Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

How I Prepare My Dog Food. - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How I Prepare My Dog Food. (36783 Views)

Vincent Fidog and Vincentlife Dog food ( The Authentic Taste Of Italy) / Dog Food / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by Diso60090(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
Yomite22:

Appreciate Boss

Make you nor go eat your dog food ooh because all this boss boss i nor understand

6 Likes

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by VictorEkwere: 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
frowland:

I have posted that so many times here. I don't have to repeat them on every of my post. Sorry bro.

edit: here is one.
hw old is this one
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by Asquare84(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
frowland:

Yes fetus like this image below but bigger ones as this ones here are small.
Normally there is no ration for feeding dogs or canines natural beaf meats as their body takes care of the quantity absorbed.

Some wicked meat seller also sell this calf as meat in the market May God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by pussygotlips: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2018

1 Like

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by BIXYBABE: 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2018
when human no eat finish

1 Like

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by pussygotlips: 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2018
mancanoe:
Your dogs feeds better than over 85% of Nigerian's... Kudos.
Sometimes I wonder how you guys confidently pull out figures with high authority but lack substantial proof to back it up.

your comment here shows how much this dog food mean to you.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by chopsyray(m): 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

Rice can not be cheaper than the blood collected from slaughtered animals.

Make an arrangement with your butcher.

The blood meal contains 300% more protein than beef weight for weight.

The crushed and roasted marrow is excellent for bone density.

Neopolitans are a large breeds and they suffer from arthritis and bone disorders.

Supplements may not be enough to improve their calcium requirement.

To prepare the blood meal, you need to cook it slowly on low heat - gently bubbling away water in the blood.

I would love to try this
Can it be preserved?
Or do I have to collect fresh blood daily?

1 Like

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by mcevans1(m): 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

Nothing to it.

You will need an outdoor cooker and a special pot.

Cook the blood slowly on low heat to reduce the water content and also to pasteurize it. Cook it for at least 6hrs on slow heat.

Let it to cool by refrigerating it afterwards, it will naturally congeal. You can then dry it or chop it into the dog's meal.

Thanks a bunch. I bet this combo will make my dog add weight right? It's an American Eskimo though
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by Effyy: 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
Brucellosis is a zoonotic disease more like a virus that destroy the reproductive system of our lovely canine friends
There is no cure for it..you dog wont get sick u wont even see physical sign if you own a male dog it wont produce the same with d female
If you notice ur canine isnt producing it might be brucellosis pls go to the nearest pet lab to run series of test on the canine
The best way to get rid of brucellosis is to spay or neuter ur canines
How did my dog get infected
The major distributor of the virus is Foetus ..foetus is high in protein and at the same time deadly to our canine friend if you feed ur canine on foetus pls over boil the foetus but to me i would say dont feed ur dog that again
Ur dog can also get infected from another dog during mating...that y before mating both dogs need to be tested.lets be careful with our dogs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2018
pussygotlips:

Sometimes I wonder how you guys confidently pull out figures with high authority but lack substantial proof to back it up.

your comment here shows how much this dog food mean to you.
as in ehn! Imagine saying 85%.. How exactly did he arrive at that figure? Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by 12Monkeys: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2018
chopsyray:

I would love to try this
Can it be preserved?
Or do I have to collect fresh blood daily?

You will have to pasteurize the blood by boiling it slowly which will also reduce the water content without destroying much of the plasma and protein.

Simple refrigeration or drying of the gooey finished product will do just fine.

1 Like

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by frowland(m): 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2018
Asquare84:

Some wicked meat seller also sell this calf as meat in the market May God help us
Go to abattoir, nothing is wasted. Not even the blood or the dung, even the bones, the horn. EVERYTHING. Go there and see for yourself. Thanks.
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by frowland(m): 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

You will have to pasteurize the blood by boiling it slowly which will also reduce the water content without destroying much of the plasma and protein.

Simple refrigeration or drying of the gooey finished product will do just fine.

