Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc (1057 Views)

Android Emulator Hypervisor Driver Keeps Failing To Install On My Andriod Studio / How Do I Stop Smadav From Popping Up Every Time I Start My Pc? / How Do I Download Udemy Courses On My PC For Offline Viewing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by xamuel17(m): 2:50am On Aug 02, 2018
Hello friends, I have a hp laptop that comes with a 4gb ram and Amd processor. I actually have plans to self teach myself android development since I can't afford going to Niit or Aptech

I bought android studio software, installed it.. Yet it refuses to work.

Please is there any other thing I would need to have to make the android studio fully operational on my pc?

Ps: I'm in Owerri right now, I will be glad if your willing to help!
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by celestialAgent(m): 8:12am On Aug 02, 2018
Sorry, but how do you intend to teach yourself efficiently when you cannot finds your way around a basic installation? C'mon go to youtube and go watch realtime tutorials on the installation.

If you are trying to install it on Ubuntu Linux, I can help u tho.
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
Bruv, check if u have java installed.......!
I mean jdk nor just jre alone. Android studio needs java jdk to function properly
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by islamics(m): 3:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
xamuel17:
Hello friends, I have a hp laptop that comes with a 4gb ram and Amd processor. I actually have plans to self teach myself android development since I can't afford going to Niit or Aptech

Please is there any other thing I would need to have to make the android studio fully operational on my pc?

First, you were supposed to download Android Studio from their website and not buy. This is the first time I am hearing someone say he bought AS.
About your problem, no much details attached like Error message or at which stage is the installation failing? Make sure you have internet access during the installation.
AS installation can be problematic but problems are to be solved as a programmer.
All the best!
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by Kamxin(m): 3:05am On Aug 04, 2018
good
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by kosmos95(m): 6:07am On Aug 04, 2018
xamuel17:

to cut the story short go to YouTube search for Android App development and include the tutors name bucky Robert or thenewboston and download the series of his video and thank me later.
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by stanogb(m): 8:55am On Aug 04, 2018
xamuel17:

Holla me, am in Owerri. Am a developer.
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by xamuel17(m): 11:00am On Aug 04, 2018
stanogb:

Holla me, am in Owerri. Am a developer.
Hello, plz this is my number cn we chat via whatsapp or phone call?
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by xamuel17(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2018
islamics:

First, you were supposed to download Android Studio from their website and not buy. This is the first time I am hearing someone say he bought AS.
About your problem, no much details attached like Error message or at which stage is the installation failing? Make sure you have internet access during the installation.
AS installation can be problematic but problems are to be solved as a programmer.
All the best!

Yeah, I'm having two problems after installation
1. Gradle fails to sync
2. It's saying my Amd processor cannot run the emulator... Seems it only works on Intel processor
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by SetrakusRa(m): 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
xamuel17:

1. Gradle fails to sync
2. It's saying my Amd processor cannot run the emulator... Seems it only works on Intel processor

1. Go-to File > Settings > Build, ... > Select Gradle and uncheck Offline if checked.. After that, select Apply, then OK. Make sure you have strong internet connection, and Try Gradle Sync again. If this doesn't solve it, post a screenshot of the error

2. For the meantime,I advise you use your physical device to run the apps or get Genymotion emulator.
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by islamics(m): 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2018
xamuel17:

1. Gradle fails to sync
For Gradle failing to sync; you need to be connected to with internet during installation. Good internet cos lots of download goes on during the installation.
As for the amd processor stuff; I am not too sure if AMD support virtualization. While not check it from your system BIOS, if it is there then you turn it ON else you use a physical decide to run your app.
You shouldn't be talking of emulator now, get a functional Android studio first.
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by xamuel17(m): 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
islamics:

For Gradle failing to sync; you need to be connected to with internet during installation. Good internet cos lots of download goes on during the installation.
As for the amd processor stuff; I am not too sure if AMD support virtualization. While not check it from your system BIOS, if it is there then you turn it ON else you use a physical decide to run your app.
You shouldn't be talking of emulator now, get a functional Android studio first.

Thanks alot, i found the virtualization in Bios and enabled it... I'm still trying to sync gradle, but I guess my network is slow.. It's still failing to sync
Re: How Can I Get Andriod Studio Functional On My Pc by xamuel17(m): 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
These are the errors I'm having

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress Web Development: A Step By Step Growth Plan For Every Startup / Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired / Hack Facebook Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.