Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America (25183 Views)

2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by amanikondo: 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
newbie2018:
oga please this isn't about CNN but follow other news network as well. racism has skyrocketed rocketed under trumps admin.
I used to fancy visiting the USA before but for the first time ever after numerous racist news and gun violences ,the uSA is being scraapped from my list of admirable destinations

You will not be missed.
You are a drop in a mighty ocean.

I heard boko haram is bombing Nigeria and Fulani herdsmen kill people going to Church on Sunday. I have scrapped the shithole country from my lists.

Falana, face your country problem.

2 Likes

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by dometome: 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Rachel @MSNBC did an expose and showed a picture of Trumps Dad at a KKK rally.

At this point Putin is the only world leader that gives him regard.
Who owns the KKK? Republicans or Democrats?

1 Like

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by john650(m): 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
VanBommel:
Too bad you guys are always making trump look bad, someone that is by far better than hilary clinton and obama put together.
If you have never lived in America, you will have a hard time understanding why many people, especially minority groups don't like Trump. America has an ugly past of institutional racism against minority groups, especially black people. It is a dark past that hasn't gone away and Trump's actions through daily twitter utterances and policies is a reminder to minority groups of the ugly past.
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by chukslawrence(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2018
drips8:
Trump is nothing but a bigot, ignorant nigerians will still support him because of the biblical bullsh**t
Biblical what? i think you are the ignorant here. I suggest you read his few books... Midas touch, before 9/11, Art of the deal, Art of the comeback, why we want to be rich. Also watch 'The Apprentice'

1 Like

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by phoenix5350(m): 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
Most of those praising Trump.. Well I hail Una.. Let's clean our house first huh.. Then we'll deal with the racist idiots later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by PamaB(m): 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
intruxive:
angry
Just like jonathan and PDP used tribe and religion to divide nigeria
Now Ipob can never recover from that sickness undecided
you sound more like someone from the parasitic part of Nigeria.
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Elxandre(m): 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
I'm confused here.
Wasn't it these same Basketball players who turned sports to a political tool, refusing to stand while the anthem is being played?

I hate hypocrites.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Navalsadiq(m): 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Sorry, but where has your own "common sense" gotten you in Life? grin

He's a millionaire in dollars with a recognizable brand world-wide. One of the greatest ever basket-ballers.

You? Just wondering ooo grin
what you don't know is bigger than you.
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Navalsadiq(m): 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Sorry, but where has your own "common sense" gotten you in Life? grin

He's a millionaire in dollars with a recognizable brand world-wide. One of the greatest ever basket-ballers.

You? Just wondering ooo grin
what you don't know is bigger than you
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by swiperthefox: 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
Octaves:
Hillary Clinton has made a handful of racist remarks in public. you won't hear that on CNN. Hillary and her husband used their public offices for personal gain. talk about Haiti. uranium deal, and plenty others. Hillary is very corrupt. just look at her email scandal. Hillary also played the birther's card on Obama during their 2008 primaries. so how exactly is Hillary better than trump? well I guess in dissimulation.
Hillary may be a closet rascist but Trump is a rascist. He doesn't bother to hide it any more.
Hillary is yet to be proven to be corrupt. She has been investigated more than 13 times by Republicans and they are yet to indict her and believe me if there is something to be found they would've found it.
She is the most investigated public servant by an opposition party and they found nothing against her. She brought out her tax return, they looked into the Clinton's charity nothing was found.
Trump has refused to show his tax records till date after promising to show it after an audit. People are thinking that a link to Russian money could be in his tax record.
Trump and his children are possible going to jail because he has been using money for charity for personal use.
Trump and his associates are under investigation now for just less than a year and already the dominoes are falling. Many of his associates have pleaded guilty and in jail. Manafort his campaign chair is on trial now. Trump tried to diminish his role in his election.
Muller is getting close to indicting Trump. He used to say he didn't collude with Russia, now he and his attorney are saying that collusion not a crime.
That's how he lied about Karen MacDougal and Stormie Daniel and later changed his strategy.
His fixer/personal attorney may possibly be going to jail because if all the illegal stuff he did for Trump. He is now singing like a bird. He had Trump recorded agreeing to pay the ladies he slept with 2 weeks to the election against electoral practices.
He also said Trump okayed the meeting with the Russians to get a dirt on Hillary which he denied to not have had any knowledge of and his son lied on oath that his dad had no idea.
These are interesting times in US.

1 Like

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
dometome:
Who owns the KKK? Republicans or Democrats?

Sounds like you need to jump up on Google to do a search.

