Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) (40089 Views)

Bola Tinubu Visits Adamawa (Photos) / Falana To Buhari: Don't Let Police Disrupt Upcoming #EndSARS Protest / Insecurity: Police Disrupt Protest By Southern Kaduna Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Buharimustgo: 12:11am On Aug 02, 2018
When will they sell Nigeria?
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:28am On Aug 02, 2018
buygala:
Protest was disbanded for the Protesters' own good

Imagine one Boko Haram suicide bomber letting himself off in the middle of those protesters

Adamawa is bad enough as it is sad

I am Pro-Christian but I must say this protest was undertaken at the wrong place at the wrong time..

So when do you suggest is the right time ?
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by lexy2014: 12:30am On Aug 02, 2018
buygala:

Imagine one Boko Haram suicide bomber letting himself off in the middle of those protesters

I am Pro-Christian but I must say this protest was undertaken at the wrong place at the wrong time..
if d protests were banned 4d good of d protesting Christians & enforced by d police with brute force, y have this same police not shown d same bravado in fighting Fulani herdsmen when they go about killing at will? Y did d same police not track down d killer herdsmen 4 committing murder&depriving other innocent Nigerians of their right to life? Y is d police more interested in stopping unarmed civilians all in d name of their safety, whereas it sits and does nothing to apprehend d real threat 2d safety of d christians which is d killer herdsmen?

3 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by iammolise(m): 12:31am On Aug 02, 2018
This CAN sef I no understand dem...
U waited so long watching these killings
Become so great before starting a protest, this should've been organised a long time ago... After their killings is running up to thousands.

Personally, I find this more of a "medicine after death" action.
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by 2016v2017: 1:39am On Aug 02, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Armed policemen have clashed with protesters in Yola, capital of Adamawa State, leaving scores injured.

The violence erupted when policemen tried to prevent a peaceful procession organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) from reaching strategic parts of the city.

CAN said it organised the protest to register its displeasure with killer herdsmen who have attacked over 43 communities mainly inhabited by Christians in the state.

The peaceful procession turned violent when armed policemen pinned down the protesters at strategic spots, blocking them from reaching the Government House. To the protesters, the Police had taken sides by preventing them from reaching the point where they hoped to send their protest letter to President Mohammadu Buhari.

Adamawa CAN Chairman, Bishop Stephen Dami Mamza, lamented that the Police that ought to protect all and sundry without fear or favour, prevented CAN members from carrying on a peaceful demonstration to convey their displeasure with various massacres in 43 agrarian Christian communities in the state to the Presidency.

The Police had barred the Christians from going ahead with the procession.

The Police letter prohibiting the peaceful procession, which was made available to Sahara Reporters, reads in part: “Be informed that present precarious and perilous security situation nationwide and in the north-eastern part of the country in particular is not favourable for any religious procession.

“Moreover, information and intelligence at our disposal is not palatable; therefore your request is not approved.”

Irked by the news, the protesters defied the Police and marched towards the Government House via the Police Roundabout. The standoff turned violent when the police tear-gassed the protesters in a bid to stop them from advancing to the Government House.

At a point, the Police resorted to firing live bullets as the people remained defiant.

At the Government House, the protesters were met at the gate by the Deputy Governor, Martins Babale, who promised to convey their grievances to Governor Jibirilla Bindow for onward delivery to President Muhammadu Buhari.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/01/many-bloodied-adamawa-police-disrupt-can%E2%80%99s-anti-herdsmen-protest
isn't it clear now to everyone that terrorist Buhari is behind the unrest and Killings in Nigeria, especially Middle Belt?

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by 2016v2017: 1:42am On Aug 02, 2018
Eziokwugbaoto:
NPF should be scraped
they are acting according to their boss in Aso Rock order.
Buhari is a bloody terrorist tyrant dictator.
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by 2016v2017: 1:43am On Aug 02, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Was there ever a country? Herdsmen kill and MURIC spew hate speeches, no arrest. The agressed PROTESTS, Police arrest and maim them.
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by 2016v2017: 1:45am On Aug 02, 2018
Firefire:
Buhary and his gang of rogues will never go unpunished

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by 2016v2017: 1:46am On Aug 02, 2018
bedspread:
Buhari Just Has to go...
And he will go...

Heaven and Earth are Against him...
Baba go and retire in peace..... don't wait until u do an Abacha...

Those guys pushing u are Evil Nd after your Destruction...
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by lonlytroy(m): 2:23am On Aug 02, 2018
Eziokwugbaoto:
NPF should be scraped
Lol
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by OmoOshodi(m): 2:26am On Aug 02, 2018
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by begge: 3:26am On Aug 02, 2018
Nigeria is not ripe enough to have police officer, we only have criminal officer
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by GAJIT: 3:31am On Aug 02, 2018
[quote author=belloadebowale post=69904469]Criminal Axoxiation of Nigeria ( C A N ).Christian Axaxination Of Nigeria.( C A N )[/quote.
islam is the bane of any society across the globe; beliv or not!

2 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by eagleu: 3:37am On Aug 02, 2018
NPF is now the armed wing of APC
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 02, 2018
The population of this country should rise up and revolt violently against the Police.

Burn down every police station where you live and kill every Police Officer you see.

We can do this because we are many than them. If this is done, Police brutality will stop once and for all in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 02, 2018
This is getting very bad.

Do we really have a President ? Nigerians, is your President on social media at all ?
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by israelmao(m): 5:28am On Aug 02, 2018
If something like this happened to other side in Jonathan's administration I am sure you really know what it would have resulted into.

