Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing (22565 Views)

7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Apologizing / 7 Mistakes You Should Never Make During Sex / Facing A Lifelong Insecurity + Why I Stopped Apologizing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by SEONaijaExpert: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2018
No. 7 expecting immediate forgiveness is right
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 01, 2018
24hoursreporter:
We tend to offend people sometimes in our life. However, issuing an apology to people the right way can go a long way to make things right. But most people are lagging in this area. This article will focus on the mistakes people make when apologizing.

7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing

#1 Making Excuses

One of the mistakes people make when apologizing is that they give excuses for their actions. Ordinarily, an apology is all about taking responsibility for your mistakes not making excuses for them.

#2 Being Insincere In It

Insincerity is among the mistakes people make when apologizing. When you wrong someone, be very sincere and passionate while begging for forgiveness.

#3 Doing It Via SMS

It is always better to issue an apology face to face rather than doing it via SMS. When it is face to face, there will be eye contacts and the aggrieved person will know if you are truly sincere.

#4 Saying Am Sorry But

This is one of the worst ways to issue an apology. Just come clean and don’t try to justify your actions. This is the most common mistakes people make when apologizing.

#5 Blaming The Other Person

As a rule, never blame other people while you are apologizing. It will make you look unremorseful.

The truth is that, if you aren’t remorseful in your apology, then there is nothing to be sorry about.

#6 Apologizing Late

Sometimes, when you wait so long before you apologize, the situation can actually go worse. So, it is better you do it in time before it is too late.

#7 Expecting Immediate Forgiveness

Never expect immediate forgiveness when you issue an apology. Just give the aggrieved person time to let things slide.

These are the mistakes people make when apologizing.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/08/01/7-mistakes-people-make-when-apologizing/

You almost made sense

Number fùck you up
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by sainthumble: 9:36am On Aug 01, 2018
Some people don't accept or tender apology..

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by malificent(f): 9:55am On Aug 01, 2018
I really needed to read this
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by showafrica(m): 10:00am On Aug 01, 2018
I don't offend people and I don't know why. I only suit myself and sometimes selfish so, to some it's offensive. I cannot trim myself to suit you anyways so, no apology. The worst I have done is bashing someone bumber which was not my fault still but I was compelled to apologize. I always ask myself, why should I offend someone and sleep in peace.
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by Mrmrpee(m): 10:11am On Aug 01, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by Blogsphere: 10:25am On Aug 01, 2018
This piece was written by Komolafe Daniel OP give credit nah

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by micariice(m): 10:28am On Aug 01, 2018
Fixing up the mess that you have cause have been an indirect apology and creating a face to face solution to the problem to a satisfactory stage has been a direct apology
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by Samiking(m): 10:32am On Aug 01, 2018
#1 Making Excuses
Giving excuse does not mean you are denying taking responsibility of your action....some people will like you to explain reasons of your action cos something must have prompted you to commit. like for instance, you gave your partner 10missed calls and no picked then later the person picked to tell u that, "no excuse for no picking your calls, I'm sorry" just like that?
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by willexyaho(m): 10:39am On Aug 01, 2018
A round of an applause .
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by MissJoy29(f): 11:48am On Aug 01, 2018
Samiking:
#1 Making Excuses
Giving excuse does not mean you are denying taking responsibility of your action....some people will like you to explain reasons of your action cos something must have prompted you to commit. like for instance, you gave your partner 10missed calls and no picked then later the person picked to tell u that, "no excuse for no picking your calls, I'm sorry" just like that?
You are right. Because in this case, "I'm sorry" isn't enough. But the person apologising should go straight to the point & not wait to be asked before revealing why the calls weren't picked. Like, "I'm sorry dear I missed your calls. I was: in the bathroom/in the kitchen, on the road/Praying/in a meeting etc."

Btw,why give someone 10 missed calls except it's really urgent or you want to make a statement? It's creepy and disturbing to me o.

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by MissJoy29(f): 11:58am On Aug 01, 2018
This topic is very important. A lot of people don't know how to apologise nor how to own up to their mistakes & it causes a lot of fricrion in rekationships/marriage. It's as if the op reached into my mind and brought out the words there. Everything he/she said is right & I try to do it.

I also can't count the number of people I have taught these things to. And thank God they picked up.

Giving excuses, shifting blames, etc are one of the things I detest in a guy. The worst is being too proud to apologise.

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by hkidola00(m): 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
cocoboss:
nobady is perfect..and from a decent and good girl it takes just a second to say apologies accepted!!!
ok but what about an apology from a girl u trusted dating and romancing her cousin behind ur back
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by omooba969(m): 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
Cathtom:
This is for me

How?
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by CakeChow: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
It's interesting, thanks
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by noob03saibot(m): 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
MissJoy29:

You are right. Because in this case, "I'm sorry" isn't enough. But the person apologising should go straight to the point & not wait to be asked before revealing why the calls weren't picked. Like, "I'm sorry dear I missed your calls. I was: in the bathroom/in the kitchen, on the road/Praying/in a meeting etc."

Btw,why give someone 10 missed calls except it's really urgent or you want to make a statement? It's creepy and disturbing to me o.
"or you want to make a statement?" Can you shed more light on this please.
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by omooba969(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
Jayuba:
Very true.
When you apologise to a lady with a stoney heart, she refuse to reply you, meaning forgiveness is not in her dictionary. What should be your next action?

