Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,184 members, 7,825,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport (41241 Views)

81-Year-Old Ohio Man Shoots Uber Driver Over Scam Allegations (Video) / Stella Okotie, UNIBEN Staff Killed, 1 Injured As Police Chase Driver Over N100 / Stray Bullet From Police Pursuing Driver Over N50 Hits Man In Rivers (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Sparkle777(f): 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
Terrible, I have never encountered SARS in a negative way but the way guys dey complain abt dem don dey vex me. On a good side, I have seen them confront armed robbers,they did well that day.
Now to the Taxify driver, it is compulsory to have a sound car,he should have checked the car properly before going out. I would have also suspected them if i was the Alice woman too. He also has his blame..

Hmmmn, una hatred for SARS blocked off una reasoning. Let's hear from the other side. All this small small kids here. Security job is a stressful job. Those bashing, take a chill pill. Let me post the IG's number to report any unruly SARS officer at the bottom.
Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Buffalowings3(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
10million. sad sad sad

100 million joor

Let them know you mean business cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by idu1(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ogun and amadioha can settle this matter if am the man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Taiwo20(m): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
only one thing is needed here....get their name....take them to arochukwu juju.....they will not die but will nearly eat shit,

1 Like

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Tracypacy(f): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
Dear Nigerian Police and SARS esp, I found a bible portion written just for you this morning

"And the soldiers likewise demanded of him saying, what shall we do? He he said into them, do violence to no man neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages" Luke 3:14

3 Likes

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Tracypacy(f): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
Dear Nigerian Police and SARS esp, I found a bible portion written just for you this morning

"And the soldiers likewise demanded of him saying, what shall we do? He he said into them, do violence to no man neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages" Luke 3:14
Nogodye:
End SARs or deploy them to Benue, Zamfara or Taraba now...Useless people
Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Jabioro: 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
A simple case of theft that supposed to be handled by a division.The strange man that came to help and left at full glance of that crazy woman power misroad madam,there are cases that are not ought to have been given at attention at police command.Now the bag has been found,how are they going to compesate the innocent driver..the man knows those police men that tortured him and their boss should stop playing prank.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by eodavids(m): 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
konkonbilo:
cry These another lesson to uber,taxify and the rest drivers...we learn everyday..

I'd suggested people doing this kind of work get a note book or a log book designed for customers loads and luggages where by ur passengers sign before entering ur cab the amount of load,bags etc she's bringing into you cab to prevent this kind of incident...

On point!

Really, its important the commercial drivers clearly note the numbers of items belonging to their passenger while they are being loaded into the taxi, and the passenger needs to sign in order to prevent counter claim at dropping point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Rotji(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
This man na mumu o, why should he be demanding for only 10m naira?! He should ask for 100m then the madam and SARRS eyes go clear. Before manhandling the man, they should have 1st gone to the Airport to check. Imagine the Police still calling it stolen bag even after establishing that it was forgotten at the Airport. Nigerians no dey deal with them thats why dem dey get mind to dey do all this nonsense angry undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by jeronimo(m): 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2018
Sparkle777:
Terrible, I have never encountered SARS in a negative way but the way guys dey complain abt dem don dey vex me. On a good side, I have seen them confront armed robbers,they did well that day.
Now to the Taxify driver, it is compulsory to have a sound car,he should have checked the car properly before going out. I would have also suspected them if i was the Alice woman too. He also has his blame..

please.

2 Likes

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by lurvy: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
Rotji:
This man na mumu o, why should he be demanding for only 10m naira?! He should ask for 100m then the madam and SARRS eyes go clear. Before manhandling the man, they should have 1st gone to the Airport to check. Imagine the Police still calling it stolen bag even after establishing that it was forgotten at the Airport. Nigerians no dey deal with them thats why dem dey get mind to dey do all this nonsense angry undecided

Not just that, the police CSP should be a comedian...in one breath he said the victim was roughened up a bit by a mob and in another breath he claims they are investigating and looking for the mob who ATTACKED the victim... What a shame to the Nigeria police force.!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by TadM: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
in side my real mind. (go to jebu odeh, go and swear better juju; that trailer should crush her waiste and affect her spine).

but what i will tell you. ( forgive her, just pray to God, and file for justice, goto all human right platform to seek justice!)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Rotji(m): 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
Sparkle777:

Madam even a very good car can develop faults sometimes, it is God that saves last last. And seriously didn't the woman see when the mechanic was leaving?! She was just being unnecessarily paranoid. They should compensate the man very well o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by monex(m): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2018
Sparkle777:
it is rational to suspect him but it is also rational to allow normal investigations which include checking the airport.

