Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Why Do You Go To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Go To Church? (969 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Why Do You Go To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Go To Church? by misright(f): 6:21pm On Mar 28, 2007
Its quite known that some people go to church because they want to please their loved ones, yet others because they need money(church business),, others dont want to be called pargans! If one should ask me why i go to church, mmhh, i want to know Christ and be saved.

Why do you go to church?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by ukor(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2007
hi, N'gel, its quite a suppressing thought that ring out to many people.
but in as much as other people go to church yet they don't know why and what takes them there. but to me. u hit my emphasis. ,
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by TV01(m): 9:27pm On Mar 28, 2007
To rescue damsels in distress. Although they often don't realise it and refuse to be rescued grin!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Free(f): 10:36pm On Mar 28, 2007
Cause God wants Us to undecided
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by amodiaquin: 9:21am On Mar 29, 2007
1. In obedience to His command, NEGLECT NOT THE GATHERING OF BELIEVERS
2. To hear more of His Word
3. I find peace in His presence
4. I teach His Word in Church, If I dont go to church i may miss the person He wants me to speak a Word to that day
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by TV01(m): 11:29am On Mar 29, 2007
TV wakes up real grumpy and goes out spoiling for a fight  wink!

amodiaquin:

1. In obedience to His command, NEGLECT NOT THE GATHERING OF BELIEVERS

One does not have to go to a place called church to satisfy this. Indeed one may go to a place called church and not satisfy this.

2. To hear more of His Word

As above

3. I find peace in His presence

Again, as above. And what on earth gave you the idea that God dwells in "temples built with hands?"

4. I teach His Word in Church, If I don't go to church i may miss the person He wants me to speak a Word to that day

And again, as above. Interestingly enough you actually think God may intend for you to speak to someone and your own action/inaction may thwart that? Presumably you consider your role as co-starring with God?

So matey, do you have anything to add to this?

God bless
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by misright(f): 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2007
Others go for fashion parade! Beauty contest, you agree with me?cheesy

(1) (Reply)

When U R Upset! / Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities / Is Hell Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.