly, people that are speaking from God and people that are hearing from God. They will awaken your own inner ears.

The Bible tells us to be swift to hear and slow to speak because many people are swift to speak but slow to hear. David said once has God spoken, twice have I heard. He was a champion in life. Don’t let anybody speak twice before you hear once. To listen, you must learn to keep quiet or shut up where it matters.

PRAYER: Lord, I pray for grace to listen- to be quick to hear and slow to talk when it matters. Circumcise my ears in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 2 Chronicles 29:1-36, Romans 14:1-23, Psalm 24:1-10, Proverbs 20:12

Rev. Olusola Areogun

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bible Stories (48): Jacob Returns Home To Isaac / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/08/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/08/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.