Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/08/18 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/08/18 (244 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/08/2021 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/08/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/08/18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/08/18 by WildChild00(m): 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/08/18 by WildChild00(m): 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
Sing hymn 2
I NEED THEE EVERY
HOUR
I need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.

Chorus
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior!
I come to Thee

I need Thee every hour,
Stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power
When Thou art nigh.

I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.

I need Thee every hour,
Teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises
In me fulfil.

I need Thee every hour
Most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine Indeed,
Thou blessed Son.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/08/18 by WildChild00(m): 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
Open Heaven 8 August 2018: [Wednesday] Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye
The Government of Self
THE GOVERNMENT OF SELF – Wednesday August 8th 2018
Memorise: And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Read: Luke 15:11-21 (KJV)
11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
Bible in one year: Job 21-24, Matthew 15:21-16:4, Hymnal: Sing hymn 2
The story of the prodigal son can aptly be summarised as what happens under the government of self. Although man was created to have dominion, he was not created to be governed by self. This truth accounts for the instructions God gave to man in Genesis 2:15-17:

“And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”

Sing hymn 2
I NEED THEE EVERY
HOUR
I need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.

Chorus
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior!
I come to Thee

I need Thee every hour,
Stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power
When Thou art nigh.

I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.

I need Thee every hour,
Teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises
In me fulfil.

I need Thee every hour
Most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine Indeed,
Thou blessed Son.

(1) (Reply)

Shake It Off / Maximizing The Measure Of Your Faith (3) - Matthew 17:20; Romans 12:3 / Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Saviour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.