Good luck.
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by nextstep(m): 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
cashlurd:
FTC for the second time today....
No matter what people say, Trump remains one of the best presidents America has ever had. Fearless, bold, decisive, intelligent and a progressive.

Ironically, Trump is not the kind of person that could have envisioned or fought for American Independence. He's not the type of person that could have written its long-lasting Constitution, nor advocated for the Civil Rights that its citizens (of all colors) now enjoy. He could not have seen the country through the rough patches; could not have galvanized the US in its space race; doesn't believe in science and would not have funded nuclear science; would insist that public education should not be free; would have complained about funding the Internet in its early days; would not have instituted a lot of social safety nets that most Americans take for granted. He has only succeeded in pandering to his base of xenophobic racist white Americans who are realizing that America is not just "white only" anymore. Political power is shifting, and this is their last gasp.

His approach to "leadership" and "diplomacy" is to threaten, lie, bully, insult, and divide... a lot like PMB, funny enough.

My impression on things he has done so far:

tax cuts: heavily biased towards the wealthy that will end up spurring inflation and overheating that will eventually need to be curbed by the Fed, leading to the recession of 2019. https://www.businessinsider.com/tax-cuts-could-make-the-next-recession-worse-morgan-stanley-2018-4
Similar things happened under Bush Jr. (2000, 2008), and Bush Sr. (1990-1991)
Recessions have had a habit of occurring under Republican administrations...

health insurance: millions no longer have insurance, leading to higher costs for taxpayers when they get sick
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/studies-find-trump-health-care-will-drive-premiums-n852086

tarriffs: after slapping China and others with tarriffs, he's now giving farmers an unwanted subsidy to help them out since China retorted with tariffs on agricultural products (oh, and Brazil farmers are willing to gain market share https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-soybeans-china/u-s-soybean-exports-scrapped-as-china-shifts-to-brazilian-beans-idUSKCN1IJ2SG )

Diplomacy: insulting and angering UK, France, Canada, and many other longstanding friends just means they will start pivoting; in particular to China and to Japan (with whom they just signed a trade deal worth 1/3 of world GDP: https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/17/news/economy/eu-japan-trade-deal/index.html ).

All his activity look like a good way for America to lose its standing, economically and politically, if you ask me.
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by budusky05(m): 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
cashlurd:

No matter what people say, Trump remains one of the best presidents America has ever had. Fearless, bold, decisive, intelligent and a progressive.

Smell IPOB with fake Jews links.

Progressive yes his with APC
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by nextstep(m): 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Elxandre:
I'm confused here.
Wasn't it these same Basketball players who turned sports to a political tool, refusing to stand while the anthem is being played?

I hate hypocrites.

Strictly speaking, singing the national anthem or saluting the flag are political tools - used to reinforce allegiance to the country - and should have no place in sports. Well, since that part of a sports event has already been used for that purpose, why can't citizens also protest their government's actions?

Ironically, bending your knees and kneeling is a sign of deference and respect, and sometimes of mourning.
I'm going to quote this article from https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/the-psychology-of-taking-a-knee/

"... Kneeling is a sign of reverence, submissiveness, deference—and sometimes mourning and vulnerability. But with a single, graceful act, Kaepernick invested it with a double meaning. He didn’t turn his back as the anthem was played, which would have been a true sign of disrespect. Nor did he rely on the now-conventionalized black-power fist.

Rather, he transformed a collective ritual—the playing of the national anthem—into something somber, a reminder of how far we still have to go to realize the high ideal of equal protection under the law that the flag represents. The athletes who followed him are showing reverence for the song and the flag, but they are simultaneously deviating from cultural norms at the moment their knees hit the grass. "

In my view, he is appealing to the ideals of America - represented by the flag - and calling attention to the injustices being carried in his country. America was founded by protesters against a despot; its very core is protesting the evils of the day (which is now police brutality towards African Americans and an unjust justice system); the most patriotic thing an American can do is protect the ideals of America - and not allow the present government or public opinion to bully the person into submission.
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Emmafe(m): 12:06am On Aug 01, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Do you live in the US?
At all, who wan dash me Visa cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 01, 2018
James Told CNN

I guess Trump would gladly shout FN Media here.

Fake News Media, Omo that man na clown

1 Like

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by wiloy2k8(m): 12:42am On Aug 01, 2018
cashlurd:

Niga shut up and face your countries problem... no be dem wey dey there fo know which one better for them . Take time
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Dollabiz: 12:49am On Aug 01, 2018
hmmm
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Trexnemesis(m): 12:51am On Aug 01, 2018
Navalsadiq:
LeBron James is without common sense.

