Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) (47297 Views)

Angola Exits OPEC / Tiger Power Is Dead, Kenya Strongest Man Dies At 72 Years (photos) / Donald Trump Blasts CNN On Twitter, CNN Replies With An Epic Clapback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by HajimeSaito(m): 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
Popular News Anchor Isha Sesay Exits CNN, Cites Anti-trump Coverage As Reason

Popular Cable News Network reporter, Isha Sesay, has announced her exit from the organisation after spending 13 years.

Sesay broke the news on her Twitter handle, @IamIshaSesay on Wednesday, “it’s really happening, folks!! After more than a decade behind the desk with those three red letters… I HAVE LEFT CNN.”

Speaking on the reason for her exit in an interview with Whatweseeee, Sesay said, “It’s an exciting time for me — and a nerve-wracking one,” she says. “I’m writing a book about the Chibok girls, it’s being released in May 2019. It really speaks to where my head is at, currently — a lot more coverage about Africa, a lot more work on the continent, and a lot more focus on young girls. That’s what I’m about right now.”

She also revealed her frustration with Western media, which is focused on US President Trump, “it’s all so Trump-focused,” she explains. “He sucked all of the oxygen out of the room. The media is following that lead to the exclusion of almost everything else, in a meaningful way. For me, personally, it’s not what I want to spend all my time doing.”

“After a while, I want to do more coverage of the Ebola outbreak, of the elections in Liberia, or any number of things that are happening. I’m ready to take control of what I’m talking about,” Sesay added.

Lots of her followers have been reacting to the news of her exit, with many wishing her well in her future endeavours.

Sesay is a British born journalist of Sierra Leonean descent.

https://punchng.com/isha-sesay-exits-cnn-cites-anti-trump-coverage-as-reason/

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2018
Trump is not giving them the chance they had during Obama time to do biased coverage of Africa.
I hope u will locate the remaini g chibok girls were they are in us .
I'm surprised she has not interviewed them while they were her next door neighbours as easily as she picked placard to shout bring back our girls.

Tinubu donation has finished or Obama and Clinton are looking the other way.
Mtcheew

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by resurgent2019: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2018
See fine girl kiss. Whether CNN likes it or not, it is Trump/pence till 2024.

If Trump was sympathetic to Islam like Obama, CNN wouldnt hate him so much. Way to go Isha.

It is Trumpism/Republicanism till forever in the US. Anybody who doesnt like it can hug a wet transformer.

158 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by adeniyi3971(m): 4:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
Only those that are there can tell what's happening!

cone back dear Africa is your home and do all you can to help us change the image the Caucasians have painted us to be..

Omo gidi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by AntiWailer: 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
misleading headline.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by zicoraads: 10:06pm On Aug 01, 2018
The headline is misleading Dominique.

Sesay is always a sight to behold whenever she is reading the news. And her accent also made for an interesting session. I wish her all the best.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by HigherEd: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2018
As in ehn. It is too much. You just have to listen to CNN to understand how desperate and obsessed they are with getting rid of Trump. They have even gone beyond reporting the news and now giving their unsolicited opinion on almost everything trump, especially that Kate Boulder and that black guy on 7am news. 200 people can can die in Kabul they don't care because they are busy looking for ways to destroy trump. I didn't pay to be seeing such crap!

I forever respect Aljazeera, that's what international journalism should look like. CNN and Fox are an embarrassment to the world of media. There are way thousand more important things to report on than to focus on trump....

200 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by bedspread: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2018
I have left watching CNN to BBC and Aljazera....

One thing these fail to Understand is
President Donald Trump.. Was Singlehandedly and Personally Brought to The White House by GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF..... all to Show that Its not by power neither by Might, but by GOD ALMIGHTY...

Madam Clinton , Obamacare gang and their Cnn gang should Understand that there is Nothing they can do about it Except Trump turns against GOD...

No one will take Him out!!

President Trump has a part to play in these Last days....
Personally I see him as the Last president of the USA before the Rapture ....

90 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by WeirdWolf: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2018
Sweet lady...

Buhari returns to Daura come 2019... grin

16 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
sassysure:
Trump is not giving them the chance they had during Obama time to do biased coverage of Africa.
I hope u will locate the remaini g chibok girls were they are in us .
I'm surprised she has not interviewed them while they were her next door neighbours as easily as she picked placard to shout bring back our girls.

Tinubu donation has finished or Obama and Clinton are looking the other way.
Mtcheew
God bless you.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
eyah
the only black lady I have seen there!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Throwback: 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
She also revealed her frustration with Western media, which is focused on US President Trump, “it’s all so Trump-focused,” she explains. “He sucked all of the oxygen out of the room. The media is following that lead to the exclusion of almost everything else, in a meaningful way. For me, personally, it’s not what I want to spend all my time doing.

She sited Trump only coverage by the media and not just CNN, and not anti-Trump message as mischievously claimed in the title.

In essence, she is moving on to other vocation and humanitarian goals as opposed to the deceit that is called news media.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
The hate fake news network has for Trump is utterly disgusting. sadists. they prefer war monger bitch killary

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by NoBetterNigeria: 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
All the best omalicha

4 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by pdpisGONE: 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
bush woman
Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by jimcaddy(m): 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
Please can someone tell her to come and cover events in the APC, and establish reasons why everybody is porting back to PDP...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by udoka55555: 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
had it been you were in Nigeria, you would have held on to that job as if your life depend on it!!

while am looking for job someone somewhere is quitting CNN?

what a bias world

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Throwback: 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
resurgent2019:

If Trump was sympathetic to Islam like Obama, CNN wouldnt hate him so much. Way to go Isha.

