Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement (16461 Views)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand / Just In: NNPC Staff Protest Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by devil007: 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by Patode: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
Can someone please clarify whether they were sacked or laid off. 18 years ago, OBJ was in office. If NLC, NUPENG and PENGASSAN are not interested in this matter, I believe that the people are probably not telling the whole story.
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by Sterope(f): 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
As in ehn

Na Garnishee take hard like this. Well, we don't know what they going through.

teemy:
They are barking up the wrong tree. Just a court order that the equivalent sum demanded be moved from EM's account to a collective account for them and case dismissed. Guess their lawyers are not giving them the right advice (I hope not bought off).
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by mechanics(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
it's unfair for an organization not to pay it's dues owed worker.
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by portside(m): 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
The management is still resuming at the office through the water ways enroute the American embassy HQ at ikoyi to thier V/I office while the workers tend to block the main gate, I pictorial evidence if requested by the aggrieved.
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by Dasherz(f): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
flexyrule:
The singular fact that the protest was carried out in Victoria Island Lagos, shows that EVERYTHING is fundametally wrong.

How can a company, whose operational base is in Akwa Ibom have it's head office in Lagos?

The protest is carried out at every Mobil branch in the country
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by teemy(m): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
Sterope:
As in ehn

Na Garnished take hard like this. Well, we don't know what they going through.

Better imagined than felt. 18 years waiting for entitlements. LOTs of pains there my sister.
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by Dasherz(f): 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
Patode:
Can someone please clarify whether they were sacked or laid off. 18 years ago, OBJ was in office. If NLC, NUPENG and PENGASSAN are not interested in this matter, I believe that the people are probably not telling the whole story.
Oga before you start typing what you know nothing about ... They have the full backing off PENGASSAN and the whole story has been told Mobil has been lusting this case for 18 years and they list again during the in-house hearing in Lagos and Abuja ... Get your facts right before typing

My dad is among the staffs .. they were sacked ... And their allocations not paid as supposed ... Even after Mobil issued then employee form a month earlier after the supreme court's judgement

So all they want is to be paid in full and that's it
Their lawyer Falana is in negotiations alongside PENGASSAN boss with Mobil to resolve a fair play for them
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by Dasherz(f): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
teemy:

Better imagined than felt. 18 years waiting for entitlements. LOTs of pains there my sister.
They've not been waiting 18 years... The 18 years is how long they've had issues with their employment status with Mobil, they were recruited by firm about 28 years ago but not paid as employees ...
The case started in 1998 but taken to court in 2000 and they were sacked after the firm lost the case in the supreme court last month without full entitlements

3 Likes

Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by Dasherz(f): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
portside:
The management is still resuming at the office through the water ways enroute the American embassy HQ at ikoyi to thier V/I office while the workers tend to block the main gate, I pictorial evidence if requested by the aggrieved.

All routes were blocked ... Just last week they were told to allow staffs work as negotiation is ongoing
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by teemy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dasherz:

They've not been waiting 18 years... The 18 years is how long they've had issues with their employment status with Mobil, they were recruited by firm about 28 years ago but not paid as employees ...
The case started in 1998 but taken to court in 2000 and they were sacked after the forum lost the case in the supreme court last month without full entitlements
Thanks for the clarity. But if they lost, what are they claiming they won at the Supreme Court?
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by ashantitope: 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
i know u will not remember how many court order PDP did not follow during obasanjo and Jonathan era so this not about politics there are very different because this people work for Mobil let talk about Mobil because I work around there and I do see them every blessed day they are in both side of the road in front of the company and other side of the company
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by oyoirabor: 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
The same way O... have refused to pay their laid of staff for years now!!!!
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by FiremanP(m): 11:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
Every time ona dey blame mobil for incomplete payment(s) . E be like ona dey high on cheap alcohol. Mobil wey dey treat ona like oyinbo sef. See dat one with beret sef come join ur mates here for akwa ibom, make i see whether beret go come ur mind..e dey swag...smh...sebi na ona wan work for company...ona nor read contract(s). #SeizeNoiseAbeg
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by Dasherz(f): 12:11am On Aug 02, 2018
teemy:

Thanks for the clarity. But if they lost, what are they claiming they won at the Supreme Court?
They won at court level including the supreme court... I said Mobil lost not them
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by InvertedHammer: 6:40am On Aug 02, 2018
/
They are being owed 18years arrears and they think they can dance their way to payment.

Let them keep dancing...

There are times one need to show seriousness in life. It reminds one of the image of Governors taking smiley photos with Buhari in Aso Rock after massacres in their respective states.

/

1 Like

Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by Codes151(m): 7:58am On Aug 02, 2018
As a community person.. The issue of this case is the fault of a black man..

A black man sacked them....
A black man has refused to pay them....
A black man is the problem of a black man...
A black man is incapable of civilization
Since black men reached management level.. They have killed this company

This company is filled with so much ***** people.
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by Codes151(m): 8:02am On Aug 02, 2018
FiremanP:
Every time ona dey blame mobil for incomplete payment(s) . E be like ona dey high on cheap alcohol. Mobil wey dey treat ona like oyinbo sef. See dat one with beret sef come join ur mates here for akwa ibom, make i see whether beret go come ur mind..e dey swag...smh...sebi na ona wan work for company...ona nor read contract(s). #SeizeNoiseAbeg
akwa ibom people also worked there.... Protest is everywhere not just Lagos.its in akwa ibom
Re: Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement by FiremanP(m): 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2018
Codes151:
akwa ibom people also worked there.... Protest is everywhere not just Lagos.its in akwa ibom

I know, as a matter of fact, im in eket. They shud just seize noise

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? / Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins / MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.