I agree with you. They think because they have money, they are important and intelligent and can say anything. Personally, I find many of them basketball celebrities very senseless. It's very obvious most of them don't study to educate themselves about goings-on around them. They know nothing and yet will want to talk. Trump is far better than Hillary and Obama joined together.
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Navalsadiq(m): 12:53am On Aug 01, 2018
cashlurd:

you are right
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by ibnchokomah(m): 1:02am On Aug 01, 2018
tolexy007:
You divide America not Trump, if u want to protest do it in a reasonable way, Not disrespecting the national Anthem by kneeling down when you are to stand.....
What are the reasonable ways to protest? This is a guy that just opened a public school for his neighborhood, gives hundreds of teens scholarships to their university level, embarks on a number of health care projects and you're telling him to keep quiet. He has a voice and he must use it no matter what nobodies like you think. Reasonable way my foot. Is the national anthem not about their freedom? Isn't it the land of the free again? How can an anthem that celebrates one's right and freedom to peacefully protest be disrespected?

1 Like

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by tiger28: 1:15am On Aug 01, 2018
Sammiejokes:

You can easily know that this baboon never step out of the shithole or is an illegal immigrant using peoples social security number to work.
Countries like UK, Canada, Australia has more strict and complex immigration rules and all you opportunist focus on trump.
Lebron james should focus his fustration on NFL players that decide to divide people using sport. How can you kneel down as a sign to disrespect the flag that unites all.
Kanye west has said it already racism is in your mindset in America you can choose to live 400years backward.
AFRICAN MONKEYS everywhere!!! Inferiority complex of the highest level
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Ugosample(m): 1:29am On Aug 01, 2018
drips8:
Trump is nothing but a bigot, ignorant nigerians will still support him because of the biblical bullsh**t

no mind them

from the bashing trump is getting, I doubt of he will win 're election, even if he does magic and grows the economy 6%

His treasonous act in Helsinki has sealed his fate

Even Buhari as dumb as he is can not disgrace us like that

And the powers that be are out to finish him

Starting from the mid term elections this November

me I dey grab popcorn dey look
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Willokafor(m): 1:30am On Aug 01, 2018
swiperthefox:
Donald Trump is a rascist, misogynist, corrupt no good dumb man. His professor in college said he has not seen a more dumb student in his life paraphrased by me.
It was racism that led to his winning through electoral college since only 305 people elect American President against the will of overwhelming majority.
Now racism is on all time high. White people are calling cops on black people for nothing and what does Trump do absolute nothing.
People here supporting him for religious reason are all hypocrites. A man that commits almost all the 7 sins is who you are championg over better tolerant people.
A liar, we used to hear there was no collusion with Russia now he and Rudy his attorney are now saying there was collusion it is not a crime.
The worst rascist President ever.
Thanks for speaking out King James and your new school open to everyone at no cost is very commendable.
Hater of Trump presidency, you have to worry about the state of things in your country first. Put your house in order before worrying about someone else's problem.....
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Ugosample(m): 1:32am On Aug 01, 2018
LastDays777:

Exactly.

If they know how bad Clintons are they will support their president.

better choice than Clinton I may agree

But better than Obama

Better keep shut

If Trump inherited America of 2008/9 You think he wull perform better than Obama?

Even he has rolled back some of the regulations Obama out in place to keep those greedy fuckers at wall street in check.

now he has exposed his country in the process

The problem with third world inhabitants is that they don't think.

1 Like

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by tiger28: 1:35am On Aug 01, 2018
Sammiejokes:

You can easily know that this baboon never step out of the shithole or is an illegal immigrant using peoples social security number to work.
Countries like UK, Canada, Australia has more strict and complex immigration rules and all you opportunist focus on trump.
Lebron james should focus his fustration on NFL players that decide to divide people using sport. How can you kneel down as a sign to disrespect the flag that unites all.
Kanye west has said it already racism is in your mindset in America you can choose to live 400years backward.
See how this AFRICAN BABOON is almost chocking up defending the same White man that hates them to the narrow. I have lived here in NYC for the past 30 years in the same city that Trump was born and i cant believe that i am bantering with some ignorant village boy.It is TOTALLY INCONCEIVABLE for any SANE African to defend this white devil and the craziest thing is that Trump is difficult to defend because all his venom and vitriolic against aficans,blacks 'immigrants and muslims are ALL ON TAPE. Its not some beer parlor gist . But Some african baboons are destroying themselves with perpetual inferiority complex...... Very sad day for africans!