It is Trumpism/Republicanism till forever in the US. Anybody who doesnt like it can hug a wet transformer.

You are a religious fundamentalist who has gone over the hill because of religious bigotry.

At the end of the day, all politics is local and Americans will always decide their future based on their own perception, and not based on the perception of a refugee seeking inferiority complexed religious bigot in Africa.

Obama did his bit after inheriting an economic recession from the Republicans and won reelection with a landslide. Regardless of the irrelevant opinion of Africans like you who for religious sake, were determined to believe Obama was a Muslim lover as though it were a crime, or that providing equal opportunities for all regardless of religion was a sin in Christianity or against the American constitution.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Abayomin70(m): 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2018
At work 12 hours shift and the flat screen for work na only CNN and it can't be change
I tell you the station worst for 12 hours everyday I am at work all there news is all about trump,trump and Trump
The alpha Omega of fake news

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
adeniyi3971:
Only those that are there can tell what's happening!

cone back dear Africa is your home and do all you can to help us change the image the Caucasians have painted us to be..

Omo gidi
Nobody is painting anything. If your shithole country was anything to write home about we will have blacks trooping here applying for citzenship. We'd give the whites the middle finger

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wow! They are now obsessed with trump rather than bringing objective news to the people it's nauseating.

Reporting shud always be fair. If she resigned cos of that she is very professional.

I personally think Trump is a blessing to America in disguise. Africans in America hate him cos dey can't handle the truth. Tho he has his flaws like any other person.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by kye83: 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
Get the best Free betting Odds and also earn ₦600 per every person you refer only on Goal 9ja Prediction forum.

To learn More: [url=nairaland.site/sports]CLICK HERE[/url]
Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by edupedia: 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
resurgent2019:

Did u ask yourself whether Isha is Muslim or Christian?

11 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by VocalWalls: 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
Really liked her reports.

Well, anywhere belle face na front
Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
She is right I am shocked she has left CNN but the media coverage on Trump by that network is annoying many of their programmes are focused on America with less focus elsewhere it is supposed to be an international media organisation.

Oh I forgot it is an American news network with it's headquarters in Atlanta.

14 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by lonelydora: 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
HajimeSaito:
Popular News Anchor Isha Sesay Exits CNN, Cites Anti-trump Coverage As Reason

Popular Cable News Network reporter, Isha Sesay, has announced her exit from the organisation after spending 13 years.

Sesay broke the news on her Twitter handle, @IamIshaSesay on Wednesday, “it’s really happening, folks!! After more than a decade behind the desk with those three red letters… I HAVE LEFT CNN.”

Speaking on the reason for her exit in an interview with Whatweseeee, Sesay said, “It’s an exciting time for me — and a nerve-wracking one,” she says. “I’m writing a book about the Chibok girls, it’s being released in May 2019. It really speaks to where my head is at, currently — a lot more coverage about Africa, a lot more work on the continent, and a lot more focus on young girls. That’s what I’m about right now.”

She also revealed her frustration with Western media, which is focused on US President Trump, “it’s all so Trump-focused,” she explains. “He sucked all of the oxygen out of the room. The media is following that lead to the exclusion of almost everything else, in a meaningful way. For me, personally, it’s not what I want to spend all my time doing.”

“After a while, I want to do more coverage of the Ebola outbreak, of the elections in Liberia, or any number of things that are happening. I’m ready to take control of what I’m talking about,” Sesay added.

Lots of her followers have been reacting to the news of her exit, with many wishing her well in her future endeavours.

Sesay is a British born journalist of Sierra Leonean descent.

https://punchng.com/isha-sesay-exits-cnn-cites-anti-trump-coverage-as-reason/

Why? I love this girl

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by chigoziri2403(m): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
she should go into modelling

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
This lady is so beautiful part of the reasons I watch CNN

6 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Jabarzee(m): 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
She is beautiful, not like all this nairaland girls

7 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
resurgent2019:

Wetin dis one dey talk?

3 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
bedspread:
I have left watching CNN to BBC and Aljazera....

One thing these fail to Understand is
President Donald Trump.. Was Singlehandedly and Personally Brought to The White House by GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF..... all to Show that Pits not by power neither by Might, but by GOD ALMIGHTY...

Madam Clinton , Obamacare gang and their Cnn gang should Understand that there is Nothing they can do about it Except Trump turns against GOD...

No one will take Him out!!

President Trump has a part to play in these Last days....
Personally I see him as the Last president of the USA before the Rapture ....

You have got to be kidding me.

Abbeybailey,whenever you log in read this post.A lot of balderdash in one piece.Anyway na him opinion.

5 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) by DIKEnaWAR: 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ugly nonsense! Choke on a phallus!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Indonesia Traffic Jam Forces President Out Of Car, Walks 2Km To State Event / Full Text Of Trump's Speech On Iran And Reaction On Social Media / Hillary Clinton Wins First Ballot In Dixville Notch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.