Call her bluff & tell her to go fvck herself.

One less problem, without her...grin
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by cocoboss(m): 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
still aint gonna take more than am sorry, just that man would be on his knee this time and if she aint gonna forgive at the time, she needs tuh 4k off wink wink
hkidola00:
ok but what about an apology from a girl u trusted dating and romancing her cousin behind ur back
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by MissJoy29(f): 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2018
noob03saibot:
"or you want to make a statement?" Can you shed more light on this please.
Like sometimes when you wrong someone & the person isn't picking your calls like before. But you really need to call & talk to bring things the way they were before the offence.
You get?
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by MissJoy29(f): 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
omooba969:

Call her bluff & tell her to go fvck herself.

One less problem, without her...grin
What happens to finding out from him why she's not "listening" to his apology. instead of this thing you are doing now.
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by NarnieSnyper(m): 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
This is one reason my girl dislikes about me; I admit, I'm a proud person and always look for an excuse to give. Not that I'm proud by nature but I don't want to be seen as a weakling. Although I'm working towards being a better man.

I just have this thing about never apologising only if I am wrong. Lord help me
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by 24hoursreporter: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
Blogsphere:
This piece was written by Komolafe Daniel OP give credit nah

Guy, naijaloaded copied this article word to word. I have emailed them severally to stop posting my articles without referencing me, yet no response. It puzzles me how a website as big as naijaloaded will be using someone intellectual property without referencing the original owner
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by noob03saibot(m): 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
MissJoy29:

Like sometimes when you wrong someone & the person isn't picking your calls like before. But you really need to call & talk to bring things the way they were before the offence.
You get?
OK, thanks. Gotcha
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
50% Off! A rare Opportunity to
Own Christal Villa Queens Court
with CofO Shapati Lekki at N5m
+ Free Deed of Assignment

For details/Inspection::

NIKE 07064401427
IYKE 08023963432
SAHEED 09066815852
ABIOLA 07036435999

Becoming a Landlord has been made easy!
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by omooba969(m): 6:57pm On Aug 01, 2018
MissJoy29:

What happens to finding out from him why she's not "listening" to his apology. instead of this thing you are doing now.

Why should that be my concern? The main issue is that the guy messed up & is now apologizing but the chick ain't having it - WHY na? undecided

We ask God for forgiveness & He shows mercy and forgives.

Tí abán jà, bí ká kú ko....kílódé! cool
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by omooba969(m): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Guy, naijaloaded copied this article word to word. I have emailed them severally to stop posting my articles without referencing me, yet no response. It puzzles me how a website as big as naijaloaded will be using someone intellectual property without referencing the original owner

This is Nigeria, everybody na Criminal. grin
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by omooba969(m): 7:06pm On Aug 01, 2018
NarnieSnyper:
This is one reason my girl dislikes about me; I admit, I'm a proud person and always look for an excuse to give. Not that I'm proud by nature but I don't want to be seen as a weakling. Although I'm working towards being a better man.

I just have this thing about never apologising only if I am wrong. Lord help me

@bolded,

That in itself is a weakness, you can ask anyone.

The Lord is your strength. smiley
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by MissJoy29(f): 7:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
noob03saibot:
OK, thanks. Gotcha
You are welcome.

Another reason is when someone's owing you & you just feel like bombarding his/her phone with calls to pass across a message especially when they are dodging your calls.
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by MissJoy29(f): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
omooba969:

Why should that be my concern? The main issue is that the guy messed up & is now apologizing but the chick ain't having it - WHY na? undecided

We ask God for forgiveness & He shows mercy and forgives.

Tí abán jà, bí ká kú ko....kílódé! cool
Well, never be too quick to judge a matter.

If you notice, I used the word "listening" to his apology not "forgiving" his apology. I see them as two different things. A case where someone always misbehaves and apologises, at a point, you have to see if it's a patten. Cos if that's it, I will stop listening knowing that it doesn't matter if I forgive that one or not, he/she will do another one intentionally cos they are aware there's "forgiveness" at the end of their drama with "I'm sorry".

I just gradually cut off from that person or take away that thing that's always making him misbehave constantly & cause hurt.

You grab?

Btw, I'm not Yoruba.
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by omooba969(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
MissJoy29:

Well, never be too quick to judge a matter.

If you notice, I used the word "listening" to his apology not "forgiving" his apology. I see them as two different things. A case where someone always misbehaves and apologises, at a point, you have to see if it's a patten. Cos if that's it, I will stop listening knowing that it doesn't matter if I forgive that one or not, he/she will do another one intentionally cos they are aware there's "forgiveness" at the end of their drama with "I'm sorry".

I just gradually cut off from that person or take away that thing that's always making him misbehave constantly & cause hurt.

You grab?

Btw, I'm not Yoruba.

Igbo or Hausa?
Re: 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing by MissJoy29(f): 11:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
omooba969:

Igbo or Hausa?
Are those the only tribes in Nigeria?

Btw, does it matter? What matters is that I didn't understand what you typed in Yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are You Addicted To? / Hilda Baci: What Can You Do Nonstop For 90 Hours? / Shocking Revelations Show That “ibb Killed Abiola, Abacha, Idiagbon, Ige Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.