1 Like

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Ugosample(m): 1:35am On Aug 01, 2018
tiger28:
it STILL amazes me how some AFRICAN BABOONS can love this racist Orangutan EVENTHOUGH he has voiced his sentiments against Immigrants...... Mostly of the darker skin tone, women,muslims, blacks and NOTABLY africans.... Are you negroes sick. Oh i understand, most of his supporters havent left their villages talk less of living abroad to see what trump is doing[immigrants are being rounded up DAILY here in the US even black american citizens are being deported "by mistake"]. Or is it because of the hope that Trump is siding with Israel so Ipob think he is their saviormaybe he will nuke Nigeria BUT the funny thing is that Israel no send Africans, they are ALSO chasing and rounding up ppl of the dark skin and deporting them back to africa AS WELL........These African Baboons are sick!

common sense is not common really
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Ugosample(m): 1:44am On Aug 01, 2018
john650:

If you have never lived in America, you will have a hard time understanding why many people, especially minority groups don't like Trump. America has an ugly past of institutional racism against minority groups, especially black people. It is a dark past that hasn't gone away and Trump's actions through daily twitter utterances and policies is a reminder to minority groups of the ugly past.

That is what these black fools on nairaland don't get

Donald Trump is reminiscent of the dark days of jim crow

Now because of the way he has acted and openly and brazenly encourage these foolish white crackers, open racism, harassment of minority groups and even killing them have increased astronomically

Will all these chaos be happening if trump was not president?

His slogan has been translated to "make America white again" well that's his definition of a great America

Any ways I'm not perturbed because he is about to get bleeped up
If he does not go the way of Nixon, he will no get a second term.

If he likes let him grow economy 100% and cut taxes 200 %

So na look I dey look

2 Likes

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by dasparrow: 1:45am On Aug 01, 2018
tiger28:
it STILL amazes me how some AFRICAN BABOONS can love this racist Orangutan EVENTHOUGH he has voiced his sentiments against Immigrants...... Mostly of the darker skin tone, women,muslims, blacks and NOTABLY africans.... Are you negroes sick. Oh i understand, most of his supporters havent left their villages talk less of living abroad to see what trump is doing[immigrants are being rounded up DAILY here in the US even black american citizens are being deported "by mistake"]. Or is it because of the hope that Trump is siding with Israel so Ipob think he is their saviormaybe he will nuke Nigeria BUT the funny thing is that Israel no send Africans, they are ALSO chasing and rounding up ppl of the dark skin and deporting them back to africa AS WELL........These African Baboons are sick!

Don't waste your time trying to educate Nigerians about rascism. I have never met a more self hating bunch of black people with inferiority complex like Nigerians. They praise racist white people and tolerate rascism thrown at them but yet won't tolerate tribalism. Such bunch of hypocrites!

3 Likes

Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 01, 2018
He's always outspoken in criticising Trump.
Re: Basketball Superstar Lebron James Lashes Trump For Dividing America by Ugosample(m): 1:48am On Aug 01, 2018
swiperthefox:
Hillary may be a closet rascist but Trump is a rascist. He doesn't bother to hide it any more.
Hillary is yet to be proven to be corrupt. She has been investigated more than 13 times by Republicans and they are yet to indict her and believe me if there is something to be found they would've found it.
She is the most investigated public servant by an opposition party and they found nothing against her. She brought out her tax return, they looked into the Clinton's charity nothing was found.
Trump has refused to show his tax records till date after promising to show it after an audit. People are thinking that a link to Russian money could be in his tax record.
Trump and his children are possible going to jail because he has been using money for charity for personal use.
Trump and his associates are under investigation now for just less than a year and already the dominoes are falling. Many of his associates have pleaded guilty and in jail. Manafort his campaign chair is on trial now. Trump tried to diminish his role in his election.
Muller is getting close to indicting Trump. He used to say he didn't collude with Russia, now he and his attorney are saying that collusion not a crime.
That's how he lied about Karen MacDougal and Stormie Daniel and later changed his strategy.
His fixer/personal attorney may possibly be going to jail because if all the illegal stuff he did for Trump. He is now singing like a bird. He had Trump recorded agreeing to pay the ladies he slept with 2 weeks to the election against electoral practices.
He also said Trump okayed the meeting with the Russians to get a dirt on Hillary which he denied to not have had any knowledge of and his son lied on oath that his dad had no idea.
These are interesting times in US.

Trump is in big shit

His body language and treatments utterances in Helsinki was the nail in the coffin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) / Gonzalo Higuain's £49M Move to Chelsea Takes a New Twist / Short Guys Turn Asisat Oshoala Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.