Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You (6021 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Job Tips: Why Being Successful In Life Has Nothing At All To Do With Age / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
JOBS TIPS: Perfect Way To Find The Perfect Job For You

Having subscribed for job alerts that interest you, you will have to spend less time going through the gazillion job adverts that are there in a day. Save that time to apply for jobs that you are really interested in and preparing for upcoming interviews which you can use a professional to get you ready through coaching.

Additionally, job alerts will inform you on the sectors that are hiring currently which will give an indication that demand for workers is higher than supply for the workers. Such insight will keep you ahead of the pack by knowing where to channel your job search.

2.Review potential employers

You are there wondering how do you identify a potential employer that you would like to work with? Are they the big shots in their industry the likes of Safaricom PwC or EABL?.

You can get insights on your potential employer by setting alerts on the company to ensure you get their newsletters and don’t miss out on any information they send out.

You can research on a company through its employees who can give you a scoop on the organizational culture, benefits and pay to help you understand if they are a match for you.

Companies reviews are also a good way of identifying if a company is your match depending on what customers and employees say. Review on how often the organization recruits, a company that is on a hiring spree is an indication of financial health.

3.Maximize your networks

Networks have grown to be the biggest key in today’s world. Find the perfect job by maximizing your networks. Your friends, colleagues or family might be knowing of an organization that is looking to fill a certain position, but they have not advertised in the dailies.

Those companies that you have vested interests to work for, you should ensure you have an inside source who will inform you about current openings and you get to strike while it’s hot. Check regularly on the company’s website to see what openings they might have that fits you.

4.Let the perfect job find you

Have that slick CV of yours turned into interviews by a professional. Your qualifications and experience should be able to speak for you. Make use of recruitment firms/portals and upload your CV there for recruiters to see.
By positioning yourself out there, recruiters and potential employers will be able to find you. Ensure that your CV and cover letter are regularly updated to show that you have what they are looking for.

Send us your success stories for publication: admin@jobsportal.com.ng

⚡ CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ >>>>

https://jobsportal.com.ng/jobs-tips-perfect-way-to-find-the-perfect-job-for-you/

SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE EXCLUSIVE UPDATES ⚡
JOBSPORTAL.COM.NG

Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by missyadorable(f): 9:51am On Aug 01, 2018
HAVE CONNECTION.

know someone who knows someone who know an important someone in an Important place.

And you will get your perfect job.

How many likes for me?

1st to comment on a job-related post on the 1st day of a new month which also happens to be my 1st day on a new job.

Happy New Month, Nairalanders.
May all your heart desires be met. Amen.
Cheers

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by raphealolami(m): 9:53am On Aug 01, 2018
are these really tips?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by OreoPaschal(m): 9:53am On Aug 01, 2018
When I am ready to hunt, may God favour me. cry cry
Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by davimus(m): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2018
stc chai we are getting there gradually
Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by qanda: 9:57am On Aug 01, 2018
Good info. Here is a Complementary Advice that will benefit readers - How to Avoid Job Search Burnout

Take your job searching process seriously, but don’t let it take over your life.

When I first found myself unemployed after college, I was so stressed about finding a job quickly that I devoted myself to constantly being on my computer searching and applying for jobs. Every time I was home, my laptop was open with the objective of looking for jobs. It was the first thing I did in the morning and even when I ate or sat down to watch a movie, I had those career sites open next to me. Soon I began to feel that job searching was the only thing I was really doing, and it quickly became discouraging and draining.

My best advice is to devote a few hours every day to the job searching process (preferably around the same time each day so you can develop a routine). The rest of the time you can spend improving your skills, taking courses, practicing hobbies, and enjoying your time with family and friends. This way, you’ll spend time searching and applying for jobs, but you’ll also maintain a healthy balance. It may be hard for you to pull yourself away from job searching after a few hours at first, but it’s better to spend focused, productive time job searching rather than long periods of time where you are tired and wasting time. Trust me, in the long-run you’ll be much happier and you’ll also end up being more productive.

In order to make your time most useful, you should focus your energy on particular tasks each day and organize your time wisely. Set weekly goals for yourself – explore new career websites, make a list of organisation you want to research, find positions you want to apply for, create social networking profiles and network. Unfortunately, you typically have to apply to many job postings before hearing back from one. Try to stay focused and motivated. Keep in mind that you’re not only competing with recent graduates, you’re also competing with professionals of all levels who may have several more years of work experience than you do, so don’t be discouraged if you apply to numerous positions without hearing back.

Take your job searching process seriously, but don’t let it take over your life. Dedicate time to physical fitness and social activities and never underestimate the importance of developing new skills. Enrolling in a relevant course, taking up a new hobby or learning a foreign language will serve as a constructive use of your time and will also help you to become a more marketable candidate.

Remember to be patient and target your job search to the right positions. Stay positive and persevere!

Article Credit: Extract from the Ultimate Student and Graduate Handbook. Access the Book for free on Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Google Playstore.