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by stevedre: 5:34am On Aug 02, 2018
MarijuanaLORD:

Threatening a whole tribe with his moniker

Seun you need to deactivate this moniker within 24hours or else ...

cc seun
mynd44

Trust me, it won't be deactivated anytime soon. Tribal bigots go scot free on NL most times though I wish the moderator's prove me wrong this time.

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Asbaba(m): 5:44am On Aug 02, 2018
if my wish is to be granted I'll wish for FG to dissolve all religious organizations and associations.

I don't know why this CAN thinks they can do whatever in this country. Adamawa Is known as Fulani area since. But still with the knowledge of Adamawa being Fulani's state yet they led their followers to unholy protest. Imaging someone trying to restrict your movements in your house, I know everybody would not take that bulls hit.

despite all what the Christians have done to them in North Central, they still have the guts to protest against them in their own home and we expect peace to to reign in this country... unity can never be achieved as long as we stand on each other's neck...
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Abubakar247(m): 5:45am On Aug 02, 2018
CAN..a religious wing of PDP
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Asbaba(m): 5:54am On Aug 02, 2018
buygala:

no, no, no. there will never be the right time in Adamawa state, bcuz it's Fulani dominated state, you can't go and protest against me in my house, I'll have you killed or banish from my house...

so, to CAN members out there please I beg of you do not repeat this mistake bcuz Fulani herdsmen might confront you during during your protest next time in their home..
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Gkemz: 6:06am On Aug 02, 2018
Who are they complaining to... To an Islamic fulani governor or to an Islamic fulani president who promotes jihad.

Sometimes i wonder why God is punishing us with wicked and ruthless leaders like Buhari.
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by vineyardfarms: 6:12am On Aug 02, 2018
[quote author=24hoursreporter post=69901806]Armed policemen have clashed with protesters in Yola, capital of Adamawa State, leaving scores injured.

The violence erupted when policemen tried to prevent a peaceful procession organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) from reaching strategic parts of the city.

CAN said it organised the protest to register its displeasure with killer herdsmen who have attacked over 43 communities mainly inhabited by Christians in the state.

The peaceful procession turned violent when armed policemen pinned down the protesters at strategic spots, blocking them from reaching the Government House. To the protesters, the Police had taken sides by preventing them from reaching the point where they hoped to send their protest letter to President Mohammadu Buhari.

THANK GOD THE CAN IN THE NORTH HAVE WOKEN UP TO FIGHT EVIL. FREEDOM IS NOT CHEAP. MAY GOD STRIKE DOWN THE EVIL POLICEMEN DEFENDING EVIL AND PROTECTING THE HERDSMEN FULANI

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by ajealadick(m): 6:36am On Aug 02, 2018
OP just two people? Upon the thousand gathered? Was expecting more.
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by glamorousbluice(f): 6:41am On Aug 02, 2018
Sarkin:
it's the jobless aggressive idiotic pigs of Biafra that spew shit and hate speeches.
Ask Shiites what happens to them?

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 02, 2018
I must confess, buhari is the MOST USELESS THING I ever voted! #NEVER AGAIN!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Cocolatti(m): 6:49am On Aug 02, 2018
belloadebowale:
Criminal Axoxiation of Nigeria ( C A N ).Christian Axaxination Of Nigeria.( C A N )
Afonja Muslim Slave Spotted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Jaziri4real: 7:08am On Aug 02, 2018
The protest was disaproved for security purpose;terrorist might take another chance in hitting the protestants .terrorist major centre of concentration is where large number of people are.please kindly understand while the protest was disbanded
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Jaziri4real: 7:24am On Aug 02, 2018
If u don't have sense hide your face.now I believe common sense is not common
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by Eziokwugbaoto: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2018
pressplay411:

Protests are an act of rebellion. Rebellion is a sin as of witchcraft. 1Samuel 16:23a
It is un-Christlike.
CAN should act according to the leading of the Holyspirit which cannot contradict the Word of God.

This oppression is not flesh, it is spiritual. And spiritual affairs are confronted first with Prayer to direct the action that should be taken for God to deliver His people.
Bro, every man to his opinion though.
First of all I personally think Protest is not an act of rebellion. Shey na democracy dem say we dey practice (am not even sure) they should be ready to welcome protests and complaints every now and again because these are some of the things (to say the least) you see in a democratic system of government. It's just a way the masses show their disapproval on some policies of the government but when some lowlives and undiplomatic fools let their emotions get the better of them that's when it turns violent and I can never recommend violence to any individual or group of people as a means of lodging a complain or showing their grievance towards a certain policy. Things like these happen in the US and other developed countries and you won't hear that their men in black tries these nonsense ours are doing and I know how freaky those whites can be but the cops try as much as possible to settle every civil unrest amicably.
Secondly, the bible passage you cited. I'd like you to throw more light on that. I'm still not able to link that verse to what happened in Adamawa as at the time of typing this.
#peace
Re: Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) by DOCU(m): 7:28am On Aug 02, 2018
belloadebowale:
Criminal Axoxiation of Nigeria ( C A N ).Christian Axaxination Of Nigeria.( C A N )

Bello Adebowale
Afonja Muslim slave I guess
Sofisticated Moroon Tribe

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thousands Follow Atiku To The Palace Of Lamido Of Adamawa / Amaechi Thanks Buhari For Not Converting Him To Islam / Is All Really Well Between Buhari And Tinubu? - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.