How will it be fed? Like, what's the ration?
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by frowland(m): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2018
Effyy:

Brucellosis is a zoonotic disease more like a virus that destroy the reproductive system of our lovely canine friends
There is no cure for it..you dog wont get sick u wont even see physical sign if you own a male dog it wont produce the same with d female
If you notice ur canine isnt producing it might be brucellosis pls go to the nearest pet lab to run series of test on the canine
The major distributor of the virus is Foetus ..foetus is high in protein and at the same time deadly to our canine friend if you feed ur canine on foetus pls over boil the foetus but to me i would say dont feed ur dog that again
Ur dog can also get infected from another dog during mating...that y before mating both dogs need to be tested.lets be careful with our dogs

This is entirely misleading.
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by 12Monkeys: 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2018
frowland:

How will it be fed? Like, what's the ration?

Mix it with anything you can afford to feed it.
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by frowland(m): 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
VictorEkwere:
hw old is this one

9 months but that picture was taken when it was 8 months.
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by frowland(m): 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

Mix it with anything you can afford to feed it.

Great, thanks.
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by 12Monkeys: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
frowland:

Great, thanks.

Make sure you pasteurize it.

Nigerian cows carry bovine diseases like TB and whatnot.

1 Like

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by frowland(m): 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

Make sure you pasteurize it.

Nigerian cows carry bovine diseases like TB and whatnot.

Absolutely
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by 12Monkeys: 10:33pm On Aug 14, 2018

1 Like

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by Finnest055(m): 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
Nice Dog Bro
Well done
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by frowland(m): 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtspBbdsAQQ

Hmm, I guess I won't use garlic and those spices I saw there. Just only the blood and the bones.
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by gambit10: 12:00am On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:
Breakfast for Saint Bernards:

Rice
Meat
Orion
GorrillaMax
Cod Liver Oil

Thank you for this post.... I got 2 questions for you.
1. How much does a female neopolitan cost?
2. What advice would you give a prospective breeder, is there a market for dogs?
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by Effyy: 12:31am On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:

Yes fetus like this image below but bigger ones as this ones here are small.
Normally there is no ration for feeding dogs or canines natural beaf meats as their body takes care of the quantity absorbed.

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by Effyy: 12:33am On Aug 15, 2018
gambit10:

Thank you for this post.... I got 2 questions for you.
1. How much does a female neopolitan cost?
2. What advice would you give a prospective breeder, is there a market for dogs?

there is a huge market for man best friend...

Chat me up to know more
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by OyinO: 12:47am On Aug 15, 2018
Soon, I'll stop eating meat. Fish and plants only.
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by dasparrow: 1:32am On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:

It's not raw, its cooked. That's half in the black basin, the other half was still cooking when I took the pix.
Although once in a while, I throw in raw frozen chicken from my farm. To 'recode' and remind them of their ancestry way of life. No harm in that grin .

Nice one! Keep up the good job taking care of your dogs. I respect dog owners like you who make an effort to take good care of their pets. You shall never lack, Amen.

3 Likes

Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by Coleslove: 2:03am On Aug 15, 2018
Hello Bro,

Please can I PM I need to learn or add some sort of knowledge from you on this. Please

Thank you

12Monkeys:

Rice do nothing for dogs.

Why not prepare blood meal?

You can buy cow blood from the butcher and cook it slowly. Add roasted and crushed bone. Sprinkle some Jamiacan spice. And Viola!

Thank me later.
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by babeosisi: 4:44am On Aug 15, 2018
ericsmith:

haba !! bros why i go chop calf or pork meant for dog ..where ponmo dey

Chop as in cutting it up
Lol
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by Kovu(m): 5:04am On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:

This is entirely misleading.

The guy knows what he is saying. Read up about it.
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by Nobody: 5:15am On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:
New order from abattoir today. Cost #3000.
After cooking this, I cook the second pot and put all in deep freezer.
U dey feed dog raw meet? Just hoping the dog no go chop your visitor or even you soon.
Re: How I Prepare My Dog Food. by XhosaNostra(f): 6:46am On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:

I have posted that so many times here. I don't have to repeat them on every of my post. Sorry bro.

edit: here is one.

OMG, it looks like it lifts weights!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Flying Dog: Meet Spitfire, The Michael Jordan Of Dock Diving Dogs (Photos) / Nigerian Vet Doctor Takes To His Heels After A Pitbull Loosens Self From Chain / Residents Lament The Invasion Of Famished Monkeys Into Their Homes In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.