Important knowledge you would gain from the book
• How to Break into a Career
• 7 deadly Email Sins to Stay away from
• How to turn the Wrong degree into a Right Career
• What to do if you don’t Succeed at First
• Why Nobody Calls you back for a Job Interview Request
• How to replace Objective Statement with a Qualification Profile on Your CV

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by micariice(m): 9:59am On Aug 01, 2018
When you acquire technical skills with natural talent and experience can get you a job from a prospective employer and when they give you the job you will have to prove to them that they are right for giving you the job.
Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by Jamie1(m): 10:01am On Aug 01, 2018
Okay
Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by prettycindy18: 10:03am On Aug 01, 2018
With all the tips, the most important tips are connection and money.
Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by kalu61(m): 10:25am On Aug 01, 2018
missyadorable:
HAVE CONNECTION.

know someone who knows someone who know an important someone in an Important place.

And you will get your perfect job.

How many likes for me?

1st to comment on a job-related post on the 1st day of a new month which also happens to be my 1st day on a new job.

Happy New Month, Nairalanders.
May all your heart desires be met. Amen.
Cheers
Congrats

1 Like

Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:34am On Aug 01, 2018
Nice tips.
Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by Yinxies(f): 10:35am On Aug 01, 2018
Okay. Thank you op

If you need a website for your business, do check my signature
Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by prettyjo(f): 10:40am On Aug 01, 2018
qanda:
Good info. Here is a Complementary Advice that will benefit readers - How to Avoid Job Search Burnout

Take your job searching process seriously, but don’t let it take over your life.

When I first found myself unemployed after college, I was so stressed about finding a job quickly that I devoted myself to constantly being on my computer searching and applying for jobs. Every time I was home, my laptop was open with the objective of looking for jobs. It was the first thing I did in the morning and even when I ate or sat down to watch a movie, I had those career sites open next to me. Soon I began to feel that job searching was the only thing I was really doing, and it quickly became discouraging and draining.

My best advice is to devote a few hours every day to the job searching process (preferably around the same time each day so you can develop a routine). The rest of the time you can spend improving your skills, taking courses, practicing hobbies, and enjoying your time with family and friends. This way, you’ll spend time searching and applying for jobs, but you’ll also maintain a healthy balance. It may be hard for you to pull yourself away from job searching after a few hours at first, but it’s better to spend focused, productive time job searching rather than long periods of time where you are tired and wasting time. Trust me, in the long-run you’ll be much happier and you’ll also end up being more productive.

In order to make your time most useful, you should focus your energy on particular tasks each day and organize your time wisely. Set weekly goals for yourself – explore new career websites, make a list of organisation you want to research, find positions you want to apply for, create social networking profiles and network. Unfortunately, you tipicall have to apply to many job postings before hearing back from one. Try to stay focused and motivated. Keep in mind that you’re not only competing with recent graduates, you’re also competing with professionals of all levels who may have several more years of work experience than you do, so don’t be discouraged if you apply to numerous positions without hearing back.

Take your job searching process seriously, but don’t let it take over your life. Dedicate time to physical fitness and social activities and never underestimate the importance of developing new skills. Enrolling in a relevant course, taking up a new hobby or learning a foreign language will serve as a constructive use of your time and will also help you to become a more marketable candidate.

Remember to be patient and target your job search to the right positions. Stay positive and persevere!

Article Credit: Extract from the Ultimate Student and Graduate Handbook. Access the Book for free on Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Google Playstore.

Important knowledge you would gain from the book
• How to Break into a Career
• 7 deadly Email Sins to Stay away from
• How to turn the Wrong degree into a Right Career
• What to do if you don’t Succeed at First
• Why Nobody Calls you back for a Job Interview Request
• How to replace Objective Statement with a Qualification Profile on Your CV
spot on,
I love this

1 Like

Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by Horlamidei(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2018
Ogbeni, one has been doing all these! You get to interview thinking you are the best candidate and minutes later, you start seeing your mates and professionals flooding in for that same interview well prepared like you do and with this your same tip. Employers start looking for who to employ cause you all fit in the vacant position and ends up in connection on who has long leg.
Ogbeni, this is Nigeria in Falz voice!

2 Likes

Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by qanda: 10:50am On Aug 01, 2018
prettyjo:

spot on,
I love this
Thank you
Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by Saintino111(m): 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2018
Nice tips. Anybody who can help me with a job, full or part time, i will be grateful.
Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by Handsme(m): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
the summary of all this epistle is just to be connected thats all
Re: JOB TIPS: Tips on How To Find The Perfect Job For You by Smartjob1(f): 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
Awesome tips Op.

For that great job and easy recruitment, join the world's smartest job network www.bejite.com today. Sign and update your CV and profile. Connect to recruiters and business owners easily. Expand your network through your connections. Sign up is free and will stay that way!

(1) (Reply)

SAFESAAC Consulting Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / Pss Limited At Okota Call For Interview. Pls, What Do You Know About Them? / Total Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.