Cars can mess up anytime

3 Likes

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by mkoabiola: 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
Change a statement from Buhari will ban SARS

But he will never gather d guts as a president to do ban Sars
Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
So from that pictures posted online a whole oga police can still claim he was not tortured.
And that useless, wicked woman can still get mouth to defend herself for forgetting her bag inspite of the fact that the driver insist that he could take her to the airport to look for it.
I hope taxify has a union to take up this man's case. It will be appreciated

4 Likes

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Maximus85(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
winkmart:
A Taxify driver, John Otuechere, who was wrongly accused by his passenger of stealing her bag and eventually tortured by the SARS operatives she reported to, has filed for charges over violation of his human rights.

The driver added that he was arrested, detained and tortured on the order of one Mrs Alice Isah.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Isah who came back into the country from training in Dubai on Sunday, July 15, had called the Taxify driver to pick her up from the Murtala Muhammed International Airport and drop her off at her residence on Lekki Gardens Estate, Lagos State.

Otuechere said while they were on the way, his car developed a fault which prompted him to park to examine the vehicle.

He said:

“We were on the Third Mainland Bridge when my car started making an unusual sound. I did not stop because it was dangerous; so I managed it until we left the bridge.

“I eventually parked beside a RRS Patrol vehicle to examine the car. While examining the car, a guy crossed over from the other side of the road to assist me. I don’t know him, but he said he was a mechanic, and we discovered that only one nut was left holding the tyre to the bolts on the driver side.

“The woman (Isah) at this point got down from the car to observe what was going on. She saw that we had to unscrew one nut from the other tyres to fasten the tyre on the driver side to the vehichle. I gave the man N100 and he crossed back to the other side of the road before we moved on.”

The 37-year-old driver said they had no other stopover till they got to Isah’s residence where they brought down her luggage. He said the passenger, at this point, discovered that one of her bags had gone missing.

Otuechere said he suggested taking her back to the airport to check whether she forgot the bag, adding that instead, Isah accused him of conniving with the mechanic to steal her bag.

He said:

“I told her that I would take her to the airport and back for free, but she insisted that she personally put the bag in the boot of my car.

“She held me and started slapping me, calling me a thief. One of her neighbours and the estate’s chief security officer accompanied her, and I was taken to the Ogombo Police Station.

“The second day, when the policeman who investigated the case suggested that we searched for the bag at my house and the airport, she said he was supporting me and she petitioned the state police command and the case was transferred to Ikeja.

“Immediately I got to SARS in Ikeja, a policeman, identified as Omoleme, hit me many times with an iron bar to make me confess in the presence of the woman. He said he would kill me and nothing would happen. I was in tears because of the pain; my blood was all over the floor and I was told to pull off my dress and start cleaning it.

“I was taken to the man in charge of SARS; when I tried to explain to him that I was innocent, he ordered his men to hang me because I was not saying the truth.

“SARS cell is a graphic picture of hell; I saw over 70 people inside one room and immediately I entered, I was welcomed with several blows, slaps and kicks.”

The Abia State indigene said it took the intervention of his lawyer before the SARS operatives agreed to search for the bag at the airport.

He added that the bag was eventually found and recovered at the airport where the woman forgot it.

Otuechere, whose two fingers had been broken during the torture, said he wanted justice and compensation for being humiliated and tortured for a crime he did not commit.

He said:

“When my lawyer saw my condition, she was annoyed with the officers for torturing me without investigation. She insisted that they should search for the bag at the airport; so a policeman went with my sister. I was told that the bag was found at the airport.

“When they returned, I was released. The woman has not called to apologise; even the officers of SARS did not apologise for torturing me without investigation. I want justice, I demand a written apology from F-SARS and Mrs Alice Isah for wrongful accusation, detention and torture.

“I also demand N10m compensation for my inability to provide for my family because of the torture.

Otuechere’s sister, Chika, said Isah was not remorseful of what she did to her brother after they recovered the bag at the airport.

Chika said:

“When we got to the airport, we went to where they normally put missing luggage. We didn’t even stress ourselves before we found the bag there. The airport officers told us that they picked it on the floor of the airport.

“The woman was not remorseful about what she caused. The SARS officers were even harassing me despite knowing that she was the one who forgot the bag.

“They broke my brother’s fingers because of this issue. I want the government to fight for us. They should end SARS, they are killers.

Isah, however, said she never took the law into her own hand, adding that she involved the police because she needed them to recover her bag which contained vital document.

Isah said:

“The car started jerking on Third Mainland Bridge and he stopped to examine what happened and discovered it was the tyre. I had to tell him to manage it till we left the bridge.

“After disembarking the bridge, one strange guy came and I saw them looking at the tyre. The driver told me that it was some missing nuts that caused the problem.

“When we got to my residence, we could not locate the bag. Because of those two stopovers and the strange fellow, I thought that that was how my back got missing.”

Isah said she reported the case at the Ogombo Police Station, where Otuechere was detained, adding that she reported to SARS because she urgently needed her bag.

“I was the one that went to the SARS to report. When they heard from me and John, they decided that we should go to the airport where the bag was found. I don’t know how to explain how I felt when I saw the bag at the airport. I did not torture him; I only reported the matter to the law enforcement agents because I wanted my bag.

“When we were leaving, they said we should bring our lawyers, so I went there with my lawyer and they exchanged addresses and phone numbers. I have been waiting to hear from my lawyer since then.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relation Officer, CSP Chike Oti, said Otuechere was not tortured.

He said:

“What happened was that a case of stealing was lodged against him at Ogombo division. Before investigation into the case could start, the complainant in the case moved it to another level of police investigation, which is SARS.

“Through diligent investigation by the F-SARS team, the missing bag was recovered. The Taxify driver was subsequently released on administrative bail. I must tell you on good authority that throughout the period of the investigation, he was not tortured by the F-SARS men.

“However, it must be noted that the suspect was roughened up a bit by a mob. For him now to turn around to put any form of blame on the F-SARS men who worked hard to recover the stolen bag is most unfortunate.

“Meanwhile, investigation into the case is still ongoing and efforts are on to identify and arrest the mob that attacked him before he was handed over to the police.”

https://lailasnews.com/sars-operatives-torture-driver-over-lost-bag-but-owner-misplaced-it-at-the-airport/

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by okokobioko1: 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
this man is well known to me he actually gave this testimony in our church MFM. the police should just own up. they were over zealous in the discharge of their duty. but God was there for our brother. he should have asked for 50m damages. may be i will tell him coming this Sunday

3 Likes

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Aystarz: 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
priceaction:
It will be easier for a Carmel to pass through a needle hole than for a Nigerian police man to make heaven. If you have not encountered police mistreatments,that when you will believe such lies, and for that madam that is claiming boss, soon, you will see what passes you. Imagine transferring the case to f SARS. She wants to kill the guy.
And the funniest thing is that ,that bag may just contain powders, lipsticks, foundations, and chewing gums. Useless people.

Just imagine the rubbish. She wouldn't dare try that in the UAE where she came into this shithole of a country.

2 Likes

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by kingthreat(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2018
Some women are really heartless. but Taxify should protect the rights of its drivers. this is just plain unfair

2 Likes

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by OmoOshodi(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
... The man should forget about getting Justice for this Buhari period ...... Nigeria has turned to a lawless country. ..... Mrs Isah no go no peace for her life.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Raskasal(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
Exwizard:
Tell those sars their death follows suite

No. Wonder they keep getting killed mistakenly.

And they shall continue to get killed mistakenly in as much they continue to maltreat innocent citizens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by condomuser: 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
There is no government in this country, we are the government, you provide food for yourself and your family, you provide security, you chase after thieves when they steal from you, when you are accused of being a thief, you accuse the person back of being a thief FULL STOP !!!!
Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by bellville: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
Sparkle777:
cars are machines and can break down anytime. They are unpredictable. We should always be patient in our dealings with people.

2 Likes

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Triniti(m): 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
If anyone makes me go through such pain for something I didn’t do, I will track him/her personally and murder them in cold blood

4 Likes

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2018
how did such a case end up in SARS... ?
Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Unityp: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
Pls take this case to brekete family Human right radio 101.1 fm in Abuja.U will surely get justice.This is so painful.It`s well my brother and God will fight this case for u.

3 Likes

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Ups01(m): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2018
Nigerian Police can LIE!

Please, FG #EndSars once and for all.
Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by kowade: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
we are our own worst enemy. Imagine this demonic Mrs Isah, wonder how she will be dealing with her hubby.
Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by allanphash7(m): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
I hope you read the part where he offered to tale the woman back to the airport free of charge to look for the bag?

You sound inhumane
Sparkle777:

1 Like

Re: SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport by Slymonster(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
obibolamusa:
how did such a case end up in SARS... ?

Isnt that even weird, misplace bag or stolen bag that should be handle by the lower division. Shithole country we are living in.
The guy should thank the lord, there are still good people in the airport who kept that bag at the missing point.

The painful part,we have a weak judiciary that is being destroy by the executives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-banker steals N27m from customer’s account (Pictured) / Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos / Church Elder Kills His Wife In Akwa Ibom, Throws Body Parts Into Dust Bin (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.